ImageImageImageImageImage

Raptors official updated Height and Weight measurements

Moderators: 7 Footer, Duffman100, HiJiNX, niQ, Morris_Shatford, DG88, Reeko, lebron stopper

johanliebert
General Manager
And1: 5,660

Re: Raptors official updated Height and Weight measurements 

Post#41 » by johanliebert » Fri Oct 18, 2019 6:54 pm

I still dont believe fred is 6 feet lowry has always looked taller.

As far as weight they rarely update those..do people believe lebron is his listed weight?
lobosloboslobos
RealGM
And1: 17,790

Post#42 » by lobosloboslobos » Fri Oct 18, 2019 7:06 pm

Red_Claw wrote:
YoungG wrote:
And1Skip wrote:
Spoiler:
Read on Twitter
?s=20

Very disappointed that Chris Boucher is still 200 lbs. Not gonna cut if for a PF/C. That's a SG weight.

Boucher NEEDS to get bigger. There's a reason his nickname is 'Slim Duck' and I don't think it has to do with anything good. lol If he can utilize his skills at a heavier weight, he'll be a bit better as a player, especially when rebounding and scoring in the paint.

BOUCHER WILL NEVER GET BIGGER. That is his frame/size for the rest of his career. The player you want him to be isin't going to happen but that doesn't mean he can't be effective.

Boucher is a 3pt shooter/shot blocker. He's not a positional rebounder but he can use his length to get boards. He's the fastest runner on the team for his size and he looks to run every play. He'll most likely never be a starter in this league and won't win every match up but he brings energy and scoring which is exactly what you want off the bench.

When we look at bench players, you will rarely find all around players unless they are young and developing. Every bench player has disadvantages. Its the coaches job to have them excel with their advantages.

Keon Clark was a druggy but he had the same frame as Boucher in a league that use to be all about size. If Keon Clark played in this era, he'd be much more successful. No reason why Boucher can't be successful now. Just needs the playing time to get comfortable.

even before your post i went looking for a pic of Keon Clark because I was thinking the same as you. But then you see the pics and Keon he was a beanpole but he was also ripped. If Boucher could look like this he'd be fine but I don't think he does.
macNcheese3
RealGM
And1: 6,915

Post#43 » by macNcheese3 » Fri Oct 18, 2019 7:07 pm

Gasol @ 7’1. I thought he was 7”. that inch just sounds like a big difference
RyderMike
Assistant Coach
And1: 6,799

Post#44 » by RyderMike » Fri Oct 18, 2019 7:33 pm

Fred must have stolen the metre stick, sawed off like 5 centimetres so when the measured him he was taller :lol:
lolwut
General Manager
And1: 12,908

Post#45 » by lolwut » Fri Oct 18, 2019 7:51 pm

McCaw and Boucher need to spend some time with me. I have an excellent bulking regimen.
2023-2024 FatherTracker™ - baby raptors looking to be adopted by a warm, loving family man
And1Skip
Lead Assistant
And1: 7,725

Post#46 » by And1Skip » Fri Oct 18, 2019 7:58 pm

lobosloboslobos wrote:
Red_Claw wrote:
YoungG wrote:
Boucher NEEDS to get bigger. There's a reason his nickname is 'Slim Duck' and I don't think it has to do with anything good. lol If he can utilize his skills at a heavier weight, he'll be a bit better as a player, especially when rebounding and scoring in the paint.

BOUCHER WILL NEVER GET BIGGER. That is his frame/size for the rest of his career. The player you want him to be isin't going to happen but that doesn't mean he can't be effective.

Boucher is a 3pt shooter/shot blocker. He's not a positional rebounder but he can use his length to get boards. He's the fastest runner on the team for his size and he looks to run every play. He'll most likely never be a starter in this league and won't win every match up but he brings energy and scoring which is exactly what you want off the bench.

When we look at bench players, you will rarely find all around players unless they are young and developing. Every bench player has disadvantages. Its the coaches job to have them excel with their advantages.

Keon Clark was a druggy but he had the same frame as Boucher in a league that use to be all about size. If Keon Clark played in this era, he'd be much more successful. No reason why Boucher can't be successful now. Just needs the playing time to get comfortable.

even before your post i went looking for a pic of Keon Clark because I was thinking the same as you. But then you see the pics and Keon he was a beanpole but he was also ripped. If Boucher could look like this he'd be fine but I don't think he does.

Keon was one of my favorite players during that era. But even Keon was listed at 220 lbs at 6-11. I don't know how Chris Boucher being 6-11 is only 200 lbs. I think you're right, the only difference between Keon and Boucher is that Keon had more muscle in the upper body and arms.
Raptorfan2012
Head Coach
And1: 4,222

Post#47 » by Raptorfan2012 » Fri Oct 18, 2019 8:00 pm

lolwut wrote:McCaw and Boucher need to spend some time with me. I have an excellent bulking regimen.

McCaw and Boucher should eat what Lowry is eating (before Lowry eats them).
SaveTheHens
Analyst
And1: 1,816

Post#48 » by SaveTheHens » Fri Oct 18, 2019 8:02 pm

Red_Claw wrote:
YoungG wrote:
And1Skip wrote:
Spoiler:
Read on Twitter
?s=20

Very disappointed that Chris Boucher is still 200 lbs. Not gonna cut if for a PF/C. That's a SG weight.

I'm with this type of thinking. Embrace the player you are, embrace your strenghts, work on those.
KD wouldn't be KD if he added 25+ pounds to be a PF/C
And1Skip
Lead Assistant

Post#49 » by And1Skip » Fri Oct 18, 2019 8:06 pm

SaveTheHens wrote:
Red_Claw wrote:
YoungG wrote:

I'm with this type of thinking. Embrace the player you are, embrace your strenghts, work on those.
KD wouldn't be KD if he added 25+ pounds to be a PF/C

KD is also 6-9 and 230 lbs. Boucher is 6-11 (without shoes) and 200 lbs.
RyderMike
Assistant Coach
And1: 6,799

Post#50 » by RyderMike » Fri Oct 18, 2019 8:07 pm

Fred VanVleet is this video 0:30 until 1:25
StopitLeo
RealGM
And1: 6,605

Post#51 » by StopitLeo » Fri Oct 18, 2019 8:14 pm

And1Skip wrote:Very disappointed that Chris Boucher is still 200 lbs. Not gonna cut if for a PF/C. That's a SG weight.

Apparently he has 4 lbs on Giannis (6'9" and 196 lbs from the revised measurements).

These measurements are garbage. Depending on the time of day that you measure a guy the height could be off by an inch and the weight by 5 lbs (or possibly more for both).
And1Skip
Lead Assistant

Post#52 » by And1Skip » Fri Oct 18, 2019 8:51 pm

StopitLeo wrote:
And1Skip wrote:Very disappointed that Chris Boucher is still 200 lbs. Not gonna cut if for a PF/C. That's a SG weight.

Apparently he has 4 lbs on Giannis (6'9" and 196 lbs from the revised measurements).

These measurements are garbage. Depending on the time of day that you measure a guy the height could be off by an inch and the weight by 5 lbs (or possibly more for both).

The Bucks haven't released their updated measurements yet (this is a new requirement by the NBA). And even if they have, doesn't mean the website would update (that all depends how lazy or not is the team web guy). 6'9 and 196 is more like his draft height and weight. We all know that publicly the team said Giannis grew to 6-11 by 2016. I'm guessing without shoes, he's 6-11 and 230-40 now.

At 26 years old and 6-11, Boucher should be a skinny 220, but he's way lower than that.
MadDogSHWA
General Manager
And1: 5,332

Post#53 » by MadDogSHWA » Fri Oct 18, 2019 9:16 pm

Next year we'll have reliable data for the previous year. I'm liking this new policy more and more.
"Packin' a Yak in the back by the rack" ~ Big Pun (probably)
Ivan Playoff
Junior
And1: 389

Post#54 » by Ivan Playoff » Fri Oct 18, 2019 9:54 pm

We'll never see Boucher on - "How Hungry Are You?"
dagger
RealGM
And1: 13,448

Post#55 » by dagger » Fri Oct 18, 2019 10:12 pm

Now do wingspan, NBA
2019 will never be forgotten because FLAGS FLY FOREVER
metafisical
Lead Assistant
And1: 5,714

Post#56 » by metafisical » Fri Oct 18, 2019 10:32 pm

Now do age, NBA.
I acknowledge and thank the lək̓ʷəŋən peoples of the Songhees, Esquimalt and W̱SÁNEĆ First Nations for allowing me to live, work and play on their unceded traditional territories. I also acknowledge the Métis Charter Community of Victoria.
canada_dry
Head Coach
And1: 5,193

Post#57 » by canada_dry » Fri Oct 18, 2019 10:56 pm

Lowry weight not surprising. He hasnt been able to do much basketball related activities on top of hes usually a guy that gains a bit in the offseason anyways. Im surprised its not more than 10.

Sent from my SM-G960W using RealGM mobile app
TOStateofMind
RealGM
And1: 21,305

Post#58 » by TOStateofMind » Fri Oct 18, 2019 11:28 pm

Congrats freddy :lol:
jimmy keys
Lead Assistant
And1: 2,889

Post#59 » by jimmy keys » Fri Oct 18, 2019 11:38 pm

lolwut wrote:McCaw and Boucher need to spend some time with me. I have an excellent bulking regimen.

Bulking is overrated. JV destroyed his potential by bulking.
tor1234567
Rookie
And1: 990

Post#60 » by tor1234567 » Sat Oct 19, 2019 1:25 am

lobosloboslobos wrote:
Red_Claw wrote:
YoungG wrote:

Keon Clark was "wirey" but still strong. Similar to how a young Kevin Garnett was.

Keon had zero issues going into the paint and dunking on players bigger than him.

Boucher is just frail.

Return to Toronto Raptors