Here's What You Need To Know About Each Team

Moderators: Andre Roberstan, HartfordWhalers, BullyKing, Texas Chuck, MoneyTalks41890, Mamba4Goat, pacers33granger, Trader_Joe, loserX

jayu70
RealGM
And1: 11,917

Re: Here's What You Need To Know About Each Team 

Post#41 » by jayu70 » Tue Jun 25, 2019 11:19 pm

MoneyTalks41890 wrote:
jayu70 wrote:Hawks:
Have $13 mil in capspace to take on bad salary for an asset.
Still looking for a C, I'm hoping Dedmon is back, his early bird is ~$9.3 mil.
4 expiring contracts - Evan Turner (18.6), Allen Crabbe (17), Solomon Hill (12.8), Miles Plumlee (12.4). Word is Crabbe may seek a buyout, but with Baze traded he could get time in the rotation. SHill possible buyout candidate.

How do you feel about a Dieng deal? I guess you don’t have enough room to do it outright, but he could be a replacement for Dedmon and come with Okogie and a pick.

Which expiring do you want? Word is Turner will be our backup PG, so I guess not him, but you can have him if needed.
ChettheJet
Head Coach
And1: 1,913

Post#42 » by ChettheJet » Tue Jun 25, 2019 11:32 pm

For Chicago;

The OP is pretty much correct. The main thing they need is people to stay healthy and play the entire season. The team that ended last year was basically Lopez, Markkanen and a G League contingent. Those end of the bench guys are not going to come back to the NBA.

Again health makes their bench fairly capable before they start signing FAs. Hutchison at the end of his run last year and Valentine in the past looked capable of filling roles off the bench and even starting on occasion. Without a trade Dunn figures to start at PG which means White will add to the bench, I'm not so sure they spend the money on a veteran PG if they still have Dunn around. He's another guy that just has to stay healthy and it's his last chance to do it. Gafford probably a year away from contributing. So they need a pair of bigs to backup 4-5
VCfor3
Forum Mod - Grizzlies
Forum Mod - Grizzlies
And1: 3,978

Post#43 » by VCfor3 » Wed Jun 26, 2019 1:59 pm

Texas Chuck wrote:
VCfor3 wrote:Would a Mod mind un-stickying this for a short stretch? Think it would be easier for posters to see it and add their two cents. You can re-sticky it again later. Hoping it will help people who are much smarter than me post pertinent info about their teams haha.

You got it. Just send one of us a PM when you want it re-stickied.

I think this has slowed down. Do you mind re-sticking this thread?

Appreciate all the responses. This turned into a pretty solid list.
Roy The Natural
RealGM
And1: 5,421

Post#44 » by Roy The Natural » Wed Jul 17, 2019 8:35 pm

Adding to Portland. They know what they have in Anfernee Simon's. Like Collins, these are not throw in players. They are highly valued, and would require a high level (value) impact player coming back in order to be traded from Portland
shrink
RealGM
And1: 14,427

Post#45 » by shrink » Fri Sep 13, 2019 7:53 pm

Maybe after a crazy summer of free agent signings and trades, it’s time to do this again?
cupcakesnake wrote:I know a lot of people haven't seen him play, but no one is forcing you to make up an opinion and post it.
jazzfan1971
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 8,088

Post#46 » by jazzfan1971 » Wed Oct 16, 2019 6:43 pm

Utah Jazz: Jazz are fairly deep again this season. Major question marks are PF and backup PG. Jazz currently look to be planning on platooning the PF spot with Bogdanovic, O'Neale, and Green. And this may turn out great. But, it might end up that the Jazz decide to look at the trade market for a more traditional PF. I wouldn't think they could land a star player like a Love or Griffin or even an Aaron Gordon. Instead I think they'd be bargain shopping for an established vet that could be had cheaply. At backup PG they have Exum who nobody is sure what to expect and Mudiay who might be ok if he gets over his aversion to playing defense. In all honesty, we also have the option of playing Donovan Mitchell at PG which is probably the direction we would take if the Exum/Mudiay powerhouse fails to meet the challenge. So, I don't expect any moves will be made to shore up backup PG.

Best guess, Jazz inquire about guys like Marvin Williams and Thaddeus Young and keep their powder dry up until the last moment of the trade deadline to see if guys like that could be had for peanuts or not. All in all, not expecting any in season trades.
"Thibs called back and wanted more picks," said Jorge Sedano. "And Pat Riley, literally, I was told, called him a mother-bleeper and hung up the phone."
jayu70
RealGM
And1: 11,917

Post#47 » by jayu70 » Wed Oct 16, 2019 7:29 pm

jayu70 wrote:Hawks:
Have $13 mil in capspace to take on bad salary for an asset.
Still looking for a C, I'm hoping Dedmon is back, his early bird is ~$9.3 mil.
4 expiring contracts - Evan Turner (18.6), Allen Crabbe (17), Solomon Hill (12.8), Miles Plumlee (12.4). Word is Crabbe may seek a buyout, but with Baze traded he could get time in the rotation. SHill possible buyout candidate.

Hawks still have approximately $5 million in capspace.
Expiring contracts of Chandler Parsons $27 mil (perpetually injured, had something done to both knees in offseason, again), Evan Turner $18 mil (I don't think he's the answer at backup PG) and Allen Crabbe $17 mil (he's rehabbing from knee surgery so hasn't played in preseason).
Hawks need a Center to start ahead of Alex ideally or to a decent back him up to him if nothing else.
VCfor3
Forum Mod - Grizzlies
Forum Mod - Grizzlies
And1: 3,978

Post#48 » by VCfor3 » Mon Oct 21, 2019 3:13 pm

shrink wrote:Maybe after a crazy summer of free agent signings and trades, it’s time to do this again?

Probably a good idea. Was kinda letting the dust settle and maybe have a regular season game or two played to help dampen hot preseason takes/establish what rookies got extensions and who didn't.

Return to Trades and Transactions