ImageImageImage

OT: Antonio Brown to the Patriots!!! UPDATE: Bye AB...

Moderators: bisme37, Parliament10, shackles10, snowman, canman1971, Darthlukey, Shak_Celts, Froob

jfs1000d
RealGM
And1: 13,964

Re: OT: Antonio Brown to the Patriots!!! 

Post#61 » by jfs1000d » Wed Sep 11, 2019 2:47 pm

BigTrade92 wrote:If the accuser filed a criminal suit I'd say cut bait right now....but a civil suit? Yeah I don't buy any of this for a second.

Brown isn't a choir boy, but this smells like a cut and dry extortion scheme for money and nothing more. Funny timing too when he's the most talked about athlete in the country...

This is basically the same exact crap Derrick Rose had to go through. I hope this woman gets charges thrown her own way if she turns out to be a liar, which with the lack of evidence at hand, seems extremely likely.

That's the only thing keeping him employed. But the Pats are pushing the limits here.

Patrick Chung (cocaine charge)
Josh Gordon, 5-time drug suspension
Antonio Brown, accused Sex Assault and otherwise malcontent
Owner Robert Kraft, soliciting at a rub and tug

And the stink of Aaron Hernandez isn't going to wear off for a generation.

Then you go from Spygate, Deflaegate and more. One isolated incident, you can dismiss, but this is a pattern.

You can be fan of the team, I don't care, but Pats are a problem. They win though, so what ya gonna do?
BigTrade92
General Manager
And1: 10,685

Post#62 » by BigTrade92 » Wed Sep 11, 2019 9:23 pm

jfs1000d wrote:
BigTrade92 wrote:If the accuser filed a criminal suit I'd say cut bait right now....but a civil suit? Yeah I don't buy any of this for a second.

Brown isn't a choir boy, but this smells like a cut and dry extortion scheme for money and nothing more. Funny timing too when he's the most talked about athlete in the country...

This is basically the same exact crap Derrick Rose had to go through. I hope this woman gets charges thrown her own way if she turns out to be a liar, which with the lack of evidence at hand, seems extremely likely.

That's the only thing keeping him employed. But the Pats are pushing the limits here.

Then you go from Spygate, Deflaegate and more. One isolated incident, you can dismiss, but this is a pattern.

You can be fan of the team, I don't care, but Pats are a problem. They win though, so what ya gonna do?

Unprecedented success breeds hate and jealousy.

Sounds like you’re on the opposite end of that spectrum...
GotDaSauce
RealGM
And1: 9,578

Post#63 » by GotDaSauce » Thu Sep 12, 2019 8:48 pm

jfs1000d wrote:

That’s the thing! If they keep winning rings and in dramatic fashion all the other stuff is brushed under the rug. I hear nothing about Hernandez anymore from tv or radio.
GuyClinch
RealGM
And1: 1,478

Post#64 » by GuyClinch » Sat Sep 14, 2019 10:39 pm

Its brushed under the rug because its much ado about nothing.

The media and the NFL like to play up scandals for interest and are the NFL is sick of the Pats winning all the time so they play up this stuff. I can't blame then 100%. BB is machine and the Pats are way smarter and better then any of the other NFL teams. So they are always seeking to 'stick' it to the Pats. Licking their lips at any downfall - playing up any problems etc.

Pats are the bad guys and they are embracing that..
OldCeltics
Veteran
And1: 2,728

Post#65 » by OldCeltics » Sun Sep 15, 2019 3:48 am

Everybody taped signals, but Patriots got caught. Deflate thing wasn't proven scientifically, just the league flexing its power.

Winning trumps all. Brady + Belichick over 20 year stretch will never be replicated.
FlatearthZorro
RealGM
And1: 11,886

Post#66 » by FlatearthZorro » Mon Sep 16, 2019 8:51 am

OldCeltics wrote:Everybody taped signals, but Patriots got caught. Deflate thing wasn't proven scientifically, just the league flexing its power.

Winning trumps all. Brady + Belichick over 20 year stretch will never be replicated.

True.

Btw, if Brown doesn't throw temper tantrum and does his job, he will have a 10, maybe 10+ TD season and win a Super Bowl... The defense is good, the offense has so many weapons. Gronk hinted that he might be back. Wouldn't shock me if he's back week 10-11, imagine this receiving core with Gronk(rested and healthy :lol: :lol: ), then you got the defense which is on another level. The secondary is nuts.
Good assessment:

PLO wrote:Tatum played OK - took advantage of a few mismatches - decent on the defensive end. He is what we thought he was going into the season - a technically very proficient player operating close to his career ceiling as a rookie.
31to6
RealGM
And1: 27,795

Post#67 » by 31to6 » Mon Sep 16, 2019 4:12 pm

FlatearthZorro wrote:
OldCeltics wrote:Everybody taped signals, but Patriots got caught. Deflate thing wasn't proven scientifically, just the league flexing its power.

True.

Btw, if Brown doesn't throw temper tantrum and does his job, he will have a 10, maybe 10+ TD season and win a Super Bowl... The defense is good, the offense has so many weapons. Gronk hinted that he might be back. Wouldn't shock me if he's back week 10-11, imagine this receiving core with Gronk(rested and healthy :lol: :lol: ), then you got the defense which is on another level. The secondary is nuts.

All true we just need to build a **** wall in front of Brady. I guess out of living, healthy-enough human beings.
Paul Pierce appreciation society.
exculpatory
RealGM
And1: 10,942

Post#68 » by exculpatory » Tue Sep 17, 2019 8:42 am

sam_I_am wrote:
GuyClinch wrote:Guys you know he was just pretending to be a whack job to get off the Raiders right? Guy obviously cares about winning some - who knew..

Strange move since Pats run the ball some and he won't get as many catch chances. OTOH they will be better chances - so maybe he prefers that.. I mean can you even double him with Julian and Gordon out there? Rest of the NFL is screwed as long as Dante can work miracles with the line.

OL is the issue now. It looked much worse after Cannon got undercut and landed on his shoulder.

Guy IS a whack job. He lost $30 million in guaranteed money. Only $10 million is guaranteed with Pats but since $9 million was bonus money the Pats control how he gets paid. This is a win for Patriots. They got a Kyrie Irving ( elite talent, hard worker, solid guy dedicated to his craft but a locker room diva/cancer ) to be a complimentary player. They aren’t asking him to lead them .... simply to add quality talent to a team already loaded. It would be like last year’s Warriors adding Kyrie to their Big 4 for midlevel exception.

The idea that AB masterminded anything.....is ludicrous. What if he breaks his ankle on his first play? Had he honored his contract in Oakland....he would get $30 million guaranteed. I’m not sure what he gets if that happens now.....at most it would be $10 million. To give that up like he did is nuts.

Sam,
I have no dog in the NFL.
I enjoy watching/envying/admiring elite QBs like Brady & Rodgers perform (cause I freakishly can still throw well in spite of my years), & I enjoy watching mega-talented wide outs like AB run patterns & catch (cause that actually was my position back in the day).
But the Patriots should be ashamed.
This guy is a scumbag.
Hope he supports his 5 kids by 3 women. With all his tens of millions, he apparently stiffs people right & left.

https://nypost.com/2019/09/16/another-antonio-brown-accuser-comes-forward/
SamIam 2010: Truth's ability to play so incredibly efficiently is so UNDERAPPRECIATED. Bballcool 2012: Amazing how great Pierce has been for so long. Continues to defy age! KG 2013: P is original Celtic. Wherever he goes, we go. This is The Truth's house.
greenroom31
General Manager
And1: 11,410

Post#69 » by greenroom31 » Tue Sep 17, 2019 12:38 pm

exculpatory wrote:But the Patriots should be ashamed.
This guy is a scumbag.
Hope he supports his 5 kids by 3 women. With all his tens of millions, he apparently stiffs people right & left.

Not to get political, but can you think of someone else who has 5 kids with 3 women? And has a reputation for stiffing people left and right? And says off-color things about women?

https://heavy.com/news/2016/07/donald-trump-children-ages-names-kids-how-many-does-have-daughters-sons/

My point is just that it's interesting that somehow the Patriots are supposed to be responsible for Antonio Brown's issues when he has been with the team for less than a month and all the problems happened prior to his joining the team (and possibly they were never aware of them). Meanwhile everything you just wrote applies to the President who somehow is held to a lower standard than a professional athlete. :crazy:
exculpatory
RealGM

Post#70 » by exculpatory » Tue Sep 17, 2019 1:09 pm

greenroom31 wrote:
This guy is a scumbag.

Not to get political, but can you think of someone else who has 5 kids with 3 women? And has a reputation for stiffing people left and right? And says off-color things about women?

https://heavy.com/news/2016/07/donald-trump-children-ages-names-kids-how-many-does-have-daughters-sons/

My point is just that it's interesting that somehow the Patriots are supposed to be responsible for Antonio Brown's issues when he has been with the team for less than a month and all the problems happened prior to his joining the team (and possibly they were never aware of them). Meanwhile everything you just wrote applies to the President who somehow is held to a lower standard than a professional athlete. :crazy:

But you did get political.
And I will say a couple things & drop it.
1. Wild guess: Our politics are as different as night & day.
2. My compliments for an accurate comparison in broad strokes. I will never ever ever EVER defend the fact that DJT is most definitely a petty, bombastic & narcissistic scumbag, & many of his tweets make me cringe. On the other hand, the dangerous delusions & despicable hypocrisy of many on the left appall me MUCH MORE. Enough said. I would recommend dropping this - but I am sure my long time friend Fencer will feel compelled to insert some of his liberal gobbledygook.
3. AB is still a scumbag & the Pats should boot his ass.
SamIam 2010: Truth's ability to play so incredibly efficiently is so UNDERAPPRECIATED. Bballcool 2012: Amazing how great Pierce has been for so long. Continues to defy age! KG 2013: P is original Celtic. Wherever he goes, we go. This is The Truth's house.
Parliament10
Forum Mod - Celtics
Forum Mod - Celtics
And1: 53,272

Post#71 » by Parliament10 » Tue Sep 17, 2019 2:34 pm

exculpatory wrote:
greenroom31 wrote:
This guy is a scumbag.

2. My compliments for an accurate comparison in broad strokes. I will never ever ever EVER defend the fact that DJT is most definitely a petty, bombastic & narcissistic scumbag, & many of his tweets make me cringe. On the other hand, the dangerous delusions & despicable hypocrisy of many on the left appall me MUCH MORE. Enough said. I would recommend dropping this - but I am sure my long time friend Fencer will feel compelled to insert some of his liberal gobbledygook.

NO Politics.

~ Parl
"You have to put the work in.
Nothing is given."

~ Jayson Tatum
Big Joke Line
Sixth Man
And1: 1,692

Post#72 » by Big Joke Line » Tue Sep 17, 2019 2:51 pm

Can’t stand this guy. Dislike him more than I did Kyrie when the Celts got him. But in this scenario the Pats can cut (or more likely trade him for an asset) the minute the negatives outweigh the positives.
Hey Man, nice shot!
exculpatory
RealGM

Post#73 » by exculpatory » Tue Sep 17, 2019 2:53 pm

Parliament10 wrote:
exculpatory wrote:
greenroom31 wrote:

NO Politics.

~ Parl

He introduced the politics - NOT me.

All I said was AB is a scumbag for many reasons & the Pats should boot him.
threrf23
RealGM
And1: 4,377

Post#74 » by threrf23 » Tue Sep 17, 2019 4:38 pm

PITTSBURGH (KDKA) — A Pittsburgh area doctor is the latest to file a lawsuit against former Steelers wide receiver Antonio Brown.

Monroeville’s Dr. Victor Prisk has filed a lawsuit in Pennsylvania claiming that Brown owes him $11,500 in unpaid fees.

Not only that, according to the NY Post, Dr. Prisk claims Brown repeatedly farted in his face and laughed about it during a consultation where he showed up three hours late.

Dr. Prisk said he was wary of signing Brown because of his “flighty” reputation for not paying his bills, Sports Illustrated reported.

TMZ even obtained video of the appointment in August of 2018 where Brown can be heard farting and laughing about it as Prisk tests his body fat.

“It seemed just childish to me,” Prisk told Sports Illustrated. “I’m a doctor and this man is farting in my face.”

Prisk runs Prisk Orthopaedics and Wellness in Monroeville, he filed the suit earlier this month.

https://pittsburgh.cbslocal.com/2019/09/17/pittsburgh-doctor-claims-antonio-brown-repeatedly-farted-in-his-face-owes-him-11500/

Says the doctor willing to publicly share video of a random doctor's appointment. That has gotta breach some law?

Where was this dude before AB signed with the Pats? Probably cheering for AB.

Ben Roethlisberger is a phony scum bag. AB's a diva, hopefully little more than a diva. Haters gonna hate.
greenroom31
General Manager
And1: 11,410

Post#75 » by greenroom31 » Tue Sep 17, 2019 4:42 pm

exculpatory wrote:
Parliament10 wrote:NO Politics.

~ Parl

I tried to be clear that my point was that it seemed like a double standard to hold the Patriots accountable for something that we don't apply to broader society (especially since they may not even have been aware of his past issues), but apologize for ruffling any feathers and will make no further comments on the subject.
exculpatory
RealGM

Post#76 » by exculpatory » Tue Sep 17, 2019 7:27 pm

greenroom31 wrote:
exculpatory wrote:
Parliament10 wrote:NO Politics.

~ Parl

I tried to be clear that my point was that it seemed like a double standard to hold the Patriots accountable for something that we don't apply to broader society (especially since they may not even have been aware of his past issues), but apologize for ruffling any feathers and will make no further comments on the subject.

You did not ruffle my feathers.

PS And I enjoy your basketball comments.
grindtime22
Assistant Coach
And1: 4,654

Post#77 » by grindtime22 » Tue Sep 17, 2019 7:33 pm

threrf23 wrote:
PITTSBURGH (KDKA) — A Pittsburgh area doctor is the latest to file a lawsuit against former Steelers wide receiver Antonio Brown.

Monroeville’s Dr. Victor Prisk has filed a lawsuit in Pennsylvania claiming that Brown owes him $11,500 in unpaid fees.

Not only that, according to the NY Post, Dr. Prisk claims Brown repeatedly farted in his face and laughed about it during a consultation where he showed up three hours late.

Dr. Prisk said he was wary of signing Brown because of his “flighty” reputation for not paying his bills, Sports Illustrated reported.

TMZ even obtained video of the appointment in August of 2018 where Brown can be heard farting and laughing about it as Prisk tests his body fat.

“It seemed just childish to me,” Prisk told Sports Illustrated. “I’m a doctor and this man is farting in my face.”

Prisk runs Prisk Orthopaedics and Wellness in Monroeville, he filed the suit earlier this month.

https://pittsburgh.cbslocal.com/2019/09/17/pittsburgh-doctor-claims-antonio-brown-repeatedly-farted-in-his-face-owes-him-11500/

Says the doctor willing to publicly share video of a random doctor's appointment. That has gotta breach some law?

Where was this dude before AB signed with the Pats? Probably cheering for AB.

Ben Roethlisberger is a phony scum bag. AB's a diva, hopefully little more than a diva. Haters gonna hate.

Pittsburgh Doctor Claims Antonio Brown Repeatedly Farted In His Face, Owes Him $11,500

:lol: :lol: :lol:

I was sure that was an article headline from The Onion
exculpatory
RealGM

Post#78 » by exculpatory » Wed Sep 18, 2019 12:50 am

https://apple.news/AXr7DZdWSS-mN9xXhXpAPrw

How much you wanna bet he gets suspended sooner rather than later?
reload141
RealGM
And1: 22,232

Post#79 » by reload141 » Wed Sep 18, 2019 1:37 am

exculpatory wrote:https://apple.news/AXr7DZdWSS-mN9xXhXpAPrw

How much you wanna bet he gets suspended sooner rather than later?

Lot's of accusations... everyone trying to get paid it seems.
Captain_Caveman
RealGM
And1: 38,344

Post#80 » by Captain_Caveman » Wed Sep 18, 2019 5:10 am

exculpatory wrote:He introduced the politics - NOT me.

In his defense, it was only to completely ether you for next level hypocrisy.

With that said, I am ambivalent on AB for now. Seems pretty clear that he is a crappy dude, and whether or not these women are fishing for a payday, there seems to be some very poor behavior on his end. Depending on what is proven, it may or may not rise to the level of the Pats needing to dump him (they are apparently well-protected in the contract for this possibility).

But I thought they were the best team even before they signed him, and think that will remain true provided they stay relatively healthy.

Return to Boston Celtics