Moderators: Chris Porter's Hair, floppymoose, Sleepy51

Scoots1994
Lead Assistant
And1: 1,023

Re: DLO trade thread 

Post#201 » by Scoots1994 » Sat Jul 27, 2019 4:33 am

Samurai wrote:
clyde21 wrote:
Samurai wrote:It is irrelevant. I personally think anyone who is being viewed as "untradeable" by the team without seeing him in an NBA game is overrated. But that is irrelevant as long as the team, for whatever reason, believes it. Overrated or not, if they wouldn't deal him for Westbrook, it is highly unlikely they would deal him for DLo. As I said, you'd not only have to have a very high regard for DLo, but must also believe Miami shares the same opinion, to think they would trade an untradeable asset for him. If you don't have a very high opinion of DLo it is illogical to believe that a team would trade an untradeable asset for him.

it's not irrelevant. you think this is fantasy, yet the guy above you wouldn't do it. which is it?

and this has nothing to do with my opinion of DLo. just because my opinion of Dlo is lower than most doens't mean that's true for the Heat's or other people (again, see post right above yours).

My opinion hasn't changed from what I stated in post #180.

But just because I wouldn't do the trade, that is irrelevant to the central point. If you are suggesting a trade involving someone that the other teams views as untradeable, then unless you have some additional info that Miami is so high on DLo that they would consider trading that untradeable asset for him, then yes - that would indeed be a fantasy.

Why even debate him? Has he ever learned from someone else here?
clyde21
RealGM
And1: 69,196

Post#202 » by clyde21 » Sat Jul 27, 2019 4:55 am

killmongrel wrote:Miami is such a weird team because they're still at least 2 significant players away from being a threat in the East. They have Butler, and then some young guys, but that's it. They need a pg. They want to get rid of Waiters. Bam still needs some development. If Herro is their sg of the future, he's a few years away. So I don't knew exactly if they want to compete now since they have Butler or develop. If it's the former, they can't. If it's the latter, why is Butler even on the team? What I'm hoping is that Miami realizes they gotta develop their core and get desperate and want to trade Butler. If that's the case, we got a shiney new DLO for them.

Steph/Evans
Klay/Poole
Butler/Paschall
Green/Spellman
Looney/Smailagic

we cant fit Butler moving forward, they'd want to pair Butler with another all-star in DLo in this case, hence the trade in the first place.

we send them DLo, Omari, Poole, Evans, and get back Herro, Winslow and Olynyk.

Steph
Klay / Herro
Winslow
Green / Paschall
Loon / Smiley

i would love this core moving forward

we'd also have Olynyk who would be signed for another year that we can trade/flip for another rotation wing.
clyde21
RealGM
And1: 69,196

Post#203 » by clyde21 » Tue Jul 30, 2019 4:13 pm

DLo/Evans/WCS for Gordon/Bamba.
iamworthy
RealGM
And1: 8,909

Post#204 » by iamworthy » Sat Aug 10, 2019 3:42 am

Read on Twitter
?s=21
Prokorov
RealGM
And1: 14,676

Post#205 » by Prokorov » Thu Aug 22, 2019 6:06 pm

Nets fan...

Not sure what DLo's future is with you, but he is a legit all-star, still has ceiling and will be a great teammate/fan favorite.

He grew so much, even from Feb through the end of the season. forget his efficiency, he was asked to shoulder the offense on a team that lost key players left and right. he played like a top 15 play december through the all-star break. He can get white-hot offensively. he is outstanding pick and roll and if he is hitting his floater/mid range he is a lock to drop 30 that night. underrated passer and defender (people trash his D, he was our best defensive player- granted thats not saying alot).

He was insanely clutch... not just last minute or two, but going HAM in 4th quarters to bring us back down 15 or 20 points. he had some mosnter 4th quarters. he can play 1 through 3 on both ends.

I think its an awesome fit with steph and Klay.

He also accepts his role. he sat when asked, he accepted being benched late in games when he was on fire but had a defensive lapse. kenny was super hard on him and he welcomed it. whatever the team needed.

you guys will love him if he suits up for you
Quazza
Head Coach
And1: 1,727

Post#206 » by Quazza » Thu Aug 22, 2019 10:16 pm

started following his IG as soon as the trade was announced. Definitely seems like he's been putting in work.

(actually quite surprised how lean Dray looks here)

KevinMcreynolds wrote:BIG DICK BOB DOIN WORK

KGdaBom wrote:You can go back and read every post I made. Never said one bad thing about one person until Coxy came up with his Vagiclean comment
Mylie10
RealGM
And1: 9,612

Post#207 » by Mylie10 » Thu Aug 22, 2019 10:41 pm

That's a darn big PG.

Also loving that Draymond is there with him. Hope to see some rookies rollin with Draymond as well.
Khoee wrote “
Mav_Carter wrote: my list doesn't matter...I'm pretty much wrong on everything...
cdubbz
RealGM
And1: 2,828

Post#208 » by cdubbz » Thu Aug 22, 2019 11:56 pm

Mylie10 wrote:That's a darn big PG.

Also loving that Draymond is there with him. Hope to see some rookies rollin with Draymond as well.

Who dlo?!

Now that I think about it....

Dlo is the player we wanted out of Larry Hughes!
Kuya wrote: a good agent collects all the data, including quotes to give them leverage in contract deals.
killmongrel
Veteran
And1: 1,291

Post#209 » by killmongrel » Thu Aug 22, 2019 11:59 pm

If here is one thing we don't have to worry about with DLO, it's his work ethic.

Where the hell are the pics that show Draymond with Omari Spellman? Hopefully we see some.
Samurai
General Manager
And1: 2,892

Post#210 » by Samurai » Fri Aug 23, 2019 2:42 am

killmongrel wrote:If here is one thing we don't have to worry about with DLO, it's his work ethic.

Where the hell are the pics that show Draymond with Omari Spellman? Hopefully we see some.

I'd also like to see pics showing Draymond with Steve Nash - that 29% shooting from deep just HAS to improve. And if Nash is going to give a shooting clinic, make sure Evans attends as well.

At least he is working with DLo:

https://www.nbcsports.com/bayarea/sites/csnbayarea/files/vbqbhzskbacxisgtntv9af2vjd8_iqfnz6kpmnu9g9s.jpg
SFrush
Sixth Man
And1: 778

Post#211 » by SFrush » Fri Aug 23, 2019 8:57 am

Some video of the workout.
ILOVEIT
RealGM
And1: 3,404

Post#212 » by ILOVEIT » Sun Aug 25, 2019 3:37 am

D-Lo...one way or another...will end up being translated into Anthony Davis or Giannis. I see it happening next summer when Lakers have just gone down in complete flames....or Giannis telegraphs that he won't be coming back to the Bucks.

Warriors are going to be very good (WCF to Championship level) WITH D-Lo....so I don't see Warriors moving him just to be marginally better or the same.
2021/22 - The return of the Ring.
azwfan
RealGM
And1: 3,745

Post#213 » by azwfan » Sun Aug 25, 2019 8:00 pm

ILOVEIT wrote:D-Lo...one way or another...will end up being translated into Anthony Davis or Giannis. I see it happening next summer when Lakers have just gone down in complete flames....or Giannis telegraphs that he won't be coming back to the Bucks.

Warriors are going to be very good (WCF to Championship level) WITH D-Lo....so I don't see Warriors moving him just to be marginally better or the same.

Not sure about Davis or Giannis specifically, but this is the way we should be looking.

Myers can work his butt off to turn the other 10 guys on the roster and any future draft picks into a decent starting SF and adequate bench. No need to make it easy on him by trading D'lo (or obviously Klay, Curry, Green).
LF75 wrote: It was a dumb idea..And yes I'm a dick.
Mylie10
RealGM
And1: 9,612

Post#214 » by Mylie10 » Mon Aug 26, 2019 12:20 am

Some wishful thinking around here, but ok
Khoee wrote “
Mav_Carter wrote: my list doesn't matter...I'm pretty much wrong on everything...
Scoots1994
Lead Assistant

Post#215 » by Scoots1994 » Mon Aug 26, 2019 1:54 am

Mylie10 wrote:Some wishful thinking around here, but ok

You know Myers is looking at every possible way to get Giannis. Doesn't mean he'll do it, but he's looking no doubt.
cdubbz
RealGM
And1: 2,828

Post#216 » by cdubbz » Fri Sep 13, 2019 11:00 pm

I’m actually really excited to see D Lo with the dubs!
Kuya wrote: a good agent collects all the data, including quotes to give them leverage in contract deals.
likemycurryhot
Senior
And1: 688

Post#217 » by likemycurryhot » Fri Sep 13, 2019 11:13 pm

cdubbz wrote:I’m actually really excited to see D Lo with the dubs!

Yep. Let's see what we have before trying to give it away.
KevinMcreynolds
RealGM
And1: 3,337

Post#218 » by KevinMcreynolds » Fri Sep 13, 2019 11:42 pm

cdubbz wrote:I’m actually really excited to see D Lo with the dubs!

floppymoose wrote:Too much Vlad. Sixers can't handle it. Solid gold.

"I'm a big proponent of footwork. Believe me." ~Jim Barnett
Quazza
Head Coach
And1: 1,727

Post#219 » by Quazza » Sat Sep 14, 2019 5:21 am

Watching him to pick and roll after pick and roll with Draymond at practise has me excited
KevinMcreynolds wrote:BIG DICK BOB DOIN WORK

KGdaBom wrote:You can go back and read every post I made. Never said one bad thing about one person until Coxy came up with his Vagiclean comment
Scoots1994
Lead Assistant

Post#220 » by Scoots1994 » Tue Sep 17, 2019 5:30 pm

Quazza wrote:Watching him to pick and roll after pick and roll with Draymond at practise has me excited

Kerr's going to keep the pick and roll numbers down. He doesn't like it.

Return to Golden State Warriors