Preseason games discussion thread 2019

Moderators: Harry Garris, ken6199, Dirk, bisme37, KingDavid, bwgood77, zimpy27, cupcakesnake, Domejandro, infinite11285

How many times will the phrase "it's only preseason" be used in this thread on average?

Once every 10 pages or more
8%
Once every 8 pages
No votes
Once every 6 pages
1%
Once every 4 pages
4%
Once every 3 pages
7%
Once every 2 pages
17%
Once every page
16%
Twice every page
16%
Thrice or more every page
31%

Total votes: 153

SpeedyG
RealGM
And1: 1,310

Re: Preseason games discussion thread 2019 

Post#961 » by SpeedyG » Thu Oct 10, 2019 3:40 pm

infinite11285 wrote:
SpeedyG wrote:
infinite11285 wrote:
Watch the game rather than box scores. All rotational guys were subbed out for the remainder of the game midway through the 3rd and never saw the floor again. At that time, the Lakers were ahead and in control.
If you watched the game you would also know the Nets basically were without Kyrie and Caris from 1st minutes of the game. But you do you...

Sent from my SM-G925T using RealGM mobile app

Oh, I'm well aware. The fact of the matter is no one knows who would've won if Kyrie, Caris, and all regular rotational guys played normal minutes. But I do know the chest-pounding and hot takes after an exhibition game in China is beyond narrow-minded.

"We don't know what would have happened if the rotational players played"

So why are you bringing up that "Lakers rotational guys were subbed out" middle of the third?

Fact is the Nets led the game at the half with two of our best players essentially "subbed out" since the first minutes of the game.

It's a preseason game so at the end of the day it doesn't matter. But don't discredit what the Nets reserve did against what is essentially a full Lakers team (sans Kuzma) for essentially 3/4 of a game.

Bless the man if his heart and his land are one ~ FrancisM, R.I.P. 3/6/09
yoyoboy
RealGM
And1: 18,803

Post#962 » by yoyoboy » Thu Oct 10, 2019 3:41 pm

BKSZN wrote:
yoyoboy wrote:
BKSZN wrote:
DId I say the players said it? And their fans were cosigning that message so I don’t want to hear it it was fun when they beat the warriors now you want contest? Now Consider this right here a warning. Nets will dog walk you without our best players.

Man calm down, Brooklyn would get throttled in the playoffs by Philly or Milwaukee. Best they can hope for is a second round appearance.

And Lakers would get throttled by the Clippers and Utah while at full strength while the Nets don’t even have our best player for a whole season and Kyrie hurt :lol: Consider this a warning

They probably would. Too bad I'm not a Lakers fan and I never said anything about them.

And if you're expecting Durant to come back the same after an achilles tear you've got another thing coming. Another useful bit of info for you: Kyrie is always hurt. It doesn't work as an excuse when it's basically a given that he'll be playing through some kind of injury in the postseason every year.
OkcSinceSGA
RealGM
And1: 29,590

Post#963 » by OkcSinceSGA » Thu Oct 10, 2019 3:45 pm

Lebron looks like he's lost a TON of explosiveness and vertical last two years. Multiple layups with very little lift, couple wide open could of been easy dunks, didn't try.

Sent from my LM-Q710(FGN) using RealGM mobile app
“This kid reminds me of a 6-6 Chris Paul. He wants to win everything.”

Olin Simplis- SGA’s trainer.
infinite11285
Forum Mod
Forum Mod
And1: 25,618

Post#964 » by infinite11285 » Thu Oct 10, 2019 3:46 pm

SpeedyG wrote:
infinite11285 wrote:
SpeedyG wrote:If you watched the game you would also know the Nets basically were without Kyrie and Caris from 1st minutes of the game. But you do you...

Oh, I'm well aware. The fact of the matter is no one knows who would've won if Kyrie, Caris, and all regular rotational guys played normal minutes. But I do know the chest-pounding and hot takes after an exhibition game in China is beyond narrow-minded.

"We don't know what would have happened if the rotational players played"

So why are you bringing up that "Lakers rotational guys were subbed out" middle of the third?

Fair point.

Fact is the Nets led the game at the half with two of our best players essentially "subbed out" since the first minutes of the game.

It's a preseason game so at the end of the day it doesn't matter. But don't discredit what the Nets reserve did against what is essentially a full Lakers team (sans Kuzma) for essentially 3/4 of a game.

I’m not discrediting the Nets at all. I’ve given them a lot of credit in this very thread. With this core, they’re going to be dangerous for years to come.
BKSZN
Junior
And1: 240

Post#965 » by BKSZN » Thu Oct 10, 2019 3:47 pm

yoyoboy wrote:
BKSZN wrote:
yoyoboy wrote:Man calm down, Brooklyn would get throttled in the playoffs by Philly or Milwaukee. Best they can hope for is a second round appearance.

And Lakers would get throttled by the Clippers and Utah while at full strength while the Nets don’t even have our best player for a whole season and Kyrie hurt :lol: Consider this a warning

They probably would. Too bad I'm not a Lakers fan and I never said anything about them.

And if you're expecting Durant to come back the same after an achilles tear you've got another thing coming. Another useful bit of info for you: Kyrie is always hurt. It doesn't work as an excuse when it's basically a given that he'll be playing through some kind of injury in the postseason every year.

Your in the middle of a lakers vs Nets argument taking their side, so you will be adressed as a fan of them. Nobody, including you, knows how KD will come back. And here’s a bit of useful for you, we will dog walk you without Kyrie or KD. Then again you a Cavs fan so you getting dog walked anyway. I causually remember Cavs fans using Kyrie injury as a excuse as to why the Cavs lost in 2015 so the irony is too much to pass on :lol:
tdotrep2
RealGM
And1: 25,359

Post#966 » by tdotrep2 » Thu Oct 10, 2019 3:53 pm

ClipsFanSince98 wrote:Lebron looks like he's lost a TON of explosiveness and vertical last two years. Multiple layups with very little lift, couple wide open could of been easy dunks, didn't try.

that will occasionally happen with kawhi during the season, he'll look 35 for a week or 2 randomly.
yoyoboy
RealGM

Post#967 » by yoyoboy » Thu Oct 10, 2019 4:01 pm

BKSZN wrote:
yoyoboy wrote:
BKSZN wrote:And Lakers would get throttled by the Clippers and Utah while at full strength while the Nets don’t even have our best player for a whole season and Kyrie hurt :lol: Consider this a warning

Your in the middle of a lakers vs Nets argument taking their side, so you will be adressed as a fan of them. Nobody, including you, knows how KD will come back. And here’s a bit of useful for you, we will dog walk you without Kyrie or KD. Then again you a Cavs fan so you getting dog walked anyway. I causually remember Cavs fans using Kyrie injury as a excuse as to why the Cavs lost in 2015 so the irony is too much to pass on :lol:

The insecurity is bleeding through your post. Wow, the Cavs are going to be bad this year. You really got me there. We're in a rebuild so I'm hoping we'll be as terrible as possible.

We won our title already; you forget that in mentioning what happened in 2015? Brooklyn with broken down KD (check the history of every player who's had an achilles tear in the NBA), Kyrie, and a bunch of good but not great pieces isn't beating Milwaukee, Philly, LAC, Golden State, Denver, or Houston. Sorry.
BKSZN
Junior
And1: 240

Post#968 » by BKSZN » Thu Oct 10, 2019 4:09 pm

yoyoboy wrote:
BKSZN wrote:
yoyoboy wrote:They probably would. Too bad I'm not a Lakers fan and I never said anything about them.

The insecurity is bleeding through your post. Wow, the Cavs are going to be bad this year. You really got me there. We're in a rebuild so I'm hoping we'll be as terrible as possible.

We won our title already; you forget that in mentioning what happened in 2015? Brooklyn with broken down KD (check the history of every player who's had an achilles tear in the NBA), Kyrie, and a bunch of good but not great pieces isn't beating Milwaukee, Philly, LAC, Golden State, Denver, or Houston. Sorry.

You took a jab at Kyrie, as if your fan base didn’t use his injury as a excuse to why they lost a finals, so I’m not getting where you coming from.
Yes, the Cavs won their title, part to Kyrie cause without him to help Lebron, you would Probably be going into another decade without a title so be thankful. I see you left the Lakers out of teams we would beat :lol: absolutely nobody knows how KD will come back, but if he’s even 70% of his old self, we winning a title. KD and bunch of good players and The same Kyrie that helped bring you your first title in over 5 decades while hitting arguably the most clutch shot in finals history over the unanimous MVP
TheNewEra
RealGM
And1: 10,409

Post#969 » by TheNewEra » Thu Oct 10, 2019 4:24 pm

MrDollarBills wrote:
Pinkyring wrote:Kyrie signing is going to blow up in brooklyns face, should've went for kemba, Boston dodged a bullet, dude is a fragile as glass

His face is fractured and he took a direct shot to the face, let's see how tough you are dealing with that.

You'll be quiet as **** by December. Guaranteed.

Imagine it comes out Irving really wasn’t all that hurt from the hit he just didn’t want to play in China lol
yoyoboy
RealGM

Post#970 » by yoyoboy » Thu Oct 10, 2019 4:26 pm

BKSZN wrote:
yoyoboy wrote:
BKSZN wrote:

You took a jab at Kyrie, as if your fan base didn’t use his injury as a excuse to why they lost a finals, so I’m not getting where you coming from.
Yes, the Cavs won their title, part to Kyrie cause without him to help Lebron, you would Probably be going into another decade without a title so be thankful. I see you left the Lakers out of teams we would beat :lol: absolutely nobody knows how KD will come back, but if he’s even 70% of his old self, we winning a title. KD and bunch of good players and The same Kyrie that helped bring you your first title in over 5 decades while hitting arguably the most clutch shot in finals history over the unanimous MVP

Yeah, because once again I don't think the Lakers are a great team and I never said they were lol. This isn't about Lakers vs. Nets. It's your cockiness over a Nets team that's proven nothing and isn't all that impressive in terms of its roster next to the true contenders going forward.

And no, if KD is 70% of his old self, Brooklyn has no chance at a title. Bringing up the fact that Kyrie was instrumental in our title is irrelevant. I'm not denying he's a good player. But Brooklyn doesn't have a LeBron-level player who can put up 30/11/9 while having DPOY-level impact. Durant was not that type of player before he got injured, and he absolutely won't be that at 70%. And even in our case, we barely scraped by as it came down to the final minute. A 70% KD is most likely a worse player than Kyrie, and if Kyrie is even arguable as your best player, you're not winning anything.
Crives
General Manager
And1: 7,055

Post#971 » by Crives » Thu Oct 10, 2019 4:27 pm

Anyone know why preseason games are not always televised? Is it the league or the teams fault?

Suns first three games are not on tv... even not on league pass.
OkcSinceSGA
RealGM

Post#972 » by OkcSinceSGA » Thu Oct 10, 2019 4:28 pm

tdotrep2 wrote:
ClipsFanSince98 wrote:Lebron looks like he's lost a TON of explosiveness and vertical last two years. Multiple layups with very little lift, couple wide open could of been easy dunks, didn't try.

that will occasionally happen with kawhi during the season, he'll look 35 for a week or 2 randomly.
Kawhi has always seemed to exert very little into dunks. Not even same tier of explosive athlete as LeBron was. So not surprised.

OkcSinceSGA
RealGM

Post#973 » by OkcSinceSGA » Thu Oct 10, 2019 4:29 pm

Read on Twitter

I'm crying. Remember when Clippers fans talked about this?

Forte IV
Lead Assistant
And1: 6,497

Post#974 » by Forte IV » Thu Oct 10, 2019 4:31 pm

I know its been 2 pre-season games but I really want to call out every person who's a fan of a certain team who made fun of us Clipper fans. We laid down a truce to tell you Avery Bradley was hot garbage and ya'll didn't accept it.
If the Clippers win the championship next year I'm getting banned from RealGM
tdotrep2
RealGM
And1: 25,359

Post#975 » by tdotrep2 » Thu Oct 10, 2019 4:33 pm

ClipsFanSince98 wrote:
tdotrep2 wrote:

Kawhi has always seemed to exert very little into dunks. Not even same tier of explosive athlete as LeBron was. So not surprised.

yup but theres periods where he will get no lift at all, or his quickness will drop for whatever reason and then it will return
yoyoboy
RealGM

Post#976 » by yoyoboy » Thu Oct 10, 2019 4:40 pm

Bradley has been garbage for a while now. I didn't see anyone denying that.

Outside of Green, LA just has an incredibly weak rotation of guards. Bradley, Rondo, Cook, KCP, and Daniels are all terrible defensively. And offensively none of them are very reliable either. It says something when Caruso might honestly be your second highest impact guard.
OkcSinceSGA
RealGM

Post#977 » by OkcSinceSGA » Thu Oct 10, 2019 4:46 pm

yoyoboy wrote:Bradley has been garbage for a while now. I didn't see anyone denying that.

Outside of Green, LA just has an incredibly weak rotation of guards. Bradley, Rondo, Cook, KCP, and Daniels are all terrible defensively. And offensively none of them are very reliable either. It says something when Caruso might honestly be your second highest impact guard.
Naw, a ton of Lakers fans were talking about how his 55 games with the Clippers were a fluke and he was gonna be a big part of this team

OkcSinceSGA
RealGM

Post#978 » by OkcSinceSGA » Thu Oct 10, 2019 4:49 pm

Read on Twitter

yoyoboy
RealGM

Post#979 » by yoyoboy » Thu Oct 10, 2019 4:52 pm

ClipsFanSince98 wrote:
yoyoboy wrote:Bradley has been garbage for a while now. I didn't see anyone denying that.

Naw, a ton of Lakers fans were talking about how his 55 games with the Clippers were a fluke and he was gonna be a big part of this team

That's just being ill informed then. Bradley's defense has always been overrated just because he's good on ball but his defense especially fell off his last couple couple years in Boston. And offensively, it's apparent he was very dependent on Stevens who seems to do pretty well with small guards.

I honestly think Green is the only guard LA has who you can say would definitely be getting rotational minutes in the playoffs on the top tier contenders next year.
OkcSinceSGA
RealGM

Post#980 » by OkcSinceSGA » Thu Oct 10, 2019 5:15 pm

Read on Twitter

Return to The General Board