Image ImageImage Image

OT: Bears 2018 & 2019 Regular Season Thread

Moderators: HomoSapien, Ice Man, dougthonus, Tommy Udo 6 , DASMACKDOWN, GimmeDat, Payt10, RedBulls23, coldfish, fleet, AshyLarrysDiaper, kulaz3000, Michael Jackson

AKfanatic
RealGM
And1: 10,068

Re: OT: Bears 2018 & 2019 Regular Season Thread 

Post#1221 » by AKfanatic » Mon Sep 9, 2019 5:45 am

Dominater wrote:
RedBulls23 wrote:
AKfanatic wrote:^
As a Chiefs fan, I don’t like your alternate reality at all.

After an old Montana, an Elvis Grbac, Steve Deberg, Steve Bono, Matt Cassell... it’s nice to have a stud QB on a franchise that still reminisces of Len Dawson.

Don’t get me wrong, Rich Gannon, Trent Green, and Alex Smith had some fun seasons... but the Chiefs have been desperate for a QB for as long as I’ve been a fan. It’s nice to finally have one.

Haha, bears haven't even come close to having a QB as good as these guys. Not since Sid Luckman.

Haha. Yea thats the sad thing about us peasant Bear fans. We would kill for an Alex Smith right now. And with KC version Trent green, Bears would be going to the Superbowl. Those chiefs teams with green under center were elite offenses. Problem is kind like right now, their defense sucks. I remember watching thstz chiefs/colts playoff game that featured zero punts!

Much of the Chiefs playoff failures had less to do with their D and more to do with coaching playing “safe” and getting away from what brought them success. From Schottenheimer, Vermeil, all the way to Reid a couple years ago. The Chiefs would turn to almost a pure run offense, wasting some good talent, and a prevent D which inevitably led to losses. Really was hard to watch.

Any way, as for the Bears.... I don’t view Mitch as a top line QB. But if he can manage a game smartly and the coaches play to his strengths...as well as use their playmakers, of which the Bears have some damn good ones, I still believe the Bears could come out the NFC. That D is just stacked. They need to put the D in position to win. Run an offense that’s built more to use some clock to give the D a breather and go big only when the opposition gets caught slipping.
jacoby1us
General Manager
And1: 1,610

Post#1222 » by jacoby1us » Mon Sep 9, 2019 5:14 pm

Hmm, if people was open-minded they should of drafted Deshaun Watson. Mitch Trubisky is Rex Grossman 2.0. We are wasting another solid defensive year.
#TREADMILLCLUBFAN
bledredwine
RealGM
And1: 3,883

Post#1223 » by bledredwine » Mon Sep 9, 2019 5:46 pm

I like it in football when the team hits the ball through the poles and gets extra points for it, and then celebrates, especially during the final quarter (is it 3rd or 4th? I don't know. 3rd period?)... You know? That's always exciting.

That's all I have to contribute to this thread.
Michael Jackson
Forum Mod - Bulls
Forum Mod - Bulls
And1: 10,386

Post#1224 » by Michael Jackson » Sat Sep 14, 2019 12:44 am

jacoby1us wrote:Hmm, if people was open-minded they should of drafted Deshaun Watson. Mitch Trubisky is Rex Grossman 2.0. We are wasting another solid defensive year.

Agree.
Michael Jackson
Forum Mod - Bulls
Forum Mod - Bulls

Post#1225 » by Michael Jackson » Sun Sep 15, 2019 10:18 pm

That Garrett Bolles #72 on Denver is the worst lineman I have seen. Obviously he is intimidated by Mack but he looks dumb shaking his head every single time. Holy cow.
dougthonus
Senior Mod - Bulls
Senior Mod - Bulls
And1: 15,743

Post#1226 » by dougthonus » Sun Sep 15, 2019 10:27 pm

Michael Jackson wrote:That Garrett Bolles #72 on Denver is the worst lineman I have seen. Obviously he is intimidated by Mack but he looks dumb shaking his head every single time. Holy cow.

The headshaking is irrelevant, it's the announcers just making fun of someone for entertainment value.

If you're getting beat all the time and are holding and get called for it then even if you know you're guilty, a head shake is a pretty normal response any human would have. The guy is obviously completely overmatched in this match up, the Denver O-Line coach repeatedly putting him in position to fail by having him take on Mack solo is the problem at this point.
http://linktr.ee/bullsbeat - links to the bullsbeat podcast
@doug_thonus on twitter
RedBulls23
Forum Mod - Bulls
Forum Mod - Bulls
And1: 21,232

Post#1227 » by RedBulls23 » Sun Sep 15, 2019 10:28 pm

Bears winning with a elite defense, and running the ball for the past 100 years.
My Tweets:@Salim_BGhoops
dougthonus
Senior Mod - Bulls
Senior Mod - Bulls

Post#1228 » by dougthonus » Sun Sep 15, 2019 11:06 pm

RedBulls23 wrote:Bears winning with a elite defense, and running the ball for the past 100 years.

Not a strategy which fits well with present rules/direction of the league. That said, it's probably the best strategy you can have if you don't have a franchise QB, which looks to be the case presently (and more or less for the entire franchise history).
@doug_thonus on twitter
bearadonisdna
RealGM
And1: 5,394

Post#1229 » by bearadonisdna » Sun Sep 15, 2019 11:19 pm

Lol, it’s almost I’d rather see the defense out there finishing the game than the offense.
Ouch anemic is probably adjective most fitting besides the run game on the 1 td drive.

In a way that drive felt like frustrations boiling over. Usually I’ve been a big believer in Mitch and I think it he will get into rhythm as season goes on, but it’s becoming clear he isn’t an under center quarterback.

Gotta admit Nagy is handcuffed a lot by that. Mitch was a probowl qb when in year 2. It wasn’t like jay who preceded the bears with his probowl appearance.
dougthonus
Senior Mod - Bulls
Senior Mod - Bulls

Post#1230 » by dougthonus » Sun Sep 15, 2019 11:35 pm

Big win for the Bears. Even though you can't feel anything good happened (outside of the kicker) to luck into this victory, in the end, all that matters is the totals. If the Bears can right themselves in the coming weeks and come together as a team then getting this win makes a big impact towards the end of the year record.
@doug_thonus on twitter
MeloRoseNoah
Starter
And1: 1,410

Post#1231 » by MeloRoseNoah » Sun Sep 15, 2019 11:39 pm

Big W against a stout defense in Denver. I don't care what anyone says about the Broncos. Winning in Denver is never easy. This game should cut off all conditioning rust from our players. After a game like this in high altitude with excess heat, our players hemoglobin levels are in playoff mode. The offense def needs more work for sure.

Pineiro could possibly be our next Robbie Gould.
bearadonisdna
RealGM

Post#1232 » by bearadonisdna » Sun Sep 15, 2019 11:39 pm

dougthonus wrote:Big win for the Bears. Even though you can't feel anything good happened (outside of the kicker) to luck into this victory, in the end, all that matters is the totals. If the Bears can right themselves in the coming weeks and come together as a team then getting this win makes a big impact towards the end of the year record.

Ppl act like starting 0-2 is a death sentence. The stats say it is but it’s really is only half of the 1st quarter of the season.

Mitch was clutch. Huge play by him and pineiro.
Also gotta say the carousel at rb is kind of annoying.

Mike Davis seems like a good short yardage back. Montgomery the jet sweep guy, but Cohen is really the star . To the tune where he phased out Jordan Howard.
MalagaBulls
Lead Assistant
And1: 1,947
Location: Malaga, Spain (Where the Sun shines 300 days a year))

Post#1233 » by MalagaBulls » Sun Sep 15, 2019 11:41 pm

dougthonus wrote:Big win for the Bears. Even though you can't feel anything good happened (outside of the kicker) to luck into this victory, in the end, all that matters is the totals. If the Bears can right themselves in the coming weeks and come together as a team then getting this win makes a big impact towards the end of the year record.
Yeah, I want to take away that Mitch moved the ball into gane winning FG and just hope that wakes him up going forward.
bearadonisdna
RealGM

Post#1234 » by bearadonisdna » Sun Sep 15, 2019 11:49 pm

MalagaBulls wrote:
Yeah, I want to take away that Mitch moved the ball into gane winning FG and just hope that wakes him up going forward.

The broncos got the most inopportune personal foul. Thank goodness but guys need to stop driving qbs. Easier said than done, Mitch is probably a load.
Michael Jackson
Forum Mod - Bulls
Forum Mod - Bulls

Post#1235 » by Michael Jackson » Sun Sep 15, 2019 11:56 pm

dougthonus wrote:
Michael Jackson wrote:That Garrett Bolles #72 on Denver is the worst lineman I have seen. Obviously he is intimidated by Mack but he looks dumb shaking his head every single time. Holy cow.

The headshaking is irrelevant, it's the announcers just making fun of someone for entertainment value.

If you're getting beat all the time and are holding and get called for it then even if you know you're guilty, a head shake is a pretty normal response any human would have. The guy is obviously completely overmatched in this match up, the Denver O-Line coach repeatedly putting him in position to fail by having him take on Mack solo is the problem at this point.

To me the head shake was annoying. He was not taking ownership of his failure he was like oh why did I get called for that. Yes he was over matched no doubt and scared to death. His body language annoyed me. I rarely listen to commentary and while what you say is true they do that for sure it’s their job but that isn’t what brought it to my attention. It was that befuddled Greg Ostertag face he was making.
RedBulls23
Forum Mod - Bulls
Forum Mod - Bulls
And1: 21,232

Post#1236 » by RedBulls23 » Sun Sep 15, 2019 11:58 pm

dougthonus wrote:
RedBulls23 wrote:Bears winning with a elite defense, and running the ball for the past 100 years.

Not a strategy which fits well with present rules/direction of the league. That said, it's probably the best strategy you can have if you don't have a franchise QB, which looks to be the case presently (and more or less for the entire franchise history).

Correct, I was just making a joke
My Tweets:@Salim_BGhoops
Michael Jackson
Forum Mod - Bulls
Forum Mod - Bulls

Post#1237 » by Michael Jackson » Mon Sep 16, 2019 12:00 am

bearadonisdna wrote:

Ppl act like starting 0-2 is a death sentence. The stats say it is but it’s really is only half of the 1st quarter of the season.

Lovie Smith is that you?
nomorezorro
RealGM
And1: 8,886

Post#1238 » by nomorezorro » Mon Sep 16, 2019 12:57 am

this is basically turning into an orton season...not great
WookieOnRitalin wrote:Game 1. It's where the series is truly 0-0.
bearadonisdna
RealGM

Post#1239 » by bearadonisdna » Mon Sep 16, 2019 1:16 am

We must be in the golden age of quarterbacks.

Last year 24 qbs had a passer rating of 90 or higher.
Then Matt Stafford, Andy dalton, Alex Smith, joe Flacco, Kase keenun , Blake bortles round out the top 30.
It’s like you need to be a bottom 5 team to not have a starqb. Unless a 90 passer rating isn’t valued much anymore.
fleet
Senior Mod - Bulls
Senior Mod - Bulls
And1: 32,388

Post#1240 » by fleet » Mon Sep 16, 2019 2:33 am

nomorezorro wrote:this is basically turning into an orton season...not great

Since Mitch came back from injury, the Bears have averaged 11ppg..

One thing you'll need with Kyle Orton or Rex Grossman is a running game. But as the post game guys were saying, the Bears arent built like that with run block personnel. They have to have a functioning play action game off the RPO, and the QB is thus far unable to execute. And cannot stretch defenses out of the box. Mitch can't even run because defenses are sealing him into the pocket
Brad Biggs wrote:Fields was in the bottom third of the league in too many key statistical metrics for the Bears to commit to the idea of trading down from the first pick for a bundle of future assets and then building around him.

Return to Chicago Bulls