Re: Jalen Adams Calls NFL \'A Damn Joke\' For Fining Him

RealGM Wiretap
RealGM
And1: 292

Jalen Adams Calls NFL \'A Damn Joke\' For Fining Him 

Post#1 » by RealGM Wiretap » Thu Sep 19, 2019 1:36 pm

The NFL fined Jamal Adams $21,506 for a roughing the passer penalty against Baker Mayfield on Monday night.

The New York Jets safety blasted the league on social media after receiving the fine.

Adams posted a video clip of the play from the Jets\' 23-3 loss, saying: \"This league is a damn joke! ... I signed up to play football not two hand touch. Bulls---! I don\'t give a damn about these soft rules protecting QBs. I\'m gonna play MY brand of football everytime I step on the field.\"

He is known as a hard-hitting player, but Adams hasn\'t been heavily penalized or fined in his career.

Via Rich Cimini/ESPN

Barcs
Veteran
And1: 712

Post#2 » by Barcs » Thu Sep 19, 2019 3:16 pm

Jamal Adams is 100% in the right here. There is an obvious double standard going on in the NFL right now. Jamal's hit wasn't vicious or egregious, it was late. Fining him for it, while not fining Garrett for his numerous viscious hits including the one that knocked out Siemian for the season is ridiculously hypocritical. Are they going to blindly fine every late hit now or only do it when it's the Jets?

**** the stupid NFL. The game is being systematically watered down year after year after year and the injuries STILL happen at the same exact rate despite years of failure rules that do absolutely nothing to protect anybody and ruin the goddamn game.
SELL THE TEAM, JIM!!! :curse:
DirtybirdGA
Lead Assistant
And1: 1,863

Post#3 » by DirtybirdGA » Thu Sep 19, 2019 5:40 pm

A 15 yrd foul, probably but not worthy of a fine.
Where the offseason has more buzz happens.

Return to Wiretap Headlines Discussion