2002 White/Purple Home
6%

Total votes: 180

Buck Dweller
Starter
And1: 988

Re: BUCKS UNIFORM THREAD 

Post#101 » by Buck Dweller » Mon Oct 7, 2019 8:58 pm

The deer head was tacky and oversized as it was. Whose idea was it to then cram the rainbow in there? Corporations are invariably awful at branding.
blazza18
RealGM
And1: 26,562

Post#102 » by blazza18 » Mon Oct 7, 2019 9:02 pm

It really is a shame how highly they think of the Bucks' head.

Wonder if we'll ever get a simple cursive Milwaukee on the front?
Baddy Chuck wrote:I want to win but I also love chaos.
BJ Sandered
Starter
And1: 1,793

Post#103 » by BJ Sandered » Mon Oct 7, 2019 9:04 pm

Matches Malone wrote:Big swing and a miss. Those are gross. Should have just kept it simple. Black jersey with cream trim and some cursive scrip in cream of Milwaukee on the front. I'm sick of the big deer head too.

Agreed. I'm not a fan of the logo in general. I even prefer the previous "deer in headlights" and I don't really care for that logo either.
Baddy Chuck wrote:Some heroes wear headbands instead of capes.
DavidDunn21
Sixth Man
And1: 1,943

Post#104 » by DavidDunn21 » Mon Oct 7, 2019 10:27 pm

We're gonna win a title and look as stupid as the Cavs with sleeves.

(remembers Middleton is on the roster)

We're gonna lose in the ECF and look as stupid as the Cavs with sleeves.

Sent from my moto g(7) power using RealGM mobile app
MickeyDavis
Global Mod
Global Mod
And1: 45,232

Post#105 » by MickeyDavis » Mon Oct 7, 2019 10:39 pm

Can't stand deer of any form on the uni.
I'm against picketing but I don't know how to show it.
MrHoneycutt
Starter
And1: 2,443

Post#106 » by MrHoneycutt » Tue Oct 8, 2019 12:45 am

I don't know why I continue to let myself get excited for this stuff. Each one of these is worse than the last.
Xanadu
Sixth Man
And1: 433

Post#107 » by Xanadu » Tue Oct 8, 2019 3:31 am

Matches Malone wrote:Big swing and a miss. Those are gross. Should have just kept it simple. Black jersey with cream trim and some cursive scrip in cream of Milwaukee on the front. I'm sick of the big deer head too.

Hell any color scheme would be great if they did that. I honestly don't mind the main logo but making it giant makes it seem tacky and obstructive. God I want the same thing you do but with cream as the primary and green or blue as the secondary. Last year's earned throwbacks without the Christmas color scheme would look so clean. We still lack a good simple is more jersey design that makes for the best jerseys in soorts. Innovation and being bold has it's place no question. Having said that buck jerseys often seem much to busy and over the top. They seem to want to cram as much as possible onto it giving a gaudy look imo. For example I don't believe anyone has ever had a jersey with cream as the primary color. Even with our cream city jerseys the giant logo and rainbow made the cream seem secondary. Look at the Miami Vice jersey for example. It's quite vivid because of the color scheme and innovative because of its daring choice in the colors. But they kept the rest of the design simple so it doesn't come off looking like a eye sore. Wish we could follow that example but instead of vivid bright scheme go the other end. By going with the cleanest jersey possible. Something that wouldn't seem out of place with Dockers or a blazer lol.
Bucks fandom bringing me happiness still seems like a dream.
DavidDunn21
Sixth Man

Post#108 » by DavidDunn21 » Tue Oct 8, 2019 6:25 am

Green and blue don't pair well with each other, let alone black AND cream AND white.

There are three rudderless brands in the association. The Cavs, the Jazz and the Bucks. All commit the same sin: Their colors don't match and they're constantly changing and revising their look.

chonestown
General Manager
And1: 11,648

Post#109 » by chonestown » Tue Oct 8, 2019 1:24 pm

DavidDunn21 wrote:Green and blue don't pair well with each other, let alone black AND cream AND white.

There are three rudderless brands in the association. The Cavs, the Jazz and the Bucks. All commit the same sin: Their colors don't match and they're constantly changing and revising their look.

WELL ACTUALLY, I think the Jazz have one of the best looks in the NBA. This year's throwbacks are awful, but the Red Rocks and normal kits are crispy. The note logo is still great.

The blue is such a minor element, I don't even consider it "Bucks colors" as such.
“I went to Toronto, I went to Atlanta/I used to drink Pepsi, but now I like Fanta.”
-Hannibal Burress's impression of Canadian music figure Drake

"Poor as a mouse every morning/Rich as a cat every night."
-DCB
DavidDunn21
Sixth Man

Post#110 » by DavidDunn21 » Tue Oct 8, 2019 2:26 pm

chonestown wrote:
DavidDunn21 wrote:Green and blue don't pair well with each other, let alone black AND cream AND white.

WELL ACTUALLY, I think the Jazz have one of the best looks in the NBA. This year's throwbacks are awful, but the Red Rocks and normal kits are crispy. The note logo is still great.

The blue is such a minor element, I don't even consider it "Bucks colors" as such.
What I'm saying is the Jazz went (off the top of my head) from a purple and yellow team to also being a green and yellow team to back to exclusively purple and yellow to purple and white to having an alt that was black and orange to being a royal and baby blue team to a navy and white team and now they are a navy and yellow team who sometimes wears green and yellow and sometimes wears all yellow and sometimes just for fun they dress up like the 1977 Houston Astros.

bango_the_buck
Bench Warmer
And1: 149

Post#111 » by bango_the_buck » Tue Oct 8, 2019 3:43 pm

MVP2110 wrote:
Read on Twitter
?s=19

Black version of the cream jerseys. Pretty sure the other one is going to be a cream version of the black large buck head jersey just to give everyone here an aneurysm.
Scott Skiles on being compared by reporters to Hall of Fame coach Pat Riley: "If I thought you guys knew anything, I'd be flattered."
emunney
RealGM
And1: 36,648

Post#112 » by emunney » Tue Oct 8, 2019 3:51 pm

I bet they bring back a version of the big deer emerging from the Crandon mists.
Here are more legal notices regarding the Posts
Licensed to Il
Lead Assistant
And1: 2,729

Post#113 » by Licensed to Il » Tue Oct 8, 2019 4:05 pm

The first year or two of the new colors and logos were so promising. And everything since, has been classic over design and meddling. I think to some degree, uniforms and logos are not supposed to be taken too seriously. But its hard to associate a look or identity to a team that has new jerseys each year, three logos, and I doubt anyone in the state not employed by the team or posting on this site could list the Bucks' main color scheme.
MickeyDavis
Global Mod
Global Mod
And1: 45,232

Post#114 » by MickeyDavis » Tue Oct 8, 2019 4:16 pm

I'm not a jersey guy but for those of you who are do you keep buying all the different iterations? Obviously that's the point, sell as many jerseys as you can but is it working? Do you guys keep buying?
I'm against picketing but I don't know how to show it.
MVP2110
Lead Assistant
And1: 3,046

Post#115 » by MVP2110 » Tue Oct 8, 2019 4:22 pm

MickeyDavis wrote:I'm not a jersey guy but for those of you who are do you keep buying all the different iterations? Obviously that's the point, sell as many jerseys as you can but is it working? Do you guys keep buying?

I buy some of them. I bought the last two iterations of the city edition. I don't plan to buy this one though although I don't hate it as much as some do.
Coach Drew: "Milwaukee has always been a team that I have been intrigued by. When we played them, they were a tough team for us to play. Although we did beat them all four times"
Xanadu
Sixth Man
And1: 433

Post#116 » by Xanadu » Tue Oct 8, 2019 10:06 pm

MickeyDavis wrote:I'm not a jersey guy but for those of you who are do you keep buying all the different iterations? Obviously that's the point, sell as many jerseys as you can but is it working? Do you guys keep buying?

I have to date one jersey that being a green Giannis replica or whatever the stitched ones are called. I am huge buyer of Wisconsin sports stuff in general so I needed at least one. I picked that one despite not being a huge fan of wearing green because it was the cleanest looking besides the white which for me is impossible to keep clean. I briefly consider the FTD alt and the cream city jerseys but they were just far to busy for my taste. Never been a big jersey wearer of any sport outside of games anyway. Having said that my most casually worn jersery would be my acme Packers alt from the first year they were introduced. The reason being that I could wear under a coat or flannel and have it seem to blend in with my wardrobe instead being a sore thumb. But once again the color scheme was far from something I would choose in my normal wardrobe. I could see a understated cream jersey looking great underneath a few of my light blue flannels or not looking terrible out of place under one of beige zips ups and black wool coat.
Bucks fandom bringing me happiness still seems like a dream.
DanoMac
General Manager
And1: 3,735

Post#117 » by DanoMac » Tue Oct 8, 2019 10:50 pm

The Bucks killed it with the rebrand and have a top 5 set of uniforms in the league, so the home white is a must have for any fan IMO. Aside from that, the alternates really aren't my style, more plain the better, however, the earned edition last year was bananas and a must have.
kanyon
Junior
And1: 203

Post#118 » by kanyon » Wed Oct 9, 2019 12:42 am

DavidDunn21 wrote:

Can't wait for part two!

Get rid of anything with blue.... green and green or green and red.... if you have to green and cream or purple on special occasions...
jakecronus8
RealGM
And1: 7,273

Post#119 » by jakecronus8 » Wed Oct 9, 2019 1:29 am

Really hoping those black ones replace the Shopko deer head jerseys and we get something else for the city version. Last years were amongst the worst sports unis I’ve ever seen
Do it for Chuck
DavidDunn21
Sixth Man

Post#120 » by DavidDunn21 » Wed Oct 9, 2019 3:14 am

kanyon wrote:
DavidDunn21 wrote:

Can't wait for part two!

Get rid of anything with blue.... green and green or green and red.... if you have to green and cream or purple on special occasions...

Thanks, I really appreciate it. Part two coming soon-ish. Subscribe to the channel if you like.

Totally agree on the blue thing. It has no place on the Milwaukee Bucks. We've already been a green and red team and a purple and green team. We should throwback the purple and wear red and green.

Consider the Kings. The Kings were a light blue and white/red team. In the aftermath of the great teal and purple rush of the 90's, they became a purple team in 1994, right around the same time we did. Notably, they stayed a purple team, so they have one consistent look and brand and they can throwback the powder-blues which have attained some level of nostalgia. Their look is always mediocre in my opinion, but that doesn't matter because they always wear silver black and purple.

The Bucks could've just stayed a purple and green team and done red and green throwbacks. That wouldn't have been the worst thing in the world. But they changed back to a red and green team and did it poorly. Then the new owners...just started making up stuff, and now we're kinda a green and blue and light brown and black team. We are in our 3rd incompatible look and WE DON'T THROWBACK ANYTHING.

We've gotten three throwbacks in the history of the organization, the Ghost Deer once in the Jennings era, a (nice) adaptation of the 1971 set once in the Jennings era and once two years ago. That's the list. We've never brought back 1974. We've never brought back anything from Marques to Sid to Pierce. That entire era was never worn again. The purples died with TJ Ford. WE SUCK at this.

Respectfully to whoever said we're a top 5 jersey, the truth is we have been bottom five and WE ARE GETTING WORSE AT THIS EVERY YEAR.

Return to Milwaukee Bucks