Kevin Love Wants To Remain With Cavaliers

Moderators: Domejandro, bwgood77

RealGM Wiretap
RealGM
And1: 291

Kevin Love Wants To Remain With Cavaliers 

Post#1 » by RealGM Wiretap » Wed Oct 9, 2019 3:11 pm

Kevin Love is 31 and on a rebuilding team, but he wants to remain with the Cleveland Cavaliers.

Love chose to sign an extension with the Cavaliers in 2018 following the departure of LeBron James.

“I do want to be here. I always have,” Love told Chris Fedor in an exclusive one-on-one interview. “I say that knowing it’s the NBA and it’s a business. I think especially after seeing last year, the summer leading up to last year and this summer, the changeover is like unprecedented so you don’t know what is going to happen.

“If they decide to go completely young … and that could be the case, but it’s funny, my agent didn’t call me one time this summer to say, ‘Hey, you’re getting traded, there’s talks that this is happening.’ Of course, somehow it’s still out there and people are talking about, ‘Oh, Kevin would be great here or great there.’ I just keep it moving and try to do right by these guys because we have a good group.”

Via Chris Fedor/Cleveland Plain Dealer

mplsfonz23
Assistant Coach
And1: 1,310

Re: Kevin Love Wants To Remain With Cavaliers 

Post#2 » by mplsfonz23 » Wed Oct 9, 2019 4:21 pm

Sounds like nobody's interested in trading for that big contract, so that's what he's supposed to say. He's done.
The_Hater
GHOAT (Greatest Hater Of All Time)
And1: 40,047

Post#3 » by The_Hater » Wed Oct 9, 2019 4:48 pm

mplsfonz23 wrote:Sounds like nobody's interested in trading for that big contract, so that's what he's supposed to say. He's done.

Love doesn't know what his trade market looks like and he's far from the most untradeable player/contract in the league.

I think he was asked the question and answered it diplomatically because the alternative is basically to demand a trade. But that doesn't mean he wouldn't accept a trade.
AthensBucks wrote:Lowry is done.
Nurse is below average at best.
Masai is overrated.
I dont get how so many people believe in the raptors,they have zero to chance to win it all.

April 14th, 2019.
Pennebaker
Head Coach
And1: 5,577

Post#4 » by Pennebaker » Wed Oct 9, 2019 5:11 pm

"somehow it’s still out there and people are talking about, ‘Oh, Kevin would be great here or great there.’"

People are talking about that? Where?
ebrian
Junior
And1: 32

Post#5 » by ebrian » Wed Oct 9, 2019 5:19 pm

There's absolutely zero pressure to perform or win as a member of the Cavs. That could also be a factor, as we know Love suffered with anxiety during the time when Lebron was there. Quite a journey that Kevin Love has been on, going from a beastmode guy without any sort of success with the T-Wolves, then becoming a highly sought after player by Lebron and shipped to Cleveland, and now being left behind on a rebuilding team where he's apparently happy to be playing for.
Pickled Prunes
Head Coach
And1: 1,197

Post#6 » by Pickled Prunes » Wed Oct 9, 2019 6:22 pm

The_Hater wrote:
mplsfonz23 wrote:Sounds like nobody's interested in trading for that big contract, so that's what he's supposed to say. He's done.

Love doesn't know what his trade market looks like and he's far from the most untradeable player/contract in the league.

I think he was asked the question and answered it diplomatically because the alternative is basically to demand a trade. But that doesn't mean he wouldn't accept a trade.

You're right. He really doesn't have a choice either way so why ruffle feathers. We won a ring in CLE and he wants to be celebrated there rather than booed after a trade request.
Lalouie
RealGM
And1: 10,010

Post#7 » by Lalouie » Wed Oct 9, 2019 6:24 pm

i read this last season

come'on the new season is starting already. there's other stuff to talk about
Pickled Prunes
Head Coach

Post#8 » by Pickled Prunes » Wed Oct 9, 2019 6:29 pm

Pennebaker wrote:"somehow it’s still out there and people are talking about, ‘Oh, Kevin would be great here or great there.’"

Yes, there has been a lot of talk. He has always been linked to his hometown Blazers and he would certainly make them better... but he would fill a huge need in BOS this season and there have been murmurs there as well. There have been other rumblings as well, and it's all speculation, but it is widely believed that he will be moved sooner than later.
The_Hater

Post#9 » by The_Hater » Wed Oct 9, 2019 6:36 pm

Pennebaker wrote:"somehow it’s still out there and people are talking about, ‘Oh, Kevin would be great here or great there.’"

Love trade rumors have been circulating since Bron left town, so about 15 months now. It'ss just that he was injured at the February trade deadline but he's always going to be a lukewarm rumor as long as he's playing in Cleveland.
Masai is overrated.
I dont get how so many people believe in the raptors,they have zero to chance to win it all.

April 14th, 2019.
TheCage4
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 509

Post#10 » by TheCage4 » Wed Oct 9, 2019 6:49 pm

He’s too injury prone and passive to warrant a big haul in a possible trade.

This does not mean teams wouldn’t be interested in acquiring him at some point.
“And where once you had the freedom to object, to think and speak as you saw fit, you now have censors and systems of surveillance coercing your conformity and soliciting your submission.” -Alan Moore
mplsfonz23
Assistant Coach

Post#11 » by mplsfonz23 » Wed Oct 9, 2019 7:05 pm

TheCage4 wrote:He’s too injury prone and passive to warrant a big haul in a possible trade.

This does not mean teams wouldn’t be interested in acquiring him at some point.

Maybe in 3 1/2 years from now.
Can't imagine any team wants to pay him $30 mil over the next 4 years for a 31 year old oft injured one trick pony who still can't defend.
JonFromVA
RealGM
And1: 4,351

Post#12 » by JonFromVA » Wed Oct 9, 2019 7:07 pm

Pickled Prunes wrote:
The_Hater wrote:

You're right. He really doesn't have a choice either way so why ruffle feathers. We won a ring in CLE and he wants to be celebrated there rather than booed after a trade request.

I think if Kevin (or Tristan) asked to be traded to a contender, the Cavs would find a way to get it done out of respect for their contributions, otherwise they're in a bit of a dead place. The Cavs have a bunch of young wings, not big men. So at the moment at least they're more valuable to the Cavs than they are to other teams.

Regardless, Kevin Love has been a total pro as a member of the Cavs and there's no reason to doubt him.
mplsfonz23
Assistant Coach

Post#13 » by mplsfonz23 » Wed Oct 9, 2019 7:26 pm

JonFromVA wrote:
Pickled Prunes wrote:
The_Hater wrote:

I think if Kevin (or Tristan) asked to be traded to a contender, the Cavs would find a way to get it done out of respect for their contributions, otherwise they're in a bit of a dead place. The Cavs have a bunch of young wings, not big men. So at the moment at least they're more valuable to the Cavs than they are to other teams.

Regardless, Kevin Love has been a total pro as a member of the Cavs and there's no reason to doubt him.

No doubt. But the Cavs would have to take on a bad contract. Maybe we can trade Wiggins for Love? :D
The_Hater

Post#14 » by The_Hater » Wed Oct 9, 2019 7:28 pm

mplsfonz23 wrote:
JonFromVA wrote:
Pickled Prunes wrote:

No doubt. But the Cavs would have to take on a bad contract. Maybe we can trade Wiggins for Love? :D

That's both funny and interesting. Would both teams consider that trade? Probably?

And maybe the Wolves can sign Anthony Bennett once the Rockets release him just to make the deal completely fair.
Masai is overrated.

April 14th, 2019.
mplsfonz23
Assistant Coach

Post#15 » by mplsfonz23 » Wed Oct 9, 2019 7:41 pm

The_Hater wrote:
mplsfonz23 wrote:
JonFromVA wrote:

That's both funny and interesting. Would both teams consider that trade? Probably?

And maybe the Wolves can sign Anthony Bennett once the Rockets release him just to make the deal completely fair.

I don't think Houston can afford to part with him. Although, if he wasn't #1 overall, his career may have been different. IDK about them Canadians, a little soft.
The_Hater

Post#16 » by The_Hater » Wed Oct 9, 2019 7:48 pm

mplsfonz23 wrote:
The_Hater wrote:
mplsfonz23 wrote:

I don't think Houston can afford to part with him. Although, if he wasn't #1 overall, his career may have been different. IDK about them Canadians, a little soft.

As a Canadian myself, I never, ever understood what people saw in Bennett. Poor skill set, poor bball IQ, terrible motor. And heck, he even showed up overweight as a rookie so his work ethic isn't great either. And all of this seemed obvious to me when he was at UNLV. I don't think his draft position had anything to do with his failure, he was just always going to fail.

Wiggins has just been disappointing and doesn't seem to have the desire and want to be a better all around player, although he was obviously overrated too.

Still there were on average 3 Canadians in the NBA during the Steve Nash era and there might be as many as 20-23 this season. When you have that many players in the league, there are going to some disappointments in the mix.
Masai is overrated.

April 14th, 2019.
Stillwater
RealGM
And1: 3,655

Post#17 » by Stillwater » Wed Oct 9, 2019 8:27 pm

Most Cavs fans to some degree probably questioned why they paid him such a huge deal, and it has become more clear over time it was for two reasons...1. simply that Love was verbally committed to CLE even if it meant rebuild was inevitable and 2 the org wanted to ensure should the time come to move on from Love , any team trading for him would have to give up picks to dump a lesser player or players on matching $ or fork over somebody that was paid well for a reason.
SUNDOWN BRINGS A WELCOME CHANGE TO EVERYTHING THAT'S HIDING
Ballerhogger
RealGM
And1: 16,798

Post#18 » by Ballerhogger » Wed Oct 9, 2019 10:23 pm

No one wants contracts . Unless the Cavs pay 50% of it . Which can’t even happen so ... yea he’s cav for the rest of his contract
Ballerhogger
RealGM
And1: 16,798

Post#19 » by Ballerhogger » Wed Oct 9, 2019 10:24 pm

mplsfonz23 wrote:
JonFromVA wrote:
Pickled Prunes wrote:

:lol:
Pickled Prunes
Head Coach

Post#20 » by Pickled Prunes » Wed Oct 9, 2019 11:34 pm

The_Hater wrote:
mplsfonz23 wrote:
JonFromVA wrote:

I don't agree that the Cavs would need to take back a bad contact. I think they could without hurting themselves if it increased the return, but it wouldn't be necessary.

Return to Wiretap Discussion