ImageImageImageImageImage

OT: League Pass Question

Moderators: 7 Footer, Duffman100, HiJiNX, niQ, Morris_Shatford, DG88, Reeko, lebron stopper

mattfaria12
Sophomore
And1: 236

OT: League Pass Question 

Post#1 » by mattfaria12 » Wed Oct 9, 2019 8:01 pm

Mods can close this once i get a response/answer.

Im thinking about getting league pass this year and had a few questions.

1. Are the post game replays full replays or just highlights?
2. Can multiple people watch at once at different places at one time?

Im mostly getting this if i can get full game replays. And i want to be able to share it with my bro. So, just checking out what i'll be getting before i pay for it.
@raptorscity8 for Raptors twitter news
HSOB SIRHC
General Manager
And1: 1,238

Re: OT: League Pass Question 

Post#2 » by HSOB SIRHC » Wed Oct 9, 2019 9:23 pm

You get full game replay from both home and away feeds as well as a shortened replay where I think they only show you the made baskets. As far as how many people can watch, I think it's only one at a time. Someone can confirm this?

Sent from my ONEPLUS A6013 using RealGM mobile app
Credit to Turbozone
dacrusha
RealGM
And1: 5,410

Post#3 » by dacrusha » Wed Oct 9, 2019 9:31 pm

Are local games blacked out? Are nationally televised games blacked out? Are blacked out games available to watch as replays?
"If you can’t make a profit, you should sell your team" - Michael Jordan
macNcheese3
RealGM
And1: 6,915

Post#4 » by macNcheese3 » Wed Oct 9, 2019 9:50 pm

dacrusha wrote:Are local games blacked out? Are nationally televised games blacked out? Are blacked out games available to watch as replays?

Yes. Unless you are using a VPN.
v1n5anity
Lead Assistant
And1: 3,057

Post#5 » by v1n5anity » Wed Oct 9, 2019 10:28 pm

mattfaria12 wrote:Mods can close this once i get a response/answer.

Im thinking about getting league pass this year and had a few questions.

1. Are the post game replays full replays or just highlights?
2. Can multiple people watch at once at different places at one time?

Im mostly getting this if i can get full game replays. And i want to be able to share it with my bro. So, just checking out what i'll be getting before i pay for it.

1. You can go back and watch previous games (the entire game) on demand and even switch off the scoreboard to avoid spoilers. They also have highlight replays and postgame interviews. And like the previous poster said, you watch either broadcast (home or away).

2. Only 1 person per account can watch.
v1n5anity
Lead Assistant
And1: 3,057

Post#6 » by v1n5anity » Wed Oct 9, 2019 10:31 pm

dacrusha wrote:Are local games blacked out? Are nationally televised games blacked out? Are blacked out games available to watch as replays?

In Canada I heard they're blacked out. It's in their FAQs. I'm in Asia and the only part of LP not available here is the NBATV shows. The TNT Halftime show isn't shown as well but I can always watch it on Youtube.
Indeed
RealGM
And1: 3,048

Post#7 » by Indeed » Wed Oct 9, 2019 10:33 pm

1) Replay are full (they removed commercials as well). Like me, if you cannot watch or prefer not to watch live, this is the best option, you can finish watching a game in 2 hours (fast forward free throws as well).
2) Never try, but it works on my phone data plan and my computer at the same time. If you are not watching live with blackout, you can probably manage it with your brother.
Indeed
RealGM
And1: 3,048

Post#8 » by Indeed » Wed Oct 9, 2019 10:37 pm

All games are available for replays with commercials removed regardless of blackout.
Blackout applies to games that are broadcast in your region, which means all local games (all Raptors games if you live in GTA/York region, plus national games).
JYD
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 7,209

Post#9 » by JYD » Wed Oct 9, 2019 10:44 pm

Couple of notes, I've been using international LP for a long time.

They've gotten better at certain things, occasionally they drop the ball though. For example I missed the first preseason game live, went to watch it a good 6 hours after it finished, still wasn't up, so I had to watch super **** condensed version.

It's 10 mins long and skips a lot of action, you get less value for that than you do for free NFL 15 min summaries on youtube.

It's usually not an issue, but they advertise it and it wasn't there for much longer than usual. Typically if you do want to watch a full replay, it will be up in less then an hour after the game ends. Then a couple of hours after that they edit it further to take out all the commercial time and halftime.
Jtoneller1
Junior
And1: 183

Post#10 » by Jtoneller1 » Thu Oct 10, 2019 1:25 am

Would the full game Raptors replay be blacked out too or is it just the live stream?

Sent from my SM-A705W using RealGM mobile app
mattfaria12
Sophomore
And1: 236

Post#11 » by mattfaria12 » Thu Oct 10, 2019 1:52 am

Thanks guys! Some really good info here
@raptorscity8 for Raptors twitter news
Ackshun
General Manager
And1: 4,574

Post#12 » by Ackshun » Thu Oct 10, 2019 2:56 am

India.

That is all.
superchimp
Junior
And1: 576

Post#13 » by superchimp » Thu Oct 10, 2019 3:53 am

It's all about the [rupees].
Raptor Jesus believes in OakleyDokely. Do you?
M3LKM4N
Sophomore
And1: 129

Post#14 » by M3LKM4N » Thu Oct 10, 2019 3:56 am

macNcheese3 wrote:

Yes. Unless you are using a VPN.

I use NordVPN on my phone for like $2.99 a month and I was able watch all raptors game :D
StopitLeo
RealGM
And1: 6,605

Post#15 » by StopitLeo » Thu Oct 10, 2019 1:32 pm

Jtoneller1 wrote:Would the full game Raptors replay be blacked out too or is it just the live stream?

Sent from my SM-A705W using RealGM mobile app

Just the live stream.
jbomb12345
Junior
And1: 19

Post#16 » by jbomb12345 » Fri Oct 11, 2019 5:27 am

which vpn do you guys use for international leauge pass. I used to use justproxy but its shut down, thanks in advance
monkeybelly
Sophomore
And1: 30

Post#17 » by monkeybelly » Fri Oct 11, 2019 1:22 pm

I have used International League pass for about 3 years now as I have cut the cable and here is everything i know:

1. Any game that is televised in Canada is blacked out during the game - so ALL Raptors games and usually marquee games of the week. Also includes All Star and pretty much all playoffs.

2. All games are available WITHOUT blackout restrictions about 1-2 hours after the game as replays. If its early, you are watching the full replay - No commercials but you are watching the IN GAME FEED which means watching dancers, people give out tshirts, in arena cam feeds and games, etc. Kind of cool because you can watch the halftime show at each game too. Once the tech people have edited the game, they replace it with the version that does not have the IN GAME FEED and just the full game.

3. I use a VPN - I use EXPRESS VPN - costs about $100 for the year. It allows me to watch the game live if I want to. Doesn't fail me.

4. You can use it on MULTIPLE Devices, just not at the same time. So if you and your bro watch at different times, go ahead and share. But if one is logged in and another tries to watch it will tell you that you are already logged into another device.

5. Quality has gotten better, and last season I didn't have hardly any issues, but sometimes I got audio lags or poor quality which I guess is due to usage at that time, but they have gotten much better and I never got it when watching the replay later on.

6. I live in Calgary, so I don't mind waiting for games and watching them later after the feed. I turn off live scores and watch at my leisure. I can even wait until the morning and have the game on my ipad while I do my morning routine.

7. You can get apps to use on tvs but I have not found these to work very well. So I have hardwired my computer with an HDMI cord to my tv to ensure I get best quality without worrying about cut outs. BUt more tech savvy people might have better solutions.

8. Ipad and phone version are a bit tricky too. I can pause LIVE games on the computer, but not on the apps - they just skip back to the live feed so If I pause on app it really is just stopping and I cant go back. But computer works fine and you can pause, rewind, and go to any moment of the game you want at will.

Hope this helps!
ReggieSlater
Starter
And1: 873

Post#18 » by ReggieSlater » Fri Oct 11, 2019 1:34 pm

Just so people aren't duped...if you don't use a VPN, the blacked out games won't be available for replay until days after they air. It is not a viable service to use even if you want to simply watch replays of games.

League Pass, as is presently constructed, is poop.
Hassassin
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 1,608

Post#19 » by Hassassin » Fri Oct 11, 2019 3:51 pm

Ackshun wrote:India.

That is all.

superchimp wrote:It's all about the [rupees].

:D
macNcheese3
RealGM
And1: 6,915

Post#20 » by macNcheese3 » Tue Oct 15, 2019 7:58 pm

Sorry in advance for the bump guys. Just a quick question. Has anyone signed up for LP with a VPN recently? Unfortunately, even with my VPN connected to India, it is showing Canadian pricing. I find this to be odd as I had no issues last year (I used expressVPN), I am now using SurfShark (got a better deal). Any suggestions or feedback would be greatly appreciated. Many Thanks.

Return to Toronto Raptors