ImageImageImageImageImage

OT: High-performance? CBD-infused drinks for athletes coming as pot edibles are legalized

Moderators: HiJiNX, niQ, Morris_Shatford, DG88, Reeko, lebron stopper, 7 Footer, Duffman100

Throwback24
RealGM
And1: 41,651

OT: High-performance? CBD-infused drinks for athletes coming as pot edibles are legalized 

Post#1 » by Throwback24 » Thu Oct 17, 2019 4:47 pm

2nd phase of cannabis legalization creates wave of potential business opportunities

"CBD became something that NHL players and pro-athletes and a lot of people were turning to as a healthier alternative to the methods that they were previously using," said Cammalleri.

Answers to common questions about CBD health claims for pain
But just how safe and effective is CBD at helping with pain and anxiety?

McMaster University professor Stuart Phillips says there are plenty of anecdotal reports about the benefits of CBD, but he'd like to see more science backing that up.

"The research that's out there is completely in its infancy," said Phillips, who is the director of the McMaster Centre for Nutrition, Exercise and Health Research in Hamilton.

"We know probably a lot more about THC than we do about CBD, but we know very little about either compound."

https://www.cbc.ca/news/business/cbd-drink-athletes-edibles-legalized-1.5322684

Hopefully Ujiri can lead the wave for a push towards more progressive athlete policing.

Also, Toronto's finest (this actually happened)

Remember when’ is the lowest form of conversation.
Mikistan
RealGM
And1: 38,387

Re: OT: High-performance? CBD-infused drinks for athletes coming as pot edibles are legalized 

Post#2 » by Mikistan » Thu Oct 17, 2019 4:59 pm

it is still likely in the CBA and their contracts that they can't use the stuff
Throwback24
RealGM
And1: 41,651

Re: OT: High-performance? CBD-infused drinks for athletes coming as pot edibles are legalized 

Post#3 » by Throwback24 » Thu Oct 17, 2019 5:04 pm

Mikistan wrote:it is still likely in the CBA and their contracts that they can't use the stuff

The NBA will most likely be the first to lead the way in changes. Goodell won't and we know the hockey moms won't enjoy the implication in hockey.
Remember when’ is the lowest form of conversation.
Raps in 4
RealGM
And1: 54,280

Post#4 » by Raps in 4 » Thu Oct 17, 2019 10:43 pm

CBD is a **** godsend. I suffer from chronic, debilitating migraines. I used to take Aspirin for them (only thing that worked) but eventually started getting bleeding because Aspirin is a blood thinner. Switched to CBD recently, and it works even better, with zero side effects (CBD doesn't even get you high, so you can still be functional). **** everyone who lobbied to have this banned for so long. Next up is to get shrooms legalized for mental health treatments. Using "street drugs" to treat certain ailments isn't some bogus pseudoscience BS. It's been clinically tested.
Westside Gunn
Lead Assistant
And1: 6,075

Post#5 » by Westside Gunn » Fri Oct 18, 2019 12:06 am

Raps in 4 wrote:CBD is a **** godsend. I suffer from chronic, debilitating migraines. I used to take Aspirin for them (only thing that worked) but eventually started getting bleeding because Aspirin is a blood thinner. Switched to CBD recently, and it works even better, with zero side effects (CBD doesn't even get you high, so you can still be functional). **** everyone who lobbied to have this banned for so long. Next up is to get shrooms legalized for mental health treatments. Using "street drugs" to treat certain ailments isn't some bogus pseudoscience BS. It's been clinically tested.

im in favor of cures but theres a difference between taking mushrooms willy nilly and taking limited amounts under observation from professioanals.

these drugs destroy lives every day. legalize mushrooms tomorrow then people will ask for crystal meth eventually.
i miss the days when the bricks was only nineteeeeeeeen, i need a 100 right now
Boogie!
RealGM
And1: 52,779
Location: Ba da da da daaaaaa. If you build it, they will come!

Post#6 » by Boogie! » Fri Oct 18, 2019 4:15 am

Raps in 4 wrote:CBD is a **** godsend. I suffer from chronic, debilitating migraines. I used to take Aspirin for them (only thing that worked) but eventually started getting bleeding because Aspirin is a blood thinner. Switched to CBD recently, and it works even better, with zero side effects (CBD doesn't even get you high, so you can still be functional). **** everyone who lobbied to have this banned for so long. Next up is to get shrooms legalized for mental health treatments. Using "street drugs" to treat certain ailments isn't some bogus pseudoscience BS. It's been clinically tested.

How long did u use it before noticing effects?
mdenny wrote:In anycase....Masai is probably gonna make Fred the first active player/head coach in franchise history now that Nurse is out of the way. That's been the plan all along.
Reeko
Forum Mod - Raptors
Forum Mod - Raptors
And1: 32,889

Post#7 » by Reeko » Fri Oct 18, 2019 5:06 am

Westside Gunn wrote:

im in favor of cures but theres a difference between taking mushrooms willy nilly and taking limited amounts under observation from professioanals.

these drugs destroy lives every day. legalize mushrooms tomorrow then people will ask for crystal meth eventually.

God forbid they ever legalize weed, people will be asking for heroin eventually.
Clay Davis wrote:COMPOSED ONLY OF THE COOLEST WOMEN AND THE HOTTEST GUYS, THE TORONTO RAPTORS REALGM BOARD HAS LONG BEEN KNOWN FOR ITS HIGH-QUALITY DISCUSSION, PASSIONATE LOYALTY, TEMPERATE CELEBRATIONS OF VICTORY, AND GRACE IN DEFEAT.
Raps in 4
RealGM

Post#8 » by Raps in 4 » Fri Oct 18, 2019 7:40 am

Boogie! wrote:

It started working quickly for me (although I never did much weed, so my tolerance was pretty low). I don't remember really having a break-in period. It might differ from person to person though.

It's reduced my pain and symptom intensity by like 95% though, as well as the frequency of attacks. I used to get migraines multiple times a week, and I'd become completely non-functional during the duration of the attack (complete blindness from auras, intense pain, extreme light sensitivity, nausea, confusion).

If CBD doesn't work, you can try smoking/vaping instead (some people report THC helping them, even though CBD didn't work), but that obviously comes with the high.
RaptorHooter
Lead Assistant
And1: 7,184

Post#9 » by RaptorHooter » Fri Oct 18, 2019 9:50 am

Raps in 4 wrote:
Boogie! wrote:

It started working quickly for me (although I never did much weed, so my tolerance was pretty low). I don't remember really having a break-in period. It might differ from person to person though.

It's reduced my pain and symptom intensity by like 95% though, as well as the frequency of attacks. I used to get migraines multiple times a week, and I'd become completely non-functional during the duration of the attack (complete blindness from auras, intense pain, extreme light sensitivity, nausea, confusion).

If CBD doesn't work, you can try smoking/vaping instead (some people report THC helping them, even though CBD didn't work), but that obviously comes with the high.

CBD saved my life too, do some research if you have any chronic health issues.
yellowknifer
Analyst
And1: 2,337

Post#10 » by yellowknifer » Fri Oct 18, 2019 10:11 am

People who suffer cluster headaches swear by regular doses of psilocybin. Say that it can make them go away almost immediately as well.. just an interesting side note.
J-Roc
RealGM
And1: 7,550

Post#11 » by J-Roc » Fri Oct 18, 2019 10:56 am

Raps in 4 wrote:
Boogie! wrote:

How do you determine the dose and how often to take?
Raps in 4
RealGM

Post#12 » by Raps in 4 » Fri Oct 18, 2019 11:24 am

J-Roc wrote:
Raps in 4 wrote:
Boogie! wrote:

A doctor prescribed it for me. You can ask your family doctor for a referral to a marijuana clinic.
Raps in 4
RealGM

Post#13 » by Raps in 4 » Fri Oct 18, 2019 11:53 am

yellowknifer wrote:

People who suffer cluster headaches swear by regular doses of psilocybin. Say that it can make them go away almost immediately as well.. just an interesting side note.

Wow, that's awesome. First time hearing about using them for migraines. I did a quick google search and it looks like it's been clinically studied too. My sister will be happy to hear about this as she hasn't been able to find any relief for her cluster migraines.
MadDogSHWA
General Manager
And1: 5,347

Post#14 » by MadDogSHWA » Fri Oct 18, 2019 1:13 pm

Westside Gunn wrote:

Right now we're talking about cannabis and mushrooms. Are you stating that cannabis or mushrooms can or has destroyed lives?
"Packin' a Yak in the back by the rack" ~ Big Pun (probably)
MadDogSHWA
General Manager
And1: 5,347

Post#15 » by MadDogSHWA » Fri Oct 18, 2019 1:15 pm

Biosteel will be sad when they find out they can neither sell nor manufacture them.

CBD is amazing. I wish I could take it. I go crazy after about 4 weeks and I think it has to do with chronically elevated GABA. I have anxiety and I've seen this happen in other people that suffer from anxiety. In general it is incredibly safe.
"Packin' a Yak in the back by the rack" ~ Big Pun (probably)
arneil
Sophomore
And1: 119

Post#16 » by arneil » Fri Oct 18, 2019 1:48 pm

Westside Gunn wrote:

I can agree with you on some points here. I deffinitely agree that taking mushrooms whenever is not the same as observed or prescribed dosages from a medical professional. But there are so many things that are out there that, I think, is much more dangerous than shrooms that are legal. Like alcohol/drinking or smoking. Im not 100% sure what shrooms do to your health. But from what I herd all shrooms does is give you a trip. I think if they legalized shrooms they should do they same thing to them as they do to cigarettes. Put a warning label on the shrooms of the side effects and its up to the consumer to purchase them or not.
Westside Gunn
Lead Assistant
And1: 6,075

Post#17 » by Westside Gunn » Fri Oct 18, 2019 9:57 pm

if you wanna do shrooms go right ahead but people should really approach mild altering drugs with caution.

just because you know successful people that do these everyday doesnt mean it will do good for you.

you can probably live a normal life and do your job with daily usage of alcohol and cigarettes, but the other stuff, not even close.

but i agree, cbd has a lot of potential in the future. i used to get killer migraines anxiety and stuff too but i had to completely stop drinking caffeine, energy drinks, coffee, eating chocolate and get regular sleep.
i miss the days when the bricks was only nineteeeeeeeen, i need a 100 right now
yellowknifer
Analyst
And1: 2,337

Post#18 » by yellowknifer » Sat Oct 19, 2019 3:29 am

Raps in 4 wrote:
J-Roc wrote:
Raps in 4 wrote:

A doctor prescribed it for me. You can ask your family doctor for a referral to a marijuana clinic.

Cool. i hope they help her. I have to be honest I have been wondering how effective this really is myself. I have seen the studies they seem promising. There's no harm in trying anyway if done responsibly.
YelloC
Assistant Coach
And1: 4,489

Post#19 » by YelloC » Sat Oct 19, 2019 9:57 pm

Many of today’s prescription drugs are based off of street drugs. Opium, heroin and opioids are basically the same thing. We won’t know if legalizing all drugs is negative until someone has the balls to do it. Removing the stigma and legal ramifications of addiction may cause more people to seek treatment as they may no longer feel stigmatized or fear from punitive sentencing. We don’t know until we know.
Airball Salmons
Rookie
And1: 765

Post#20 » by Airball Salmons » Sat Oct 19, 2019 11:52 pm

Just legalize all drugs like Portugal and a few other countries.. invest the funds into rehab and education

Return to Toronto Raptors