TOR/DAL/CHA

Moderators: Trader_Joe, loserX, Andre Roberstan, HartfordWhalers, BullyKing, Texas Chuck, MoneyTalks41890, Mamba4Goat, pacers33granger

MoneyTalks41890
Forum Mod
Forum Mod
And1: 20,783

TOR/DAL/CHA 

Post#1 » by MoneyTalks41890 » Mon Oct 7, 2019 5:08 pm

With news of Lowry's extension the Raps are clearly looking to reevaulate in 2021 and won't have cap this summer. So, I propose this:

TOR out: Ibaka, FVV
TOR in: Batum, Brunson, Hernangomez, 2025 DAL 1st

Raptors get a starting SF and pick up some young guys as well as a pick.

DAL out: THjr, Lee, Brunson, 2025 DAL 1st top 10 prot
DAL in: Ibaka, FVV

Mavs get two great fits.

CHA out: Batum, Hernangomez
CHA in: THjr, Lee

Hornets cut some salary next year for a small price.

Lowry/Brunson/Payne
Powell/McCaw
Batum/OG/SJ
Siakam/RHJ
Gasol/Hernangomez
jimmy keys
Lead Assistant
And1: 2,889

Re: TOR/DAL/CHA 

Post#2 » by jimmy keys » Mon Oct 7, 2019 5:16 pm

Meh, I'd rather have pick swaps in 2020 and 2022 then a top 10 protected 1st 6 years from now.
daoneandonly
RealGM
And1: 2,984

Post#3 » by daoneandonly » Mon Oct 7, 2019 6:02 pm

While Dal is getting the betetr player/fit in the Ibaka/THJ swap, FVV is set to get paid, while Brunson is cheap. Add to that Dal is giving up a pick when they already owe the Knicks two, I think they say no.
Mr Swagtastic
Forum Mod
Forum Mod
And1: 3,170

Post#4 » by Mr Swagtastic » Tue Oct 8, 2019 3:05 pm

This is too far off to work, IMHO Dallas owes The Knicks a couple picks already as per the Porzingis deal and I don't see them giving away yet another pick that far off for a couple rental pieces like this.

Toronto I don't think wants Batum and they are still sour over the whole I don't want to play for them message Batum put out at the draft. I think we stay the course and keep Freddy and forgo the 2020 class as it isn't great anyways. 2021 is where you want to have cap space for anyways
Lord Leoshes wrote:i personally would rather keep Chalmers over Lowry
JamesConway
Sixth Man
And1: 1,014

Post#5 » by JamesConway » Tue Oct 8, 2019 3:51 pm

I seriously question why DAL even should have interest in FVV. Seth Curry had an incredible season when he was with us not too long ago and we just signed him to a multi year deal (he was a nightmare for pro tanking-fans). In Seth's first stint with the Mavs he excelled in our PnR heavy system and had the best year of his career. If we get that version of Seth again then I think we got the better smallish scoring guard individually. But regardless,

- Dwight Powell is elite in the PnR
- Porzingis is an elite floor spacing big
- Luka will take on the most defensive pressure

==> so the table is set for Seth to have a career year in DAL. I don't see the need to add another guard of that mold again.

Also, Imo, our payroll is already way too frontcourt-heavy. Porzingis got his deal, we've extended Powell and Kleber also re-signed for a MLE-type of raise. I think we have bigger needs than adding yet another frontcourt player like Ibaka.
Pinkyring
RealGM
And1: 6,327

Post#6 » by Pinkyring » Wed Oct 9, 2019 1:05 am

Pass for dallas we have enough bigs that cant rebound and we don't need to trade 1 backup pg for another
Jim Todd Jr.
Bench Warmer
And1: 1,477

Post#7 » by Jim Todd Jr. » Wed Oct 9, 2019 8:21 am

rather have van vleet then anyone else in this deal
Chips with the dip baybeeee.
Darren
RealGM
And1: 823

Post#8 » by Darren » Wed Oct 9, 2019 4:48 pm

Unlike many Mavs fan, I am interested in the deal. FVV and Curry is easily more effective than Brunson and Hardaway, especially on playoff floor. Ibaka fixes the frontcourt depth issue immediately. And the Mavs gets out of Hardaway deal with only 1 pick with the potenially to find the third young core in FVV. What's not to like? Knowing the Mavs, they will waste whatever picks they got. Don't bother trading any pick unless it is top few.
Swish1906
Head Coach
And1: 10,456

Post#9 » by Swish1906 » Fri Oct 11, 2019 12:02 am

Giving up Brunson on a dirt cheap multiyear contract and a future 1st for the expiring contracts of Ibaka and FVV. Thats an easy no.

They not even have any need at the G positions
Jim Todd Jr.
Bench Warmer

Post#10 » by Jim Todd Jr. » Fri Oct 11, 2019 8:23 am

Pinkyring wrote:Pass for dallas we have enough bigs that cant rebound and we don't need to trade 1 backup pg for another

One of them is Fred Van Vleet who got finals MVP votes.

The other is Russell Brunson.

Please dont mention them in the same breath.
Pinkyring
RealGM

Post#11 » by Pinkyring » Fri Oct 11, 2019 1:33 pm

Jim Todd Jr. wrote:
Pinkyring wrote:Pass for dallas we have enough bigs that cant rebound and we don't need to trade 1 backup pg for another

Thats cute, he's still a backup and we have enough of those
Swish1906
Head Coach

Post#12 » by Swish1906 » Fri Oct 11, 2019 1:45 pm

Jim Todd Jr. wrote:

You are trying to make the point that a lot of idiots are putting in the MVP votes?

Again: The Mavs have no playmaking issue and FVV can walk next year after demanding 10m+. When Brunson is still two years under contract for 1.5m (and still young and improving)
Jim Todd Jr.
Bench Warmer

Post#13 » by Jim Todd Jr. » Fri Oct 11, 2019 10:03 pm

Swish1906 wrote:
Jim Todd Jr. wrote:

You are trying to make the point that a lot of idiots are putting in the MVP votes?

Again: The Mavs have no playmaking issue and FVV can walk next year after demanding 10m+. When Brunson is still two years under contract for 1.5m (and still young and improving)

Did you watch the finals?
Texas Chuck
Senior Mod - NBA TnT Forum
Senior Mod - NBA TnT Forum
And1: 88,335

Post#14 » by Texas Chuck » Fri Oct 11, 2019 10:15 pm

Jim Todd Jr. wrote:

I'm confused who Russell Brunson is.

And no question Van Vleet is the more heralded player coming off that playoff run. But I think its fair for Dallas to not see him as needle mover to give up a valuable young pg and yet another 1st round pick. Even if the value difference is a first, it just doesn't make sense where Dallas is to pay that.

But make no mistake in my crow eating threat I have some posts to make on FVV. I was dead wrong on that guy. Now I have to hope I was dead wrong on the other backup PG in Toronto, but I don't think I am. I think Delon Wright is not very good and signing him was a mistake.
ThunderBolt wrote:I’m going to let some of you in on a little secret I learned on realgm. If you don’t like a thread, not only do you not have to comment but you don’t even have to open it and read it. You’re welcome.
Swish1906
Head Coach

Post#15 » by Swish1906 » Sat Oct 12, 2019 12:19 am

Jim Todd Jr. wrote:
Swish1906 wrote:
Jim Todd Jr. wrote:

Yeah and Hubie Brown need to go away with his stupid Vote. There was no question who was the finals MVP.

Trying to add some trade value because Hubie is senil since years is a joke.

FVV doesnt move the needle for the Mavs and next year He can Walk or demand 10m+ a year. So.the Mavs Take easily Brunson because of Skill level and contract situation
Jim Todd Jr.
Bench Warmer

Post#16 » by Jim Todd Jr. » Sat Oct 12, 2019 6:09 am

Swish1906 wrote:
Jim Todd Jr. wrote:
Swish1906 wrote:

You underrate players who know how to win. Fred has won his whole life.

Yeah and Hubie Brown need to go away with his stupid Vote. There was no question who was the finals MVP.

FVV doesnt move the needle for the Mavs and next year He can Walk or demand 10m+ a year. So.the Mavs Take easily Brunson because of Skill level and contract situation
Jim Todd Jr.
Bench Warmer

Post#17 » by Jim Todd Jr. » Sat Oct 12, 2019 6:10 am

Jim Todd Jr. wrote:
Swish1906 wrote:
Jim Todd Jr. wrote:

You underrate players who know how to win. Fred has won his whole life.

You underrate players who know how to win. Fred has won his whole life. He is the next Derek Fisher.
dalton749
Lead Assistant
And1: 4,433

Post#18 » by dalton749 » Sun Oct 13, 2019 1:47 am

Pinkyring wrote:
Jim Todd Jr. wrote:

You’re starting pg this year was the back up to our back up then lmao. Great logic.

With that said, Easy no for Toronto. There is nothing of value coming back to them with 2 of their top 6 guys going out.
Pinkyring
RealGM

Post#19 » by Pinkyring » Sun Oct 13, 2019 2:20 am

dalton749 wrote:
Pinkyring wrote:
Jim Todd Jr. wrote:

You’re starting pg this year was the back up to our back up then lmao. Great logic.

With that said, Easy no for Toronto. There is nothing of value coming back to them with 2 of their top 6 guys going out.

That's irrelevant, and luka is the starting pg so yeah, id rather have Brunson than fred all things considered
Jim Todd Jr.
Bench Warmer

Post#20 » by Jim Todd Jr. » Wed Oct 23, 2019 6:01 am

Pinkyring wrote:
dalton749 wrote:
Pinkyring wrote:Thats cute, he's still a backup and we have enough of those

That's irrelevant, and luka is the starting pg so yeah, id rather have Brunson than fred all things considered

LOL lets see brunson put up 34/7/5 once in his career

Case Closed.

Return to Trades and Transactions