How do you feel about Lakers tweeting warning to NBA after embarrassing the Warriors

Moderators: ken6199, Dirk, bisme37, KingDavid, bwgood77, zimpy27, cupcakesnake, Domejandro, infinite11285, Harry Garris

Joerezz7
Sixth Man
And1: 1,505

How do you feel about Lakers tweeting warning to NBA after embarrassing the Warriors 

Post#1 » by Joerezz7 » Sun Oct 6, 2019 11:27 pm

I know a lot of people gonna say “it’s preseason” but the Lakers seem to have taken this serious. They embarrassed the Warriors and then sent a warning tweet to the entire NBA

https://www.nbcsports.com/bayarea/warriors/lakers-send-warning-tweet-nba-after-crushing-warriors-preseason
GeorgeMarcus wrote:
GeorgeMarcus wrote:

There is nothing inherently different about winning in the Finals compared to winning other playoff seriess,
amcoolio
Hornets Forum John Hancock
And1: 9,238

Re: How do you feel about Lakers tweeting warning to NBA after embarrassing the Warriors 

Post#2 » by amcoolio » Sun Oct 6, 2019 11:28 pm

I feel: Who cares and I'm already sick of the Lakers
I don't support domestic violence. Thanks Miles
levon
RealGM
And1: 23,189

Re: How do you feel about Lakers tweeting warning to NBA after embarrassing the Warriors 

Post#3 » by levon » Sun Oct 6, 2019 11:31 pm

amcoolio wrote:I feel: Who cares and I'm already sick of the Lakers

I'm a Lakers fan and this board's obsession with them and Kobe makes me **** exhausted
Black Mage
Lead Assistant
And1: 4,580

Post#4 » by Black Mage » Sun Oct 6, 2019 11:35 pm

Given all the losing they've done the last decade you have to let them have some fun when they finally get a winning record... Just remember, they threw a title parade after Lonzo won the summer league title.
clyde21
RealGM
And1: 69,197

Post#5 » by clyde21 » Sun Oct 6, 2019 11:35 pm

lol we really doing this after one preseason game huh
BloodNinja
Analyst
And1: 5,599

Post#6 » by BloodNinja » Sun Oct 6, 2019 11:35 pm

It's cringey which fits LeBron and Co perfectly.
axeman23
Analyst
And1: 3,084

Post#7 » by axeman23 » Sun Oct 6, 2019 11:37 pm

Good win, but it's pre-season. Also, these Warriors aren't the Warriors from the last few years, with no Durant or Klay.
spikeslovechild
RealGM
And1: 5,990

Post#8 » by spikeslovechild » Sun Oct 6, 2019 11:38 pm

Joerezz7 wrote:I know a lot of people gonna say “it’s preseason” but the Lakers seem to have taken this serious. They embarrassed the Warriors and then sent a warning tweet to the entire NBA

https://www.nbcsports.com/bayarea/warriors/lakers-send-warning-tweet-nba-after-crushing-warriors-preseason

Just because they took the preseason game seriously doesn't mean the the Warriors did.

It sort of reminds me of the Browns and Lions both who went 4-0 in the preseason only to go onto 0-16 seasons. Not that the Lakers are a bad team but when you sort of break it down individually of who they need to play well to make a run next year namely two of Rondo, Bradley, Pope, Caruso, Green prove themselves to be starter quality. The jury is still out. Green can maybe hold down one spot though people look at last year as his career and what he will be moving forward instead of it being just one year aberration. I like Caruso but is he a 25-30 min guy in the NBA.

The questions are still there. All the final score shows is your g-leaguers are better then their g-leaguers you have to drill down to individual performances and concerns to sort of do any sort of seasonal outlook.
kodo
RealGM
And1: 13,263

Post#9 » by kodo » Sun Oct 6, 2019 11:39 pm

The "warning" tweet was probably written by nobody important on the Lakers, player or FO. This is usually just a fanboy who works as social media for the PR/marketing dept.
Mikistan
RealGM
And1: 38,387

Post#10 » by Mikistan » Sun Oct 6, 2019 11:39 pm

They beat the nba finals losers... What is there to warn?
Bird4Three
Pro Prospect
And1: 1,515

Post#11 » by Bird4Three » Sun Oct 6, 2019 11:41 pm

Charlotte about to issue similar warning after beating the Celtics in a preseason game.
GusT15
Bench Warmer
And1: 3,272

Post#12 » by GusT15 » Sun Oct 6, 2019 11:43 pm

clyde21 wrote:lol we really doing this after one preseason game huh

Well,the Lakers twitter team/dude is obviously going to do this after one preseason game cause it's their job to hype and warm the fans for the upcoming season.

WE don't have to do this,but apparently,we're doing it either way.
:dontknow:
GQ Hot Dog
General Manager
And1: 5,016

Post#13 » by GQ Hot Dog » Sun Oct 6, 2019 11:44 pm

Joerezz7 wrote:I know a lot of people gonna say “it’s preseason” but the Lakers seem to have taken this serious. They embarrassed the Warriors and then sent a warning tweet to the entire NBA

Obvious troll is obvious.

We weren't embarrassed for the following reasons:

1. It's preseason when the coaching staff experiments with new schemes and novel personnel combinations.

2. Our 3 best players played fewer than 19 minutes each.

3. Our starting and backup centers are both injured, leaving us with a 2nd year guy, picked 30th overall in last year's draft and someone that won't even make the roster.

4. The 5 guys that played the most minutes are all in their 1st or 2nd season.

5. Why are you so intent on going out of your way to denigrate, discredit and undermine the Warriors?
The hottest of takes...
Jester_ wrote:Hot take: Moses Moody shows the potential to be a star/#2 option ala Lauri Markkanen. Both the eye test and the advanced stats show a player with extremely high slope.
God Squad
RealGM
And1: 10,184

Post#14 » by God Squad » Sun Oct 6, 2019 11:45 pm

Who cares about a tweet? Anyways they looked good. Lebron and Davis are gonna be legit. They mesh well.
bisme37
Forum Mod - Celtics
Forum Mod - Celtics
And1: 56,577

Post#15 » by bisme37 » Sun Oct 6, 2019 11:45 pm

I was impressed by the Lakers last night. They looked really big and physical and just plain good. But it surely helped that the Dubs were without Looney and Cauley-Stein to counter AD and Javale. And no Klay, or KD, Iggy, Livingston, etc. So It's not like beating them is a major feat at the moment and something to brag about on the internet imo.

I don't care too much for the tweet but it's sports and trash talking is part of the deal. Just as long as they don't mind people digging the tweet up later in the year if/when things start going badly.
Joker
RealGM
And1: 7,262

Post#16 » by Joker » Sun Oct 6, 2019 11:47 pm

Imagine what a statement game it would’ve been if the lakers beat the raptors in pre-season with Kyle Lowry out for most of the year with an acl tear.
Hindenburg
Head Coach
And1: 13,854

Post#17 » by Hindenburg » Sun Oct 6, 2019 11:48 pm

Weird to see it from the NBA team's official twitter. It's like something a troll would post here.
geezr714
Junior
And1: 481

Post#18 » by geezr714 » Sun Oct 6, 2019 11:50 pm

I think the media team is just trying to hype the casual fans up, nothing more nothing less.
GeorgeMarcus
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 23,049

Post#19 » by GeorgeMarcus » Sun Oct 6, 2019 11:50 pm

The Warriors with neither of their top Cs (or Klay)... in PRESEASON

Come on OP. Your takes on the Warriors are, as you say, embarrassing.
The Legend of George Marcus

"Where I'm from, bullies get bullied." - Zach Randolph
Ado05
RealGM
And1: 5,931

Post#20 » by Ado05 » Sun Oct 6, 2019 11:51 pm

Lakers really trigger some people lol

I feel nothing about this tweet. Why would I?

Return to The General Board