Preseason games discussion thread 2019

Moderators: ken6199, Dirk, bisme37, KingDavid, bwgood77, zimpy27, cupcakesnake, Domejandro, infinite11285, Harry Garris

How many times will the phrase "it's only preseason" be used in this thread on average?

Once every 10 pages or more
8%
Once every 8 pages
No votes
Once every 6 pages
1%
Once every 4 pages
4%
Once every 3 pages
7%
Once every 2 pages
17%
Once every page
16%
Twice every page
16%
Thrice or more every page
31%

Total votes: 153

BKSZN
Junior
And1: 240

Re: Preseason games discussion thread 2019 

Post#941 » by BKSZN » Thu Oct 10, 2019 2:56 pm

infinite11285 wrote:
SpeedyG wrote:
infinite11285 wrote:
Watch the game rather than box scores. All rotational guys were subbed out for the remainder of the game midway through the 3rd and never saw the floor again. At that time, the Lakers were ahead and in control.
If you watched the game you would also know the Nets basically were without Kyrie and Caris from 1st minutes of the game. But you do you...

Sent from my SM-G925T using RealGM mobile app

Oh, I'm well aware. The fact of the matter is no one knows who would've won if Kyrie, Caris, and all regular rotational guys played normal minutes. But I do know the chest-pounding and hot takes after an exhibition game in China is beyond narrow-minded.

Those same Lakers said “consider this a warning” after an exhibition game. :lol: if that’s not a hot take, then what is?
Trader_Joe
Forum Mod
Forum Mod
And1: 3,948

Post#942 » by Trader_Joe » Thu Oct 10, 2019 2:56 pm

ClipsFanSince98 wrote:
infinite11285 wrote:
ClipsFanSince98 wrote:Shorthanded Nets missing their 3 best guys beat Lakers who had AD+Rondo+LeBron all put up a combined 54 points in decent minutes. Considered a warning?

Sent from my LM-Q710(FGN) using RealGM mobile app

Watch the game rather than box scores. All rotational guys were subbed out for the remainder of the game midway through the 3rd and never saw the floor again. At that time, the Lakers were ahead and in control.
So we saw the Nets bench basically keeping it close, then when Lakers went to their bench they lost control. Sounds about right. The big concern for the Lakers this year is their lack of quality depth and how those pieces fit.

And conversely the Nets' depth is arguably their strongest advantage.
Game was back and forth as it could be really.

Dinwidde
Nwaba
Temple
Kurucs
J.Allen (not sure if D.Jordan is now the starter or that was situational today)

3rd string: Pinson, Musa, Chandler, Ellenson, Claxton
Mikhail Prokhorov wrote:My posse usually needs another vacation after a vacation with me.
infinite11285
Forum Mod
Forum Mod
And1: 25,540

Post#943 » by infinite11285 » Thu Oct 10, 2019 3:06 pm

ClipsFanSince98 wrote:
infinite11285 wrote:
ClipsFanSince98 wrote:Shorthanded Nets missing their 3 best guys beat Lakers who had AD+Rondo+LeBron all put up a combined 54 points in decent minutes. Considered a warning?

So we saw the Nets bench basically keeping it close, then when Lakers went to their bench they lost control. Sounds about right. The big concern for the Lakers this year is their lack of quality depth and how those pieces fit.

I agree with you there. This Lakers team has a lot of new pieces that have to fit quickly. This game really highlighted that Caruso won't progress up the rotation and will remain an of the bench guy. Rondo played really, really well; even with LeBron. That's what kind of shocked me the most.
infinite11285
Forum Mod
Forum Mod

Post#944 » by infinite11285 » Thu Oct 10, 2019 3:11 pm

BKSZN wrote:
infinite11285 wrote:
SpeedyG wrote:If you watched the game you would also know the Nets basically were without Kyrie and Caris from 1st minutes of the game. But you do you...

Oh, I'm well aware. The fact of the matter is no one knows who would've won if Kyrie, Caris, and all regular rotational guys played normal minutes. But I do know the chest-pounding and hot takes after an exhibition game in China is beyond narrow-minded.

Those same Lakers said “consider this a warning” after an exhibition game. :lol: if that’s not a hot take, then what is?

"Those same Lakers"? Have some perspective...

The Lakers TWITTER feed posted that hot take, not the Lakers themselves. Some intern kid sent that, not a member of the team or FO. You shouldn't take twitter so seriously.
ZB9
Sixth Man
And1: 696

Post#945 » by ZB9 » Thu Oct 10, 2019 3:12 pm

Luka and Porzingis looked really good in their first game.
BKSZN
Junior

Post#946 » by BKSZN » Thu Oct 10, 2019 3:15 pm

infinite11285 wrote:
BKSZN wrote:
infinite11285 wrote:

The Lakers TWITTER feed posted that hot take, not the Lakers themselves. Some intern kid sent that, not a member of the team or FO. You shouldn't take twitter so seriously.

DId I say the players said it? And their fans were cosigning that message so I don’t want to hear it it was fun when they beat the warriors now you want contest? Now Consider this right here a warning. Nets will dog walk you without our best players.
infinite11285
Forum Mod
Forum Mod

Post#947 » by infinite11285 » Thu Oct 10, 2019 3:16 pm

Trader_Joe wrote:
ClipsFanSince98 wrote:
infinite11285 wrote:

Dinwidde
Nwaba
Temple
Kurucs

Agreed. Their depth will pose issues for 90% of the league. I definitely think they're deeper than Boston, and could arguably be the deepest team in the entire association once KD returns next season.
BlazersBroncos
RealGM
And1: 7,874

Post#948 » by BlazersBroncos » Thu Oct 10, 2019 3:19 pm

[quote]I definitely think they're deeper than Boston[/quote]

That isn't very hard to do, Boston isn't even an average deep team IMO.

The depth is going to kill it in the regular season, but until Durant comes back they are not a true playoff threat.
infinite11285
Forum Mod
Forum Mod

Post#949 » by infinite11285 » Thu Oct 10, 2019 3:20 pm

BKSZN wrote:
infinite11285 wrote:
BKSZN wrote:Those same Lakers said “consider this a warning” after an exhibition game. :lol: if that’s not a hot take, then what is?

DId I say the players said it? And their fans were cosigning that message so I don’t want to hear it it was fun when they beat the warriors now you want contest? Now Consider this right here a warning. Nets will dog walk you without our best players.

It's certainly evident you took a tweet and it's replies from fans as the gospel. I'm not on twitter, so I'll leave the nonsense from that platform to you. On this board, I didn't see too many Laker fans make too much of the game against the Warriors. All of the bloviating and hot takes came from fans of other teams and sports media.
BKSZN
Junior

Post#950 » by BKSZN » Thu Oct 10, 2019 3:25 pm

infinite11285 wrote:
BKSZN wrote:
infinite11285 wrote:

It's certainly evident you took a tweet and it's replies from fans as the gospel. I'm not on twitter, so I'll leave the nonsense from that platform to you. On this board, I didn't see too many Laker fans make too much of the game against the Warriors. All of the bloviating and hot takes came from fans of other teams and sports media.

Give me a break. Their fans talked junk, so are we too. It’s above me now
Jazz9
Analyst
And1: 6,488

Post#951 » by Jazz9 » Thu Oct 10, 2019 3:29 pm

LeBron still missing those gimme layups he never used to during his last year on the Cavs
infinite11285
Forum Mod
Forum Mod

Post#952 » by infinite11285 » Thu Oct 10, 2019 3:30 pm

BKSZN wrote:
infinite11285 wrote:
BKSZN wrote:

Whatever helps you sleep at night...

IMO, trash talking during the preseason is rather foolish, and I hold that opinion for any fanbase.
SpeedyG
RealGM
And1: 1,310

Post#953 » by SpeedyG » Thu Oct 10, 2019 3:30 pm

Pinkyring wrote:
SpeedyG wrote:
infinite11285 wrote:
If you watched the game you would also know the Nets basically were without Kyrie and Caris from 1st minutes of the game. But you do you...

Thats so irrelevant to this post
Stay out of this Saltics fan lmao

Bless the man if his heart and his land are one ~ FrancisM, R.I.P. 3/6/09
yoyoboy
RealGM
And1: 18,793

Post#954 » by yoyoboy » Thu Oct 10, 2019 3:32 pm

BKSZN wrote:
infinite11285 wrote:
BKSZN wrote:Those same Lakers said “consider this a warning” after an exhibition game. :lol: if that’s not a hot take, then what is?

Man calm down, Brooklyn would get throttled in the playoffs by Philly or Milwaukee. Best they can hope for is a second round appearance.
MrDollarBills
RealGM
And1: 36,572

Post#955 » by MrDollarBills » Thu Oct 10, 2019 3:36 pm

Trader_Joe wrote:
ClipsFanSince98 wrote:
infinite11285 wrote:

Dinwidde
Nwaba
Temple
Kurucs

Musa looks like he'll be pushing for time. But yeah that 2nd unit is a lock. Nwaba, Temple, and Kurucs are going to be a problem all year long for teams.
BAF Indiana Pacers 2023-24

C: Richaun Holmes/Thomas Bryant
PF: Karl Anthony Towns/Santi Aldama
SF: OG Anunoby/Matisse Thybulle
SG: Luke Kennard/Terance Mann/K. Caldwell Pope
PG: Cole Anthony/Isaiah Joe
MrDollarBills
RealGM

Post#956 » by MrDollarBills » Thu Oct 10, 2019 3:37 pm

infinite11285 wrote:
BKSZN wrote:
infinite11285 wrote:

IMO, trash talking during the preseason is rather foolish, and I hold that opinion for any fanbase.

I agree but look at it from our perspective. We've been disrespected and mocked for years. Some of us aren't taking mess from any fanbase on here, especially from Knicks and Celtics fans. There's going to be beef on here all season long :lol:

BKSZN
Junior

Post#957 » by BKSZN » Thu Oct 10, 2019 3:37 pm

yoyoboy wrote:
BKSZN wrote:
infinite11285 wrote:

Man calm down, Brooklyn would get throttled in the playoffs by Philly or Milwaukee. Best they can hope for is a second round appearance.

And Lakers would get throttled by the Clippers and Utah while at full strength while the Nets don’t even have our best player for a whole season and Kyrie hurt :lol: Consider this a warning
BKSZN
Junior

Post#958 » by BKSZN » Thu Oct 10, 2019 3:38 pm

infinite11285 wrote:
BKSZN wrote:
infinite11285 wrote:

It’s basketball. When the ball rolls on the floor, trash will be talked
Archx
RealGM
And1: 7,932

Post#959 » by Archx » Thu Oct 10, 2019 3:38 pm

Jazz9 wrote:LeBron still missing those gimme layups he never used to during his last year on the Cavs

Same stuff with Doncic, missing the easy ones but makes the hard ones. Hardly anyone around but it just doesn't roll in. Weird world we live in :D
MrDollarBills
RealGM

Post#960 » by MrDollarBills » Thu Oct 10, 2019 3:40 pm

infinite11285 wrote:
Trader_Joe wrote:
ClipsFanSince98 wrote:So we saw the Nets bench basically keeping it close, then when Lakers went to their bench they lost control. Sounds about right. The big concern for the Lakers this year is their lack of quality depth and how those pieces fit.

Dinwidde
Nwaba
Temple
Kurucs

Agreed. Their depth will pose issues for 90% of the league. I definitely think they're deeper than Boston, and could arguably be the deepest team in the entire association once KD returns next season.

Yep and the team is prepared to retain everyone going into next season so a line up of Irving/LeVert/Prince/Durant/Allen is going to be lethal with sublime bench depth.

Return to The General Board