KD explains why the Knicks don’t get superstars

Moderators: Domejandro, infinite11285, Harry Garris, ken6199, Dirk, bisme37, KingDavid, bwgood77, zimpy27, cupcakesnake

blueNorange
Knicks Forum Contrarian
And1: 19,884

Re: KD explains why the Knicks don’t get superstars 

Post#181 » by blueNorange » Wed Oct 9, 2019 6:38 pm

RiseOfTheEmpire wrote:
blueNorange wrote:but the knicks aren't cool tho.

Read on Twitter

My point about tourists walking in. The Knicks are a scam.

so of all top 10 teams, only the knicks are because of tourists.

gotcha.
LOL Y U MAD THO?
mitchell robinson has blocked zion williamson 3 times as of 7/6/19.
dakomish23
Forum Mod - Knicks
Forum Mod - Knicks
And1: 45,309

Post#182 » by dakomish23 » Wed Oct 9, 2019 6:42 pm

Who cares about cool?

The FO led one of the greatest turnarounds in a span of 3 years. Didn't own their own first from 2016-2018. Coming off a 21 win season. No prospects on the roster. That's what Marks was looking at. Give credit when credit is due.

I get called a BKN whatever by fellow Knicks fans but I'll always appreciate smart management decisions.
:lol: :lol: :lol:

Spoiler:
https://forums.realgm.com/boards/viewtopic.php?f=24&t=1592147&start=1720#p57345128

Read on Twitter

Read on Twitter

Jimmit79 wrote:Yea RJ played well he was definitely the x factor

#FreeJimmit
Paradise
Nets Forum: Asst. To The RM
And1: 11,875

KD explains why the Knicks don’t get superstars 

Post#183 » by Paradise » Wed Oct 9, 2019 6:52 pm

blueNorange wrote:
RiseOfTheEmpire wrote:
blueNorange wrote:but the knicks aren't cool tho.

Read on Twitter

gotcha.

It’s pretty wild Knick fans can’t admit that 50% of tickets go to Wall Street and Goldman Sacks employees who usually can occupy $1,000 front row seats on a nightly basis and Chase Bridge tickets.

You must be delusional as hell if you think middle class people can continuously pay out of pocket for the Knicks ticket demand every single year for 41 games despite having a horrendous record without a hitch or an inside track to the tickets itself.

I grew up with a family friend (RIP) who regularly got tickets from his big time lawyer friends in Manhattan that had a deal with the Knicks and their law firm to giveaway tickets to their employees during 2005 era. I watched Yao and T-Mac vs the Knicks and rookie Chris Paul debut at the Garden. All due to a hook up. Usually, that’s how it goes. Retail prices were ridiculous for families to pay at times.

It’s a known fact most expensive tickets go to the guys who work on Wall Street, Federal Court, etc.

Either way, the Knicks dropped to 15th or 18th in attendance last season which meant there was a percentage of fans who did not care to pay for that kind of product.
DarkXaero
RealGM
And1: 5,559

Post#184 » by DarkXaero » Wed Oct 9, 2019 6:56 pm

3toheadmelo wrote:
DarkXaero wrote:
3toheadmelo wrote::lol:
Read on Twitter
Yankees playing in the playoffs that night, while Nets playing a meaningless preseason game (with no Kyrie or KD) against a Brazilian team no one heard of. But carry on :roll:

Knicks still sell out preseason games even if we suck.You desperate using the Yankees as a excuse. But carry on. :lol:
Lol stop **** lying, I watched part of Knicks' preseason game against Wizards, that wasn't even close to a sellout :lol:

Who cares about preseason anyway? Better yet, why are you guys so obsessed with attendance? Worry more about the state of your team/franchise :lol: :lol: :lol:
RiseOfTheEmpire
Bench Warmer
And1: 1,706

Post#185 » by RiseOfTheEmpire » Wed Oct 9, 2019 6:56 pm

3toheadmelo wrote:
DarkXaero wrote:
3toheadmelo wrote::lol:
Read on Twitter
Yankees playing in the playoffs that night, while Nets playing a meaningless preseason game (with no Kyrie or KD) against a Brazilian team no one heard of. But carry on :roll:

Knicks still sell out preseason games even if we suck.You desperate using the Yankees as a excuse. But carry on. :lol:

I paid 700 bucks once a couple of seasons ago to watch Lebron **** all over Carmelo and our future stud KP. It was a great sellout, all the boos reigning down at the end, watching these guys go inside the tunnel, tails tucked between their legs....like the last 30 **** years.

This looks nice, looks like you can get good seats to watch some great players play some great ball.

Legacy has now come down to ticket sales.... :lol: :lol: :lol:

We are reaching so far up our asses we can smell our fingertips.
"I would challenge you to a battle of wits, but I see you are unarmed."
DarkXaero
RealGM

Post#186 » by DarkXaero » Wed Oct 9, 2019 6:57 pm

blueNorange wrote:
DarkXaero wrote:
blueNorange wrote:imagine being okay to have bandwagoners make up 97% of your fanbase.

dang.
You sound really insecure with all this. You guys are obsessed with bringing up your attendance and massive fanbase, and then when you're told that Nets fanbase is growing a lot, you bitch that it's bandwagoners. Can't have it both ways :lol: :lol:

well hate to break to you, it's not a bunch of net fans that decided to buy tickets.
Hate to break it to you but who do you think is buying a good amount of Knicks games tickets? :lol:
3toheadmelo
RealGM
And1: 118,608

Post#187 » by 3toheadmelo » Wed Oct 9, 2019 6:58 pm

DarkXaero wrote:
3toheadmelo wrote:
DarkXaero wrote:Yankees playing in the playoffs that night, while Nets playing a meaningless preseason game (with no Kyrie or KD) against a Brazilian team no one heard of. But carry on :roll:

Lol stop **** lying, I watched part of Knicks' preseason game against Wizards, that wasn't even close to a sellout :lol:

Who cares about preseason anyway? Better yet, why are you guys so obsessed with attendance? Worry more about the state of your team/franchise :lol: :lol: :lol:

You do realize the wizards game was played in Washington? Congratulations you played yourself :lol:
It’s like when lil bitches make subliminal records, if it ain’t directed directly at me, I don’t respect it
shtolky
Head Coach
And1: 4,654

Post#188 » by shtolky » Wed Oct 9, 2019 7:05 pm

DarkXaero wrote:
3toheadmelo wrote:
DarkXaero wrote:Yankees playing in the playoffs that night, while Nets playing a meaningless preseason game (with no Kyrie or KD) against a Brazilian team no one heard of. But carry on :roll:

That game was in Washington. He's talking about MSG.
DarkXaero
RealGM

Post#189 » by DarkXaero » Wed Oct 9, 2019 7:08 pm

3toheadmelo wrote:
DarkXaero wrote:
3toheadmelo wrote:Knicks still sell out preseason games even if we suck.You desperate using the Yankees as a excuse. But carry on. :lol:

You do realize the wizards game was played in Washington? Congratulations you played yourself :lol:
You're talking about selling out preseason games, you didn't say anything about playing at home. If you guys are as amazing a brand as you claim, you should be selling out in DC.
blueNorange
Knicks Forum Contrarian

Post#190 » by blueNorange » Wed Oct 9, 2019 7:10 pm

DarkXaero wrote:
3toheadmelo wrote:
DarkXaero wrote:Lol stop **** lying, I watched part of Knicks' preseason game against Wizards, that wasn't even close to a sellout :lol:

You're talking about selling out preseason games, you didn't say anything about playing at home. If you guys are as amazing a brand as you claim, you should be selling out in DC.

don't pull a muscle now with all that reaching.
LOL Y U MAD THO?
blueNorange
Knicks Forum Contrarian

Post#191 » by blueNorange » Wed Oct 9, 2019 7:11 pm

the 2018-19 nets are the greatest paper champs since the 2003-04 lakers.
LOL Y U MAD THO?
shtolky
Head Coach
And1: 4,654

Post#192 » by shtolky » Wed Oct 9, 2019 7:12 pm

Paradise wrote:
blueNorange wrote:
RiseOfTheEmpire wrote:

gotcha.

It’s pretty wild Knick fans can’t admit that 50% of tickets go to Wall Street and Goldman Sacks employees who usually can occupy $1,000 front row seats on a nightly basis and Chase Bridge tickets.

You must be delusional as hell if you think middle class people can continuously pay out of pocket for the Knicks ticket demand every single year for 41 games despite having a horrendous record without a hitch or an inside track to the tickets itself.

I grew up with a family friend (RIP) who regularly got tickets from his big time lawyer friends in Manhattan that had a deal with the Knicks and their law firm to giveaway tickets to their employees during 2005 era. I watched Yao and T-Mac vs the Knicks and rookie Chris Paul debut at the Garden. All due to a hook up. Usually, that’s how it goes. Retail prices were ridiculous for families to pay at times.

It’s a known fact most expensive tickets go to the guys who work on Wall Street, Federal Court, etc.

Either way, the Knicks dropped to 15th or 18th in attendance last season which meant there was a percentage of fans who did not care to pay for that kind of product.

I know a bunch of people who work at Goldman and this is just flat out not true (at least for them). I also know a bunch of people who have season tickets for the celeb seats and they are not Wall Street types. You say 50% of the tickets go to Wall Street people but only mention the front row seats and Chase Bridge seats. The Chase Bridge seats are among the cheaper tickets in the Garden, so I'm not sure why you mentioned those. Fact is, Manhattan has one of the higher household incomes in the country and if you go to a game, even when they are terrible, the fans still show out. Those are not tourists or finance types, those are real, actual fans. I am one of them.

This whole thing is pretty tiresome though so I'm personally done with this stuff. Good luck to the Nets, good luck to the Knicks.
iLLmatic860
General Manager
And1: 15,165

Post#193 » by iLLmatic860 » Wed Oct 9, 2019 7:12 pm

This thread is gettin cringe worthy
3toheadmelo
RealGM
And1: 118,608

Post#194 » by 3toheadmelo » Wed Oct 9, 2019 7:14 pm

DarkXaero wrote:
3toheadmelo wrote:
DarkXaero wrote:Lol stop **** lying, I watched part of Knicks' preseason game against Wizards, that wasn't even close to a sellout :lol:

Lmfaoo now you lost all credibility
It’s like when lil bitches make subliminal records, if it ain’t directed directly at me, I don’t respect it
blueNorange
Knicks Forum Contrarian

Post#195 » by blueNorange » Wed Oct 9, 2019 7:15 pm

agreed, i'm done with this. i've said what i've said.

we're not even going to find out what the nets truly are until 2 years when durant is 100% fully healthy.
LOL Y U MAD THO?
DarkXaero
RealGM

Post#196 » by DarkXaero » Wed Oct 9, 2019 7:15 pm

blueNorange wrote:
DarkXaero wrote:
3toheadmelo wrote:You do realize the wizards game was played in Washington? Congratulations you played yourself :lol:

Lol I don't really care, it's preseason, and you guys are so confident about selling out at home, which might not happen. And even if it did, idgaf. You guys ranked 18th in home attendance last season, and yall out here talking so much **** about attendance :lol:

I care about the on court product, and ours is far better than yours. We didn't have star power before, now we do, and the attendance will see a big jump because of that. But all that is a bonus to me, because like most reasonable fans, I prioritize on court product.
blueNorange
Knicks Forum Contrarian

Post#197 » by blueNorange » Wed Oct 9, 2019 7:18 pm

DarkXaero wrote:
blueNorange wrote:
DarkXaero wrote:You're talking about selling out preseason games, you didn't say anything about playing at home. If you guys are as amazing a brand as you claim, you should be selling out in DC.

Lol I don't really care, it's preseason, and you guys are so confident about selling out at home, which might not happen. And even if it did, idgaf. You guys ranked 18th in home attendance last season, and yall out here talking so much **** about attendance :lol:

they were actually ranked 9th at home and 11th overall.

but like you said, you don't care .. even if you're making up stuff ;)
LOL Y U MAD THO?
SFour
RealGM
And1: 58,339

Post#198 » by SFour » Wed Oct 9, 2019 7:22 pm

KD is right...the Knicks brand is overrated and overhyped by biased media sources like Stephen A. Smith....year after year they make casual fans believe that the Knicks actually have a chance in signing allstars or superstars when in reality there was never any real chance, especially with the way their roster is constructed....maybe if they built a playoff capable team like the Nets did then big free agents would actually consider joining.

You can't tank and put out garbage rosters and expect big name players to flock to your franchise.
DarkXaero
RealGM

Post#199 » by DarkXaero » Wed Oct 9, 2019 7:25 pm

blueNorange wrote:
DarkXaero wrote:
blueNorange wrote:don't pull a muscle now with all that reaching.

Nope, it goes by percentage attendance, since all the arenas in the NBA have different capacities.

blueNorange
Knicks Forum Contrarian

Post#200 » by blueNorange » Wed Oct 9, 2019 7:37 pm

DarkXaero wrote:
blueNorange wrote:
DarkXaero wrote:Lol I don't really care, it's preseason, and you guys are so confident about selling out at home, which might not happen. And even if it did, idgaf. You guys ranked 18th in home attendance last season, and yall out here talking so much **** about attendance :lol:

Nope, it goes by percentage attendance, since all the arenas in the NBA have different capacities.

of all the thing you've selected, that's the barometer you going by? was it discouraging to find out the knicks were hovering top 10 in the other categories so you cherry picked the most useless one of all?
LOL Y U MAD THO?

Return to The General Board