ImageImageImageImageImage

Preason Game #4 GT - Best In The World @ BKN - 7:30 ET TSN2

Moderators: HiJiNX, niQ, Morris_Shatford, DG88, Reeko, lebron stopper, 7 Footer, Duffman100

Logicbro
Sophomore
And1: 117

Re: Preason Game #4 GT - Best In The World @ BKN - 7:30 ET TSN2 

Post#441 » by Logicbro » Sat Oct 19, 2019 2:03 am

Spragga wrote:Lol at KD asking the guy beside him who Thomas is and what’s his name?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I came on just to see if anyone saw this! lol.
LJKO
RealGM
And1: 16,356

Post#442 » by LJKO » Sat Oct 19, 2019 2:03 am

Brooklyn calling us overrate is so :lol: :lol: :lol:

We are champions SO HATE MORE!!!!!!!!!!!!

ALSO
BillyGM
Analyst
And1: 1,175

Post#443 » by BillyGM » Sat Oct 19, 2019 2:04 am

HeadtopChunes wrote:
Boogie! wrote:
tdotrep2 wrote:my boy stanley looks like a rec player in an nba body lol

How was he a top 10 pick

He put up the same stats as Paul Pierce in college lol

Him and Rondae Hollis Jefferson played for Arizona together :o
DraftExpress
What's funny is that I had lunch with Terrence Ross' agent yesterday. We talked about every possible scenario. Toronto never came up.
RaptorsNorth
RealGM
And1: 13,757

Post#444 » by RaptorsNorth » Sat Oct 19, 2019 2:04 am

We need to get rid of SJ
“Elephant in the room : Nick Thibodeau” Board member seanbig :lol: :lol: :lol:

"THEY'RE SAYING US AND GOLDEN STATE ARE THE SUPER TEAMS" Knicks PG Derrick Rose :lol:
bape_lovers
RealGM
And1: 17,905

Post#445 » by bape_lovers » Sat Oct 19, 2019 2:08 am

As soon as our full starting lineup plays..we are destroying teams..OG seems take another step

Credit to JaysRule, Detective
Boogie!
RealGM
And1: 52,778
Location: Ba da da da daaaaaa. If you build it, they will come!

Post#446 » by Boogie! » Sat Oct 19, 2019 2:09 am

NirvanaFC wrote:
MikeM wrote:I mean, I might be crazy but I watch every shot Thomas contests, and he is getting good contests. His rotations are quick. I don't see him as a huge defensive liability.

His problem on d is latteral quickness

The guy is lights out from 3. A good defensive team like us should be able to hide him.
mdenny wrote:In anycase....Masai is probably gonna make Fred the first active player/head coach in franchise history now that Nurse is out of the way. That's been the plan all along.
MikeM
General Manager
And1: 9,878

Post#447 » by MikeM » Sat Oct 19, 2019 2:10 am

NirvanaFC wrote:
MikeM wrote:I mean, I might be crazy but I watch every shot Thomas contests, and he is getting good contests. His rotations are quick. I don't see him as a huge defensive liability.

His problem on d is latteral quickness

Don't think we're gonna be asking him to clamp Harden or anything. Team defence is more important IMO. If some bench guy on the other team wants to continually ISO Thomas then fine go ahead.
nabbs
RealGM
And1: 19,365

Post#448 » by nabbs » Sat Oct 19, 2019 2:12 am

Stanley had some nice contests at the rim. Honestly I think he should defend 4s full time

2018 My Top Guys (no particular order): Doncic, JJJ, Zhaire Smith, Miles Bridges, Knox, Wendell, Bamba, Ayton, Sexton, Brown, Huerter, Okogie, Svi,
Dennis 37
RealGM
And1: 17,779

Post#449 » by Dennis 37 » Sat Oct 19, 2019 2:14 am

Boogie! wrote:Why os stanleycahead of Thomas and boucher. Maybe it's because he looks so much like og nick nurse favors him Instinctively.

He might not be. Could be that Thomas and Boucher have been penciled in and coach wants to look at Johnson some more to see if anything is there.
Maxpainmedia:
"NYC has the **** most Two Faced fans, but we ALL loved IQ,, and that is super rare, I've been a Knicks fan for 37 years, this kid is a star and he will snap in Toronto"
MixxSRC
General Manager
And1: 14,092

Post#450 » by MixxSRC » Sat Oct 19, 2019 2:16 am

nabbs wrote:Stanley had some nice contests at the rim. Honestly I think he should defend 4s full time

we got like 4 dudes who can do that better than him though
Boogie!
RealGM

Post#451 » by Boogie! » Sat Oct 19, 2019 2:19 am

Dennis 37 wrote:
Boogie! wrote:Why os stanleycahead of Thomas and boucher. Maybe it's because he looks so much like og nick nurse favors him Instinctively.

He might not be. Could be that Thomas and Boucher have been penciled in and coach wants to look at Johnson some more to see if anything is there.

Doesn't seem like a nurse thing to do. He started fvv tonofht for example because I think he sees fvv as the starter ahead of norm.
mdenny wrote:In anycase....Masai is probably gonna make Fred the first active player/head coach in franchise history now that Nurse is out of the way. That's been the plan all along.
Dennis 37
RealGM

Post#452 » by Dennis 37 » Sat Oct 19, 2019 2:20 am

WuTang_OG wrote:man nurse ran a clinic out there

wow

I think 'Homan' is the word you are searching for.
Maxpainmedia:
"NYC has the **** most Two Faced fans, but we ALL loved IQ,, and that is super rare, I've been a Knicks fan for 37 years, this kid is a star and he will snap in Toronto"
booyah_child
Sixth Man
And1: 818

Post#453 » by booyah_child » Sat Oct 19, 2019 2:22 am

Logicbro wrote:
Spragga wrote:Lol at KD asking the guy beside him who Thomas is and what’s his name?

Anyone got a vid???
omar36
Analyst
And1: 4,708

Post#454 » by omar36 » Sat Oct 19, 2019 2:23 am

LJKO wrote:Brooklyn calling us overrate is so :lol: :lol: :lol:

We are champions SO HATE MORE!!!!!!!!!!!!

ALSO

like they have a chance with their current roster (including KD). kyrie is super overatted, no doubt he was the reason boston imploded. brooklyn healthy prob beat us but no chance agaisnt buxks or philly.
djsunyc
RealGM
And1: 67,159

Post#455 » by djsunyc » Sat Oct 19, 2019 2:24 am

Dennis 37 wrote:
WuTang_OG wrote:man nurse ran a clinic out there

wow

I think 'Homan' is the word you are searching for.

Zeno
RealGM
And1: 19,692

Post#456 » by Zeno » Sat Oct 19, 2019 2:25 am

Logicbro wrote:

Yeah, I thought I saw that too. funny thing is it was after a play where he travelled. He did nail the three though.
When will we just change the name of 25 of the 30 teams to the Washington Generals?

Please advise….

Dan G.
gojoorange
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 3,081

Post#457 » by gojoorange » Sat Oct 19, 2019 2:27 am

nabbs wrote:Stanley had some nice contests at the rim. Honestly I think he should defend 4s full time

I think if Nurse can humble him he can crack the rotation by mid-season. He is good defensively and seems to shoot well in practice.
Dennis 37
RealGM

Post#458 » by Dennis 37 » Sat Oct 19, 2019 2:29 am

Boogie! wrote:
Dennis 37 wrote:

Doesn't seem like a nurse thing to do. He started fvv tonofht for example because I think he sees fvv as the starter ahead of norm.

Kyle didn't do much at the start of the game. Could be that FVV started so Kyle wouldn't have to carry the load. IMO you don't start both Kyle and FVV as you won't get full value out of both. We'll have to see how it goes.
Maxpainmedia:
pingpongrac
RealGM
And1: 16,249

Post#459 » by pingpongrac » Sat Oct 19, 2019 2:33 am

Some thoughts of the first ~3 quarters where we were playing our main 7 (+ some TD) and the Nets were playing their main rotation players:

OG: hit a bunch of threes and looked good doing so, had a few nice cuts for an easy bucket and FTs, was good on the boards and played excellent defensively. He has looked better and better in each game this preseason. 9/10

VanVleet: aggressive and successful with threes off screens (which is something he started doing more frequently in the ECF/Finals, when he was at his very best), had some very nice drive and kicks + took care of the ball - finishing with 8 AST and 0 TOV - and was all over Kyrie on the other end. 9/10

Gasol: seemed like the Grizzlies Gasol at times with how he was looking for his own offence but also being unselfish. Drilled some threes, was all over the defensive glass and had some nice dimes. 8/10

Lowry: struggled with his shooting (which was expected), but seemed to have some extra pep in his step and looked very good in spite of not seeing the floor in an NBA game for 4+ months. 8/10

Siakam: missed some layups he'd usually convert and struggled with the double team at times, but had a very solid all-around game with 11 PTS/6 REB/4 AST/2 STL/1 BLK in 22 MIN. If these are the "okay" games we can expect from Siakam, oh boy, are we in for a treat this year. 7.5/10

Powell: made all the right reads, hit some threes and seemed to have a ton of deflections. The more I see Powell this preseason, the more I expect him to have a really good year. 9/10

Ibaka: a beast on the glass and stepped into his shots. We need exactly what Ibaka gave us tonight, especially when he's coming off the bench and playing against the opponent's bench. 8.5/10

TD: had a huge scoring burst and made some nice plays for teammates that resulted in easy points. He got lost on defence a few times, but looked good overall. 8/10

Overall: we were clearly the better team and ran the Nets off the floor in Q2. Everything was clicking tonight and I'm even more excited for this season now after seeing our main rotation get some serious burn. Our top 7 is REALLY good and I've seen a lot of promising things from TD and Thomas (offensively). On the other hand, I've seen absolutely nothing from Johnson that warrants a spot on our roster.
Boogie!
RealGM

Post#460 » by Boogie! » Sat Oct 19, 2019 2:40 am

Dennis 37 wrote:
Boogie! wrote:
Dennis 37 wrote:

Kyle didn't do much at the start of the game. Could be that FVV started so Kyle wouldn't have to carry the load. IMO you don't start both Kyle and FVV as you won't get full value out of both. We'll have to see how it goes.

Fvv was the defacto starter last season when kawhi was out... I agree with you that fvv and Kyle shouldn't be staring together but like I said I'm not surprised at ňurses decision making. Thats why I said what I said about Stanley getting Mins. Tonight ape ifically he played a really tight rotation which was pretty much the locked in guys, add then began experimenting with pieces next to those guys. His first off the bench after the main guys was Terrence which made wense. And then stabley. Like I said nurse is pretty deliberate. I already said who I feel my rotation is I just don't think nrrse feels the same.

But stanley provides barely anything out there. He's og without a 3 pointer which is pretty useless on this team.

Return to Toronto Raptors