[Charania] The Houston Rockets have waived former No.1 overall pick Anthony Bennett

Moderators: ken6199, Dirk, bisme37, KingDavid, bwgood77, zimpy27, cupcakesnake, Domejandro, infinite11285, Harry Garris

Lalouie
RealGM
And1: 10,047

Re: [Charania] The Houston Rockets have waived former No.1 overall pick Anthony Bennett 

Post#21 » by Lalouie » Wed Oct 9, 2019 11:07 pm

reminds me

,,,,what's the latest on thabeet
NBAFan93
RealGM
And1: 14,221

Re: [Charania] The Houston Rockets have waived former No.1 overall pick Anthony Bennett 

Post#22 » by NBAFan93 » Wed Oct 9, 2019 11:12 pm

He was injured and I don’t think he was going to better in time to play enough for them to make a decision on him. They have to get down to a certain number of players on their roster.
miamiheat319
Veteran
And1: 6,960

Post#23 » by miamiheat319 » Thu Oct 10, 2019 12:15 am

Barnzy wrote:
miamiheat319 wrote:BuT hE dId So WeLl In ThE g LeAgUe LaSt YeAr

I know he got cut because he is injured, just let me have my joke

Isn't he injured?

So his play is not a factor here.

Look a little closer there homie
NBA Jersey connoisseur
https://youtu.be/k-PaOWxvnz0
kuclas
General Manager
And1: 3,898

Post#24 » by kuclas » Thu Oct 10, 2019 12:57 am

He should have claimed a mysterious shoulder injury after 4 games his rookie year. And milked the entire guarantee 4 year rookie contract of overall number 1 picked.
gorz
Sixth Man
And1: 1,603

Post#25 » by gorz » Thu Oct 10, 2019 1:19 am

Mike Brown did him dirty.
ThatBoyNick
Assistant Coach
And1: 3,423

Post#26 » by ThatBoyNick » Thu Oct 10, 2019 2:08 am

Word was the team was actually excited about him, problem is that he just underwent knee surgery. I think the Rockets knew of his knee injury and that's why we went ahead and signed Ryno back again.

Just an FYI to everyone **** on him. He had a great season in the G-League last year, it's unfortunate he got injured before we could run him in pre-season, Bennett could have given up and enjoyed his millions if he wanted, instead, he got in great shape, improved his game in an effort the make the league, which I respect.
OzThunder
Rookie
And1: 393

Post#27 » by OzThunder » Thu Oct 10, 2019 5:31 am

kuclas wrote:He should have claimed a mysterious shoulder injury after 4 games his rookie year. And milked the entire guarantee 4 year rookie contract of overall number 1 picked.

Haha so much salt.
svart
Analyst
And1: 3,375

Post#28 » by svart » Thu Oct 10, 2019 6:21 am

Did the chinese make them do it?
''You don't need to be serious to be focused"
Philosopher and basketball player JaVale McGee
Triple7
RealGM
And1: 8,391

Post#29 » by Triple7 » Thu Oct 10, 2019 6:46 am

The greatest bust of all time!
UcanUwill
RealGM
And1: 28,600

Post#30 » by UcanUwill » Thu Oct 10, 2019 8:00 am

When he played in Turkey, he was arguably the worst Euroleague rotation player of entire year. He is so bad, I have no clue how he played his way into such a high draft pick. With guys like Morrison and Jimmer, they suck, but at least you can see skill that made them dominate college, but Bennett has nothing, he is just absolutely terrible.
sunskerr
General Manager
And1: 5,341

Post#31 » by sunskerr » Thu Oct 10, 2019 9:13 am

The Cavs don't get enough flak for picking this guy #1 in the first place. No other team had him there, lol.
Higgs Boston
Assistant Coach
And1: 2,625

Post#32 » by Higgs Boston » Thu Oct 10, 2019 9:16 am

good move to fix the situation, they will send him to china to improve food industry.
homecourtloss
RealGM
And1: 17,677

Post#33 » by homecourtloss » Thu Oct 10, 2019 1:43 pm

lessthanjake wrote:Kyrie was extremely impactful without LeBron, and basically had zero impact whatsoever if LeBron was on the court.

lessthanjake wrote: By playing in a way that prevents Kyrie from getting much impact, LeBron ensures that controlling for Kyrie has limited effect…
Mogspan
Senior
And1: 1,104

Post#34 » by Mogspan » Thu Oct 10, 2019 2:21 pm

leolozon wrote:
Ballerhogger wrote:No good bye tour ? Biggest bust by far in last 20 years

Disagree. His talent level was « lower end of the lottery in an average draft ». He was considered the 7th best prospect in what was considered one of the worst draft of all-time.

The Cavs being stupid doesn’t change the fact that many guys with his talent level are out of the league as fast as him.

If I pick my grandma with the number 1 pick and my grandma can’t make it into the NBA. It doesn’t mean my grandma is a bust, it means I was stupid to pick her there in the first place.

It's not all about pre-draft expectations. A bust can just be something whose value is much lower than what was given up to get it. Whether it's fair or not, the first overall pick was spent on him, and he was practically the worst player in the league. That makes him a bust, i.e., a failed pick.
Also, something that might surprise people. I think when it comes to athleticism, agility, physical attributes and skill I rate LeBron only in the top 50.
Funcrusher
Lead Assistant
And1: 6,130

Post#35 » by Funcrusher » Thu Oct 10, 2019 2:31 pm

homecourtloss wrote:Image

It's always weird to me that the on-ball defender showed no effort going over the screen there (if you can call it that) and they just switched when they really didn't need to. Somehow sticks out to me more than Bennett's actual lack of giving a **** :lol:
gh123 wrote:Zion lucky if he gets 18 ppg on decent efficiency. Midget big man is a no-career in NBA. Chuck being the only wonder. Zion is the next Tractor Trailer at best.
mynameKIM
Junior
And1: 793

Post#36 » by mynameKIM » Thu Oct 10, 2019 2:48 pm

First Morey triggered China now he's messing with Canada. :nonono:
Ballerhogger
RealGM
And1: 16,798

Post#37 » by Ballerhogger » Thu Oct 10, 2019 2:51 pm

Mogspan wrote:
leolozon wrote:
Ballerhogger wrote:No good bye tour ? Biggest bust by far in last 20 years

Disagree. His talent level was « lower end of the lottery in an average draft ». He was considered the 7th best prospect in what was considered one of the worst draft of all-time.

The Cavs being stupid doesn’t change the fact that many guys with his talent level are out of the league as fast as him.

If I pick my grandma with the number 1 pick and my grandma can’t make it into the NBA. It doesn’t mean my grandma is a bust, it means I was stupid to pick her there in the first place.

It's not all about pre-draft expectations. A bust can just be something whose value is much lower than what was given up to get it. Whether it's fair or not, the first overall pick was spent on him, and he was practically the worst player in the league. That makes him a bust, i.e., a failed pick.

This , he was first pick he was never injuried I mean couldn’t even back up at the end of bench . That’s bad
brutalitops
Lead Assistant
And1: 7,171

Post#38 » by brutalitops » Thu Oct 10, 2019 3:03 pm

One of those dudes who was a mix of never healthy. Showed some good signs at Minny just couldnt get his body right or weight down
Plutonashfan
Analyst
And1: 3,120

Post#39 » by Plutonashfan » Thu Oct 10, 2019 3:45 pm

It sickens me that my Cavs took this scrub I still remembering being at the bar when the pick came down and everyone boo'ed. He is Soooooo much worst then I could possible imagine. He better hope Fultz takes this terrible title.
The Champ is HERE!!!
jazzfan1971
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 8,088

Post#40 » by jazzfan1971 » Thu Oct 10, 2019 4:35 pm

I was a little jealous when Houston signed him. I feel better now.
"Thibs called back and wanted more picks," said Jorge Sedano. "And Pat Riley, literally, I was told, called him a mother-bleeper and hung up the phone."

Return to The General Board