ImageImageImageImageImage

Around The NBA X

Moderators: Danny Darko, Kilroy, TyCobb

LAKESHOW
RealGM
And1: 4,176

Re: Around The NBA X 

Post#1741 » by LAKESHOW » Wed Sep 11, 2019 5:32 pm

For as much as i hated that racist donald sterling. What Balmer is doing in Inglewood is a tremendous step in building up that citys iow income community.
Home of the 17 Time World Champions
zimpy27
Forum Mod
Forum Mod
And1: 36,496

Post#1742 » by zimpy27 » Thu Sep 12, 2019 2:37 am

LAKESHOW wrote:For as much as i hated that racist donald sterling. What Balmer is doing in Inglewood is a tremendous step in building up that citys iow income community.

Or push them out, rent is on the rise.
"Let's play some basketball!" - Fergie
Slava
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 33,410

Post#1743 » by Slava » Thu Sep 12, 2019 9:06 am

So the Celtics lost to France national team which has one all star NBA player.
:king: + :angry: = :wizard:
ROballer
General Manager
And1: 2,742

Post#1744 » by ROballer » Thu Sep 12, 2019 2:38 pm

Called it before the World Cup even started, they were never going to medal here. I was actually surprised they were undefeated up until this point.

Worst roster ever assembled except for the 98' World Cup, in which they had guys without jobs because of the lockout. That really doesn't count.

You know what's the only bright spot? The dumb luck, Americas having two spots from this World Cup with guaranteed qualification berths and not just one, like the other continents except Europe. Because if it was just one, it would be going to Argentina and the US would have to play in the pre Olympic qualification tourney against teams from all continents(4 spots up for grabs). And considering the tourney is held in July next year, I would have guessed they would send the G-leaguers to play the games. Point is, they would probably not have qualified for the Olympics if they had to play qualification games.
Steve Nash injures his back while carrying bags

Slava wrote:I pulled a hammy while fapping. I won't make fun of Nash.
LAKESHOW
RealGM

Post#1745 » by LAKESHOW » Thu Sep 12, 2019 4:11 pm

Celtic players are just overrated.
Kilroy
Forum Mod - Lakers
Forum Mod - Lakers
And1: 12,222

Post#1746 » by Kilroy » Thu Sep 12, 2019 4:29 pm

Slava wrote:So the Celtics lost to France national team which has one all star NBA player.

Yeah, I'm still waiting for Tatum to get some justified backlash for this... He's supposed to be the next big thing in the NBA, but he's clearly not the guy that can elevate his game to carry a team to another level. Didn't happen for the Celtics last season, and didn't happen at the WC either.
Never have rice at Hanzo's house...
iamworthy
RealGM
And1: 8,909

Post#1747 » by iamworthy » Thu Sep 12, 2019 4:50 pm

Kilroy wrote:
Slava wrote:So the Celtics lost to France national team which has one all star NBA player.

Yeah, I'm still waiting for Tatum to get some justified backlash for this... He's supposed to be the next big thing in the NBA, but he's clearly not the guy that can elevate his game to carry a team to another level. Didn't happen for the Celtics last season, and didn't happen at the WC either.

Don't fall into the Jason Tatum hate crowd. It's silly to put the weight of anything on his shoulders, he's 20 years old. Jason didn't even play the last two games right?
Sedale Threatt
RealGM
And1: 40,827

Post#1748 » by Sedale Threatt » Thu Sep 12, 2019 5:10 pm

He's a Celtic; that's reason enough to hate him right there.
iamworthy
RealGM

Post#1749 » by iamworthy » Thu Sep 12, 2019 5:17 pm

Sedale Threatt wrote:He's a Celtic; that's reason enough to hate him right there.

:lol: I get it, but Kobe didn't mind training him. And don't you dare say anything bad about Kobe :rofl:
iamworthy
RealGM

Post#1750 » by iamworthy » Thu Sep 12, 2019 5:25 pm

Some fan based on the GB are super sensitive. It's Funny as hell.
Sedale Threatt
RealGM

Post#1751 » by Sedale Threatt » Thu Sep 12, 2019 5:54 pm

iamworthy wrote:
Sedale Threatt wrote:He's a Celtic; that's reason enough to hate him right there.

:lol: I get it, but Kobe didn't mind training him. And don't you dare say anything bad about Kobe :rofl:

Where would you like me to start, shooting too much or his habit of getting so far up his own @ss he practically lives there? :D
iamworthy
RealGM

Post#1752 » by iamworthy » Thu Sep 12, 2019 5:57 pm

Sedale Threatt wrote:
iamworthy wrote:

Where would you like me to start, shooting too much or his habit of getting so far up his own @ss he practically lives there? :D

:lol:
Kilroy
Forum Mod - Lakers
Forum Mod - Lakers
And1: 12,222

Post#1753 » by Kilroy » Thu Sep 12, 2019 6:53 pm

iamworthy wrote:
Kilroy wrote:

Don't fall into the Jason Tatum hate crowd. It's silly to put the weight of anything on his shoulders, he's 20 years old. Jason didn't even play the last two games right?

In a sense I agree, but those kind of excuses don't seem to apply to other players... A star is supposed to star no matter what. In a way it's always their fault...

So my point is actually that... Is he "Just a 20yo who didn't play," or is he a "Star/Superstar"... If the later, he doesn't really get to use the excuse. I just think the media/fans are being exceptionally gentle to Tatum.

When he does anything remotely good, he's surpassed Simmons as the future of the NBA, if he under performs... Crickets.
Never have rice at Hanzo's house...
iamworthy
RealGM

Post#1754 » by iamworthy » Thu Sep 12, 2019 7:36 pm

I totally understand what you are saying. When he balled out a couple years ago in the playoffs he was the best thing since sliced bread. Then he followed that up with a sub-par year and no one said anything...i get it.
LAKESHOW
RealGM

Post#1755 » by LAKESHOW » Thu Sep 12, 2019 9:04 pm

"Colangelo felt ankle injuries sustained by Jayson Tatum during the World Cup and Kyle Kuzma just before the tournament hurt the U.S. chances in China, noting that the team felt Kuzma was going to be a big help. "
Sedale Threatt
RealGM

Post#1756 » by Sedale Threatt » Thu Sep 12, 2019 11:11 pm

iamworthy wrote:
Sedale Threatt wrote:
iamworthy wrote:

Along those lines, a friend just texted me this ...

Read on Twitter
iamworthy
RealGM

Post#1757 » by iamworthy » Fri Sep 13, 2019 12:36 am

Sedale Threatt wrote:
iamworthy wrote:
Sedale Threatt wrote:

Along those lines, a friend just texted me this ...

Read on Twitter

:lol: :lol: :lol: Kobe memes have been fire the last couple days.
Penberthy
Sixth Man
And1: 243

Post#1758 » by Penberthy » Fri Sep 13, 2019 3:09 pm

LAKESHOW wrote:For as much as i hated that racist donald sterling. What Balmer is doing in Inglewood is a tremendous step in building up that citys iow income community.

*Googles Gentrification*
Landsberger
General Manager
And1: 1,969

Post#1759 » by Landsberger » Sat Sep 14, 2019 12:30 am

LAKESHOW wrote:"Colangelo felt ankle injuries sustained by Jayson Tatum during the World Cup and Kyle Kuzma just before the tournament hurt the U.S. chances in China, noting that the team felt Kuzma was going to be a big help. "

How could Kuzma be a big help.... around here he's fodder for a back up center......
stan francisco
Lead Assistant
And1: 1,537

Post#1760 » by stan francisco » Sat Sep 14, 2019 1:36 am

Landsberger wrote:
LAKESHOW wrote:"Colangelo felt ankle injuries sustained by Jayson Tatum during the World Cup and Kyle Kuzma just before the tournament hurt the U.S. chances in China, noting that the team felt Kuzma was going to be a big help. "

How could Kuzma be a big help.... around here he's fodder for a back up center......

Our third star.
PG: D Lo / Reaves / Vincent(IL) / JHS
SG: Christie / Dinwiddie / Lewis / Mays
SF: LBJ / Prince / Reddish / Windler
PF: Rui / Vando(IL) / LBJ
CTR: AD / Hayes / Wood

Modern era NBA titles:
LAL 11, CHI 6, SAS 5, BOS 5, GSW 4

Return to Los Angeles Lakers