ImageImageImageImageImage

Just for fun, checked out all the draft picks that came after Jacob Evans.

Moderators: Chris Porter's Hair, floppymoose, Sleepy51

killmongrel
Veteran
And1: 1,291

Just for fun, checked out all the draft picks that came after Jacob Evans. 

Post#1 » by killmongrel » Tue Aug 27, 2019 10:45 pm

And the only names I saw that really stood out were:

- Omari Spellman
- Jalen Brunson
- Mitchell Robinson

I mean, I guess we can't really get too mad about the FO's decision. But he still better become a solid rotational player for them to basically punt a year of his services. They knew he was injured and still drafted him. Let's see if they knew something.

But damn at Mitchell Robinson. Warriors weren't looking to draft a center though unfortunately.
azwfan
RealGM
And1: 3,743

Re: Just for fun, checked out all the draft picks that came after Jacob Evans. 

Post#2 » by azwfan » Wed Aug 28, 2019 12:43 am

I think BKN is high on Kurucs.

I know many in here were really hoping we'd take Bates-Diop... not sure how he has looked in Minnesota. I didn't see him enough to develop much of an opinion.

I remember being interested in Svi. I haven't seen anything to indicate he would be any better than Evans - but i haven't seen anything from Evans that makes me happy he's the guy we got.
LF75 wrote: It was a dumb idea..And yes I'm a dick.
killmongrel
Veteran
And1: 1,291

Post#3 » by killmongrel » Wed Aug 28, 2019 12:55 am

azwfan wrote:I think BKN is high on Kurucs.

I know many in here were really hoping we'd take Bates-Diop... not sure how he has looked in Minnesota. I didn't see him enough to develop much of an opinion.

I remember being interested in Svi. I haven't seen anything to indicate he would be any better than Evans - but i haven't seen anything from Evans that makes me happy he's the guy we got.

The name I was seeing the most was Melvin Frazier. And he hasn't done much either. Jalen Brunson isn't really a loss. We got Omari, but we don't know what he is. Svi has pretty much been just trade fodder. KBD hasn't really shown much either. So really the only name I like is Robinson. I think he's still a few years away from being a legit starter though.

Is Kurucs going to be the starter in BKN considering they don't really have a power forward other than KD when he returns or Prince? If Evans impresses when he gets his minutes, then I'll forgive the FO's shenanigans.
azwfan
RealGM
And1: 3,743

Post#4 » by azwfan » Wed Aug 28, 2019 1:09 am

killmongrel wrote:

The name I was seeing the most was Melvin Frazier. And he hasn't done much either. Jalen Brunson isn't really a loss. We got Omari, but we don't know what he is. Svi has pretty much been just trade fodder. KBD hasn't really shown much either. So really the only name I like is Robinson. I think he's still a few years away from being a legit starter though.

Is Kurucs going to be the starter in BKN considering they don't really have a power forward other than KD when he returns or Prince? If Evans impresses when he gets his minutes, then I'll forgive the FO's shenanigans.

Apparently we have signed Andrew Harrison to a training camp deal. Another non-wing.
Unforgivable.
LF75 wrote: It was a dumb idea..And yes I'm a dick.
Coxy
RealGM
And1: 14,656

Post#5 » by Coxy » Wed Aug 28, 2019 8:46 am

We may as well have drafted a packet of Maltesers instead of Evans.
Scoots1994
Lead Assistant
And1: 1,023

Post#6 » by Scoots1994 » Wed Aug 28, 2019 2:29 pm

Coxy wrote:We may as well have drafted a packet of Maltesers instead of Evans.

Still too early to say.
shazam_guy
Lead Assistant
And1: 1,136

Post#7 » by shazam_guy » Sat Sep 14, 2019 9:01 pm

How dare you interfere with the hot takes? How dare you, sir?
xdrta+
General Manager
And1: 7,239

Post#8 » by xdrta+ » Sun Sep 15, 2019 4:05 pm

azwfan wrote:
killmongrel wrote:

Apparently we have signed Andrew Harrison to a training camp deal. Another non-wing.
Unforgivable.

They need bodies for camp, there's no room on the roster. They signed Toscano-Anderson too and have one opening left. These guys are playing for a spot in Santa Cruz or hoping another team sees them.
floppymoose
Senior Mod - Warriors
Senior Mod - Warriors
And1: 15,788

Post#9 » by floppymoose » Sun Sep 15, 2019 8:20 pm

I didnt pay attention to players before the draft so i didnt know about any of these guys, but after summer league Mitchell was my guy. I even drafted him in a deep fantasy league. Worked out well for me.

Return to Golden State Warriors