Image ImageImage Image

Around The NBA: 2019-20 Season

Moderators: HomoSapien, Ice Man, dougthonus, Tommy Udo 6 , DASMACKDOWN, GimmeDat, Payt10, RedBulls23, coldfish, fleet, AshyLarrysDiaper, kulaz3000, Michael Jackson

madvillian
RealGM
And1: 8,696

Re: Around The NBA: Off-Season Edition 

Post#661 » by madvillian » Thu Sep 12, 2019 1:24 am

Axolotl wrote:
NDave79 wrote:I found this interesting and matching what I thought as far as Otto and Tomas, but also one of the worst disses I can recall in a public forum from a coach to a player. I feel like even if a player is really bad the coach is usually less direct about it, lol.

“Otto loved him, and ‘Sato’ loved Otto,’’ Boylen said per Joe Cowley of The Chicago Sun-Times. “Otto is a big part of this team. His trade is not talked about enough. We were 7-5 in February because, first of all, we got rid of [Parker], and we added a guy who brings synergy and chemistry. Otto has that synergy and chemistry with ‘Sato.’ ’’

https://clutchpoints.com/bulls-news-jim-boylen-sees-positive-in-otto-porter-tomas-satoransky-partnership/

Hmm... I wonder what Boylen said exactly, because Parker's name is in brackets, marking a modified quotation.

classic cowley.
dumbell78 wrote:Random comment....Mikal Bridges stroke is dripping right now in summer league. Carry on.

I'll go ahead and make a sig bet that Mikal is better by RPM this year than Zach.
dice
RealGM
And1: 12,519

Post#662 » by dice » Thu Sep 12, 2019 4:08 am

madvillian wrote:
Axolotl wrote:
NDave79 wrote:I found this interesting and matching what I thought as far as Otto and Tomas, but also one of the worst disses I can recall in a public forum from a coach to a player. I feel like even if a player is really bad the coach is usually less direct about it, lol.

https://clutchpoints.com/bulls-news-jim-boylen-sees-positive-in-otto-porter-tomas-satoransky-partnership/

Hmm... I wonder what Boylen said exactly, because Parker's name is in brackets, marking a modified quotation.

classic cowley.

boylen clearly used a word to refer to portis that would not have been clearly referring to portis out of context. doubt it was derogatory or anything. standard journalistic practice. although if he just said "bobby" it could have just been quoted as "bobby [portis]"

but yeah, that's quite the passive-aggressive insult to a former player
the donald, always unpopular, did worse in EVERY state in 2020. and by a greater margin in red states! 50 independently-run elections, none of them rigged
sco
RealGM
And1: 7,639

Post#663 » by sco » Thu Sep 12, 2019 12:46 pm

TheFinishSniper wrote:Hope Igoudala doesnt get bought out.

I want him! He'd get plenty of minutes and, IMO, almost guarantees us into the playoffs. We'd have so much line-up versatility and balance on both ends, it would be crazy.
:clap:
samwana
General Manager
And1: 2,450

Post#664 » by samwana » Thu Sep 12, 2019 3:20 pm

sco wrote:

I want him! He'd get plenty of minutes and, IMO, almost guarantees us into the playoffs. We'd have so much line-up versatility and balance on both ends, it would be crazy.
He would go ride LeBrons jock

Sent from my POT-LX1 using RealGM mobile app
Repeat 3-peat
RealGM
And1: 14,568

Post#665 » by Repeat 3-peat » Thu Sep 12, 2019 3:38 pm

samwana wrote:
sco wrote:

I see him going to the Clips and forming the best group of perimeter defenders in the league. Would be lethal.
sco
RealGM

Post#666 » by sco » Thu Sep 12, 2019 3:43 pm

GhostOfChicago wrote:
samwana wrote:
sco wrote:I want him! He'd get plenty of minutes and, IMO, almost guarantees us into the playoffs. We'd have so much line-up versatility and balance on both ends, it would be crazy.

I see him going to the Clips and forming the best group of perimeter defenders in the league. Would be lethal.

We could get him if they won't trade for him and we do. Might be an acceptable compromise for him.
Repeat 3-peat
RealGM

Post#667 » by Repeat 3-peat » Thu Sep 12, 2019 4:14 pm

sco wrote:
GhostOfChicago wrote:
samwana wrote:He would go ride LeBrons jock

We could get him if they won't trade for him and we do. Might be an acceptable compromise for him.

I just don't see the Bulls trading for him. I think they believe they have their team for this season besides a Kris Dunn trade.
sco
RealGM

Post#668 » by sco » Thu Sep 12, 2019 5:13 pm

GhostOfChicago wrote:
sco wrote:
GhostOfChicago wrote:

I just don't see the Bulls trading for him. I think they believe they have their team for this season besides a Kris Dunn trade.

A man can dream - Dunn, Val, Hutch for Iggy would erase a bunch of question marks.
Jcool0
RealGM
And1: 7,786

Post#669 » by Jcool0 » Fri Sep 13, 2019 3:46 pm

Read on Twitter
DASMACKDOWN
Forum Mod - Bulls
Forum Mod - Bulls
And1: 14,355

Post#670 » by DASMACKDOWN » Fri Sep 13, 2019 4:00 pm

Jcool0 wrote:
Read on Twitter

Really an inspirational story. I honestly thought Shaun wouldn't even be able to play again after that injury. That was certainly one of the worst I have ever seen. It took him like 4 or 5 years after that to recover, but when he did, he was easily one of the better and most effective bench players in the league. Hats off to him on his retirement.
The Cult of Personality
Dan Z
RealGM
And1: 7,221

Post#671 » by Dan Z » Sun Sep 15, 2019 12:19 am

Read on Twitter
Axolotl
Starter
And1: 2,201

Post#672 » by Axolotl » Sun Sep 15, 2019 4:37 am

Dan Z wrote:
Read on Twitter

Or: An alien in a space suit reding from a book.

It depends on how you mind works :wink:
From the basketball's perspective, travel is a nice pause from being pounded to the floor.
MrFortune3
General Manager
And1: 3,260

Post#673 » by MrFortune3 » Sun Sep 15, 2019 6:58 am

Dan Z wrote:
Read on Twitter

That man has a messed up mind.
Axolotl
Starter
And1: 2,201

Post#674 » by Axolotl » Sun Sep 15, 2019 1:11 pm

Spain is eating Argentina alive in the World Cup finals. Marc Gasol has been outstanding.
From the basketball's perspective, travel is a nice pause from being pounded to the floor.
StunnerKO
Lead Assistant
And1: 3,143

Around The NBA: Off-Season Edition 

Post#675 » by StunnerKO » Sun Sep 15, 2019 4:49 pm

That scoreboard gonna be nice at the UC Image

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro
TheFinishSniper
Assistant Coach
And1: 3,244

Post#676 » by TheFinishSniper » Sun Sep 15, 2019 10:03 pm

That's our 2nd round pick from 2017 there
Repeat 3-peat
RealGM

Post#677 » by Repeat 3-peat » Sun Sep 15, 2019 10:36 pm

TheFinishSniper wrote:That's our 2nd round pick from 2017 there

At first I was like who??

Then I was like....oh yea, $$$$$$
AKfanatic
RealGM
And1: 10,068

Post#678 » by AKfanatic » Mon Sep 16, 2019 1:07 am

Axolotl wrote:Spain is eating Argentina alive in the World Cup finals. Marc Gasol has been outstanding.

I just finished watching that one. Marc is so smart and skilled, he really was outstanding.

Rubio was fantastic, his D on Campazzo made it really tough on Argentina.

Spain just has such an intelligent mix of players, they are really really fun to watch.
dougthonus
Senior Mod - Bulls
Senior Mod - Bulls
And1: 15,702

Post#679 » by dougthonus » Tue Sep 17, 2019 12:43 am

Little surprised Fultz got his option picked up given how huge it was. I guess it makes sense that if Orlando was going to take the chance on trading for him that they'd have to give him two years, but that's a pricey option for a guy who is questionable about whether he belongs in the league.
http://linktr.ee/bullsbeat - links to the bullsbeat podcast
@doug_thonus on twitter
dice
RealGM
And1: 12,519

Post#680 » by dice » Tue Sep 17, 2019 3:34 am

dougthonus wrote:Little surprised Fultz got his option picked up given how huge it was. I guess it makes sense that if Orlando was going to take the chance on trading for him that they'd have to give him two years, but that's a pricey option for a guy who is questionable about whether he belongs in the league.

they traded what will likely end up being 3 second rounders for him and he hasn't played a game for them yet. picking up the option is their only chance to save face. perhaps that was the plan all along
the donald, always unpopular, did worse in EVERY state in 2020. and by a greater margin in red states! 50 independently-run elections, none of them rigged

Return to Chicago Bulls