ImageImageImageImageImage

Davis should start

Moderators: HiJiNX, niQ, Morris_Shatford, DG88, Reeko, lebron stopper, 7 Footer, Duffman100

NotMyKawhi
Lead Assistant
And1: 5,025

Davis should start 

Post#1 » by NotMyKawhi » Tue Oct 8, 2019 12:24 pm

both Davis and Thomas could be huge for our rebuild. both signed long term on minimum contracts.

If these guys become NBA players not only is their trade value high but they help us in Free agency since they don't make anything. I think one of these guys will end up starting at SG this season.

Matt thomas will stretch the floor, Davis give Defense and energy. Yall will laugh now but I see it with Davis. He's a legit athlete
malachii
Senior
And1: 136

Re: Thomas and Davis 

Post#2 » by malachii » Tue Oct 8, 2019 12:32 pm

Just watched the pre-season game, and I agree that both looked good, but David especially. He was great, and I think he may end up starting at the end of the season, but it's probably just pre-season talking. Thomas looked pretty good too - defence was not as bad as some made it out to be. He'll be situational though, but will have a consistent role I think.
SHFT
Head Coach
And1: 4,956

Post#3 » by SHFT » Tue Oct 8, 2019 12:50 pm

Was only able to catch parts of the 2nd half but looking at the box score, Norm seemed to have a good game. What about his night makes you think he isnt the guy?

Sent from my LG-H915 using RealGM mobile app
Johnny Bball
RealGM
And1: 48,643

Post#4 » by Johnny Bball » Tue Oct 8, 2019 1:01 pm

SHFT wrote:Was only able to catch parts of the 2nd half but looking at the box score, Norm seemed to have a good game. What about his night makes you think he isnt the guy?

You can’t tell everyone you’re a genius if you pick the incumbent.
Boogie!
RealGM
And1: 52,778
Location: Ba da da da daaaaaa. If you build it, they will come!

Post#5 » by Boogie! » Tue Oct 8, 2019 1:05 pm

SHFT wrote:Was only able to catch parts of the 2nd half but looking at the box score, Norm seemed to have a good game. What about his night makes you think he isnt the guy?

Because people dont know what they're watching.

Norm is way ahead of any of the other scrubs fighting for minutes. No one wants to like norm. They'd rather get hyped for guys like og because the media forcefeeds a narrative. To be fair even nurse doesn't realize what he has. It's crazy to me man. Norm shows up in big playoff games, already has had a polished wing skillset, has great physical tools, is consistently a good teammate and hard worker, has been with the team for a while and still has to fight for minutes with mccaw.

Mccaw is so raw compared to norm but people get hyped because of a few defensive possessions. Twilight zone stuff to me. It s the same thing with og. Such a limited player garnering so much hype. Give the players thtt can actually play some guaranteed minutes please. Stop making them "earn" it against clearly Inferior players.
mdenny wrote:In anycase....Masai is probably gonna make Fred the first active player/head coach in franchise history now that Nurse is out of the way. That's been the plan all along.
NotMyKawhi
Lead Assistant

Post#6 » by NotMyKawhi » Tue Oct 8, 2019 1:06 pm

He is what he is....actually would start him at SF. OG is def not the guy. My top 10 would be

Lowry
Thomas
Norm
Pascal
Gasol

FVV
Davis
OG
RHJ
Ibaka
sbsat
Lead Assistant
And1: 5,635

Post#7 » by sbsat » Tue Oct 8, 2019 1:10 pm

Johnny Bball wrote:

You can’t tell everyone you’re a genius if you pick the incumbent.

This is so accurate
Asif16
RealGM
And1: 27,437

Post#8 » by Asif16 » Tue Oct 8, 2019 1:10 pm

Davis is so versatile.

He can Defend, Score, Handle, Rebound, Shoot pretty well....this dude is gonna be a key role player for us
SHFT
Head Coach
And1: 4,956

Post#9 » by SHFT » Tue Oct 8, 2019 1:21 pm

NotMyKawhi wrote:

He is what he is....actually would start him at SF. OG is def not the guy. My top 10 would be

Lowry
Thomas
Norm
Pascal
Gasol

FVV
Davis
OG
RHJ
Ibaka

What does that even mean lol. What about his night makes you think he is better suited for a 3 over a 2? Norm has historically shown he is not an NBA SF.
T-d0t
General Manager
And1: 12,914

Post#10 » by T-d0t » Tue Oct 8, 2019 1:28 pm

Would start Davis and bring Thomas off the bench. Powell is a bench 2.
RonaldArtest
General Manager
And1: 12,531

Post#11 » by RonaldArtest » Tue Oct 8, 2019 1:31 pm

malachii wrote:Just watched the pre-season game, and I agree that both looked good, but David especially. He was great, and I think he may end up starting at the end of the season, but it's probably just pre-season talking. Thomas looked pretty good too - defence was not as bad as some made it out to be. He'll be situational though, but will have a consistent role I think.

Agreed, I’ve said before that it feels like TD will carve out a role this year. If Norm flops on his chance Davis is a utility knife kind of guard who can help impact the game offensively by doing more than just hitting open shots.
NotMyKawhi
Lead Assistant

Post#12 » by NotMyKawhi » Tue Oct 8, 2019 1:32 pm

SHFT wrote:
NotMyKawhi wrote:

Lowry
Thomas
Norm
Pascal
Gasol

FVV
Davis
OG
RHJ
Ibaka

What does that even mean lol. What about his night makes you think he is better suited for a 3 over a 2? Norm has historically shown he is not an NBA SF.

It means we know his ceiling. And norm is just a 3 due to us not having anyone else that can fill the role. We suck on the wing and anyone denying this is crazy. We lost our starting sG and sf. Its obvious

we're deep at PG and Bigs but our wings are below average at best
Reeko
Forum Mod - Raptors
Forum Mod - Raptors
And1: 32,888

Post#13 » by Reeko » Tue Oct 8, 2019 1:36 pm

It is going to be beautiful to watch the ball get kicked out to Matt Thomas and just know in your heart of hearts that the ball is going in. No anxiety, no desperation just a calm confidence that we are about to get 3 more points on the board.
Clay Davis wrote:COMPOSED ONLY OF THE COOLEST WOMEN AND THE HOTTEST GUYS, THE TORONTO RAPTORS REALGM BOARD HAS LONG BEEN KNOWN FOR ITS HIGH-QUALITY DISCUSSION, PASSIONATE LOYALTY, TEMPERATE CELEBRATIONS OF VICTORY, AND GRACE IN DEFEAT.
Harcore Fenton Mun
RealGM
And1: 7,722

Post#14 » by Harcore Fenton Mun » Tue Oct 8, 2019 1:40 pm

Davis looks like the real deal. If Denver didn't have Porter already, we wouldn't have got him.

He's basically Terrence Ross. He can shoot, dunk, drive with ok handles...he's good.
Johnny Bball
RealGM

Post#15 » by Johnny Bball » Tue Oct 8, 2019 1:41 pm

Norm is 6’ 3” and starting him at SF is waiving the white flag on the entire season already. He may start at SG, but SF isn’t happening.
Johnny Bball
RealGM

Post#16 » by Johnny Bball » Tue Oct 8, 2019 1:46 pm

Boogie! wrote:

Because people dont know what they're watching.

Norm is way ahead of any of the other scrubs fighting for minutes. No one wants to like norm. They'd rather get hyped for guys like og because the media forcefeeds a narrative. To be fair even nurse doesn't realize what he has. It's crazy to me man. Norm shows up in big playoff games, already has had a polished wing skillset, has great physical tools, is consistently a good teammate and hard worker, has been with the team for a while and still has to fight for minutes with mccaw.

Mccaw is so raw compared to norm but people get hyped because of a few defensive possessions. Twilight zone stuff to me. It s the same thing with og. Such a limited player garnering so much hype. Give the players thtt can actually play some guaranteed minutes please. Stop making them "earn" it against clearly Inferior players.

The media isn’t swarming OG and calling him great, so you can stop with the imaginary stuff. Nobody is hyping McCaw lmao. The only force fed narrative or slant we get about OG is yours.
StopitLeo
RealGM
And1: 6,605

Post#17 » by StopitLeo » Tue Oct 8, 2019 1:56 pm

Harcore Fenton Mun wrote:Davis looks like the real deal. If Denver didn't have Porter already, we wouldn't have got him.

He's basically Terrence Ross. He can shoot, dunk, drive with ok handles...he's good.

Davis has that internal drive to get better, which is something Ross lacks. Davis also looks to be a better defender despite the 3D label people stuck on Ross.
RaptorsNorth
RealGM
And1: 13,757

Post#18 » by RaptorsNorth » Tue Oct 8, 2019 2:06 pm

Lowry is going to make Thomas and Davis even better because he's now a Pass first PG. If Davis develops a consistence 3 it's over.
“Elephant in the room : Nick Thibodeau” Board member seanbig :lol: :lol: :lol:

"THEY'RE SAYING US AND GOLDEN STATE ARE THE SUPER TEAMS" Knicks PG Derrick Rose :lol:
TDotAllStar
Sophomore
And1: 256

Post#19 » by TDotAllStar » Tue Oct 8, 2019 2:07 pm

NotMyKawhi wrote:

Lowry
Thomas
Norm
Pascal
Gasol

FVV
Davis
OG
RHJ
Ibaka

This looks good but I think Boucher needs to be utilized, maybe instead of RHJ. He’d add much needed shooting to the second unit
RaptorsNorth
RealGM
And1: 13,757

Post#20 » by RaptorsNorth » Tue Oct 8, 2019 2:09 pm

What happened with Hernandez today :lol:
“Elephant in the room : Nick Thibodeau” Board member seanbig :lol: :lol: :lol:

"THEY'RE SAYING US AND GOLDEN STATE ARE THE SUPER TEAMS" Knicks PG Derrick Rose :lol:

Return to Toronto Raptors