ImageImageImageImageImage

2019 Off-Season: Draft, Trades, and FA Ideas Thread

Moderators: HiJiNX, niQ, Morris_Shatford, DG88, Reeko, lebron stopper, 7 Footer, Duffman100

Jermaine OBosh
Bench Warmer
And1: 1,046

Re: 2019 Off-Season: Draft, Trades, and FA Ideas Thread 

Post#1981 » by Jermaine OBosh » Thu Oct 17, 2019 3:22 pm

Rapsfan07 wrote:
Jermaine OBosh wrote:
Rapsfan07 wrote:
Agreed. They're a potential destination, especially for Ibaka.

Weren't they interested in Gasol before he opt-in?

I don't recall. Tbh it doesn't matter to me. I'm more interested in the return.

https://www.eurohoops.net/en/nba-news/897109/marc-gasol-reportedly-had-talks-with-pelicans/
https://clutchpoints.com/pelicans-rumors-new-orleans-interested-in-marc-gasol-if-he-opts-out-of-contract/
Red_Claw
Lead Assistant
And1: 8,646

Post#1982 » by Red_Claw » Thu Oct 17, 2019 4:37 pm

Jermaine OBosh wrote:
Rapsfan07 wrote:
Jermaine OBosh wrote:Weren't they interested in Gasol before he opt-in?

I don't recall. Tbh it doesn't matter to me. I'm more interested in the return.

https://www.eurohoops.net/en/nba-news/897109/marc-gasol-reportedly-had-talks-with-pelicans/
https://clutchpoints.com/pelicans-rumors-new-orleans-interested-in-marc-gasol-if-he-opts-out-of-contract/

If im New Orleans, i see what this team can do this year. The entire young core will be there next year minus Ingram who im sure they will re-sign.

Though id love to get a FRP from them, there's no reason to pick up an expiring contract unless they end up in the top 3 in the west with a real chance at a championship which is unlikely this year.
NotMyKawhi
Lead Assistant
And1: 5,027

Post#1983 » by NotMyKawhi » Thu Oct 17, 2019 4:59 pm

Rapsfan07 wrote:
NotMyKawhi wrote:A sleeper team to look out for is the pelicans

That's a great defensive team...jrue, Lonzo, Zion, even ingram has length...Walker alexander can guard, too. Haynes has the potential to be a good defender

If they are close to a playoff spot, I could see them flipping Favors and a pick for ibaka or Gasol. They have a ton of picks in the future

Agreed. They're a potential destination, especially for Ibaka.

I could see a big trade with them tbh...They need a defensive center, we have 2, and also could use a back up PG with Playoff experience. Could we get Walker Alexander from them? idk, that would be a dream for us. i think considering how many future picks they have, that would be more likely

ibaka and FVV

for

Favors, Moore, frank jackson and two future 1st round picks?

Moore would help us at the 3 spot, favors could fill in for ibaka and we can just play davis and Frank in the back up PG spot. I'd be down. It's an upgrade at the 3(where we need the most help, little loss at the back up big man from ibaka to favors and big lose at the back up PG spot. Could see this as a trade where we pick up 2 future 1st round picks and don't get much worse record wise, still make the playoffs

But would save us a lot of money in the future having to pay FVV and ibaka, plus we pick up the future 1st round picks.
SurgeIblocka
Head Coach
And1: 5,255

Post#1984 » by SurgeIblocka » Thu Oct 17, 2019 5:32 pm

From seeing what crap production Stanley and RHJ will bring I’m surprised Masai didn’t re-sign Green for two years for the same or more money then what LA offered. He only signed a 2 year deal with them. We could have given the same or more and still have flexibility in 2019.
We are really going to miss Green’s shooting
YogurtProducer
RealGM
And1: 27,131

Post#1985 » by YogurtProducer » Thu Oct 17, 2019 6:34 pm

tecumseh18 wrote:
YogurtProducer wrote:Since 2020 FA class sucks do this.

Ibaka + Gasol for Steven Adams + Danilo Gallinari.

Fits our team better, and OKC gets of the Adams contract one year earlier which I am sure their owners would love to hear. Would probably have to give them a 2nd rounder to give them some incentive.

In what universe are NBA champions Ibaka/Gasol less valuable to us than Adams and Gallinari? Yeah, Gallo can shoot, but he wilts in the playoffs. Just like OKC generally, Adams included.

People still think of Serge from his bad season two years ago. He's not that guy anymore, and he's definitely not 35. Serge makes mistakes, but he's still a heck of a ballplayer. Not to mention the emotional heart of the team. Not to mention our enforcer.

And Marc ... what can I say?

Just because you were the 4th and 6th best players on a ring winning team doesn’t mean you’re better than other players.
What an absolute failure and disaster this franchise is, ran by one of the most incompetent front offices in the league.
- Raptors RealGM Forum re: Masai Ujiri - June 2023
navyblue
Lead Assistant
And1: 5,612

Post#1986 » by navyblue » Thu Oct 17, 2019 8:44 pm

SurgeIblocka wrote:From seeing what crap production Stanley and RHJ will bring I’m surprised Masai didn’t re-sign Green for two years for the same or more money then what LA offered. He only signed a 2 year deal with them. We could have given the same or more and still have flexibility in 2019.

stanley and RHJ had no impact on ability to sign green. either he didnt want to be here after kawhi left or raptors didnt want him here after kawhi left.
sbsat
Lead Assistant
And1: 5,647

Post#1987 » by sbsat » Thu Oct 17, 2019 9:25 pm

SurgeIblocka wrote:From seeing what crap production Stanley and RHJ will bring I’m surprised Masai didn’t re-sign Green for two years for the same or more money then what LA offered. He only signed a 2 year deal with them. We could have given the same or more and still have flexibility in 2019.

Are you serious? Green made it abundantly clear he would re sign to run it back only. Once Kawhi left he signed the deal with the lakers, literally immediately.
SurgeIblocka
Head Coach
And1: 5,255

Post#1988 » by SurgeIblocka » Thu Oct 17, 2019 10:08 pm

sbsat wrote:

Are you serious? Green made it abundantly clear he would re sign to run it back only. Once Kawhi left he signed the deal with the lakers, literally immediately.

Like i said the deal from the Raptors for Green was only there if Kawhi re-signed, it wasn’t being offered to Green if Kawhi left. That’s the reality, they didn’t want to pay luxury tax on a team without Kawhi.

Basically they may be implying they want to defend the chip this year, but in reality they are not seriously contemplating it and are probably planning the rebuild. Otherwise why not sign Green for two years to compete for next little while even if it meant going into tax. The team made loads of revenue this championship run.
YelloC
Assistant Coach
And1: 4,489

Post#1989 » by YelloC » Thu Oct 17, 2019 10:24 pm

Whether this team overachieves with this core or underachieves and has a fire sale, it’s going to be a pretty exciting season.
There’s no hard feelings if players leave because they got their Chip and will most likely be sent to teams competing for the Conference finals.
LBJKB24MJ23
RealGM
And1: 21,168

Post#1990 » by LBJKB24MJ23 » Fri Oct 18, 2019 12:00 am

SurgeIblocka wrote:
sbsat wrote:

Like i said the deal from the Raptors for Green was only there if Kawhi re-signed, it wasn’t being offered to Green if Kawhi left. That’s the reality, they didn’t want to pay luxury tax on a team without Kawhi.

Basically they may be implying they want to defend the chip this year, but in reality they are not seriously contemplating it and are probably planning the rebuild. Otherwise why not sign Green for two years to compete for next little while even if it meant going into tax. The team made loads of revenue this championship run.

it was quite mutual between Green and Raptors --> all dependant on Kawhi resigning. I truly believe even if the contract was there, Green would have left and played for a real contending team.

loads of revenue =/= sign back everyone to half ass fake contention without Kawhi and block an important development year for Masai's project players. face it, Raptors are in a development year for their young draft/draft free agent signees.
raf1995 wrote:I just don’t think he has that kind of potential. I think we will regret not trading him for a haul in a few years when he’s a mid-tier starter with nice playmaking and defense and a shaky jumper.
Mr Swagtastic
Forum Mod
Forum Mod
And1: 3,179

Post#1991 » by Mr Swagtastic » Fri Oct 18, 2019 2:57 am

Glad Wiggins is off the top 100 player list. We can finally prove he's terrible and not worth anything on this roster
Lord Leoshes wrote:i personally would rather keep Chalmers over Lowry
Morris_Shatford
Senior Mod - Raptors
Senior Mod - Raptors
And1: 5,452

Post#1992 » by Morris_Shatford » Fri Oct 18, 2019 3:25 pm

Mr Swagtastic wrote:Glad Wiggins is off the top 100 player list. We can finally prove he's terrible and not worth anything on this roster

Are you kidding me?
I would take him in a heartbeat because I would assume he would come with at least three unprotected 1sts.
Thanks to Turbozone for the Sig!
navyblue
Lead Assistant
And1: 5,612

Post#1993 » by navyblue » Fri Oct 18, 2019 3:34 pm

https://www.espn.com/nba/story/_/id/27820197/wild-nba-predictions-giannis-big-decision-trades-watch-for

Zach Lowes predictions - Lowry stays put this season, but potential trades ideas from him

- Reggie Jackson, Langston Galloway and a lottery-protected Pistons pick
- Goran Dragic, some unwanted Miami contract, and the earliest available Heat first-rounder?
- Both LA teams, but sees a match hard
- Min could be interested
- Miami best fit
Miami makes the most sense. The problem is finding the right deal. Tyler Herro is probably off the table. A distant Miami pick along with Dragic and filler isn't enough. A combination of Dragic, Justise Winslow, and that distant pick might pique Ujiri's interest, but are the Heat trading all of that for a 33-year-old who doesn't make them one of East's two best teams?

A package of Winslow and some filler -- no Dragic, no pick, no Herro -- might be the compromise, but I could see both teams blanching.

Portland could be in market for gasol/ibaka

(Whiteside or Bazemore) + sweetner for gasol/ibaka
Raptorfan2012
Head Coach
And1: 4,259

Post#1994 » by Raptorfan2012 » Fri Oct 18, 2019 3:52 pm

navyblue wrote:https://www.espn.com/nba/story/_/id/27820197/wild-nba-predictions-giannis-big-decision-trades-watch-for

Zach Lowes predictions - Lowry stays put this season, but potential trades ideas from him

- Goran Dragic, some unwanted Miami contract, and the earliest available Heat first-rounder?
- Miami best fit
Miami makes the most sense. The problem is finding the right deal. Tyler Herro is probably off the table. A distant Miami pick along with Dragic and filler isn't enough. A combination of Dragic, Justise Winslow, and that distant pick might pique Ujiri's interest, but are the Heat trading all of that for a 33-year-old who doesn't make them one of East's two best teams?

A package of Winslow and some filler -- no Dragic, no pick, no Herro -- might be the compromise, but I could see both teams blanching.

I would trade Lowry to Miami only if they include Herro and Winslow (no need for picks). Don't care about the rest of the proposals.

Don't want Whiteside or Bazemore for Gasol unless Portland throws some juicy young assets.

If the Raptors want to make some noise in the playoffs, I feel like we have to keep Gasol - he was a big part of our success last year. If we do part with Gasol, it better be for some almost-ready young talent. I see us keeping Ibaka for the long run (he is only 30 and still in his prime).
Rapsfan07
RealGM
And1: 5,424

Post#1995 » by Rapsfan07 » Fri Oct 18, 2019 4:32 pm

navyblue wrote:https://www.espn.com/nba/story/_/id/27820197/wild-nba-predictions-giannis-big-decision-trades-watch-for

- Miami best fit

If I'm Portland, I'm probably going to keep Bazemore. They don't have much by way of quality SFs outside him.

On the flipside, the only player I'm interested in getting from them is Simons. If they don't want to move him, I don't think there's a deal to be made. I would rather use Ibaka in a deal with NOLA and Gasol in a deal with Boston for Jaylen Brown.

Something like Gasol, Powell (+ MAYBE OG, depending on how him and Brown look this year) for Hayward and Brown and Ibaka, Vanvleet (+ protected FRP) for Favors, Moore, Jackson & Walker.

Lowry/Brown/Hayward/Siakam/Favors
Jackson/Walker/Moore/RHJ

This team would need another cheap C to round out the bench but there's a nice group of young guys and expiring deals there.
bringbackhoffa
RealGM
And1: 5,041

Post#1996 » by bringbackhoffa » Fri Oct 18, 2019 6:01 pm

Should the raptors try gauging interest in the kings trading buddy hield. Buddy would give the Raps another offensive weapon especially from the perimeter as he is one of the best 3 point shooters last year. His defense is not ideal but with a defensive team around him you could tolerate that short coming.

I would think something around norm and OG for buddy would be something that could work for both parties?

I know we likely dont want to include OG but the raps dont have much to offer in terms of young players under team control that would be required to get a player like Buddy.

Keep in mind we would likely have to give buddy and siakam max contracts

Sent from my SM-G960W using RealGM mobile app
Charlotte Hornets 2024-25

Morant/Alvarado
Edwards/Huerter/Robinson
Durant/Bogdanovic/Royce
Draymond/Highsmith
Gafford/Collins

On the block: Huerter 36/2 years, Rubio- $6/3 years, Mills- $3/3 years, Duncan Robinson- $16/1 year, Okeke- $1/3 years
HeadtopChunes
Head Coach
And1: 10,224

Post#1997 » by HeadtopChunes » Fri Oct 18, 2019 7:38 pm

bringbackhoffa wrote:Should the raptors try gauging interest in the kings trading buddy hield. Buddy would give the Raps another offensive weapon especially from the perimeter as he is one of the best 3 point shooters last year. His defense is not ideal but with a defensive team around him you could tolerate that short coming.

I would think something around norm and OG for buddy would be something that could work for both parties?

I know we likely dont want to include OG but the raps dont have much to offer in terms of young players under team control that would be required to get a player like Buddy.

Keep in mind we would likely have to give buddy and siakam max contracts

Sent from my SM-G960W using RealGM mobile app

i think its probably better to just pursue him in RFA

Buddy is a good player and he would fit really well here but idk if its worth giving up assets for his RFA rights
Roddy B for 3
Analyst
And1: 1,039

Post#1998 » by Roddy B for 3 » Fri Oct 18, 2019 8:02 pm

Would the Raptors do Allen Crabbe (expiring 18M) + Brooklyn's 1st they traded to Atlanta (lottory protected) for Serge Ibaka?
7/1/2019
(I broke a mirror on 7-1-2012)
HeadtopChunes
Head Coach
And1: 10,224

Post#1999 » by HeadtopChunes » Fri Oct 18, 2019 8:29 pm

Roddy B for 3 wrote:Would the Raptors do Allen Crabbe (expiring 18M) + Brooklyn's 1st they traded to Atlanta (lottory protected) for Serge Ibaka?

I don't think thats a bad deal, In a vacuum matching expiring and a non-lottery first, is probably Ibakas value.

I do think they are far more likely to keep Gasol and keep Ibaka as a long term starter. I don't think it makes sense to trade both of them and given Gasols age plus greater trade value, it makes more sense to keep Ibaka.
Syd-TK3
RealGM
And1: 17,580

Post#2000 » by Syd-TK3 » Fri Oct 18, 2019 8:31 pm

Raptorfan2012 wrote:

- Miami best fit

I would trade Lowry to Miami only if they include Herro and Winslow (no need for picks). Don't care about the rest of the proposals.

Don't want Whiteside or Bazemore for Gasol unless Portland throws some juicy young assets.

If the Raptors want to make some noise in the playoffs, I feel like we have to keep Gasol - he was a big part of our success last year. If we do part with Gasol, it better be for some almost-ready young talent. I see us keeping Ibaka for the long run (he is only 30 and still in his prime).

Herro is 100% off limits
Maybe Portland considers Little if we add something else

Return to Toronto Raptors