ImageImage

Detroit Lead Up (MNF)

Moderators: MickeyDavis, paulpressey25, humanrefutation

Ron Swanson
RealGM
And1: 23,625

Re: Detroit Lead Up (MNF) 

Post#21 » by Ron Swanson » Wed Oct 9, 2019 3:06 pm

NFL is the ultimate hot take/flavor of the month sport so that's not much of a surprise. I mean, it's been two whole years since Rodgers has had an MVP caliber season. That's like an entire era ago for most NFL writers and talking heads. Lemme guess, Brady, Mahomes, Wilson, Brees, and idk, Jimmy G or Goff?
neiLz
Assistant Coach
And1: 1,480

Post#22 » by neiLz » Wed Oct 9, 2019 6:09 pm

ibanezjp wrote:
humanrefutation wrote:By the way, someone send this to Aaron Rodgers, STAT.

Can’t read it. It’s insider only. Did they mostly pick Rodgers?

None picked rodgers but one was quoted:

"He hasn't had enough help around him," the exec said. "Some of the losing in recent years probably hurts his case, but that's hardly all on him."

Kind of weird that they are basing this on individual play but penalize him because he has noone around him.
raysbookclub
Lead Assistant
And1: 1,171

Post#23 » by raysbookclub » Wed Oct 9, 2019 11:39 pm

Read on Twitter
sdn40
Assistant Coach
And1: 1,418

Post#24 » by sdn40 » Thu Oct 10, 2019 6:31 am

The King take is a coincidence. Watch the standard highlight package from the game and you will see receivers running wide open gaining chunks of yardage right from the start. Turnovers and timely sacks saved the day
MickeyDavis
Global Mod
Global Mod
And1: 45,375

Post#25 » by MickeyDavis » Thu Oct 10, 2019 4:22 pm

Clete Blakeman is the ref
I'm against picketing but I don't know how to show it.
jimmybones
Lead Assistant
And1: 2,721

Post#26 » by jimmybones » Thu Oct 10, 2019 4:41 pm

For some reason I picture someone named Clete to speak in a very southern accent and say "well I'll be damned" a lot.
RiotPunch
RealGM
And1: 14,947

Post#27 » by RiotPunch » Thu Oct 10, 2019 4:45 pm

jimmybones wrote:For some reason I picture someone named Clete to speak in a very southern accent and say "well I'll be damned" a lot.

Did you play Red Dead 2?

https://reddead.fandom.com/wiki/Cleet
#FreeChuckDiesel
Bucksmaniac wrote:I'm sorry, but I'm starting to sour on Giannis
jimmybones
Lead Assistant
And1: 2,721

Post#28 » by jimmybones » Thu Oct 10, 2019 5:06 pm

RiotPunch wrote:
jimmybones wrote:For some reason I picture someone named Clete to speak in a very southern accent and say "well I'll be damned" a lot.

Did you play Red Dead 2?

https://reddead.fandom.com/wiki/Cleet

No sir, that is funny though
Profound23
RealGM
And1: 6,533

Re: Detroit Lead Up 

Post#29 » by Profound23 » Thu Oct 10, 2019 6:01 pm

Kerb Hohl wrote:
Profound23 wrote:Kerryon and Golladay will be tough..,,,curious to see how we are against Hockenson. This should be a fun game. Heading up there with family. Last time I saw the Lions it was vs Barry Sanders at County Stadium.

Hockenson got pretty beat up prior to the bye. The report was, "Hockenson will avoid IR" so I doubt he's gonna play. I'd imagine 2 weeks is enough to get out of the concussion protocol but it sounds like his shoulder is messed up enough + maybe still concussion issues to keep him out.

Full go in practice
Kerb Hohl
RealGM
And1: 4,171
Location: Hmmmm...how many 1sts would Jason Richardson cost...?

Re: Detroit Lead Up 

Post#30 » by Kerb Hohl » Thu Oct 10, 2019 6:26 pm

Profound23 wrote:
Kerb Hohl wrote:
Profound23 wrote:Kerryon and Golladay will be tough..,,,curious to see how we are against Hockenson. This should be a fun game. Heading up there with family. Last time I saw the Lions it was vs Barry Sanders at County Stadium.

Hockenson got pretty beat up prior to the bye. The report was, "Hockenson will avoid IR" so I doubt he's gonna play. I'd imagine 2 weeks is enough to get out of the concussion protocol but it sounds like his shoulder is messed up enough + maybe still concussion issues to keep him out.

Full go in practice

I guess I saw that as a real possibility as well given that most concussions aren't more than a week or two but I thought, "will avoid IR" might've suggested it was a bit worse.
Flames24Rulz
Head Coach
And1: 343

Post#31 » by Flames24Rulz » Thu Oct 10, 2019 6:34 pm

MickeyDavis wrote:Clete Blakeman is the ref

Ugh. The officiating in this league is criminal.
crkone
RealGM
And1: 9,330

Post#32 » by crkone » Thu Oct 10, 2019 6:35 pm

Brown, Adams, Savage, Tonyan not practicing. King, Williams, Linsley (limited), Goodson all practicing.

Code: Select all

o- - -  \o          __|
   o/   /|          vv`\
  /|     |              |
   |    / \_            |
  / \   |               |
 /  |                   |
trwi7
RealGM
And1: 26,392

Post#33 » by trwi7 » Thu Oct 10, 2019 9:18 pm

Just going to stop reading this **** clown. He's like Skip Bayless but worse and not popular.

Everything points to the Lions being the smart pick here. It’s time for the Lions to prove they’re ready to win games like this. It’s time for the officials to stop helping the Packers get wins in games like this, too.

Pro tip: watch this game with the TV on mute and find the radio coverage. If you can finagle the Lions radio feed, Dan Miller is the best play-by-play guy in the business. You’ll want to hear his call when the officials wrongly overturn a pass interference call to set up the Packers for a game-winning field goal...which Mason Crosby misses but gets another shot at because the Lions get penalized for lining up in the neutral zone even though clearly nobody is guilty.
stellation wrote:What's the difference between Gery Woelful and this glass of mineral water? The mineral water actually has a source."

I Hate Manure wrote:We look to be awful next season without Beasley.
humanrefutation
Forum Mod
Forum Mod
And1: 13,997

Post#34 » by humanrefutation » Thu Oct 10, 2019 10:02 pm

trwi7 wrote:Just going to stop reading this **** clown. He's like Skip Bayless but worse and not popular.

Everything points to the Lions being the smart pick here. It’s time for the Lions to prove they’re ready to win games like this. It’s time for the officials to stop helping the Packers get wins in games like this, too.

Pro tip: watch this game with the TV on mute and find the radio coverage. If you can finagle the Lions radio feed, Dan Miller is the best play-by-play guy in the business. You’ll want to hear his call when the officials wrongly overturn a pass interference call to set up the Packers for a game-winning field goal...which Mason Crosby misses but gets another shot at because the Lions get penalized for lining up in the neutral zone even though clearly nobody is guilty.

Risdon? The fact that you even clicked his article is distressing to me.
MickeyDavis
Global Mod
Global Mod

Post#35 » by MickeyDavis » Thu Oct 10, 2019 10:15 pm

PACKERS INJURY REPORT

Did not participate: WR Davante Adams (toe), CB Tony Brown (hamstring), S Darnell Savage (ankle), TE Robert Tonyan (hip).

Limited: DT Montravius Adams (shoulder), RT Bryan Bulaga (rest), DT Kenny Clark (calf), TE Jimmy Graham (rest), CB Kevin King (knee/groin), TE Marcedes Lewis (heel), C Corey Linsley (concussion), S Will Redmond (shoulder), QB Aaron Rodgers (knee), WR Marquez Valdes-Scantling (hamstring/calf), CB Tramon Williams (back).

Full: ILB Oren Burks (pectoral), OLB Kyler Fackrell (shoulder), WR Darius Shepherd (shoulder), OLB Za’Darius Smith (knee), RB Jamaal Williams (concussion).

LIONS INJURY REPORT

Did not participate: DT Mike Daniels (foot), DL Da’Shawn Hand (elbow), CB Amani Oruwaiye (knee), DT A’Shawn Robinson (knee).

Limited: WR Danny Amendola (chest), DB Quandre Diggs (hamstring), TE T.J. Hockenson (concussion), CB Darius Slay (hamstring).

Full: QB Matthew Stafford (hip).
MickeyDavis
Global Mod
Global Mod

Post#36 » by MickeyDavis » Thu Oct 10, 2019 10:16 pm

“It is a major injury, so it’s something that we’ve got to pay attention to and make sure we monitor in the correct way to make sure it’s not something that gets re-aggravated later on in the season, or I come back a little too early and really mess the thing up,” Adams said. “We’re just really trying to pace it at this point. I can’t really tell you when I’m going to play. It doesn’t feel how I want it to feel at the moment, but we definitely have time, so we’ll just kind of playing this thing (out).”

“I haven’t really had too many big injuries since I’ve been here,” he said. “It’s been the ankle a couple of times and that tends to linger when you don’t let it heal up properly. We’ve been trying to take it slow and just based off some of the minor things I’ve had since I’ve been here, I heal pretty quickly. To be in a position right now where I can’t really come back as fast as I want to or can’t really dictate as much – it’s not something you can just say, ‘I’m going to tough through this.’ It has to be healed, especially when you have ligament damage. We’ve got to be smart about it. I feel like we’ve made some strides in treating it, but we’ve got to make a few more.”
PintSizedBox10
Head Coach
And1: 3,225

Post#37 » by PintSizedBox10 » Fri Oct 11, 2019 12:37 am

Keep Adams out and let him heal up. I think we can go up against Detroit with a similar approach like we did in Dallas. Feed Jones and keep the chains moving.

I hope we see a complete performance from the O this week. I especially want to see Rodgers hit MVS in stride on one of those PA deep balls.
Ron Swanson
RealGM
And1: 23,625

Post#38 » by Ron Swanson » Fri Oct 11, 2019 12:44 pm

I just hope that we see him play before the bye week. Had a feeling when it happened that the injury was gonna keep him out longer than people expected. Turf toe can be really tricky.
MickeyDavis
Global Mod
Global Mod

Post#39 » by MickeyDavis » Fri Oct 11, 2019 2:51 pm

I'm hoping he's back for KC.

The line is down to 4 at some places and remains 5 at others.
MickeyDavis
Global Mod
Global Mod

Post#40 » by MickeyDavis » Fri Oct 11, 2019 4:01 pm

Read on Twitter

Return to Green Bay Packers