Image ImageImage Image

FIBA 2019 World Cup Bulls players Satoransky & Felicio performances

Moderators: HomoSapien, Payt10, RedBulls23, coldfish, AshyLarrysDiaper, fleet, kulaz3000, Michael Jackson, Ice Man, dougthonus, Tommy Udo 6 , DASMACKDOWN, GimmeDat

bigworld2017
Pro Prospect
And1: 407

Re: FIBA 2019 World Cup Bulls players Satoransky & Felicio performances 

Post#161 » by bigworld2017 » Thu Sep 12, 2019 5:01 pm

uppantera wrote:Another big game for Sato: 22 pts/12 asts and the Czech beat Poland. Next up is Serbia on Saturday for 5th place -- and this from a team that was ranked 24 in FIBA entering the tournament and is missing one of its best players (Euroleague MVP Jan Vesely).

When Sato checked out at the end of the game the announcers said "the entire gym should be on their feet right now."

Guy is a stud. Plays efficiently and has a complete all around game. Great leader. Really think he's going to be a star with the Bulls.

I've been off on vacation since mid August. Usually there is nothing going on of interest basketball wise. Bit I'm back and getting caught up. I like the way Sato looks. He's got a nice all around game on both ends. I like his passing ability and his decision making. His 3 pt launch could be a little faster. He's definitely going to help us a lot. I can't wait for training camp to start. Barring injuries we should be highly entertaining this year. We'll certainly be deeper.
TheFinishSniper
Assistant Coach
And1: 3,244

Post#162 » by TheFinishSniper » Thu Sep 12, 2019 5:20 pm

Indomitable wrote:
TheFinishSniper wrote:
Indomitable wrote:The 4 Boston Celtics really helped the U.S.A.

I really wouldnt be suprised if they dont make playoffs. There is nothing about those Celtics to be scary of them. Even as Bulls fan. Hell I expect fight for 8th seed with them.

But Brown and Tatum are Superstars :roll:

If anything that last season shown me is that Bulls have better young core than Celtics. I take Lavine and Lauri over Brown and Tatum any day of the year. And with Celtics losing guys like Horford I am confident we have good vets support and good as theirs. Specially with Otto, Sato and Young.

Yes our youngsters lack playoff experience over theirs but just overall as players, skillset etc I am taking ours no bias.

If Bulls end up much worse than Celtics this year we can for sure say that Brad Stevens is either HoF coach or Boylen is one of worst coaches NBA ever saw.

If Celtics really think Kyrie, 25pt scorer at elite efficiency was their biggest problem they are for suprise.
transplant
RealGM
And1: 3,407

Post#163 » by transplant » Thu Sep 12, 2019 6:53 pm

I was very happy with the signing. I think Satoransky showed that he’s legit with the Wiz. He’s not Uber-athletic, but he’s no stiff. He’s skilled and most important, he gets the game. A great fit for this Bulls team.

Sent from my iPhone using RealGM Forums
Until the actual truth is more important to you than what you believe, you will never recognize the truth.

- Blatantly stolen from truebluefan
nomorezorro
RealGM
And1: 8,852

Post#164 » by nomorezorro » Thu Sep 12, 2019 7:19 pm

it's probably unreasonable how excited sato's summer exhibition tournament performance has me about the bulls' season

just got me fantasizing like...if otto, sato, thad and wcj all settle into a sort of Very High Quality Role-Player slot, it could really put zach and lauri into a position to take a big step forward. if everything clicks that's a foundation for a legitimately good team!
WookieOnRitalin wrote:Game 1. It's where the series is truly 0-0.
transplant
RealGM

Post#165 » by transplant » Thu Sep 12, 2019 7:49 pm

nomorezorro wrote:it's probably unreasonable how excited sato's summer exhibition tournament performance has me about the bulls' season

just got me fantasizing like...if otto, sato, thad and wcj all settle into a sort of Very High Quality Role-Player slot, it could really put zach and lauri into a position to take a big step forward. if everything clicks that's a foundation for a legitimately good team!

I like your fantasy.

As for me, I've spent the past two seasons expecting, almost knowing, that the Bulls would lose virtually every game (the immediate post-Porter acquisition was an oasis). This year, I honestly believe that, while they won't win most of their games, I'll be able to reasonably believe they have a decent chance to win. This makes a huge difference to me in terms of watchability.
Until the actual truth is more important to you than what you believe, you will never recognize the truth.

TheFinishSniper
Assistant Coach
And1: 3,244

Post#166 » by TheFinishSniper » Thu Sep 12, 2019 8:01 pm

transplant wrote:
nomorezorro wrote:it's probably unreasonable how excited sato's summer exhibition tournament performance has me about the bulls' season

I like your fantasy.

As for me, I've spent the past two seasons expecting, almost knowing, that the Bulls would lose virtually every game (the immediate post-Porter acquisition was an oasis). This year, I honestly believe that, while they won't win most of their games, I'll be able to reasonably believe they have a decent chance to win. This makes a huge difference to me in terms of watchability.

East is getting back to crapshoot. Celtics heavily underperformed for talent they had (lost Horford also), 76ers lost Jimmy, Kawhi left Raptors, Indy wont have Oladipo for start of year. Nets while they got better on paper in reality they will be worse or same team this year. I will argue every team on East is this year beatable on nightly basis. It's not like I value Bulls higher it's more than I value every team lower.

Bulls got better this year than many teams on East who actually either lost key players or have actually less high end talent than year before. That brings into variant of watchablity. Because path getting to wins should be "easier" and that makes difference.
VolumePoster
Lead Assistant
And1: 2,025

Post#167 » by VolumePoster » Thu Sep 12, 2019 9:08 pm

White being the wildcard. Does he bring scoring punch off the bench?
NDave79
Sixth Man
And1: 1,348

Post#168 » by NDave79 » Thu Sep 12, 2019 9:33 pm

This is kind of interesting in my opinion because you get to see him in other situations than just his highlights (Defensive and rebounding stuff, etc.).

I have a really good feeling about Satoransky. I know it’s just FIBA, but it feels like he might be coming into his own and confidence can mean so much. There are plenty of cases of point guards that make a big jump later in their career (Nash and Billups come to mind at the moment). I have no expectations of him becoming a star, but I think he could become a player who has a big impact on winning.
Indomitable
RealGM
And1: 5,400

Post#169 » by Indomitable » Thu Sep 12, 2019 10:23 pm

NDave79 wrote:

This is kind of interesting in my opinion because you get to see him in other situations than just his highlights (Defensive and rebounding stuff, etc.).

I have a really good feeling about Satoransky. I know it’s just FIBA, but it feels like he might be coming into his own and confidence can mean so much. There are plenty of cases of point guards that make a big jump later in their career (Nash and Billups come to mind at the moment). I have no expectations of him becoming a star, but I think he could become a player who has a big impact on winning.

http://www.fiba.basketball/basketballworldcup/2019/news/vote-now-who-would-be-your-tissot-most-valuable-player-of-the-world-cup?fbclid=IwAR2OMY7RcTqiLzLFWyfcQXBZr3oeqcpOWWqUB35bF6gX_XEXect4ZpuZARo

Show him some support.
:banghead:
johnnyvann840
RealGM
And1: 18,703

Post#170 » by johnnyvann840 » Fri Sep 13, 2019 12:04 am

NDave79 wrote:

I agree. I think this guy could really be the x factor that can bring out the best in Lauri and Lavine. I'm really looking forward to seeing how Lavine plays with him. I really think Kris Dunn has been a major hindrance to both Lauri and Zach and the team in general. At least that is my hope. Now, the nightmare scenario is the Bulls somehow starting Dunn over Sato but I just can't see this happening.

When you look at the Bulls starting lineup of Lavine, Otto, Lauri and Wendell, Satoransky really is the perfect fit. With him running the offense instead of asking Lavine to be a primary ball handler, this offense should be much more effective and Zach can concentrate on finding his spots and getting the ball on his way to basket instead of having to try and create. He could change everything.
I am more than just a serious basketball fan. I am a life-long addict. I was addicted from birth. - Hunter S. Thompson
NWIBullsFan
Junior
And1: 247

Post#171 » by NWIBullsFan » Fri Sep 13, 2019 1:05 pm

It's not the Olympics so American players don't care, but a lot of the rest of the world is there because they DO care, and Sato's all-around numbers are quite impressive (7 games):

Pts/Game - 15.9, 19th
Reb/Game - 6.1, 30th
Ast/Game - 8.9, 2nd

Any age group, playing for any trophy, being top-30 in all 3 categories is pretty rare. To top it off, he also sits:

29th in 3pt - 45.5%
6th in Efficiency - 22.6
10th in FT% - 89.3%
MalagaBulls
Lead Assistant
And1: 1,896
Location: Malaga, Spain (Where the Sun shines 300 days a year))

Post#172 » by MalagaBulls » Fri Sep 13, 2019 1:10 pm

NWIBullsFan wrote:It's not the Olympics so American players don't care, but a lot of the rest of the world is there because they DO care, and Sato's all-around numbers are quite impressive (7 games):

Pts/Game - 15.9, 19th
Reb/Game - 6.1, 30th
Ast/Game - 8.9, 2nd

Any age group, playing for any trophy, being top-30 in all 3 categories is pretty rare. To top it off, he also sits:

29th in 3pt - 45.5%
6th in Efficiency - 22.6
10th in FT% - 89.3%
I will take 13/6/4 this year with a view to improve to 16/8/6 next.
MrSparkle
RealGM
And1: 10,009

Post#173 » by MrSparkle » Fri Sep 13, 2019 3:34 pm

Man, is anybody else up for eating Felicio's salary and signing 40yo Scola? The dude looks more fit and healthy than he did 8 years ago. :noway:
MalagaBulls
Lead Assistant
And1: 1,896
Location: Malaga, Spain (Where the Sun shines 300 days a year))

Post#174 » by MalagaBulls » Fri Sep 13, 2019 3:36 pm

MrSparkle wrote:Man, is anybody else up for eating Felicio's salary and signing 40yo Scola? The dude looks more fit and healthy than he did 8 years ago. :noway:
I would do that. No way he cracks the 10 man rotation.
ZOMG
Lead Assistant
And1: 3,267

Post#175 » by ZOMG » Fri Sep 13, 2019 6:48 pm

MrSparkle wrote:Man, is anybody else up for eating Felicio's salary and signing 40yo Scola? The dude looks more fit and healthy than he did 8 years ago. :noway:

It's totally incredible that Scola started playing professional basketball in 1995. He was 15. Think about that for a second.

He must have one of the longest pro careers ever in any sport - if not THE longest. Still going.

I'm not sure Scola has ever been able to jump over a phonebook (which actually might have contributed to his ridiculous longevity), but he was always super smart and one of the most naturally talented low post players I ever saw.
transplant
RealGM

FIBA 2019 World Cup Bulls players Satoransky & Felicio performances 

Post#176 » by transplant » Fri Sep 13, 2019 6:58 pm

ZOMG wrote:

It's totally incredible that Scola started playing professional basketball in 1995. He was 15. Think about that for a second.

He must have one of the longest pro careers ever in any sport - if not THE longest. Still going.

I'm not sure Scola has ever been able to jump over a phonebook (which actually might have contributed to his ridiculous longevity), but he was always super smart and one of the most naturally talented low post players I ever saw.

The only name that comes to mind in professional team sports is George Blanda who played 26 years in the NFL, but he was strictly a kicker for a good part of that. Scola’s amazing.

Sent from my iPhone using RealGM mobile app

Axolotl
Starter
And1: 2,201

Post#177 » by Axolotl » Fri Sep 13, 2019 7:07 pm

ZOMG wrote:

He has also been with the national team since 1999...

Argentina played a very good game gainst France, effectively nullifying Fournier and De Colo with high level team defence.

During the tournament Facundo Campazzo has become a favourite of mine. The energy and effort combined with high level shooting and playmaking is just irresistible. The man is 5'11", and is there collecting rebounds from his own shots...

Spain - Australia was a great high intensity game, best game I've seen in this tournament. At some point Spain made the decision to not let Patty Mills get anything done, and that kind of deflated the whole Australian team's game.
From the basketball's perspective, travel is a nice pause from being pounded to the floor.
johnnyvann840
RealGM
And1: 18,703

Post#178 » by johnnyvann840 » Fri Sep 13, 2019 10:51 pm

transplant wrote:
ZOMG wrote:

The only name that comes to mind in professional team sports is George Blanda who played 26 years in the NFL, but he was strictly a kicker for a good part of that. Scola’s amazing.

Nolan Ryan played 27 years. Gordie Howe is another one and if you count his time in the other leagues as a pro I think he spanned over 3 decades.
I am more than just a serious basketball fan. I am a life-long addict. I was addicted from birth. - Hunter S. Thompson
Michael Jackson
Forum Mod - Bulls
Forum Mod - Bulls
And1: 10,135

Post#179 » by Michael Jackson » Sat Sep 14, 2019 12:40 am

johnnyvann840 wrote:
transplant wrote:
ZOMG wrote:

Nolan Ryan played 27 years. Gordie Howe is another one and if you count his time in the other leagues as a pro I think he spanned over 3 decades.

Minny Minoso and Jamoir Jagr come to mind. Vince Carter could edge up on this list more too.
Michael Jackson
Forum Mod - Bulls
Forum Mod - Bulls
And1: 10,135

Post#180 » by Michael Jackson » Sat Sep 14, 2019 12:43 am

George Forman also has to have a mention too.

Return to Chicago Bulls