ImageImageImage

MUNDAY, OCT.14., ATL GT @ MIA, SEVEM-TIRTY PM ET, BRING POPCORN

Moderators: KingDavid, BFRESH44, MettaWorldPanda, heat4life, Wiltside, IggieCC, QUIZ

WHITE_HOT_HEAT
Sixth Man
And1: 2,209

Re: MUNDAY, OCT.14., ATL GT @ MIA, SEVEM-TIRTY PM ET, BRING POPCORN 

Post#61 » by WHITE_HOT_HEAT » Sat Oct 12, 2019 3:20 pm

Bishop45 wrote:

Praise the lord for booty!!!!
"And a Man?... A Man provides... And he does it even when he's not appreciated, or respected, or even loved. He simply bears up and he does it.... Because he's a Man...."
MadD23
Pro Prospect
And1: 1,437

Post#62 » by MadD23 » Sat Oct 12, 2019 4:44 pm

Read on Twitter
abark
Assistant Coach
And1: 3,416

Post#63 » by abark » Sat Oct 12, 2019 6:47 pm

kobewade11 wrote:
Spacely wrote:Just hoping it was worth two future second round picks, guess we’ll see in a few years. Type Giannis project

our last two first round picks (that we kept) are josh richardson and dexter pittman. What were those future second round picks really worth? He's not going to be a star player, he shouldn't be a scrub like Pittman, but could certainly end up in the realm of Richardson caliber. Temper expectations is all I would say.

Our pick we traded down from was used to pick Bol Bol.

I understand the significant injury concerns with him, but I'd still rather have him and our two future 2nd's back.

I tend to be more bullish on draft picks with injury concerns than most. But Bol was a projected top 5 pick putting up 20, 10, 3 as a freshman. Then again, I haven't read his medical reports.

Hopefully KZ proves me wrong.

Also, Josh Richardsons in the second round are extremely rare. We've nabbed guys like Whiteside, Tyler Johnson, Willie Reed, and Derrick Jones out of nowhere.

This year it's Nunn and Robinson. I'll take all those guys over a late pick. Our recent history with G-league and summer league players makes me feel much better about our complete lack of 2nd rounders.
MadD23
Pro Prospect

Post#64 » by MadD23 » Sat Oct 12, 2019 6:48 pm

Good. We'll start seeing the posible rotations Spo has in mind to start the season.

Read on Twitter
GopherIt!
RealGM
And1: 24,122

Post#65 » by GopherIt! » Sat Oct 12, 2019 9:39 pm

RexBoyWonder wrote:My body ain't ready for another Atlanta game thread bish

Kobewade11
Head Coach
And1: 15,588

Post#66 » by Kobewade11 » Sat Oct 12, 2019 11:06 pm

abark wrote:
kobewade11 wrote:
Spacely wrote:Just hoping it was worth two future second round picks, guess we’ll see in a few years. Type Giannis project

our last two first round picks (that we kept) are josh richardson and dexter pittman. What were those future second round picks really worth? He's not going to be a star player, he shouldn't be a scrub like Pittman, but could certainly end up in the realm of Richardson caliber. Temper expectations is all I would say.

I understand the significant injury concerns with him, but I'd still rather have him and our two future 2nd's back.

I tend to be more bullish on draft picks with injury concerns than most. But Bol was a projected top 5 pick putting up 20, 10, 3 as a freshman. Then again, I haven't read his medical reports.

Also, Josh Richardsons in the second round are extremely rare. We've nabbed guys like Whiteside, Tyler Johnson, Willie Reed, and Derrick Jones out of nowhere.

This year it's Nunn and Robinson. I'll take all those guys over a late pick. Our recent history with G-league and summer league players makes me feel much better about our complete lack of 2nd rounders.

Bol Bol couldnt even get a standard rookie deal. He’s on a two way contract in Denver. You guys just wanted a name and his was the most recognizable in the second round.
Bishop45
RealGM
And1: 109,191

Post#67 » by Bishop45 » Sun Oct 13, 2019 1:18 am

If JJ can just be peak JJ on defense, we could have some really nice defensive rotations
Long Live Winnie. Mamba siempre

Rest in Power Chadwick

#PeaceinGaza #FreedomforPalestine
Majestic7
Starter
And1: 8,501

Post#68 » by Majestic7 » Sun Oct 13, 2019 1:24 am

Bishop45 wrote:Had no idea that this photo existed, but it feels right to post here

Read on Twitter

I would love to see SDNY take down Giuliani.
Majestic7
Starter

Post#69 » by Majestic7 » Sun Oct 13, 2019 1:35 am

MadD23 wrote:
MettaWorldPanda wrote:
Read on Twitter

Dion was probably sent home because of that comment he made about not being cool with a bench role. Maybe for one or two practices. If he becomes a problem in the locker room, then he needs to go. I have high expectations from him this season, but not worth sacrificing team chemistry over him. The last thing we need right now is another Whiteside.

I never thought I would hear you say something like that about Dion MadD. You have been such a strong supporter of Waiters. Dion is a bit of an enigma. He can make me feel so good in one moment & then highly disappoint in the next. His inconsistent play & injuries have been frustrating to say the least. I'm pulling for him to play well in the first half so he has some decent trade value when February rolls around.
Majestic7
Starter

Post#70 » by Majestic7 » Sun Oct 13, 2019 1:42 am

Read on Twitter
MadD23
Pro Prospect

Post#71 » by MadD23 » Sun Oct 13, 2019 3:00 am

Majestic7 wrote:
MadD23 wrote:
MettaWorldPanda wrote:
Read on Twitter

Dion was probably sent home because of that comment he made about not being cool with a bench role. Maybe for one or two practices. If he becomes a problem in the locker room, then he needs to go. I have high expectations from him this season, but not worth sacrificing team chemistry over him. The last thing we need right now is another Whiteside.

I never thought I would hear you say something like that about Dion MadD. You have been such a strong supporter of Waiters. Dion is a bit of an enigma. He can make me feel so good in one moment & then highly disappoint in the next. His inconsistent play & injuries have been frustrating to say the least. I'm pulling for him to play well in the first half so he has some decent trade value when February rolls around.

You know it Maj, I am a big believer in Waiters. I can't fault him for that freakish injury that derailed him. All I remember is that winning run that made us one of the best in the league in that second half of the 2016-17 season. He overcame an ankle injury at the beginning of that season, but that second one was just too damaging. Then he made the mistake to not do surgery right away, played on it the next season, did more damage to it and derailed his recovery even longer. I wonder if the heat medical team is to blame for that as well.

Now to the present; This is the first time I see that same healthy, in shape, motivated Dion. He is looking really good with that first step and having his legs back is impacting all aspects of his game. I know he could be the second punch to Butler we badly need this season and he is a much better passer and defender than people realize. But with all that said, if he becomes a problem in the locker room, he will lose my support. I am a Heat fan first and to me this is not the right time for Waiters to be demanding anything. He needs to shut up and play the game with a positive attitude towards the present and future. I hope he uses his head and focuses on the right things so he could be a positive asset for this team. Hope he surprises everyone and make all the doubters and haters eat a big massive pile of xxxx :D
Majestic7
Starter

Post#72 » by Majestic7 » Sun Oct 13, 2019 4:35 am

MadD23 wrote:You know it Maj, I am a big believer in Waiters. I can't fault him for that freakish injury that derailed him. All I remember is that winning run that made us one of the best in the league in that second half of the 2016-17 season. He overcame an ankle injury at the beginning of that season, but that second one was just too damaging. Then he made the mistake to not do surgery right away, played on it the next season, did more damage to it and derailed his recovery even longer. I wonder if the heat medical team is to blame for that as well.

Now to the present; This is the first time I see that same healthy, in shape, motivated Dion. He is looking really good with that first step and having his legs back is impacting all aspects of his game. I know he could be the second punch to Butler we badly need this season and he is a much better passer and defender than people realize. But with all that said, if he becomes a problem in the locker room, he will lose my support. I am a Heat fan first and to me this is not the right time for Waiters to be demanding anything. He needs to shut up and play the game with a positive attitude towards the present and future. I hope he uses his head and focuses on the right things so he could be a positive asset for this team. Hope he surprises everyone and make all the doubters and haters eat a big massive pile of xxxx :D

Plenty of people felt that 2nd half was going to be a springboard to bigger & better things if the team stayed together. To me it was a freakish Jan/Feb 13 game winning streak after a horrid 1st half. Thinking objectively, I felt that was the best that group was ever going to play.

As for Dion now, I agree he has to put aside his expectations & figure out what he can do night in & night out to help this team win games. Remain healthy & be consistently good. He has to except this is Butler's team.
abark
Assistant Coach
And1: 3,416

Post#73 » by abark » Sun Oct 13, 2019 1:10 pm

kobewade11 wrote:
abark wrote:
kobewade11 wrote:

Bol Bol couldnt even get a standard rookie deal. He’s on a two way contract in Denver. You guys just wanted a name and his was the most recognizable in the second round.

I'm aware of the contract he signed. The Nuggets are an extremely deep team with no room left on their roster. And what kind of bargaining power do 2nd rounders actually have. None, which is weird.

I'm already wary of the injury, but I don't read to much into the contract aspect.
Indomitable
RealGM
And1: 5,400

Post#74 » by Indomitable » Sun Oct 13, 2019 2:50 pm

WHITE_HOT_HEAT wrote:
Bishop45 wrote:

Praise the lord for booty!!!!

Thank You God for Squats.
:banghead:
Bishop45
RealGM
And1: 109,191

Post#75 » by Bishop45 » Sun Oct 13, 2019 3:33 pm

Hol' on, weigh a minute

Where's Dulcer?

Smh, Doc finally found ole boi
Long Live Winnie. Mamba siempre

Rest in Power Chadwick

#PeaceinGaza #FreedomforPalestine
al bondiga
Starter
And1: 2,715

Post#76 » by al bondiga » Sun Oct 13, 2019 7:58 pm

I think O better play on Monday or else she will be known as a bish. Even goran played and he is way more important
rate_
Analyst
And1: 8,181

Post#77 » by rate_ » Sun Oct 13, 2019 8:04 pm

al bondiga wrote:I think O better play on Monday or else she will be known as a bish. Even goran played and he is way more important

Nah Miami’s guard rotation is pretty good. Bigs are thin though
Spacely
Analyst
And1: 6,155

Post#78 » by Spacely » Sun Oct 13, 2019 8:22 pm

[twitter]
Read on Twitter
?s=21[/twitter]

JJ gonna be playing let’s see about his conditioning
al bondiga
Starter
And1: 2,715

Post#79 » by al bondiga » Sun Oct 13, 2019 10:49 pm

rate_ wrote:
al bondiga wrote:I think O better play on Monday or else she will be known as a bish. Even goran played and he is way more important

Nah Miami’s guard rotation is pretty good. Bigs are thin though

you are right, but O better get into some sort of NBA shape and stop the BS ...Plus PF is a position where you don't to be known as a softy by your coach, your team mates or your rivals
Majestic7
Starter

Post#80 » by Majestic7 » Sun Oct 13, 2019 11:14 pm

Could this curtail his sideline cheerleading?

Read on Twitter

Return to Miami Heat