KD explains why the Knicks don’t get superstars

Moderators: Domejandro, infinite11285, Harry Garris, ken6199, Dirk, bisme37, KingDavid, bwgood77, zimpy27, cupcakesnake

ProspectPark
Pro Prospect
And1: 700

Re: KD explains why the Knicks don’t get superstars 

Post#241 » by ProspectPark » Wed Oct 9, 2019 9:10 pm

Knicks fans...If a NYC morning radio show asks Kevin Durant... Why is it so hard for the New York Knicks to sign elite free agents?

Can you please tell us what he should have said?

I don’t get why so many of you get so outraged when athletes speak the truth.
DBCJUN
Freshman
And1: 58

Post#242 » by DBCJUN » Wed Oct 9, 2019 9:14 pm

7footMONSTER wrote:Knicks fans...If a NYC morning radio show asks Kevin Durant... Why is it so hard for the New York Knicks to sign elite free agents?

Im not sure if its the truth, it could also be the part about what else could he have said. There have been reports he wanted to go to the Knicks and Kyrie to the Nets.

I mean it would be hard for him to say, i wanted to join the Knicks but Kyrie wanted the Nets and i gave in.

Personally i think the Knicks dont get superstars because of James Dolan, but again i would find it inadvisable to call out a team owner out of the blue.
ProspectPark
Pro Prospect
And1: 700

Post#243 » by ProspectPark » Wed Oct 9, 2019 9:32 pm

DBCJUN wrote:
7footMONSTER wrote:Knicks fans...If a NYC morning radio show asks Kevin Durant... Why is it so hard for the New York Knicks to sign elite free agents?

Im not sure if its the truth, it could also be the part about what else could he have said. There have been reports he wanted to go to the Knicks and Kyrie to the Nets.

I mean it would be hard for him to say, i wanted to join the Knicks but Kyrie wanted the Nets and i gave in.

Personally i think the Knicks dont get superstars because of James Dolan, but again i would find it inadvisable to call out a team owner out of the blue.

KD wanted to go the Knicks?

:roll:
Illuminatos
Analyst
And1: 1,211

Post#244 » by Illuminatos » Wed Oct 9, 2019 9:42 pm

What he's saying makes no sense. The Nets are only cool now because they got Durant/Kyrie.

They've been a laughing stock the entire decade. Left their original city, multiple sub 30 win seasons, bottom in merchandise and jersey sales, bottom in attendance numbers, one of the WOAT trades of all time.

They had a mediocre 42 win season and got bounced in the 1st round in 5 games. So what exactly was cool about the team? Are the Magic and Pistons cool as well? Hornets are cool too I guess.

And the point about the younger generation not finding the Knicks "cool" is pointless. We wanted him and he's not part of the younger generation, so what does that have to do with anything? He's admitted he's seen the Knicks in the Finals, so what he's saying is irrelevant.

The Knicks are a garbage franchise and team. I would never argue the opposite but the Nets have been just as trash. The difference though is that no one cares about the Nets, so when the Knicks are garbage it stands out more.
WadeInTheWater wrote:I stick up for LeBron to the depths of the earth, i tell anyone i know when discussing basketball that LeBron is everything that Jordan was AND more but just without the rings YET. No doubt about he is better all round than Jordan ever was

^^Trololol^^
kamaze
General Manager
And1: 1,315

Post#245 » by kamaze » Wed Oct 9, 2019 9:43 pm

blueNorange wrote:
MrDollarBills wrote:
blueNorange wrote:just out of curisotity, how many wins do you have them winning this year?

because i can see as low as 41 and as high as 46.

The Nets? 45-48 wins. The team is a lot better than last year's squad even without Durant, with depth at every position.

well you're going to be a little disappointed because your team isn't better than last year(without durant)

They added Taurean Prince he's a 14 point per game scorer that's a 38 percent 3 point shooter.

David Nwaba and Garret Temple are good defenders.

Dandre Jordan is a better lob and pick and roll player than they had.

They upgraded at every position the NETS are stacked.
I got the burner-Kevin Durant

Cream rises to the top-Nic Claxton
BKSZN
Junior
And1: 240

Post#246 » by BKSZN » Wed Oct 9, 2019 10:12 pm

bronxknicksfan1 wrote:
DarkXaero wrote:
bronxknicksfan1 wrote:
Knicks fans:

KD and Nets fans: *says something negative about the Knicks*

Knicks fans: *riled up*

Pretty much how it always goes on here.
Do you think that KD likes talking about the Knicks? Watch the Hot 97 interview or most of the media interviews. The Hot 97 host admitted that he loves seeing the Knicks in misery, and kept asking questions to get KD to say something negative about the Knicks. KD didn't really even say anything, only stated a reasonable point of view which is what most NBA fans in the league would agree with. Newer generations have no reason to care about the Knicks. They don't care about the history of MSG, or your lack of championship success since the 70s, or the likes of Ntilikina, Trier, etc. on your roster. That's the truth.

Then after KD said that on Hot 97, he got bunch of angry Knicks fans saying hateful **** to him, and he's responding. I don't see the problem with that. You guys are riled up for no good reason :lol:

Yet, instead of just denying to comment, he still says something when asked. Seems to not mind talking about them :roll:

Nobody cares about the Knicks, but yet they're still talked about daily. Players talk about coming to MSG and putting on a show there, but don't care about it's history :o That's right, they talk about going to the historic...BARCLAYS!

Why deny to comment? He’s allowed to his opinion and his opinion is correct. The media and knicks fans have attached this mans name to their organization for a year. He’s in a town that still mostly knicks. He can speak on them if he’s asked.
bronxknicksfan1
Starter
And1: 1,140

Post#247 » by bronxknicksfan1 » Wed Oct 9, 2019 10:16 pm

BKSZN wrote:
bronxknicksfan1 wrote:
DarkXaero wrote:Do you think that KD likes talking about the Knicks? Watch the Hot 97 interview or most of the media interviews. The Hot 97 host admitted that he loves seeing the Knicks in misery, and kept asking questions to get KD to say something negative about the Knicks. KD didn't really even say anything, only stated a reasonable point of view which is what most NBA fans in the league would agree with. Newer generations have no reason to care about the Knicks. They don't care about the history of MSG, or your lack of championship success since the 70s, or the likes of Ntilikina, Trier, etc. on your roster. That's the truth.

Then after KD said that on Hot 97, he got bunch of angry Knicks fans saying hateful **** to him, and he's responding. I don't see the problem with that. You guys are riled up for no good reason :lol:

Yet, instead of just denying to comment, he still says something when asked. Seems to not mind talking about them :roll:

Nobody cares about the Knicks, but yet they're still talked about daily. Players talk about coming to MSG and putting on a show there, but don't care about it's history :o That's right, they talk about going to the historic...BARCLAYS!

Why deny to comment? He’s allowed to his opinion and his opinion is correct. The media and knicks fans have attached this mans name to their organization for a year. He’s in a town that still mostly knicks. He can speak on them if he’s asked.

He's entitled to just like fans are entitled to bash him for making the comments he made. Simple :lol:
BKSZN
Junior

Post#248 » by BKSZN » Wed Oct 9, 2019 10:18 pm

bronxknicksfan1 wrote:
BKSZN wrote:
bronxknicksfan1 wrote:

He's entitled to just like fans are entitled to bash him for making the comments he made. Simple :lol:

And then don’t be mad when he replies and people continue to look down on knicks fans and their team. It’s that simple as well
Pillendreher
RealGM
And1: 9,952

Post#249 » by Pillendreher » Wed Oct 9, 2019 10:19 pm

Illuminatos wrote:They had a mediocre 42 win season and got bounced in the 1st round in 5 games. So what exactly was cool about the team? Are the Magic and Pistons cool as well? Hornets are cool too I guess.

The Magic had a better SRS than the Nets last season, actually. I don't know where all this revisionist history is coming from. It's cool that the franchise managed to get back on its feet last season, but frankly, this "spin" being put on last season/the last couple of years is ridiculous and has become quite annoying.
"I don't know of any player that, when the shot goes up, he doesn't want it to go in," Donovan said
bronxknicksfan1
Starter
And1: 1,140

Post#250 » by bronxknicksfan1 » Wed Oct 9, 2019 10:22 pm

BKSZN wrote:
bronxknicksfan1 wrote:
BKSZN wrote:

And then don’t be mad when he replies and people continue to look down on knicks fans and their team. It’s that simple as well

As long as we are the center of attention :D

We'll continue to worry about our team as we live rent free in the minds of yours :lol:
BKSZN
Junior

Post#251 » by BKSZN » Wed Oct 9, 2019 10:41 pm

bronxknicksfan1 wrote:
BKSZN wrote:
bronxknicksfan1 wrote:

As long as we are the center of attention :D

We'll continue to worry about our team as we live rent free in the minds of yours :lol:

I mean I guess. As long as my team wins game, you know, the point of basketball, then I’m fine with people talking, or rather bashing the knicks.
jvsimonetti0514
General Manager
And1: 7,757

Post#252 » by jvsimonetti0514 » Wed Oct 9, 2019 10:47 pm

Dolan may be a terrible owner but at least he's not a commie bootlicker like joseph tsai. There's nothing cool about tasting leather from authoritarian governments.
I'm apart of a Knicks podcast! You Should check it out!
youtube: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCWW9GUVpNULS97PyptXXU4w
Kampuchea
RealGM
And1: 8,174

Post#253 » by Kampuchea » Wed Oct 9, 2019 10:58 pm

Knicks ain’t cool so the media and KD just keep talking about them. If the Knicks were cooler the media and KD would leave them alone and stop talking Knicks.
DarkXaero
RealGM
And1: 5,559

Post#254 » by DarkXaero » Thu Oct 10, 2019 1:14 am

Capn'O wrote:The funny thing is... I keep hearing all these comments about "well why do Knick fans keep bringing up attendance and jerseys and televised games and the like? Is that all they care about?"

The whole point of this thread and all the comments about taking over New York... all this nonsense that we keep seeing thread after thread about is entirely about popularity. Are the Knicks "cool" or not. If the question is who is the better team right now then, healthy, the good money would be on the Nets. If the question is who has the better front office, the Knicks are in a better place than they have been in awhile but Marks has accomplished something and you give them the nod.

But those aren't the questions at hand and mid-thread "oopsies" there go the goalposts. Let's put them back where we started. Durant spoke of who is "cooler." Every day we hear the baloney coming from the Nets PR staff and players trolling the Knicks or talking about taking over New York or whatever. And in a discussion about popularity, arguments discussing and measuring popularity are quite relevant. And the Nets still ain't it cause if they were all these dogs wouldn't need to bark
Spoiler:
and come up with alt accounts to troll our forum

With that, take another won offseason and your blueprint and sit back and enjoy all the greatness that unfolds. Whatever happens, rest assured, I'm quite sure you all deserve it.
Let's not pretend that the attendance trolling is limited to this thread, it happens in nearly every Nets related thread by Knicks fans. This thread is KD replying to a question on why Knicks can't get stars. I would say that KD being a superstar himself, one of many stars who had the opportunity to sign with the Knicks but didn't, he has a good perspective on why stars don't go to Knicks. But many Knicks fans (not all) don't want to accept that, and take offense to it, even though there's a lot of truth in there.

And don't make up bs about Nets PR/staff talking about the Knicks, they've said absolutely nothing on the Knicks. It's not KD's fault that he is constantly asked questions by media about the Knicks.
MrDollarBills
RealGM
And1: 35,837

Post#255 » by MrDollarBills » Thu Oct 10, 2019 2:14 am

Illuminatos wrote:
The Knicks are a garbage franchise and team.

I agree.
BAF Indiana Pacers 2023-24

C: Richaun Holmes/Thomas Bryant
PF: Karl Anthony Towns/Santi Aldama
SF: OG Anunoby/Matisse Thybulle
SG: Luke Kennard/Terance Mann/K. Caldwell Pope
PG: Cole Anthony/Isaiah Joe
MrDollarBills
RealGM

Post#256 » by MrDollarBills » Thu Oct 10, 2019 2:15 am

Kampuchea wrote:Knicks ain’t cool so the media and KD just keep talking about them. If the Knicks were cooler the media and KD would leave them alone and stop talking Knicks.

He keeps being ASKED about your garbage ass team dude. Blame the media.

MrDollarBills
RealGM

Post#257 » by MrDollarBills » Thu Oct 10, 2019 2:15 am

jvsimonetti0514 wrote:Dolan may be a terrible owner but at least he's not a commie bootlicker like joseph tsai. There's nothing cool about tasting leather from authoritarian governments.

I agree with you. **** Joe Tsai.

israelfirst
Senior
And1: 1,034

Post#258 » by israelfirst » Thu Oct 10, 2019 2:20 am

Dolan+Bill Diblasio
Kampuchea
RealGM
And1: 8,174

Post#259 » by Kampuchea » Thu Oct 10, 2019 3:24 am

MrDollarBills wrote:
Kampuchea wrote:Knicks ain’t cool so the media and KD just keep talking about them. If the Knicks were cooler the media and KD would leave them alone and stop talking Knicks.

He keeps being ASKED about your garbage ass team dude. Blame the media.

I should have said “media and KD” - oh wait I did. Take a seat Mr Nickels
cycl0nus
Rookie
And1: 773

Post#260 » by cycl0nus » Thu Oct 10, 2019 3:59 am

nyc needs to flip their youth for some decent starters. but no one is willing to take on their trash . dsj is ok but fragile. knox looks fat and when in shape is at best a 6th man that can chuck and get you 10 and 5. ntilkini is ass and who knows what rjbarnet brings (so far he s molded like a stacey augmon-type). no one special on nyc. stephen a. rolling in his grave. kd is right as no one wants to play there. worst franchise for all of the 2000s and all of modern era bball.

Return to The General Board