The Washington Redskins Thread

Moderators: LyricalRico, nate33, montestewart

W. Unseld
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 106

Re: The Washington Redskins Thread 

Post#981 » by W. Unseld » Tue Oct 1, 2019 10:36 pm

I'm hearing firing rumors (or at least Stephen A Smith is) but I don't think they do it until after the New England game.

They would look dumb b/c whoever they appointed to replace Gruden would get killed by New England. It wouldn't shock me if Gruden got fired after the Pats game but they might also just can the D-coordinator instead so a head can roll.
BearlyBallin
Sixth Man
And1: 594

Post#982 » by BearlyBallin » Sun Oct 6, 2019 5:30 pm

Read on Twitter
?s=20

He has a burst & nice block by Bergstrum, but wtf tackle attempt from the Pats??
Tsze-Kung asked, "Is there one word which may serve as a rule of practice for all one's life?"

The Master said, "Is not Reciprocity such a word? What you do not want done to yourself, do not do to others."
~ Confucius about 500 BC
pancakes3
General Manager
And1: 2,626

Post#983 » by pancakes3 » Mon Oct 7, 2019 3:06 am

i'd be pretty upset that we wasted the #15 pick on Haskins but i'd be 10x more upset if we pass on Tua/Herbert because management doesn't want to admit wrongdoing.
Bullets -> Wizards
TGW
RealGM
And1: 5,883

Post#984 » by TGW » Mon Oct 7, 2019 12:36 pm

W. Unseld wrote:I'm hearing firing rumors (or at least Stephen A Smith is) but I don't think they do it until after the New England game.

They would look dumb b/c whoever they appointed to replace Gruden would get killed by New England. It wouldn't shock me if Gruden got fired after the Pats game but they might also just can the D-coordinator instead so a head can roll.

They actually kept the DC...strange.
Wizardspride
RealGM
And1: 9,866

Post#985 » by Wizardspride » Mon Oct 7, 2019 4:21 pm

Read on Twitter
?s=19
President Trump told two senior Russian officials in a 2017 Oval Office meeting that he was unconcerned about Moscow’s interference in the 2016 U.S. presidential election because the United States did the same in other countries
Wizardspride
RealGM

Post#986 » by Wizardspride » Mon Oct 7, 2019 5:49 pm

Read on Twitter
?s=19
President Trump told two senior Russian officials in a 2017 Oval Office meeting that he was unconcerned about Moscow’s interference in the 2016 U.S. presidential election because the United States did the same in other countries
TGW
RealGM
And1: 5,883

Post#987 » by TGW » Tue Oct 8, 2019 4:48 am

Jay Gruden is mad because he didn't have GM power. What a boob.
Wizardspride
RealGM

Post#988 » by Wizardspride » Tue Oct 8, 2019 11:45 am

Read on Twitter
?s=19
Wizardspride
RealGM

Post#989 » by Wizardspride » Sun Oct 13, 2019 12:16 am

Read on Twitter
?s=19

Read on Twitter
?s=19
BearlyBallin
Sixth Man

Post#990 » by BearlyBallin » Sun Oct 13, 2019 6:29 pm

Read on Twitter
?s=20

Skins up 7-3

Sacked Rosen 4 times?
Would have been 5 but this one got taken away due to the helmet to helmet penalty.

Read on Twitter
?s=20
Tsze-Kung asked, "Is there one word which may serve as a rule of practice for all one's life?"

The Master said, "Is not Reciprocity such a word? What you do not want done to yourself, do not do to others."
~ Confucius about 500 BC
Ruzious
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 11,579

Post#991 » by Ruzious » Sun Oct 13, 2019 6:41 pm

Lol, they have McLaurin and Richardson - both deep threats - as their starting WR's, and that pass to McLaurin is the only time they've gone downfield against a horrible defensive team. Miami is a historically bad team this season, and the Skins are barely holding on.

Now watch for... second half adjustment. :banghead: :nonono:

I've only watched some of the first half - saw twice on 3rd and 2 - trying short passes to Richardson that failed. Richardson is NOT a possession WR. Frikkin Miami easily stopped those passes. Jeebus.
"A common mistake that people make when trying to design something completely foolproof is to underestimate the ingenuity of complete fools." - Douglas Adams
BearlyBallin
Sixth Man

Post#992 » by BearlyBallin » Sun Oct 13, 2019 6:57 pm

Ruzious wrote:Lol, they have McLaurin and Richardson - both deep threats - as their starting WR's, and that pass to McLaurin is the only time they've gone downfield against a horrible defensive team. Miami is a historically bad team this season, and the Skins are barely holding on.

Now watch for... second half adjustment. :banghead: :nonono:

I've only watched some of the first half - saw twice on 3rd and 2 - trying short passes to Richardson that failed. Richardson is NOT a possession WR. Frikkin Miami easily stopped those passes. Jeebus.

Read on Twitter
?s=20
They must have heard you. :D

~ Confucius about 500 BC
BearlyBallin
Sixth Man

Post#993 » by BearlyBallin » Sun Oct 13, 2019 7:03 pm

Read on Twitter
?s=20
Nice pick by Hamilton, man has hands like a DB.

~ Confucius about 500 BC
Ruzious
Retired Mod
Retired Mod

Post#994 » by Ruzious » Sun Oct 13, 2019 8:14 pm

And even with all the positives, they only win against the worst team in football because of a missed 2 point conversion with 6 seconds left. How pathetic.
"A common mistake that people make when trying to design something completely foolproof is to underestimate the ingenuity of complete fools." - Douglas Adams
BearlyBallin
Sixth Man

Post#995 » by BearlyBallin » Sun Oct 13, 2019 8:37 pm

Lol sure they almost lost but I’m just looking for something, anything to stay positive.

I like McLaurin. But he needs a better nickname Scary Terry makes me think of a kids cartoon.
I like AP running the ball too. :nod:

~ Confucius about 500 BC
Wizardspride
RealGM

Post#996 » by Wizardspride » Tue Oct 22, 2019 2:58 pm

Read on Twitter
?s=19
Ruzious
Retired Mod
Retired Mod

Post#997 » by Ruzious » Tue Oct 22, 2019 9:29 pm

BearlyBallin wrote:Lol sure they almost lost but I’m just looking for something, anything to stay positive.

I like McLaurin. But he needs a better nickname Scary Terry makes me think of a kids cartoon.
I like AP running the ball too. :nod:

What gets me is - they start 2 speed WR's in McLaurin and Richardson - and they threw downfield a total of never. I mean... why not just use h-backs/tight ends instead of WR's if you're not going to throw downfield? Everyone in the NFL except the Redskins understands that Richardson is not a possession type receiver. Being one-dimensional with AD resulted in... let's see... carry the 1... ZERO points. Gotta laugh that the Skins being maybe the single worst offensive team in football rely mostly on the oldest RB in football. Great planning. :banghead:
BearlyBallin
Sixth Man

Post#998 » by BearlyBallin » Sun Nov 17, 2019 6:03 pm

Read on Twitter
?s=20

Go youngsters HTTR!

~ Confucius about 500 BC
BearlyBallin
Sixth Man

Post#999 » by BearlyBallin » Sun Nov 24, 2019 5:43 pm

Read on Twitter
?s=20

It was reported earlier that Josh Norman would be a healthy scratch but that’s changed if this is correct.

So many empty seats, tickets going for $4... wow what a fall from grace.
There was a day when this team held court reining as DC’s favorite sports team. It’s getting harder to remember that feeling. Oh well another loss and we could be a Bengals win away from the #1 pick. Maybe take Chase Young DE or a OT Andrew Thomas?

~ Confucius about 500 BC
BearlyBallin
Sixth Man

Post#1000 » by BearlyBallin » Sat Nov 30, 2019 4:53 pm

Read on Twitter
?s=20

It would make sense to do this before selecting a new HC.

~ Confucius about 500 BC

Return to Washington Wizards