OKC - MIN: Bad stuff + 2 1sts for Paul, Gallo, and Noel

Moderators: Andre Roberstan, HartfordWhalers, BullyKing, Texas Chuck, MoneyTalks41890, Mamba4Goat, pacers33granger, Trader_Joe, loserX

basketballwacko2
RealGM
And1: 3,934

Re: OKC - MIN: Bad stuff + 2 1sts for Paul, Gallo, and Noel 

Post#21 » by basketballwacko2 » Wed Sep 11, 2019 4:56 am

babyjax13 wrote:
basketballwacko2 wrote:My problem with Wiggins is that he thinks he's a star and he is paid like one but he's not a good player.

Well, if that weren't the case, this wouldn't be on the table.

What I'm saying is he's not even a good player.
azwfan
RealGM
And1: 3,745

Post#22 » by azwfan » Wed Sep 11, 2019 5:14 am

Not saying the value isn't good, it just doesn't seem to make sense to Minnesota IMO. Perhaps if the 1sts were taken out... but then OKC wouldn't be interested. I think these two teams are looking for the same thing. Young talent.
LF75 wrote: It was a dumb idea..And yes I'm a dick.
babyjax13
RealGM
And1: 14,285

Post#23 » by babyjax13 » Wed Sep 11, 2019 2:54 pm

basketballwacko2 wrote:
babyjax13 wrote:
basketballwacko2 wrote:My problem with Wiggins is that he thinks he's a star and he is paid like one but he's not a good player.

Well, if that weren't the case, this wouldn't be on the table.

Exactly. If he were a good player, why in the world would Minnesota trade him for Paul? And if you are OKC sinking a bunch of money into a bad contract, wouldn't you at least want it to be someone who *could* be a part of your future?

JazzMatt13 wrote:just because I think aliens probably have to do with JFK, doesn't mean my theory that Jazz will never get Wiggins, isn't true.

JColl
MoneyTalks41890
Forum Mod
Forum Mod
And1: 21,076

Post#24 » by MoneyTalks41890 » Wed Sep 11, 2019 3:04 pm

babyjax13 wrote:
basketballwacko2 wrote:
babyjax13 wrote:Well, if that weren't the case, this wouldn't be on the table.

Exactly. If he were a good player, why in the world would Minnesota trade him for Paul? And if you are OKC sinking a bunch of money into a bad contract, wouldn't you at least want it to be someone who *could* be a part of your future?

You have to remember that Sam Presti sticks to his draft day evals irrespective of what has happened with the player since they entered the league, with Dion and Schroder being the most notable examples. So I wouldn't be shocked if Presti saw positive value in Wiggins, to my dismay.
basketballwacko2
RealGM

Post#25 » by basketballwacko2 » Thu Sep 12, 2019 1:08 am

babyjax13 wrote:
basketballwacko2 wrote:
babyjax13 wrote:Well, if that weren't the case, this wouldn't be on the table.

If he was a good player he'd still be paid like a star but there are a lot of good players not a lot of star players. Basically I'm saying that there is a step down from star player to good player but not a star, and Wiggins is not even at that 2nd tier.
babyjax13
RealGM

Post#26 » by babyjax13 » Thu Sep 12, 2019 3:11 am

basketballwacko2 wrote:
babyjax13 wrote:
basketballwacko2 wrote:What I'm saying is he's not even a good player.

If he was a good player he'd still be paid like a star but there are a lot of good players not a lot of star players. Basically I'm saying that there is a step down from star player to good player but not a star, and Wiggins is not even at that 2nd tier.

Again, if he were a good player, Minnesota would immediately hang up the phone on any trade centered around Paul/Wiggins. At the very least, they might think about it (but for all the reasons mentioned in this thread, maybe not even then). I'm not trying to argue that Wiggins is a good player *at all,* I'd be an idiot to do that, but he at least has the physical tools you are looking for and some skill. I'm not confident anyone can help him put it all together - much less Billy Donovan - but it seems more likely that he improves and remains part of OKC's core moving forward than Paul continues to be their starting point guard for the next three seasons.

JazzMatt13 wrote:just because I think aliens probably have to do with JFK, doesn't mean my theory that Jazz will never get Wiggins, isn't true.

JColl
basketballwacko2
RealGM

Post#27 » by basketballwacko2 » Thu Sep 12, 2019 5:30 am

babyjax13 wrote:
basketballwacko2 wrote:
babyjax13 wrote:Exactly. If he were a good player, why in the world would Minnesota trade him for Paul? And if you are OKC sinking a bunch of money into a bad contract, wouldn't you at least want it to be someone who *could* be a part of your future?

Again, if he were a good player, Minnesota would immediately hang up the phone on any trade centered around Paul/Wiggins. At the very least, they might think about it (but for all the reasons mentioned in this thread, maybe not even then). I'm not trying to argue that Wiggins is a good player *at all,* I'd be an idiot to do that, but he at least has the physical tools you are looking for and some skill. I'm not confident anyone can help him put it all together - much less Billy Donovan - but it seems more likely that he improves and remains part of OKC's core moving forward than Paul continues to be their starting point guard for the next three seasons.

Somehow you still are missing my point. It's not about if Minn hangs up the phone it's about a guy who thinks he's a star player and paid like one who isn't even a slightly better than average player. I'd think Wiggins was over paid if he was making $10 million less than he is.

I don't care about the trade.
babyjax13
RealGM

Post#28 » by babyjax13 » Thu Sep 12, 2019 10:45 pm

basketballwacko2 wrote:
babyjax13 wrote:
basketballwacko2 wrote:

Somehow you still are missing my point. It's not about if Minn hangs up the phone it's about a guy who thinks he's a star player and paid like one who isn't even a slightly better than average player. I'd think Wiggins was over paid if he was making $10 million less than he is.

If you don't care about the trade I don't see why you are commenting. Everyone knows Wiggins sucks, that's the entire premise.

JColl
basketballwacko2
RealGM

Post#29 » by basketballwacko2 » Sat Sep 14, 2019 2:03 am

babyjax13 wrote:
basketballwacko2 wrote:
babyjax13 wrote:

If you don't care about the trade I don't see why you are commenting. Everyone knows Wiggins sucks, that's the entire premise.

I have no stake in the trade, not advocating for it or against it.

Return to Trades and Transactions