Nuggets' broadcast issues

Moderator: THE J0KER

skywalker33
Nuggets Forum Mock Draft Champ
And1: 5,255

Re: Nuggets' broadcast issues 

Post#21 » by skywalker33 » Sun Oct 6, 2019 8:01 pm

NuggetsWY wrote:Dish just settled with Fox Sports

So, does that help Altitude viewers at all ??
Texas Chuck wrote:I'd like to see Utah, and Denver lose

Exactly as I've been saying all along !!
NuggetsWY
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 4,056

Post#22 » by NuggetsWY » Sun Oct 6, 2019 8:12 pm

skywalker33 wrote:
NuggetsWY wrote:Dish just settled with Fox Sports

So, does that help Altitude viewers at all ??

Maybe, it adds some pressure anyway. "If Dish can settle with Fox ... " It removes one "support" from Altitude's whining.
TunaFish
Head Coach
And1: 5,781

Post#23 » by TunaFish » Sun Oct 6, 2019 8:14 pm

Great news for football fans with Fox but Nuggets' fans are still on hold and wondering when the blackout will end. I have Direct TV and am out of market but I can't say for sure that I will be able to see any games (except by perhaps opponent broadcast teams). Local folks are in a worse predicament.

There is a theory being thrown out that KSE may let this drag out to put pressure on cable/satellite providers. I hope not. There must be a huge gap in settlement proposals for the Avs home opener to not be broadcast.
Canned in Denver.
NuggetsWY
Retired Mod
Retired Mod

Post#24 » by NuggetsWY » Sun Oct 6, 2019 10:25 pm

TunaFish wrote:Great news for football fans with Fox but Nuggets' fans are still on hold and wondering when the blackout will end. I have Direct TV and am out of market but I can't say for sure that I will be able to see any games (except by perhaps opponent broadcast teams). Local folks are in a worse predicament.

There is a theory being thrown out that KSE may let this drag out to put pressure on cable/satellite providers. I hope not. There must be a huge gap in settlement proposals for the Avs home opener to not be broadcast.

Even worse for me; I'm almost 100 miles away and in another state but the NBA says I am "local".
psimanic1
Starter
And1: 1,171

Post#25 » by psimanic1 » Mon Oct 7, 2019 9:50 am

There are streams always, soo...
NuggetsWY
Retired Mod
Retired Mod

Post#26 » by NuggetsWY » Mon Oct 7, 2019 10:15 am

psimanic1 wrote:There are streams always, soo...

Yeah, I don't know much about that, but I'll be learning. :nod:
Powder Blue
Analyst
And1: 642

Post#27 » by Powder Blue » Wed Oct 9, 2019 12:24 am

Tuna you should be able to see the Nuggets on League Pass since you aren't local, does cost more though.

NuggetsWY that's crazy that they block you out as "local" 100 miles away. If you can figure out how to be a forum mod you should easily be able to search engine your way into a quality Nuggets stream. At least tonight they're on ESPN.
THE J0KER
Forum Mod - Nuggets
Forum Mod - Nuggets
And1: 6,515

Post#28 » by THE J0KER » Thu Oct 10, 2019 8:18 am

Altitude Sports Announces Denver Nuggets 2019-20 Broadcast Schedule

But 10 days before start of the season, the problem is still not solved.
The Rebel
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 11,338

Post#29 » by The Rebel » Sat Oct 19, 2019 1:35 am

KDVR will be showing the Nuggets opener on channel 20 in Denver. No news on much further other than they are at least talking.

https://www.nba.com/nuggets/news/altitude-tv-broadcast-nuggets-home-opener-ktvd-101819
skywalker33

Post#30 » by skywalker33 » Sat Oct 19, 2019 1:39 am

Hearing that DISH is getting close, should put pressure on the other two.

Also, isn't ESPN broadcasting game two for the Nuggets ??

TunaFish
Head Coach

Post#31 » by TunaFish » Sat Oct 19, 2019 1:46 pm

I believe the first game of the season in Portland is on ESPN. The home opener is on local broadcast TV, second game of the season.

After that, who knows.
Canned in Denver.
Lala870
Starter
And1: 1,455

Post#32 » by Lala870 » Sun Oct 20, 2019 9:04 pm

Ive been out of the loop on this mainly because I'm pretty much done watching the NBA but LOL...altitude was the only thing worth a dam on comcast when I had it.

It really is not worth it anymore to pay for premium cable / sat TV. I dropped comcast a few months ago and sounds like just in time :lol:
Al Harrington is my inspiration for weed entrepreneurship!
TunaFish
Head Coach

Post#33 » by TunaFish » Tue Oct 22, 2019 2:45 am

Lala870 wrote:Ive been out of the loop on this mainly because I'm pretty much done watching the NBA but LOL...altitude was the only thing worth a dam on comcast when I had it.

It really is not worth it anymore to pay for premium cable / sat TV. I dropped comcast a few months ago and sounds like just in time :lol:

If you are a Nugget's fan, this is a bad year to not have TV access.
Canned in Denver.
Maf
Starter
And1: 868

Post#34 » by Maf » Thu Oct 24, 2019 7:36 pm

Sorry to hear that, guys. As Europian I am not going to wake up at 3AM to watch NBA so I do my best to avoid knowing the result and watch the game after coming home from work. If you want to send some links where you can watch the games couple of hours later BUT FREE let me know by PM.
"I never played a game sober, unfortunately" - Keon Clark

"I've never drunk alcohol socially. I've never took cocain socially. I've never smoked anything socially. I did all of this... to got **** up!" - Ozzy Osbourne
TunaFish
Head Coach

Post#35 » by TunaFish » Sat Oct 26, 2019 12:12 am

I'll be watching the Suns' broadcast and regretting that it's the Suns' broadcast. At least I can see it. Hopefully during the local broadcast there will be some information about future broadcasts and I would love to see a resolution. Maybe that's too hopeful.
Canned in Denver.
skywalker33

Post#36 » by skywalker33 » Sat Oct 26, 2019 4:12 am

Well, I figured I'd voice my dissatisfaction with the whole situation. I know I can't change the negotiations between Comcast and Altitude, but I can influence Comcast by my financial contributions. I still get the Regional Sports fee but I did get my $8 a month fee reduced to $6.75 plus a get a $40 credit. If 100,000 Nuggets/Av fans do this, that'd be a chunk of income, perhaps that will make a difference. I plan to wait to Thanksgiving and if things haven't change, I'll reduce my services even more with them.

NuggetsWY
Retired Mod
Retired Mod

Post#37 » by NuggetsWY » Sat Oct 26, 2019 8:10 am

The good news is: I like the Jazz and I'll get all 82 of their games.
My Dish package is as low as I can go without losing any more NBA games.

Here's hoping all the Nuggets/Avalanche sponsors start pulling their ads, since they've lost a major portion of their viewers.
The Rebel
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 11,338

Post#38 » by The Rebel » Sat Oct 26, 2019 1:51 pm

skywalker33 wrote:Well, I figured I'd voice my dissatisfaction with the whole situation. I know I can't change the negotiations between Comcast and Altitude, but I can influence Comcast by my financial contributions. I still get the Regional Sports fee but I did get my $8 a month fee reduced to $6.75 plus a get a $40 credit. If 100,000 Nuggets/Av fans do this, that'd be a chunk of income, perhaps that will make a difference. I plan to wait to Thanksgiving and if things haven't change, I'll reduce my services even more with them.

I got a $75 credit from Directv when I called to lower my package and told them I would be canceling in a month if they did not have altitude back. I know we cannot do it on our own, but the more people that call and complain the better chance we have that they will get this deal done.
TunaFish
Head Coach

Post#39 » by TunaFish » Tue Oct 29, 2019 6:00 pm

The Rebel wrote:
skywalker33 wrote:Well, I figured I'd voice my dissatisfaction with the whole situation. I know I can't change the negotiations between Comcast and Altitude, but I can influence Comcast by my financial contributions. I still get the Regional Sports fee but I did get my $8 a month fee reduced to $6.75 plus a get a $40 credit. If 100,000 Nuggets/Av fans do this, that'd be a chunk of income, perhaps that will make a difference. I plan to wait to Thanksgiving and if things haven't change, I'll reduce my services even more with them.

I got a $75 credit from Directv when I called to lower my package and told them I would be canceling in a month if they did not have altitude back. I know we cannot do it on our own, but the more people that call and complain the better chance we have that they will get this deal done.

Unfortunately for me, I live so far into the woods that my wife would not be too happy about canceling Directv. Besides, at least I get to see the opponent's broadcast. It's a bitter pill as I hate the opponent's broadcast and miss Altitude's. I would be really unhappy if I had to rely on streams that are spotty and drop easily. When we we play Toronto I will have to stream as there is no Canadian broadcast in the U.S.

I see the point that KSE is raising that they are not getting the same rate as Fox (not denied). It appears that there may be a concerted effort to end team generated broadcasts. I hope Stan has a rabbit to pull out.
Canned in Denver.
NuggetsWY
Retired Mod
Retired Mod

Post#40 » by NuggetsWY » Wed Oct 30, 2019 1:06 am

Dish seems to be giving me lots of other NBA games that I don't usually get. It's not bad and I can get the Nuggets games through streaming. It's not as good but it'll do.

Return to Denver Nuggets