ImageImageImage

Celtics General Offseason Thread Pt 11: Kanter believe you thought of former player

Moderators: bisme37, Parliament10, shackles10, snowman, canman1971, Darthlukey, Shak_Celts, Froob

100proof
Starter
And1: 1,117

Re: Celtics General Offseason Thread Pt 11: Kanter believe you thought of former player 

Post#1381 » by 100proof » Wed Sep 11, 2019 3:39 pm

GotDaSauce wrote:
100proof wrote:

******Warning incoming purely speculative post

If he trades a wing Hayward is his first choice as he is not really a kid, has not been drafted by danny nor has he been rooted for every second of his career.

It's 100% Jaylen and that's why he goes into how hard it is to trade one of our drafted players.
That's if anybody gets traded at all.

Think?

I mean Jaylen has the most value. But will his contract bring back a big worthy enough of his outgoing value?

I mean nothing is a given at this point but I think a very young continuing to improve 2 way player has more value to Danny than someone like Hayward.

Perhaps that is just me that sees it that way.
Andrew McCeltic
RealGM
And1: 8,542

Re: Celtics General Offseason Thread Pt 11: Kanter believe you thought of former player 

Post#1382 » by Andrew McCeltic » Wed Sep 11, 2019 4:57 pm

It sounds like he’s thinking of Jaylen, or hinting about him - he’s the only wing who fits the description. But it’s an odd comment. Is he prepping the fan base, just being honest, something else?

Maybe an “insider” can comment - do teams even pay attention to or take seriously what other GMs say to the media?

The one indirect effect I can imagine of Danny’s comments is sparking up Hayward’s reputation - like, wait, is he so healthy they want to trade Brown instead?
Tatumfor2
Starter
And1: 4,618

Post#1383 » by Tatumfor2 » Wed Sep 11, 2019 10:26 pm

zoyathedestroya wrote:
Read on Twitter

Expect the honeymoon period to end... in 8 years after 4 championships and 7 Finals appearances.

That table is amazing! :love:
Win it for Al!!! :pray:
100proof
Starter

Post#1384 » by 100proof » Thu Sep 12, 2019 12:22 pm

With Washington doubling down on the "Keeping Beal" talk, and if I remember correctly I believe that Beal has spoken very highly of Hayward in the past, could Washington be a landing spot for Hayward?

Admittedly, I do have an affinity for Thomas Bryant and Hachimura but could something like Hayward, Langford and Williams for Bryant, Rui, Bertrans and Mahinmi work?

Team would need to try and flip Mahinmi's expiring contract plus a filler contract (Miami maybe?) or cut him to free up roster space but I think that its a fair trade for all, or at least the basis of a fair trade. Gordon is the best player, but the age and upside and contracts fit better with the incoming players.

Thomas becomes the starting Center, he is mobile enough that he could play PF in certain matchups I think
Rui would be the 3rd starting swing (probably lineup up at PF) and would make a really solid core.
Bertrans runs the SF off the bench.

Williams and Wagner fight for starters minutes for Washington
Beal and Hayward definately start together.
Langford is their 6th man?

Kemba/Brown/Tatum/Hachimura/Bryant is a fast, long, defensive athletic lineup that can all score inside and outside.
threrf23
RealGM
And1: 4,377

Post#1385 » by threrf23 » Thu Sep 12, 2019 4:18 pm

100proof wrote:Admittedly, I do have an affinity for Thomas Bryant and Hachimura but could something like Hayward, Langford and Williams for Bryant, Rui, Bertrans and Mahinmi work?

No offense, but is this a joke?
100proof
Starter

Post#1386 » by 100proof » Thu Sep 12, 2019 4:53 pm

threrf23 wrote:
100proof wrote:Admittedly, I do have an affinity for Thomas Bryant and Hachimura but could something like Hayward, Langford and Williams for Bryant, Rui, Bertrans and Mahinmi work?

No offense, but is this a joke?

No, no joke.

But I really like Bryant and Rui.
brackdan70
RealGM
And1: 8,037

Post#1387 » by brackdan70 » Thu Sep 12, 2019 5:07 pm

100proof wrote:With Washington doubling down on the "Keeping Beal" talk, and if I remember correctly I believe that Beal has spoken very highly of Hayward in the past, could Washington be a landing spot for Hayward?

Admittedly, I do have an affinity for Thomas Bryant and Hachimura but could something like Hayward, Langford and Williams for Bryant, Rui, Bertrans and Mahinmi work?

Team would need to try and flip Mahinmi's expiring contract plus a filler contract (Miami maybe?) or cut him to free up roster space but I think that its a fair trade for all, or at least the basis of a fair trade. Gordon is the best player, but the age and upside and contracts fit better with the incoming players.

Thomas becomes the starting Center, he is mobile enough that he could play PF in certain matchups I think
Rui would be the 3rd starting swing (probably lineup up at PF) and would make a really solid core.
Bertrans runs the SF off the bench.

Williams and Wagner fight for starters minutes for Washington
Beal and Hayward definately start together.
Langford is their 6th man?

Kemba/Brown/Tatum/Hachimura/Bryant is a fast, long, defensive athletic lineup that can all score inside and outside.

Interesting. I personally would rather hang onto Hayward though, but that would not be a horrible deal. I also don’t believe Hachimura ever becomes a starting caliber player.

Edit: rereading I see Langford is included as well. With that info I would pass on this deal from the Cs POV.
Sign here
Banks2Pierce
RealGM
And1: 5,320

Post#1388 » by Banks2Pierce » Thu Sep 12, 2019 8:12 pm

Have seen Jaylen play about 250 games at this point and still have no idea whether I want to pay his next contract.
Parliament10
Forum Mod - Celtics
Forum Mod - Celtics
And1: 53,210

Post#1389 » by Parliament10 » Fri Sep 13, 2019 1:07 am

"You have to put the work in.
Nothing is given."

~ Jayson Tatum
MagicBagley18
RealGM
And1: 20,332

Post#1390 » by MagicBagley18 » Fri Sep 13, 2019 3:10 am

Banks2Pierce wrote:Have seen Jaylen play about 250 games at this point and still have no idea whether I want to pay his next contract.

As have i....and the answer for me is no- unless he drastically improves and quickly. Young or not , if you have to ask that question after 250+ games- the answer is likely a no IMO.
NuckyPowell
General Manager
And1: 9,533

Post#1391 » by NuckyPowell » Fri Sep 13, 2019 6:55 am

Parliament10 wrote:Image

I like our chances if we're going 6 on 5.
Andrew McCeltic
RealGM

Post#1392 » by Andrew McCeltic » Fri Sep 13, 2019 9:17 am

MagicBagley18 wrote:
Banks2Pierce wrote:Have seen Jaylen play about 250 games at this point and still have no idea whether I want to pay his next contract.

As have i....and the answer for me is no- unless he drastically improves and quickly. Young or not , if you have to ask that question after 250+ games- the answer is likely a no IMO.

But you also don’t want to trade away an Oladipo for an Ibaka..
Ernest
Sixth Man
And1: 1,271

Post#1393 » by Ernest » Fri Sep 13, 2019 9:56 am

MagicBagley18 wrote:

But how much would his max be? Guys coming off rookie contracts don't get those 30/35% of the cap deals that can be crushing to a teams cap.

He would have to really regress for signing him to not make sense. If he only makes slight progress this year, we still sign him because we can always trade him later. It's really not a problem because the free agent market will determine his value. If no one will sign him for his max, we can sign him for less. If teams are lining up to give him his max, then we know we can always trade him later.
MagicBagley18
RealGM

Post#1394 » by MagicBagley18 » Fri Sep 13, 2019 10:27 am

Andrew McCeltic wrote:
MagicBagley18 wrote:

I also don’t want to pay an ibaka 30 million....
MagicBagley18
RealGM

Post#1395 » by MagicBagley18 » Fri Sep 13, 2019 10:27 am

Ernest wrote:
MagicBagley18 wrote:

But how much would his max be? Guys coming off rookie contracts don't get those 30/35% of the cap deals that can be crushing to a teams cap.

He would have to really regress for signing him to not make sense. If he only makes slight progress this year, we still sign him because we can always trade him later. It's really not a problem because the free agent market will determine his value. If no one will sign him for his max, we can sign him for less. If teams are lining up to give him his max, then we know we can always trade him later.

I believe his rookie max is 29
FlatearthZorro
RealGM
And1: 11,886

Post#1396 » by FlatearthZorro » Fri Sep 13, 2019 11:57 am

MagicBagley18 wrote:
Ernest wrote:
MagicBagley18 wrote:

I believe his rookie max is 29

You mean us offering him max or another team. Cause if it's us, it's more than 29, for other teams potentially handing him a deal as RFA I dunno the amount.
Good assessment:

PLO wrote:Tatum played OK - took advantage of a few mismatches - decent on the defensive end. He is what we thought he was going into the season - a technically very proficient player operating close to his career ceiling as a rookie.
FlatearthZorro
RealGM
And1: 11,886

Post#1397 » by FlatearthZorro » Fri Sep 13, 2019 12:00 pm

I kinda want the season to start, already. :D
Good assessment:

PLO wrote:Tatum played OK - took advantage of a few mismatches - decent on the defensive end. He is what we thought he was going into the season - a technically very proficient player operating close to his career ceiling as a rookie.
100proof
Starter

Post#1398 » by 100proof » Fri Sep 13, 2019 12:08 pm

Parliament10 wrote:Image

I really like that top row and believe that can become one of if not the best top 3 in the league.

Bottom row is a different story though I love Marcus
zoyathedestroya
RealGM
And1: 87,846

Post#1399 » by zoyathedestroya » Fri Sep 13, 2019 12:11 pm

...18 days until training camp! No other reason for posting that image. CELTICS!!!
Andrew McCeltic
RealGM

Post#1400 » by Andrew McCeltic » Fri Sep 13, 2019 2:17 pm

MagicBagley18 wrote:
Andrew McCeltic wrote:
MagicBagley18 wrote:

I also don’t want to pay an ibaka 30 million....

Right - I meant, we shouldn’t give away a young player too soon to fill a need in the front court with someone who doesn’t have the same upside.

Best case, everything works out for once - Kanter defends ok, hits threes, Theis stays healthy, Poirier plays good NBA defense, Williams develops over the year.

Return to Boston Celtics