Best Lineups on One Side of the Court (repeats allowed)

Moderators: penbeast0, trex_8063, PaulieWal, Doctor MJ, Clyde Frazier

Ainosterhaspie
Starter
And1: 2,231

Re: Best Lineups on One Side of the Court (repeats allowed) 

Post#21 » by Ainosterhaspie » Tue Oct 15, 2019 5:49 pm

Offense

Nash
Curry
LeBron
Nowitski
KAJ

Nash obviously runs the offense at an elite level and LeBron would be the secondary creator. Curry often plays like a two anyway and would be the tertiary creator.

Nash, Curry and James on the break would be a nightmare. KAJ and Dirk have unstoppable moves for iso and half-court sets. Can't help off Curry and Nash because of three threat.

When James wants to run a play, Nash will give spacing so he can operate. Dirk and Curry do as well. If help comes off of KAJ when LeBron drives and LeBron feeds him he's going to be tough to stop.
liamliam1234
Senior
And1: 663

Post#22 » by liamliam1234 » Tue Oct 15, 2019 6:12 pm

70sFan wrote:My bad, I didn't read post-merger criteria. Sorry for that...

Nah, it is not a big aspect of the question, and the three posters before you violated that rule first, haha.

To your point about five Russells, on offence I was playing around a bit with the idea of just giving Magic three or four Currys and letting them go wild.
Dr Spaceman
General Manager
And1: 11,205

Post#23 » by Dr Spaceman » Tue Oct 15, 2019 6:26 pm

yoyoboy wrote:Assuming everyone is at their peak:

Offense:
Steph Curry
Kyle Korver
LeBron James
Kevin Durant
Channing Frye

Defense:
Tony Allen
Scottie Pippen
Draymond Green
Kevin Garnett
Hakeem Olajuwon

I’d think on offense you’d want a guy who can set screens and finish lobs at least a little bit. I don’t think 5 out offense is actually that effective.
“I’m not the fastest guy on the court, but I can dictate when the race begins.”
Dr Spaceman
General Manager
And1: 11,205

Re: Best Lineups on One Side of the Court (repeats allowed 

Post#24 » by Dr Spaceman » Tue Oct 15, 2019 6:36 pm

HBK_Kliq_33 wrote:
Dr Spaceman wrote:
Jaivl wrote:James
Bird
Curry
Curry
Nash

Russell
Garnett
Garnett
Allen
Frazier

Screw this, just go with 5 Garnetts. Switch every screen and dare anyone to pass against all that length and speed.

Why are people so high on KG's defense. Is it because he pounds his chest a lot and cusses at people? Twolves were never even top 5 defense with him and usually below average. Scottie Pippen in 1995 anchored the #2 defense by himself. Does KG just need Toni Kukoc and BJ Armstrong on his team?

KG trash talked me once and I’ve been terrified ever since. It was back in 2001 before he really became a big superstar. I was a ball boy with the Bulls back then. It was during warm ups and I was kind of Star-struck so I walked up to him and said “hey Kevin, my mom says I might be as tall as you some day!”.

“Get this **** **** kid right the **** out of my face” Garnett responded. “I need 37 minutes of anger meditation with my mp3 file of lion roars while I bang my head with a folding chair and you just wasted 15 seconds of it.” Horrified, I turned and walked back towards the sideline but before I got there Garnett grabbed me by the shirt, pulled me up to his eye level, and said “Daddy’s gonna beat your ass in 1 on 1 so hard you’re gonna shrink 6 inches”.

I was 8 years old at the time and clearly no match for Garnett. He sank fade-away after fade-away as I rolled into a ball and cried on the ground. After hitting 11 straight long 2s, he towered over me and said “you will spend every day for the rest of your life defending my reputation on the internet or I’ll drag your sorry ass to the closest court and make you eat cement, understand?” I choked out a reply and ran away as he barked and broke into hysterical laughter behind me.

And I’ve been on RealGM ever since.
“I’m not the fastest guy on the court, but I can dictate when the race begins.”
HBK_Kliq_33
Lead Assistant
And1: 1,844

Re: Best Lineups on One Side of the Court (repeats allowed 

Post#25 » by HBK_Kliq_33 » Tue Oct 15, 2019 6:57 pm

Dr Spaceman wrote:
HBK_Kliq_33 wrote:
Dr Spaceman wrote:
Screw this, just go with 5 Garnetts. Switch every screen and dare anyone to pass against all that length and speed.

Why are people so high on KG's defense. Is it because he pounds his chest a lot and cusses at people? Twolves were never even top 5 defense with him and usually below average. Scottie Pippen in 1995 anchored the #2 defense by himself. Does KG just need Toni Kukoc and BJ Armstrong on his team?

KG trash talked me once and I’ve been terrified ever since. It was back in 2001 before he really became a big superstar. I was a ball boy with the Bulls back then. It was during warm ups and I was kind of Star-struck so I walked up to him and said “hey Kevin, my mom says I might be as tall as you some day!”.

“Get this **** **** kid right the **** out of my face” Garnett responded. “I need 37 minutes of anger meditation with my mp3 file of lion roars while I bang my head with a folding chair and you just wasted 15 seconds of it.” Horrified, I turned and walked back towards the sideline but before I got there Garnett grabbed me by the shirt, pulled me up to his eye level, and said “Daddy’s gonna beat your ass in 1 on 1 so hard you’re gonna shrink 6 inches”.

I was 8 years old at the time and clearly no match for Garnett. He sank fade-away after fade-away as I rolled into a ball and cried on the ground. After hitting 11 straight long 2s, he towered over me and said “you will spend every day for the rest of your life defending my reputation on the internet or I’ll drag your sorry ass to the closest court and make you eat cement, understand?” I choked out a reply and ran away as he barked and broke into hysterical laughter behind me.

And I’ve been on RealGM ever since.

Nice story and you seem like a nice guy, very good poster as well. We don't always have to agree with each other. I don't mind if you're a KG fan but I always viewed him as the loudmouth Scottie Pippen. Both goat level athletes, both great playmakers, great length. Pippen decided to have 6 rings and no money, KG decided to be on garbage teams and make big money. Different career paths but similar level players. KG was very poor at getting to the freethrow line and lacked physical strength, his scoring efficiency dropped in the playoffs, he had obvious weaknesses that people overlook ranking him so damn high.

KG was never the offensive player that Dirk was and he was never the defensive player that Duncan was. I always viewed him as 3rd out of those guys and with Duncan its a distant 3rd.

15-20 GOAT is good for him but sticking with Twolves all but one year of his prime is what limited how much we can evaluate him as a playoff performer.
Jaivl
Head Coach
And1: 6,481

Post#26 » by Jaivl » Tue Oct 15, 2019 7:08 pm

liamliam1234 wrote:I like how people are ignoring the "post-merger" stipulation.

My bad, change Frazier for Kidd and Russell for... another Garnett (or Deke).

Jaivl wrote:James
Bird
Curry
Curry
Nash

Russell
Garnett
Garnett
Allen
Frazier
This place is a cesspool of mindless ineptitude, mental decrepitude, and intellectual lassitude. I refuse to be sucked any deeper into this whirlpool of groupthink sewage. My opinions have been expressed. I'm going to go take a shower.

Return to Player Comparisons