ImageImageImageImageImage

2019 Off-Season: Draft, Trades, and FA Ideas Thread

Moderators: 7 Footer, Duffman100, HiJiNX, niQ, Morris_Shatford, DG88, Reeko, lebron stopper

OAKLEY_2
RealGM
And1: 8,835

Re: 2019 Off-Season: Draft, Trades, and FA Ideas Thread 

Post#1741 » by OAKLEY_2 » Sat Sep 14, 2019 10:13 am

Young with defence is the Masai player profile.
CoachJReturns
RealGM
And1: 10,535

Post#1742 » by CoachJReturns » Sat Sep 14, 2019 5:11 pm

I keep finding the same suggestion from poor sites of a Lowry for Wiggins and a pick trade. Meh. I want picks for Lowry but that contract...Yuk.
HeadtopChunes
Head Coach
And1: 10,224

Post#1743 » by HeadtopChunes » Mon Sep 16, 2019 7:32 pm

well i was wrong about that

Read on Twitter
?s=20
TheAlchemist
General Manager
And1: 8,228

Post#1744 » by TheAlchemist » Tue Sep 17, 2019 11:30 am

HeadtopChunes wrote:well i was wrong about that

Read on Twitter
?s=20

Him and Simmons briefly went over our team and both agreed we might surprise a lot of people.

That being said, they also agreed, including Simmons who's literally more and more obsessed with the celts, that winning the ring has made Lowry a winner ala Chauncey.

Lowe said he's heard preliminary rumblings that one of the sides wants to get a deal done again (I'm most likely believing its Lowry not Masai).

Anyways, Lowe also said that Lowry has value, and if you change a DJ Augustine into a Lowry, that team becomes very interesting.

I agree, and I think Fultz might be part of a deal coming back for sure.
TheAlchemist
General Manager
And1: 8,228

Post#1745 » by TheAlchemist » Tue Sep 17, 2019 12:03 pm

Been thinking about who can be the next star small forward in the league who we can get,

And honestly if he develops a bit more Aaron Gordon is the guy I'd be really interested in.

I plugged in a trade for Aaron Gordon, Markelle Fultz and filler, for Lowry and OG, and it all checks out.

Wonder if Orlando would do it, but I think it's a great great trade for us.

Having Siakim and Gordon running the court together would be deadly.

Fultz would be a reclamation project that we'd really see where it's going though.

I also like this for Orlando cause you got more of a fit on their team.

Lowry
Fournier / Ross
OG
Aminu/Isaac
Vuc

For us, we'd become really interesting I'd say;

Fred
Powell
Gordon
Pascal
Gasol
HeadtopChunes
Head Coach

Post#1746 » by HeadtopChunes » Tue Sep 17, 2019 6:15 pm

I wonder if we can steal Oladipo from Indiana in 2021 provided we have the cap space
Rapsfan07
RealGM
And1: 5,413

Post#1747 » by Rapsfan07 » Wed Sep 18, 2019 1:58 pm

I wonder if the Thunder would be willing to do a Ibaka for Gallo swap.

I love Ibaka... I thought he rejuvenated his career and overall trade value with his performance last season, especially in the playoffs. Gallo is oft injured and expiring this year as well, same as Ibaka.

Lowry, Powell, Gallo, SIakam, Gasol is still a top 4 seed in the East this year. Plus we still have FVV, OG, RHJ and the rest on our bench

Granted this deal doesn't do much for our future but unless there's someone out there willing to give young players and/or picks for our expiring vets, these kinds of deals are likely as good as its going to get.

Maybe something like Ibaka + McCaw/S. Johnson for Gallo + Noel?

Lowry/Powell/Gallo/Siakam/Gasol
FVV/McCaw/OG/RHJ/Noel
Raptorfan2012
Head Coach
And1: 4,224

Post#1748 » by Raptorfan2012 » Wed Sep 18, 2019 2:27 pm

Rapsfan07 wrote:I wonder if the Thunder would be willing to do a Ibaka for Gallo swap.

I love Ibaka... I thought he rejuvenated his career and overall trade value with his performance last season, especially in the playoffs. Gallo is oft injured and expiring this year as well, same as Ibaka.

Lowry, Powell, Gallo, SIakam, Gasol is still a top 4 seed in the East this year. Plus we still have FVV, OG, RHJ and the rest on our bench

Granted this deal doesn't do much for our future but unless there's someone out there willing to give young players and/or picks for our expiring vets, these kinds of deals are likely as good as its going to get.

FVV/McCaw/OG/RHJ/Noel

I would do it. Marc is more important to us than Ibaka. I think Gallo would have been a potential FA target next summer anyways, so why not get him early.
isyed
Starter
And1: 313

Post#1749 » by isyed » Wed Sep 18, 2019 3:35 pm

I'd prefer they buy Gallo out and let him sign with us mid season. Gives us shooting and scorer. Preferably by January so we have enough time to integrate him.
Raptorfan2012 wrote:
Rapsfan07 wrote:I wonder if the Thunder would be willing to do a Ibaka for Gallo swap.

FVV/McCaw/OG/RHJ/Noel

I would do it. Marc is more important to us than Ibaka. I think Gallo would have been a potential FA target next summer anyways, so why not get him early.

Sent from my SM-G950W using RealGM mobile app
Raptorfan2012
Head Coach
And1: 4,224

Post#1750 » by Raptorfan2012 » Wed Sep 18, 2019 3:39 pm

isyed wrote:I'd prefer they buy Gallo out and let him sign with us mid season. Gives us shooting and scorer. Preferably by January so we have enough time to integrate him.
Raptorfan2012 wrote:

FVV/McCaw/OG/RHJ/Noel

No guarantee OKC will buy out Gallo, but if they do then I think Raptors havs a good chance to pick him up (with Gallo having ties to Masai back in Denver, plus we could use more shooting at the forward spot).
TheBoi10
General Manager
And1: 11,891

Post#1751 » by TheBoi10 » Wed Sep 18, 2019 4:14 pm

HeadtopChunes wrote:I wonder if we can steal Oladipo from Indiana in 2021 provided we have the cap space

We don't even know if he's still good. The leg injury might've ruined him even then he only had 1 elite season in 17-18.
HeadtopChunes
Head Coach

Post#1752 » by HeadtopChunes » Wed Sep 18, 2019 4:23 pm

TheBoi10 wrote:
HeadtopChunes wrote:I wonder if we can steal Oladipo from Indiana in 2021 provided we have the cap space

We don't even know if he's still good. The leg injury might've ruined him even then he only had 1 elite season in 17-18.

Well we have 2 seasons to find out :D
Rapsfan07
RealGM

Post#1753 » by Rapsfan07 » Wed Sep 18, 2019 4:36 pm

isyed wrote:I'd prefer they buy Gallo out and let him sign with us mid season. Gives us shooting and scorer. Preferably by January so we have enough time to integrate him.
Raptorfan2012 wrote:

FVV/McCaw/OG/RHJ/Noel

Yeah I don't think that's going to happen.

If I'm OKC, why buy him out before I've explored what I can get for him on the open market? Surely Ibaka is more valuable than absolutely nothing.

Secondly, if I'm Gallo being bought out from the Thunder, I'd rather go to a contender. Why would I come to the Raptors? I guess an argument could be made that he'd be playing a huge part on a playoff team but its not like he NEEDS the exposure. Everyone knows what a healthy Gallo can do and he's a SF that can shoot. There will always be a market for that.
HeadtopChunes
Head Coach

Post#1754 » by HeadtopChunes » Wed Sep 18, 2019 5:22 pm

Rapsfan07 wrote:
Raptorfan2012 wrote:

If I'm OKC, why buy him out before I've explored what I can get for him on the open market? Surely Ibaka is more valuable than absolutely nothing.

Secondly, if I'm Gallo being bought out from the Thunder, I'd rather go to a contender. Why would I come to the Raptors? I guess an argument could be made that he'd be playing a huge part on a playoff team but its not like he NEEDS the exposure. Everyone knows what a healthy Gallo can do and he's a SF that can shoot. There will always be a market for that.

I dont think hes talking about a buyout, Gallo is a free agent this upcoming summer
Rapsfan07
RealGM

Post#1755 » by Rapsfan07 » Wed Sep 18, 2019 7:13 pm

HeadtopChunes wrote:
Rapsfan07 wrote:

I dont think hes talking about a buyout, Gallo is a free agent this upcoming summer

He clearly said a mid-season buyout.
HeadtopChunes
Head Coach

Post#1756 » by HeadtopChunes » Wed Sep 18, 2019 7:18 pm

Rapsfan07 wrote:
HeadtopChunes wrote:
Rapsfan07 wrote:

He clearly said a mid-season buyout.

your right my bad
Asif16
RealGM
And1: 27,437

Post#1757 » by Asif16 » Wed Sep 18, 2019 8:03 pm

Which potential All-Stars might become available at the Trade-deadline?

I heard someone on twitter say that if the Spurs fall behind before the All-Star Break....Demar might actually become available.

Not that I'm saying that we should get him. Just an example
HeadtopChunes
Head Coach

Post#1758 » by HeadtopChunes » Wed Sep 18, 2019 10:35 pm

Asif16 wrote:Which potential All-Stars might become available at the Trade-deadline?

I heard someone on twitter say that if the Spurs fall behind before the All-Star Break....Demar might actually become available.

Beal is one, Westbrook if his Houston pairing doesn’t work, Blake if the pistons suck also Drummond,Dlo if he doesn’t fit, Kevin Love probably

Those are the only ones that come to mind rn
LBJKB24MJ23
RealGM
And1: 21,148

Post#1759 » by LBJKB24MJ23 » Thu Sep 19, 2019 8:27 am

HeadtopChunes wrote:
Asif16 wrote:Which potential All-Stars might become available at the Trade-deadline?

Beal is one, Westbrook if his Houston pairing doesn’t work, Blake if the pistons suck also Drummond,Dlo if he doesn’t fit, Kevin Love probably

Beal
Westbrook or/and Capela?
Griffin
Love
Conley?

non all stars but might peak interest:

Aaron Gordon/ Fultz?
Wiggins
Harrison Barnes
James Johnson
Chandler Parsons
Gorgui Dieng
Solomon Hill
Reggie Jackson
Otto Porter

this offseason sucks - so a trade might be even more realisitic for Masai to make a splash.

Or give all the current players 1 year contract to bridge to 2021. I don't see him busting out LT term contracts + taking on LT contracts this year unless that player is an >= allstar level player
raf1995 wrote:I just don’t think he has that kind of potential. I think we will regret not trading him for a haul in a few years when he’s a mid-tier starter with nice playmaking and defense and a shaky jumper.
Rapsfan07
RealGM

Post#1760 » by Rapsfan07 » Thu Sep 19, 2019 3:32 pm

LBJKB24MJ23 wrote:
HeadtopChunes wrote:

Beal
Westbrook or/and Capela?
Griffin
Love
Conley?

non all stars but might peak interest:

Aaron Gordon/ Fultz?
Wiggins
Harrison Barnes
James Johnson
Chandler Parsons
Gorgui Dieng
Solomon Hill
Reggie Jackson
Otto Porter

this offseason sucks - so a trade might be even more realisitic for Masai to make a splash.

Or give all the current players 1 year contract to bridge to 2021. I don't see him busting out LT term contracts + taking on LT contracts this year unless that player is an >= allstar level player

Yeah the thing is - I don't think we have the value right now to acquire an all-star without
a) moving some combination of Siakam, OG and future picks
b) some all-star dropping so far in value that someone is going to undersell them.

I imagine Love will be the first on the block... Cavs are likely a lotto team this year and have nothing to gain by hanging on to an aging Love. May as well move him for whatever you can get right now.

We simply can't afford Westbrook and/or Capela.

Wouldn't mind Griffin in a vacuum but that contact is long, expensive, he's pretty oft injured and not good enough to be the main guy on a championship team. Even if we was, we'd have to move a lot of depth in order to facilitate a deal.

Would absolutely love Beal but it isn't happening without Siakim and its kinda pointless if we have to give him up to get Beal.

No point to Conley. Him and Lowry are approximately the same age and we don't gain anything by replacing one with the other.

I wouldn't mind Barnes though. Not an all-star but a kind of do it all SF. Shoots, rebounds, average defensively, locked up long-term and he's not old either. I don't know if the Kings would move him or what it would cost but I wouldn't be against getting him if we could get him on the cheap.

One guy who could be available too is Jrue Holiday. If I'm the Pels, I'd cash in on him while he still has value. They're going young anyway, might as well move Holiday for top dollar. I would absolutely love him on this team.

Return to Toronto Raptors