Lakers-Nets Game In China Remains On As Scheduled

Moderators: bwgood77, Domejandro

RealGM Wiretap
RealGM
And1: 293

Lakers-Nets Game In China Remains On As Scheduled 

Post#1 » by RealGM Wiretap » Thu Oct 10, 2019 12:38 am

The game in China on Thursday between the Los Angeles Lakers and Brooklyn Nets will go on as scheduled, sources tell Shams Charania of The Athletic.

The future of the NBA in China remains uncertain following a Tweet by Daryl Morey and a number of subsequent statements by the NBA.

China's state broadcaster announced they would suspend streaming of preseason NBA games played in China. Sponsors have also suspended their deals with the Houston Rockets, who were previously the second most popular team in China.

Via Shams Charania/The Athletic

Beam Me Up Foxy
Lead Assistant
And1: 655

Re: Lakers-Nets Game In China Remains On As Scheduled 

Post#3 » by Beam Me Up Foxy » Thu Oct 10, 2019 2:21 am

I stand with Doryl Morey and condemn totalitarian regimes who oppress everywhere in the world

Sent from my SM-N976V using Tapatalk
LAKESHOW
RealGM
And1: 4,190

Post#4 » by LAKESHOW » Thu Oct 10, 2019 2:26 am

Although Government powers are at odds with eachother. Even though politicians have philosophical differences. The Lakers have the power to unify. We hope that other nba teams and their fans grow to appreciate the Laker organization, and our vast contributions. The Chinese making allowance for the Purple and Gold is proof in our growing importance, in Global affairs.
Home of the 17 Time World Champions
tacos
Senior
And1: 385

Post#5 » by tacos » Thu Oct 10, 2019 2:39 am

Hield of Dreams wrote:I stand with Doryl Morey and condemn totalitarian regimes who oppress everywhere in the world

Well there go all of your Chinese sponsorships... no more being sponsored by broken junk manufacturers for you
grindtime22
Assistant Coach
And1: 4,656

Post#6 » by grindtime22 » Thu Oct 10, 2019 5:00 am

tacos wrote:
Hield of Dreams wrote:I stand with Doryl Morey and condemn totalitarian regimes who oppress everywhere in the world

Well there go all of your Chinese sponsorships... no more being sponsored by broken junk manufacturers for you

He is supposed to delete that post 10 minutes later
dantheman74
Senior
And1: 299

Post#7 » by dantheman74 » Thu Oct 10, 2019 6:54 am

Of course Tsai will send the Nets, but the Lakers simply shouldn't go. Just how far will American companies bend over for Chinese $ ?
FreeBoosie
Senior
And1: 119

Post#8 » by FreeBoosie » Thu Oct 10, 2019 2:12 pm

LAKESHOW wrote:Although Government powers are at odds with eachother. Even though politicians have philosophical differences. The Lakers have the power to unify. We hope that other nba teams and their fans grow to appreciate the Laker organization, and our vast contributions. The Chinese making allowance for the Purple and Gold is proof in our growing importance, in Global affairs.

Lmao
FecesOfDeath
Head Coach
And1: 1,675

Post#9 » by FecesOfDeath » Thu Oct 10, 2019 2:50 pm

Did LeBron come out with an umbrella for Hong Kong like the way he posed with a hoodie for Trayvon Martin?
SeanDaRyan
Junior
And1: 130

Post#10 » by SeanDaRyan » Thu Oct 10, 2019 7:52 pm

id much rather live in China then the US or Canada. I hate having to come back to Canada

Return to Wiretap Discussion