Marc Gasol: Raptors Are 'Hungry'

Moderators: bwgood77, Domejandro

RealGM Wiretap
RealGM
And1: 292

Marc Gasol: Raptors Are 'Hungry' 

Post#1 » by RealGM Wiretap » Sat Sep 28, 2019 10:39 pm

Marc Gasol said that the Toronto Raptors were eager to prove how good they could be without Kawhi Leonard.

"If I had to express it in one word, I would say 'hungry. I think it's a very hungry team. We all understand what Kawhi meant to the team and how well he played in the playoffs. But we also understand how good we can be as a team, said Gasol.

Nick Nurse added that Pascal Siakam will be given a chance to expand his playmaking game this upcoming season.

"He's going to be given a great chance, a great opportunity here to really expand his role and his game. There's going to be lots of opportunity for him to have the ball," added Nurse.

Masai Ujiri said earlier this week that the Raptors are looking to keep Siakam for the long-term

Via ESPN

RonaldArtest
General Manager
And1: 12,531

Re: Marc Gasol: Raptors Are 'Hungry' 

Post#2 » by RonaldArtest » Sun Sep 29, 2019 12:45 am

Folks are sleeping on the Raps this year, they’re gonna be a top 3 RS team in the east if Siakam adapts well to being a first option.
Psubs
RealGM
And1: 10,633

Post#3 » by Psubs » Sun Sep 29, 2019 2:29 pm

Milwaukee lost Brogdon, which will be huge. Philly lost Redick and Butler but got way bigger. We shall see if they got slower too.

Raptors can battle for the #1 seed in the East. Win in the 1st round. If they get #1 should be able to handle Indiana or Boston. Then just stay healthy, play great defense and hit shots (like FVV).
SeanDaRyan
Junior
And1: 130

Post#4 » by SeanDaRyan » Sun Sep 29, 2019 4:28 pm

Raps are still better then philly. We’ll be chasing the Bucks for the #1. But we just don’t have the KL\Giannis superstar anymore it takes to win it all.
Cookin Baskets
Sixth Man
And1: 265

Post#5 » by Cookin Baskets » Mon Sep 30, 2019 3:55 am

Yea they are falling down. I'm reading comments in here they are going to fight for the number 1 seed :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: and that is just wishful thinking at best my friends. Which is appropriate as the season has started. Best time to dream. but...I'm seeing Raptors will be fighting for homecourt realistically 4-6 seed sort of team. This could be generous too.

Everyone reads that Marc Gasol says that Raptors are hungry and starts drinking the kool aid. They lost an mvp type player you don't just keep going without skipping a beat. They will be worse no doubt, the question is how much worse?
I don't think I Trust The Process anymore! :banghead:
We are the originals! We are the Philadelphia 76ers!
Cookin Baskets
Sixth Man

Post#6 » by Cookin Baskets » Mon Sep 30, 2019 3:58 am

SeanDaRyan wrote:Raps are still better then philly. We’ll be chasing the Bucks for the #1. But we just don’t have the KL\Giannis superstar anymore it takes to win it all.

Says the raptors fan. Replied by the 76ers fan. 8-)

No way :lol: :lol: :lol:

8-)

You needed this to beat us.

Well that dude is gone.
hype_2004
RealGM
And1: 4,663

Post#7 » by hype_2004 » Mon Sep 30, 2019 5:25 pm

Psubs wrote:Milwaukee lost Brogdon, which will be huge. Philly lost Redick and Butler but got way bigger. We shall see if they got slower too.

Raptors can battle for the #1 seed in the East. Win in the 1st round. If they get #1 should be able to handle Indiana or Boston. Then just stay healthy, play great defense and hit shots (like FVV).

I don't care what anyone says losing Reddick and Butler is absolutely huge for the sixers. You got 2 top playoff performer gone, one is a sharpshooter that hits big shots the other a playmaker that can also hit big shots under pressure. They got an aging Horford to show for it, unless Simmons improve his shooting this team is not going anywhere next year
hype_2004
RealGM
And1: 4,663

Post#8 » by hype_2004 » Mon Sep 30, 2019 5:26 pm

Cookin Baskets wrote:
SeanDaRyan wrote:Raps are still better then philly. We’ll be chasing the Bucks for the #1. But we just don’t have the KL\Giannis superstar anymore it takes to win it all.

8-)

Well that dude is gone.

You lost Reddick and Butler who was absolutely huge in the playoffs with clutch shots, series would've been a sweep without those guys, lol.
Cookin Baskets
Sixth Man

Post#9 » by Cookin Baskets » Tue Oct 1, 2019 2:59 am

hype_2004 wrote:
Cookin Baskets wrote:

8-)

Well that dude is gone.

You lost Reddick and Butler who was absolutely huge in the playoffs with clutch shots, series would've been a sweep without those guys, lol.

Yea you lost your best player we didn't so yea keep thinking that. :crazy:
SeanDaRyan
Junior
And1: 130

Post#10 » by SeanDaRyan » Tue Oct 1, 2019 5:49 am

Cookin Baskets wrote:
hype_2004 wrote:
Cookin Baskets wrote:

8-)

Well that dude is gone.

Philly could be the worst 3pt shooting team in the NBA now. Weakkkk team. Go have a wiz with
nikster
RealGM
And1: 11,828

Post#11 » by nikster » Tue Oct 1, 2019 12:19 pm

Cookin Baskets wrote:
hype_2004 wrote:
Cookin Baskets wrote:

8-)

Well that dude is gone.

You lost the player that lead you in points and assists in that series, and the only one who could create any offense in the 4th quarter.

That said I think Philly is better than the Raps this year. Just can’t see them getting their offense going against phillys D
Cookin Baskets
Sixth Man

Post#12 » by Cookin Baskets » Wed Oct 2, 2019 6:27 pm

nikster wrote:
Cookin Baskets wrote:
hype_2004 wrote:

You lost the player that lead you in points and assists in that series, and the only one who could create any offense in the 4th quarter.

That said I think Philly is better than the Raps this year. Just can’t see them getting their offense going against phillys D

Yea I'm not going to disagree with your facts however Embiid is in better shape and Josh Richardson could be a steal and he can shoot the three. Richardson shot his best clip last year from 3. Harris can shoot threes too. Simmons could very well improve this year too. Reddick couldn't play any d and we added Horford as a defensive presence. Scoring late and 3 pt shooting could very well be an issue. I will also not front I was disappointed by their offseason, but their is no way the raptors are better then 76ers without leonard.

Return to Wiretap Discussion