Kenny Atkinson On Excitement Surrounding Nets: 'It's Like Real Madrid'

Moderators: bwgood77, Domejandro

RealGM Wiretap
RealGM
And1: 293

Kenny Atkinson On Excitement Surrounding Nets: 'It's Like Real Madrid' 

Post#1 » by RealGM Wiretap » Sun Sep 29, 2019 6:41 pm

Kenny Atkinson compared the excitement surrounding the Brooklyn Nets' upcoming season to a European soccer style environment.

"I noticed people outside our practice facility when you drive out. It’s like Real Madrid. I thought it was funny. There’s a different excitement with the fans," observed Atkinson.

Atkinson also noted the difference in energy from the press covering the team, highlighting the basketball discussion.

“Well, people showed up to our press conference. First year it was like crickets. I think it’s a presence. And even during camp, they were watching what we’re doing, then they’re talking to players on the side and talking about strategy. They’re hoop junkies. These guys they just want to talk basketball really."

Via Brian Lewis/New York Post

Clutch31
Sophomore
And1: 76

Re: Kenny Atkinson On Excitement Surrounding Nets: 'It's Like Real Madrid' 

Post#2 » by Clutch31 » Sun Sep 29, 2019 8:36 pm

No its not. Like not at all. Real Madrid is the biggest club in the world, that has won the most prestigious trophy more then any other club has. The media pressure is uncomparable.

The Nets is a club that has won 0 championships. Zero. No one outside of their own fans care about the Nets.

Please don't talk nonsense like this.
Years80HAWKS
Junior
And1: 42

Post#3 » by Years80HAWKS » Sun Sep 29, 2019 8:59 pm

It is like it was Trampas (RM) a few years ago... not any more...
meekrab
RealGM
And1: 8,928

Post#4 » by meekrab » Sun Sep 29, 2019 9:59 pm

It's gonna be disappointing when they miss the playoffs because their two best players are PGs who don't play defense and they're paying Durant $40 million to rehab.
Furinkazan
General Manager
And1: 3,534

Post#5 » by Furinkazan » Mon Sep 30, 2019 11:00 am

Real Madrid sucks nowadays.
Brooklyn91
Pro Prospect
And1: 840

Post#6 » by Brooklyn91 » Mon Sep 30, 2019 1:25 pm

Clutch31 wrote:No its not. Like not at all. Real Madrid is the biggest club in the world, that has won the most prestigious trophy more then any other club has. The media pressure is uncomparable.

The Nets is a club that has won 0 championships. Zero. No one outside of their own fans care about the Nets.

Dog, your a pacers fan. Last time you won a championship, Michael Jackson was still doing the robot. Stop talking, like now
Scalabrine
RealGM
And1: 7,335

Post#7 » by Scalabrine » Mon Sep 30, 2019 2:21 pm

Brooklyn91 wrote:
Clutch31 wrote:No its not. Like not at all. Real Madrid is the biggest club in the world, that has won the most prestigious trophy more then any other club has. The media pressure is uncomparable.

Dog, your a pacers fan. Last time you won a championship, Michael Jackson was still doing the robot. Stop talking, like now

Just because he's a fan of a team that hasn't won a championship in a while doesn't make his opinion matter less. By that logic, you shouldn't be talking either if youre a Nets fans... because they've never won anything.
Go Knicks!
andyjinkim
Freshman
And1: 5

Post#8 » by andyjinkim » Mon Sep 30, 2019 4:28 pm

pretty sure he's exaggerating dude..lol
Brooklyn91
Pro Prospect

Post#9 » by Brooklyn91 » Mon Sep 30, 2019 5:36 pm

Scalabrine wrote:
Brooklyn91 wrote:

Just because he's a fan of a team that hasn't won a championship in a while doesn't make his opinion matter less. By that logic, you shouldn't be talking either if youre a Nets fans... because they've never won anything.

Except he’s the one talking down on us, so yeah I can talk because who the heck are you to say who should y’all and who shouldn’t
Scalabrine
RealGM

Post#10 » by Scalabrine » Mon Sep 30, 2019 5:44 pm

Brooklyn91 wrote:
Scalabrine wrote:
Brooklyn91 wrote:Dog, your a pacers fan. Last time you won a championship, Michael Jackson was still doing the robot. Stop talking, like now

Except he’s the one talking down on us, so yeah I can talk because who the heck are you to say who should y’all and who shouldn’t

Just want to point out that you were the one to tell someone to stop talking because their team has never won anything. Do you not see the irony there? Noone else said anything about who should and shouldn't talk but you!

I guess my question is... "who the heck are you"?
Go Knicks!
Brooklyn91
Pro Prospect

Post#11 » by Brooklyn91 » Mon Sep 30, 2019 5:47 pm

Scalabrine wrote:
Brooklyn91 wrote:
Scalabrine wrote:

Just want to point out that you were the one to tell someone to stop talking because their team has never won anything. Do you not see the irony there? Noone else said anything about who should and shouldn't talk but you!

Cause he’s talking about MY TEAM, not the other way around, so yes I’m gonna respond and ask who is a pacers fan to talk down on a nets fan when the pacers are barely achievered themselves? Take your cape off and mind your business
Scalabrine
RealGM

Post#12 » by Scalabrine » Mon Sep 30, 2019 6:05 pm

Brooklyn91 wrote:
Scalabrine wrote:
Brooklyn91 wrote:

Cause he’s talking about MY TEAM, not the other way around, so yes I’m gonna respond and ask who is a pacers fan to talk down on a nets fan when the pacers are barely achievered themselves? Take your cape off and mind your business

Stop acting like a spoiled child. You're talking in a public forum, everyone has the right to say whatever they want...if you don't like that then take your ball and go play somewhere else.
Go Knicks!
Brooklyn91
Pro Prospect

Post#13 » by Brooklyn91 » Mon Sep 30, 2019 7:33 pm

Scalabrine wrote:
Brooklyn91 wrote:
Scalabrine wrote:

Stop acting like a spoiled child. You're talking in a public forum, everyone has the right to say whatever they want...if you don't like that then take your ball and go play somewhere else.

Fool please,Stop being a dummy. He dissed my team, I defended my team. Plain and simple. You over here talking about “don’t say such and such” and who has a right, as if someone asked you. mind your business clown

And why am I just now seeing your a knicks fan. Figures. Always inserting themselves in knicks business instead of worrying about not being a GARBAGE squad which is why the stars went to BK in the first place.

Pick your ball up and go give it to people who can win more than 17 games

WARNING: Don't resort to personal insults; keep discussions above-board and on-topic.
-Sammy
Scalabrine
RealGM

Post#14 » by Scalabrine » Tue Oct 1, 2019 4:53 am

Brooklyn91 wrote:
Scalabrine wrote:
Brooklyn91 wrote:

Fool please,Stop being a dummy. He dissed my team, I defended my team. Plain and simple. You over here talking about “don’t say such and such” and who has a right, as if someone asked you. mind your business clown

And why am I just now seeing your a knicks fan. Figures. Always inserting themselves in knicks business instead of worrying about not being a GARBAGE squad which is why the stars went to BK in the first place.

Still won more championships than "your team". Not like you've been a fan of them for more than a season or two likely seeing as you write like at 12 year old so how should you know...
Go Knicks!
Brooklyn91
Pro Prospect

Post#15 » by Brooklyn91 » Tue Oct 1, 2019 7:35 am

Scalabrine wrote:
Brooklyn91 wrote:
Scalabrine wrote:

Still won more championships than "your team". Not like you've been a fan of them for more than a season or two likely seeing as you write like at 12 year old so how should you know...

Chances are you weren’t alive to see those rings so who cares? We have been better than you for 2 decades and will be for another decade. Stick your nose into that instead of worrying about what a “12 year old” think.

Return to Wiretap Discussion