Ranma
RealGM
And1: 4,062

ESPN's #NBArank 31-100 + Snubs 

Post#21 » by Ranma » Wed Sep 25, 2019 12:14 am

Read on Twitter

Read on Twitter

Read on Twitter

LA Legends: Kershaw & Koufax_ Image _IGNORED: Max Headrom-esqtvd-QRich3-EBledsoe12-alon8882-45clip
Ranma
RealGM

Clippers on ESPN's Latter Listings 

Post#22 » by Ranma » Wed Sep 25, 2019 6:28 am

Eric Woodyard, ESPN.com (9/23/19)
I was shocked when I didn't see LA Clippers point guard Patrick Beverley's name listed on the NBA All-Defensive Team last year. You can't tell me he wasn't at least worthy of second-team. I'm not buying that. With the additions of Kawhi Leonard and Paul George, the good thing for Beverley is he will be in the spotlight more. More media attention and more wins typically bring more opportunities to achieve individual accolades and possibly a title. I totally expect Beverley to outperform his No. 79 ranking. He's as tough as nails, and playing with better talent will only help him.

NBA Rankings Debate: Snubs, Surprises and Future Stars

ESPN.com (9/23/19)

Ranking the Best players in the NBA This Season, From 100 to 51

ESPN.com (9/23/19)

ESPN.com (9/23/19)

LA Legends: Kershaw & Koufax_ Image _IGNORED: Max Headrom-esqtvd-QRich3-EBledsoe12-alon8882-45clip
Ranma
RealGM

Kawhi & PG-13 Apparently Among ESPN's Top 10 (Post Placement Switch ↓) 

Post#23 » by Ranma » Wed Sep 25, 2019 7:23 am

Read on Twitter
NippySudz
Assistant Coach
And1: 1,460

Re: Clippers Among 2019-20 Top-100 Rankings 

Post#24 » by NippySudz » Wed Sep 25, 2019 12:48 pm

Yogatti wrote:It is ridiculous that Giannis is #1 and Kawhi is #2. Kawhi beat Giannis in the ECF and these idiots still think Giannis is better than him

I think Kawhi is better than Giannis certainly right now and a top 5 player, but I feel people are equally if not singing kawhi's praises too much. Is kawhi a top 5 player? Yes. Is he a finals mvp? Yes.

But is he better than Lebron? I'd argue no. Lebron had one bad year to injury. That can either be an anomaly or it can be the beginning of a decline. I'm not confident what is what yet. We'll see how this season plays out.

Lebron doesn't play defense during the regular season, so maybe that's why. But lebrons playing making is super stellar.

My personal list is

1.Lebron
2.Kawhi
3.Steph
4.Harden.
5. Giannis

2/3 are interchangeable. I think steph is going to be mvp steph this season. I really am not comfortable with putting giannis at 5. I would put AD over him, but he's accomplished more than AD and he won a league mvp, so I can't put embid or AD over him.

If KD was healthy,

It'd be
1.Lebron
2.KD
3.Kawhi
4.Steph
5.Harden.
KG Leonard
Senior
And1: 410

Post#25 » by KG Leonard » Wed Sep 25, 2019 1:22 pm

NippySudz wrote:
Yogatti wrote:It is ridiculous that Giannis is #1 and Kawhi is #2. Kawhi beat Giannis in the ECF and these idiots still think Giannis is better than him

I think Kawhi is better than Giannis certainly right now and a top 5 player, but I feel people are equally if not singing kawhi's praises too much. Is kawhi a top 5 player? Yes. Is he a finals mvp? Yes.

But is he better than Lebron? I'd argue no. Lebron had one bad year to injury. That can either be an anomaly or it can be the beginning of a decline. I'm not confident what is what yet. We'll see how this season plays out.

Lebron doesn't play defense during the regular season, so maybe that's why. But lebrons playing making is super stellar.

My personal list is

1.Lebron
2.Kawhi
3.Steph
4.Harden.
5. Giannis

2/3 are interchangeable. I think steph is going to be mvp steph this season. I really am not comfortable with putting giannis at 5. I would put AD over him, but he's accomplished more than AD and he won a league mvp, so I can't put embid or AD over him.

If KD was healthy,

It'd be
1.Lebron
2.KD
3.Kawhi
4.Steph
5.Harden.
Lebron is an all-time great top 5 ever and healthy he is nr. 1 or 2. That is not the problem with these list....it's they overrated Giannis unproven Player who have barely been top 10 for more than two years as the best. A guy that cant shoot or playmake like Kawhi or Lebron.
I would say Kawhi need to beat Lebron in playoffs again to cement his nr. 1. I disagree that KD healthy is better than Kawhi cuz without Warriors superstar team he has nothing over Kawhi. Kawhi wasn't brilliant scorer he is now when he was owning KD in Thunder. KD is great scorer but he is no Lebron.

Giannis is a worse offensive player version of Harden. Regular season hero that is getting hype over Kawhi, lebron, KD who together have 7 Finals MVP!

Skickat från min SM-N950F via Tapatalk
Ranma
RealGM

Klaw vs. Greek Freak to Define NBA Over Next Decade (Post Placement Switch ↑) 

Post#26 » by Ranma » Wed Sep 25, 2019 9:46 pm

Read on Twitter

Ranma
RealGM

Paul George Ranked 10th Overall by ESPN 

Post#27 » by Ranma » Thu Sep 26, 2019 2:06 pm

Read on Twitter

Ohm Youngmisuk, ESPN.com (9/26/19)

Ranking the NBA's Best Players, from No. 10 to LeBron
TheNewEra
RealGM
And1: 10,409

Post#28 » by TheNewEra » Fri Sep 27, 2019 2:17 am

Need another MVP caliber season from PG
Ranma
RealGM

Kawhi Ranks 42nd on Bleacher Report's All-Time 50 

Post#29 » by Ranma » Fri Sep 27, 2019 7:40 am

Read on Twitter

Andy Bailey, BleacherReport.com (9/26/19)

Bleacher Report's All-Time Player Rankings: NBA's Top 50 Revealed
Ranma
RealGM

Kawhi 2nd Overall on ESPN's NBA Rank 

Post#30 » by Ranma » Fri Sep 27, 2019 1:04 pm

Read on Twitter

Kevin Pelton, ESPN.com (9/27/19)

Ranking the NBA's Best Players: Giannis and Kawhi at the Very Top
Ranma
RealGM

ESPN Debates Kawhi vs. Giannis 

Post#31 » by Ranma » Fri Sep 27, 2019 6:13 pm

Read on Twitter

50CalClips
Rookie
And1: 323

Post#32 » by 50CalClips » Fri Sep 27, 2019 8:05 pm

Okay...
Giannis is #1... also let LeBron and AD be #2 and #3... let em have that.
esqtvd
RealGM
And1: 3,898

Post#33 » by esqtvd » Sat Sep 28, 2019 6:37 am

50CalClips wrote:Okay...
Giannis is #1... also let LeBron and AD be #2 and #3... let em have that.

We're SO loaded, bro. Yeah. Let the Lakers and the Bucks have the regular season.

Back in the day, it was all about playoff seeding. But I hated how Doc played a 6-7 man rotation even in the regular season. If we didn't arrive to the playoffs dinged up or severely injured, we were still out of gas.

But OTOH, if he didn't play the living s**t out of our thin rotation, we'd barely make the playoffs at all. With Blake, Chris and DJ eating up 60-70% of the salary cap, we had the worst bench in the NBA--nothing but dumpster-dive rejects.

[The best of the dumpster-dive rejects, mind you :wink: Doc was very persuasive.]

This year, I don't think Doc will give a ****. Been there, done that. I wouldn't even mind the 8th seed with everybody healthy and frankly, we could make the 8th seed even if Kawhi and PG only play 40 games each.

[NB--Let's not pretend we could have won 48 games without Tobias and Gallo. They were studly. Respect.

Tobias and Gallo did well with this supporting cast. Kawhi and PG are another dimension, though. These are HOFers!!!]
Image Are We Having Fun Yet?
NippySudz
Assistant Coach
And1: 1,460

Post#34 » by NippySudz » Sat Sep 28, 2019 7:48 am

KG Leonard wrote:
NippySudz wrote:

My personal list is

1.Lebron
2.Kawhi
3.Steph
4.Harden.
5. Giannis

If KD was healthy,

It'd be
1.Lebron
2.KD
3.Kawhi
4.Steph
5.Harden.
Lebron is an all-time great top 5 ever and healthy he is nr. 1 or 2. That is not the problem with these list....it's they overrated Giannis unproven Player who have barely been top 10 for more than two years as the best. A guy that cant shoot or playmake like Kawhi or Lebron.
I would say Kawhi need to beat Lebron in playoffs again to cement his nr. 1. I disagree that KD healthy is better than Kawhi cuz without Warriors superstar team he has nothing over Kawhi. Kawhi wasn't brilliant scorer he is now when he was owning KD in Thunder. KD is great scorer but he is no Lebron.

Giannis is a worse offensive player version of Harden. Regular season hero that is getting hype over Kawhi, lebron, KD who together have 7 Finals MVP!

I think kawhi championships always get a little discredited so he doesn't get the respect he deserves as a player in some respect. The first one, he won with pop. "he was a system player", the second, he won because gsw was injured. Anyalsts and pundits are always looking to discredit his achievements. I'd like if he could win MVP this year and fmvp this year to finally get those pundits to shut the hell up :lol:

I think that's all he needs a formidable opponent that he can beat, no injureies, no off the court issues. Nothing. I do believe if Kawhi gets it done, people will say, Well, the other coach's dog was sick so that's why they lost. :lol: It's always something.

I don't know what they saw in Giannis. ESPN as him as number 1 too. Budenholzer is just as responsible for the wins in the regular season as giannis is. I mean, he won 60 games with the hawks. No all stars. Giannis hasn't done anything impressive yet. To me, imo he hasn't had a signature playoff game. A game that people remember him by.
nickhx2
RealGM
And1: 6,271

Post#35 » by nickhx2 » Sat Sep 28, 2019 7:36 pm

i've never heard of any narratives at all discrediting kawhi's championship achievements.
Yogatti
Bench Warmer
And1: 2,194

Post#36 » by Yogatti » Sat Sep 28, 2019 7:51 pm

nickhx2 wrote:i've never heard of any narratives at all discrediting kawhi's championship achievements.

take some of your time and browse the general board. People discredit Kawhi's 2014 FMVP saying it was a role player ring like Iguodala.
Kawhi guarded Lebron the entire series while finishing the the last 3 games scoring 29 points in game 3, 20 points in game 4, 22 points in game 5. When asked to step up his scoring by Popovich, Kawhi delivered. That is not what you considered a role player's performance

nickhx2
RealGM

Post#37 » by nickhx2 » Sat Sep 28, 2019 11:54 pm

from analysts/pundits, i should clarify.
clipperlover
Rookie
And1: 980

Post#38 » by clipperlover » Fri Oct 25, 2019 3:51 pm

I love Kawhi. Him and Paul George playing together is something I have always wanted to see. Those two on the Clippers together was a dream that finally came to fruition.

That said, Giannis is the #1 all around player in the NBA. He is still somewhat raw, but the guy is unreal. He has length that Kawhi just does not have. The guy has a realistic chance of accomplishing a quintuple-double. He had a triple double vs Houston last night in the 3rd quarter. He reminds me of Olajuwon from an all around skills perspective and is only getting better.

Giannis, Kawhi and AD are easily the top 3 all-around players in the NBA. LeBron is a close #4. Curry, Harden and Irving are better offensive players, but you aren't putting them anywhere near a top opponent in crunch time to make a stop.
KG Leonard
Senior
And1: 410

Post#39 » by KG Leonard » Fri Oct 25, 2019 10:07 pm

clipperlover wrote:I love Kawhi. Him and Paul George playing together is something I have always wanted to see. Those two on the Clippers together was a dream that finally came to fruition.

That said, Giannis is the #1 all around player in the NBA. He is still somewhat raw, but the guy is unreal. He has length that Kawhi just does not have. The guy has a realistic chance of accomplishing a quintuple-double. He had a triple double vs Houston last night in the 3rd quarter. He reminds me of Olajuwon from an all around skills perspective and is only getting better.

Giannis, Kawhi and AD are easily the top 3 all-around players in the NBA. LeBron is a close #4. Curry, Harden and Irving are better offensive players, but you aren't putting them anywhere near a top opponent in crunch time to make a stop.
All around? No post moves at all, not a playmaker, not a good shooter. Lenght and dunking doesn't make all around....

Hakeem is one of the most skilled big men ever, had a good jumper, had immense footwork. Giannis is just 2-3 years younger than Kawhi.
He is the opposite of skilled player like Hakeem.

Dont be blinded by potential hype he is no 20 year old, 3rd year player! He has played 6 seasons to Kawhi 7 seasons.....

nickhx2
RealGM

Post#40 » by nickhx2 » Fri Oct 25, 2019 10:11 pm

potential hype? the guy is already a legitimate mvp contender and legit top 2 player in the NBA

Return to Los Angeles Clippers