ImageImageImage

Celtics General Offseason Thread Pt 11: Kanter believe you thought of former player

Moderators: bisme37, canman1971, Darthlukey, Shak_Celts, Froob, Parliament10, shackles10, snowman

jmr07019
General Manager
And1: 7,755

Re: Celtics General Offseason Thread Pt 11: Kanter believe you thought of former player 

Post#1561 » by jmr07019 » Thu Sep 26, 2019 3:30 pm

Showtime23 wrote:
UNCBlue012 wrote:
Parliament10 wrote:
Read on Twitter

Quite the difference, huh?

Good for JB believing in himself but come on now.

So, Chicago might be interested in JB and Boston should like Porter since he can play the 4 as well.
Is there any way both teams can swap players if Boston doesnt plan on extending him?

Big difference between not wanting to given him 5/170 and trading him for a Porter. I see that trade as highly unlikely. I think we tell Brown to go find an offer and then match. 4/100 is a lot easier for Boston to swallow than 5/170. Let’s be real no one is giving Brown 170.
Show Love Spread Love
greenroom31
General Manager
And1: 11,410

Re: Celtics General Offseason Thread Pt 11: Kanter believe you thought of former player 

Post#1562 » by greenroom31 » Thu Sep 26, 2019 3:34 pm

Parliament10 wrote:
Read on Twitter

Quite the difference, huh?

Seriously. So he wants to be closer to the maximum than the minimum, shocking. :roll:
Slartibartfast
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 10,060

Post#1563 » by Slartibartfast » Thu Sep 26, 2019 6:03 pm

I'd be all over Brown for Wendell Carter. Baby Horford.

Would probably have to include extra incentive to make up for Brown's impending salary balloon.
3D Chess
Lead Assistant
And1: 8,728

Post#1564 » by 3D Chess » Thu Sep 26, 2019 6:47 pm

Slartibartfast wrote:I'd be all over Brown for Wendell Carter. Baby Horford.

Would probably have to include extra incentive to make up for Brown's impending salary balloon.

lol that fkn avi got me.
KGboss
RealGM
And1: 10,097

Post#1565 » by KGboss » Thu Sep 26, 2019 7:24 pm

Brown being selfish and thinking he bbn is ben simmons good makes me cautious moving into this season.

Hope this guy doesnt come in again trying to be top dog.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk
GoCeltics123
RealGM
And1: 32,690

Post#1566 » by GoCeltics123 » Thu Sep 26, 2019 7:35 pm

Read on Twitter

Meanwhile, on Jaylen...
mg
General Manager
And1: 4,027

Post#1567 » by mg » Thu Sep 26, 2019 7:42 pm

Not happening.
Look I know the Bulls haven't made the best FO decisions lately but there's no way GarPax deal WCJ at this point unless they are getting back a superstar.
5InOfLouisville
Senior
And1: 818

Post#1568 » by 5InOfLouisville » Thu Sep 26, 2019 8:43 pm

KGboss wrote:Brown being selfish

Ive seen variations of this here frequently, but have never seen anything in real life to corroborate this.

Selfish post.
KGboss wrote:Brown doesnt need you to clean his jock strap for him

Captain_Caveman wrote:You are perfectly welcome to never read or respond to my posts ever again. I don't find you particularly knowledgeable or insightful from anything I have read to date.

:cry:
FlatearthZorro
RealGM
And1: 11,904

Post#1569 » by FlatearthZorro » Thu Sep 26, 2019 9:08 pm

GoCeltics123 wrote:
Read on Twitter

Meanwhile, on Jaylen...

Different haircut is actually nice. I've seen him in college I think with short hair. That flat top is pretty weird anyways, makes your head look long... :lol:
Good assessment:

PLO wrote:Tatum played OK - took advantage of a few mismatches - decent on the defensive end. He is what we thought he was going into the season - a technically very proficient player operating close to his career ceiling as a rookie.
FlatearthZorro
RealGM
And1: 11,904

Post#1570 » by FlatearthZorro » Thu Sep 26, 2019 9:09 pm

mg wrote:

Not happening.
Look I know the Bulls haven't made the best FO decisions lately but there's no way GarPax deal WCJ at this point unless they are getting back a superstar.

They are never getting a superstar for Carter. I dunno if he'll be a starter on their team with the way the league works and them being invested in Lauri. With that being said, CHI"s FO has been notorious for not trading nearly AT ALL, so I don't expect us to trade with them.
Good assessment:

PLO wrote:Tatum played OK - took advantage of a few mismatches - decent on the defensive end. He is what we thought he was going into the season - a technically very proficient player operating close to his career ceiling as a rookie.
Darthlukey
Forum Mod - Celtics
Forum Mod - Celtics
And1: 3,150

Post#1571 » by Darthlukey » Thu Sep 26, 2019 9:44 pm

FlatearthZorro wrote:
mg wrote:

Not happening.

They are never getting a superstar for Carter. I dunno if he'll be a starter on their team with the way the league works and them being invested in Lauri. With that being said, CHI"s FO has been notorious for not trading nearly AT ALL, so I don't expect us to trade with them.

Not a starter, the dude is locked into the starting centre spot, with Lauri at the 4 spot most of the time
KGboss
RealGM

Post#1572 » by KGboss » Thu Sep 26, 2019 10:29 pm

5InOfLouisville wrote:

Ive seen variations of this here frequently, but have never seen anything in real life to corroborate this.

Selfish post.
His attitude to start the year last year was selfish.

celticfan42487
RealGM
And1: 15,277

Post#1573 » by celticfan42487 » Thu Sep 26, 2019 10:35 pm

5InOfLouisville wrote:

Selfish post.

It's just a holdover from an Irving excuser's (not speaking of KGboss here) reasoning for why Irving was one of the worst locker room "leaders" in a long time.

Someone made it up and spread it along to try and deflect blame and it spread among the board.
KGboss
RealGM

Post#1574 » by KGboss » Thu Sep 26, 2019 10:38 pm

celticfan42487 wrote:
5InOfLouisville wrote:

Selfish post.

It's just a holdover from an Irving excuser's (not speaking of KGboss here) reasoning for why Irving was one of the worst locker room "leaders" in a long time.

Someone made it up and spread it along to try and deflect blame and it spread among the board.
I'm pretty sure it's TRUE that for at least half of the season brown was being a douche. Why do you think smart and Morris got in his face like that?

celticfan42487
RealGM
And1: 15,277

Post#1575 » by celticfan42487 » Thu Sep 26, 2019 10:48 pm

KGboss wrote:
celticfan42487 wrote:
5InOfLouisville wrote:

Selfish post.

I'm pretty sure it's TRUE that for at least half of the season brown was being a douche. Why do you think smart and Morris got in his face like that?

Smart's never had anything bad to say about Brown.

If anything Morris or Irving having an issue with a player personally is a credit to their character.
5InOfLouisville
Senior

Post#1576 » by 5InOfLouisville » Thu Sep 26, 2019 10:50 pm

KGboss wrote:
celticfan42487 wrote:
5InOfLouisville wrote:

Selfish post.

So other players yelling in his face makes him a selfish douche?

Captain_Caveman wrote:You are perfectly welcome to never read or respond to my posts ever again. I don't find you particularly knowledgeable or insightful from anything I have read to date.

KGboss
RealGM

Post#1577 » by KGboss » Thu Sep 26, 2019 11:16 pm

5InOfLouisville wrote:
KGboss wrote:
celticfan42487 wrote:

Yokes I didnt realize there was a whole coalition of brown defenders on this forum.

No wonder this place has fallen off a cliff over the last year

5InOfLouisville
Senior

Post#1578 » by 5InOfLouisville » Thu Sep 26, 2019 11:23 pm

KGboss wrote:
5InOfLouisville wrote:
KGboss wrote:I'm pretty sure it's TRUE that for at least half of the season brown was being a douche. Why do you think smart and Morris got in his face like that?

Yokes I didnt realize there was a whole coalition of brown defenders on this forum.

I just started posting, so i take full responsibility for the decline of this forum, all other forums, and the internet at large.

That being said, you said brown was selfish and i disagreed. You supported your assertion by saying hes selfish because 2 other players yelled at him.

When pressed, you resorted to calling out my admittedly poor internet forum posting ability. While painfully true, it doesnt really address the question at hand.

How is brown selfish?

KGboss
RealGM

Post#1579 » by KGboss » Thu Sep 26, 2019 11:37 pm

5InOfLouisville wrote:
KGboss wrote:
5InOfLouisville wrote:

I just started posting, so i take full responsibility for the decline of this forum, all other forums, and the internet at large.

That being said, you said brown was selfish and i disagreed. You supported your assertion by saying hes selfish because 2 other players yelled at him.

When pressed, you resorted to calling out my admittedly poor internet forum posting ability. While painfully true, it doesnt really address the question at hand.

How is brown selfish?
I watched last season clearly you didnt that's fine by me believe what you want.

Brown doesnt need you to clean his jock strap for him and he isnt worth 170 mill either

5InOfLouisville
Senior

Post#1580 » by 5InOfLouisville » Thu Sep 26, 2019 11:47 pm

KGboss wrote:
5InOfLouisville wrote:
KGboss wrote:Yokes I didnt realize there was a whole coalition of brown defenders on this forum.

How is brown selfish?
I watched last season clearly you didnt that's fine by me believe what you want.

Brown doesnt need you to clean his jock strap for him and he isnt worth 170 mill either

:( I just asked how he was selfish lol

Nobody NEEDS their jockstrap cleaned, but nba players live a life of luxury.

But when you calm down a little, maybe we can sit down and have a beer together and you can tell me some fun stories about the glory days of realgm from back before i got here and ruined it all.

:D

Return to Boston Celtics