ImageImageImageImageImage

Post Malone - Hollywood's Bleeding

Moderators: 7 Footer, Duffman100, HiJiNX, niQ, Morris_Shatford, DG88, Reeko, lebron stopper

RoLo
Senior
And1: 1,252

Re: Post Malone - Hollywood's Bleeding 

Post#101 » by RoLo » Fri Sep 13, 2019 11:13 pm

Mikistan wrote:
YogurtProducer wrote:
Mikistan wrote:If you turned it off half way through, then you haven't listened to the album.

If you listen to half an album and enjoy literally not a second of it you can turn it off and pretty much conclude on your experience with it... especially when you’ve heard many other tracks and projects from that artist. If you really want me to I could go play the last 20 minutes and come back with likely the same conclusion unless somehow Post Malone finally made a solid section of tracks in the last 5 to 6 songs?

FVV was trash through the entire Philly series and first 2 games of the bucks series, so we shouldn't play him the last 4 games of the bucks series or finals?

what do you mean? you dont walk out of the theaters half way through movies when you dislike it and tell everyone how bad it is? Everybody does this. this is normal art experience. find a new slant
G_Misconduct
Senior
And1: 946

Post#102 » by G_Misconduct » Fri Sep 13, 2019 11:53 pm

Post Malone is like the rap game Bargnani tbh. Dude is Charmin soft. He makes Drizzy look like Slayer

Freddie Gibbs and Madlib album is the true must hear record of the year. Conway The Machine gets a nod too, the new Ghostface is his best work since Fishscale and the new Nas compilation is absolute fire
Sandman88
Head Coach
And1: 6,527

Post#103 » by Sandman88 » Sat Sep 14, 2019 12:18 am

YogurtProducer wrote:
Sandman88 wrote:
YogurtProducer wrote:

You in these two quotes discredit other music and call it "garbage". That to me sounds like a judgement of music you have never heard which is exactly what you are accusing me of... even though your statement is false and I have heard Post Malone's music before, and I have listened to an album of his before (Beerbongs & Bentleys), multiple singles, and I gave the new album a chance and I did not like any of them.

That is the issue I have with people using popularity or awards as a reason for why [insert artist/album] is the best. Odds are those people have never listened to anything outside of what they hear on a radio therefore it is very difficult to take their opinions seriously. Yes, it is quite alright to only listen to the radio music or whatever Spotify recommends; your musical choices do not matter to me and I am not gonna be offended if you never listen to an album I like. If you like what you listen to, then you have accomplished something and got enjoyment from it and that is what music is for. But when you hear things like "Post Malone released the best album of 2019", it sounds a lot like when causal basketball fans claim that "Russell Westbrook is the best player in the NBA. He averages a triple double man!". Sure, you have the MVP and the first triple double season in 50 years to back up your claim, but anyone who truly watches and cares about basketball knows for sure that Russell Westbrook is NOT the best player in the NBA.

Listening to Post Malone is fine, he makes extremely basic, catchy music which is (in my opinion) great to have on with friends or play at a party because its simplistic in nature, easy to sing along to, and is not really talking about or doing anything that takes a lot of effort to listen to. I can agree that the music I like is not really music you want to listen to with other people because it is a more of an intimate/solo listening experience. I am not naive enough to think that Freddie Gibbs "Practice", Quelle Chris "Straight Shot", or Billy Woods "CheckPoints" are going to be a radio regular or a popular track that people are going to hear come on the stereo and get excited about; they are meant for a totally different listening audience and experience.

So that being said, Post Malone has its place, but it certainty is not the "best" album of 2019. Yes, it may be the most popular and most well known and be enjoyed by the most people, but it is not the best.

Obviously your garbage opinion is hating on post when you haven’t heard the new album.

Why would I call the artists you listed garbage if I haven’t heard them?

Way to try and misrepresent my statement.

alright this is my last comment because your skull is obviously to think to penetrate. I have (not have not, I HAVE) heard the new album and I had to turn it off halfway through when it was evident it’s no different than his BBB album, or his multitude of singles and features he has released and appeared on recently.

And I’m not sure.. why would you call my opinion garbage for saying my list > your post Malone when you haven’t heard them before? Only you can answer that one my man.

You’re out here getting offended and upset I don’t like Post Malone and spouting lIsTeN tO iT when I have, didn’t like it (just like everything else he’s released), and moved on whereas you haven’t listened to anything else. As someone who listens to hundreds of new albums a year, I’m not going to spend excessive amounts of time with an album from an artist I’ve previously disliked, heard nothing new from on my listen, and people I trust with music opinions as we share similar tastes have also given it a shot with similar responses.

But go ahead tell me to listen to it again, you’ll totally change my mind doing that.

Nevermind. Clearly you have an inability to comprehend. Enjoy your night.
YogurtProducer
RealGM
And1: 26,895

Post#104 » by YogurtProducer » Sat Sep 14, 2019 3:57 am

RoLo wrote:
Mikistan wrote:
YogurtProducer wrote:
If you listen to half an album and enjoy literally not a second of it you can turn it off and pretty much conclude on your experience with it... especially when you’ve heard many other tracks and projects from that artist. If you really want me to I could go play the last 20 minutes and come back with likely the same conclusion unless somehow Post Malone finally made a solid section of tracks in the last 5 to 6 songs?

FVV was trash through the entire Philly series and first 2 games of the bucks series, so we shouldn't play him the last 4 games of the bucks series or finals?

what do you mean? you dont walk out of the theaters half way through movies when you dislike it and tell everyone how bad it is? Everybody does this. this is normal art experience. find a new slant

You also don’t go to the third instalment of a series after you’ve disliked the original and the sequel. Especially if the third movie is the same as the first two and you know where it’s going.

So funny how you all are getting so upset someone doesn’t like Post Malone when you yourselves haven’t taken the time to listen to something other than what got shoved down your throat. At least I made an honest effort to appreciate his art and just couldn’t.

You really think I want to dislike things I hear? I have a hell of a lot better of a time when I like things I listen to :lol:
What an absolute failure and disaster this franchise is, ran by one of the most incompetent front offices in the league.
- Raptors RealGM Forum re: Masai Ujiri - June 2023
YogurtProducer
RealGM

Post#105 » by YogurtProducer » Sat Sep 14, 2019 4:00 am

Mikistan wrote:
YogurtProducer wrote:
Mikistan wrote:If you turned it off half way through, then you haven't listened to the album.

Not gonna lie this made me **** laugh. But the analogy doesn’t really work considering 99% of the time players as bad as FVV was for 15 games don’t suddenly become as good as he did
What an absolute failure and disaster this franchise is, ran by one of the most incompetent front offices in the league.
Basketball_Jones
RealGM
And1: 16,690

Post#106 » by Basketball_Jones » Sat Sep 14, 2019 4:04 am

PM isn’t bad. But he’s really a manufactured artist. He sounds horrible live.
2019 Eastern Conference All Stars

Derozan
Lowry
Ibaka
Valanciunas
Van Vleet
Delon Wright
Lebron
Embiid

There are only 2 teams in the league that rank in the top 6 in offensive and defensive efficiency: the Golden State Warriors and the Toronto Raptors.
hype_2004
RealGM
And1: 4,649

Post#107 » by hype_2004 » Sat Sep 14, 2019 2:12 pm

I'm an old ass head so F all these *""'! millennial system rappers I haven't heard anyone, I mean anyone sing about changing society or fighting the system, commenting on social issues, living that life and be the person that he's singing about, real thug "**'! right there there was only one and we might not see someone like him if ever, thug life soldier, from infinity to eternity.
alfie123
Starter
And1: 1,130

Post#108 » by alfie123 » Sun Sep 15, 2019 3:05 pm

When did he join the raptors? And why isn’t this an OT thread?
ILIKEBASKETSBALL
aj174
Senior
And1: 898

Post#109 » by aj174 » Sun Sep 15, 2019 4:21 pm

The arguments here are hilarious, why do you guys gotta get so defensive over music LOL. It's all good tho, I'm a die hard nickelback fan so I don't judge. But I listen to a little of everything and i own it! Who cares what others think, I listen to music that I actually like, not what a critic says is good for them.

Personally, i think Malone had one of the best Post games of all time. :P
Courtside
RealGM
And1: 12,340

Post#110 » by Courtside » Sun Sep 15, 2019 4:45 pm

If I see a chick on tinder with Post Malone as her music choice, she's an automatic left swipe, no matter how hot she is. Ain't got time for people with taste that bad.
DatHomieYouHaTe
Lead Assistant
And1: 3,909

Post#111 » by DatHomieYouHaTe » Sun Sep 15, 2019 7:10 pm

If this is "album of the year". Music has taken a nose dive. It's just noise pollution at this point
Regulator
Sixth Man
And1: 2,056

Post#112 » by Regulator » Sun Sep 15, 2019 9:31 pm

How does is compare to illmatic, All Eyes on Me, or Ready to Die?
Kahn_2001
Starter
And1: 2,190

Post#113 » by Kahn_2001 » Mon Sep 16, 2019 2:22 am

Im a fan of Post Malone, but not feeling this album tbh.
credit: TurboZone
Mr Swagtastic
Forum Mod
Forum Mod
And1: 3,170

Post#114 » by Mr Swagtastic » Mon Sep 16, 2019 3:14 am

IMHO Redman's new album kills this or Keith Murray's, post Malone has nothing on anybody from the golden age of hip hop. There's not one good mumble emcee including Migos or any of them
Lord Leoshes wrote:i personally would rather keep Chalmers over Lowry
YogurtProducer
RealGM

Post#115 » by YogurtProducer » Mon Sep 16, 2019 3:19 am

Mr Swagtastic wrote:IMHO Redman's new album kills this or Keith Murray's, post Malone has nothing on anybody from the golden age of hip hop. There's not one good mumble emcee including Migos or any of them

Redman has new ****??
Mr Swagtastic
Forum Mod
Forum Mod
And1: 3,170

Post#116 » by Mr Swagtastic » Mon Sep 16, 2019 3:23 am

YogurtProducer wrote:
Mr Swagtastic wrote:IMHO Redman's new album kills this or Keith Murray's, post Malone has nothing on anybody from the golden age of hip hop. There's not one good mumble emcee including Migos or any of them

Redman has new ****??
Black man in America came out this week
Lord Leoshes wrote:i personally would rather keep Chalmers over Lowry
Ranger One
Analyst
And1: 3,263

Post#117 » by Ranger One » Mon Sep 16, 2019 3:36 am

Basketball_Jones wrote:PM isn’t bad. But he’s really a manufactured artist. He sounds horrible live.

That seems to be the case for pretty much every popular artist in the past 20-30 years. It seems "singers" have forgot how to actually "sing" between the early 80s and 90s up to 2019. Music these days is like the photoshopped perfection that we see on movie posters and magazines. When you actually see said actors/actresses in real life their skin is full of blemishes and acne etc. Similarly, music artists/singers sound great when every part of their song is perfectly edited and auto tuned in the studio. But when you listen to them live you just cringe at how bad their voice actually sounds.
"We are Rangers.
We walk in the dark places no others will enter.
We stand on the bridge, and no one may pass.
We live for the One, we die for the One."
YogurtProducer
RealGM

Post#118 » by YogurtProducer » Mon Sep 16, 2019 3:41 am

Mr Swagtastic wrote:
YogurtProducer wrote:

Redman has new ****??

Where???
dohboy_24
Bench Warmer
And1: 193

Post#119 » by dohboy_24 » Mon Sep 16, 2019 11:42 am

YogurtProducer wrote:
Mr Swagtastic wrote:
YogurtProducer wrote:Redman has new ****??

Where???

https://open.spotify.com/track/0eXQgpIjxdW3VzSy5MfMZm?si=igsOcP_sRMSydGZyaA_3Dw
======
Raptors Tank Nation Member #11031995

DRAFT BOARD:
#6 - Topic, Castle, Williams, Sheppard, Dillingham, Walter
#17 - Filipowski, Clingan, Missi, Salaun, Ware, Shannon Jr, Edey
#32 - Kolek, Klintman, Alexander, DaSilva, Simpson
Axe Dragon
Analyst
And1: 376

Post#120 » by Axe Dragon » Mon Sep 16, 2019 5:19 pm

YogurtProducer wrote:This post just hurts to reads from start to end.

In a year in which we have the following albums:

Freddie Gibbs - Bandana
Tyler the Creator - Igor
Quelle Chris - Guns
Little Simz - Grey Area
Anderson Paak - Ventura
Billy Woods - Hiding Places
Malibu Ken - Malibu Ken
Denzel Curry - ZUU
Little Brother - May the Lord Watch
Rapsody - Eve
And literally probably a hundred more albums, Post Malone isn’t anywhere **** near the AOTY let alone the hip-hop AOTY.

TOOL Fear Innoculum.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Return to Toronto Raptors