ImageImageImageImageImage

Woj & Lowe: Potential bidding war for Kyle Lowry

Moderators: 7 Footer, Duffman100, HiJiNX, niQ, Morris_Shatford, DG88, Reeko, lebron stopper

HeadtopChunes
Head Coach
And1: 10,224

Re: Woj & Lowe: Potential bidding war for Kyle Lowry 

Post#161 » by HeadtopChunes » Wed Oct 16, 2019 9:12 pm

Lowe was talking about Lowry trades today

Seems to think Winslow is probably the best thing we can get for him
Roco14
Sixth Man
And1: 3,551

Post#162 » by Roco14 » Wed Oct 16, 2019 9:24 pm

HeadtopChunes wrote:Lowe was talking about Lowry trades today

That's absurd, anybody with two brain cells to rub together would reject that deal from our position. Winslow is just another Stanley Johnson and Lowe thinks a championship calibre point guard can only yield that much?

I get he's old(er) now and not exactly a box-office player.. but Kyle's leadership can lift a team from being a middling contender (bucks, nuggets) to a legitimate championship threat. Masai might as well just keep him if that's the best he can fetch
JustWin wrote:Masai when asked about the teams problems and if he plans on making a move:

"Uhhh, dis a tuff one guiys.. hehe"
HeadtopChunes
Head Coach
And1: 10,224

Post#163 » by HeadtopChunes » Wed Oct 16, 2019 10:16 pm

Roco14 wrote:

That's absurd, anybody with two brain cells to rub together would reject that deal from our position. Winslow is just another Stanley Johnson and Lowe thinks a championship calibre point guard can only yield that much?

I get he's old(er) now and not exactly a box-office player.. but Kyle's leadership can lift a team from being a middling contender (bucks, nuggets) to a legitimate championship threat. Masai might as well just keep him if that's the best he can fetch

I think you are underrating how good Winslow is.

He can shoot way better than Stanley, (~38% the last 2 seasons and increased his attempts from 2 to 4 per game)

And he can run PnR as a Ball handler playing PG for the Heat when Dragic was injured last season.

I think Winslow is a solid young player and would be a decent fit next to Fred in the backcourt.

That being said he’s not the most appealing young guy and i leaves me with a collective meh.

I wouldn’t necessarily want to trade Lowry for that but I wouldn’t really be mad at it either.
AkelaLoneWolf
RealGM
And1: 12,127

Post#164 » by AkelaLoneWolf » Thu Oct 17, 2019 3:39 am

yeah lowe really is on the lowry trade bandwagon right now. unfortunately lowry's salary at 30M somewhat limits trade opportunities.
"We're the middle children of history. No purpose or place. We have no Great War. No Great Depression. Our great war is a spiritual war. Our great depression is our lives." - Tyler Durden in Fight Club.
kavan
General Manager
And1: 89

Post#165 » by kavan » Sat Oct 19, 2019 12:07 pm

Wiggins isnt a corner stone by any stretch but it would be a good Canadian story. Mind you I dont see Utah ever giving up Jamal Murray wonder when he comes a free agent. He is def someone who reminds me of a higher ceiling FVV.
Raptors, Leafs, Jays. #Toronto
SHFT
Head Coach
And1: 4,956

Post#166 » by SHFT » Sat Oct 19, 2019 12:14 pm

kavan wrote:Wiggins isnt a corner stone by any stretch but it would be a good Canadian story. Mind you I dont see Utah ever giving up Jamal Murray wonder when he comes a free agent. He is def someone who reminds me of a higher ceiling FVV.
It would be a terrible Canadian story when he would average 25 ppg on 35% shooting.

Sent from my LG-H915 using RealGM mobile app
Klayforspicy
Head Coach
And1: 7,248

Post#167 » by Klayforspicy » Sat Oct 19, 2019 12:30 pm

Winslow is pretty much the ascended version of Stanley and OG, but that doesn't say much.
I mean he can push the ball, defend his position and hit some spot up threes.

I would need another young player but they only have Herro and Bam, who they probably wouldn't trade.
yellowknifer
Analyst
And1: 2,337

Post#168 » by yellowknifer » Sat Oct 19, 2019 8:37 pm

Winslow is a good player and young asset who is improving. That said Lowry should not be traded. We need him more than we need a Winslow. He's one of the best players in the league, the all time greatest Raptor and should retire with the team.
Alfred
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 20,853

Post#169 » by Alfred » Sat Oct 19, 2019 11:20 pm

Roco14 wrote:

Winslow isn’t another Stanley Johnson. He’s not the greatest player in the world but he’s pretty good.
ash_k
RealGM
And1: 8,790

Post#170 » by ash_k » Sat Oct 19, 2019 11:29 pm

SHFT wrote:
kavan wrote:Wiggins isnt a corner stone by any stretch but it would be a good Canadian story. Mind you I dont see Utah ever giving up Jamal Murray wonder when he comes a free agent. He is def someone who reminds me of a higher ceiling FVV.
It would be a terrible Canadian story when he would average 25 ppg on 35% shooting.

actually he averaged 23.6 ppg with 45.2%shooting at 21 ...for example, Kobe has never shot over 47%....
cant be that "terrible"
Sinant wrote:I treat the Phoenix/Cleveland/Boston Shaqs like I do Wizards MJ. Never happened.
Alfred
Retired Mod
Retired Mod

Post#171 » by Alfred » Sat Oct 19, 2019 11:36 pm

ash_k wrote:
SHFT wrote:

actually he averaged 23.6 ppg with 45.2%shooting at 21 ...for example, Kobe has never shot over 47%....
cant be that "terrible"

Wiggins had a 49% TS% last season and a 50% TS% before that. That’s awful, especially for a guy with his physical tools.
Roco14
Sixth Man
And1: 3,551

Post#172 » by Roco14 » Sat Oct 19, 2019 11:49 pm

Alfred wrote:
Roco14 wrote:

Winslow isn’t another Stanley Johnson. He’s not the greatest player in the world but he’s pretty good.

Is he though? Maybe he's better than Stanley (haven't watched many heat games) but I put him in the same category of young guys who were "future stars" but ended up being extremely underwhelming. I'm not even sure he's a top 100 player in the league, I'd say he'd be the 7th or 8th best player on our current roster based on what I've seen
JustWin wrote:Masai when asked about the teams problems and if he plans on making a move:

"Uhhh, dis a tuff one guiys.. hehe"
ash_k
RealGM
And1: 8,790

Post#173 » by ash_k » Sat Oct 19, 2019 11:58 pm

Alfred wrote:
ash_k wrote:
SHFT wrote:It would be a terrible Canadian story when he would average 25 ppg on 35% shooting.

cant be that "terrible"

Wiggins had a 49% TS% last season and a 50% TS% before that. That’s awful, especially for a guy with his physical tools.

so you mean his - True shooting percentage - a measure of shooting efficiency that takes into account field goals, 3-point field goals, and free throws (?!) is low....look that thing means nothing to ballers.. only special players can do 23.6ppg/45.2FG% at 21 (coming off 20.7ppg/45.9FG% at 20)...He is certainly not LeBron nor Kobe...and Thibs&JImmy stunted his career and yeah he has not been on Canada roster(sorry).. he is still a special player that can do what we are all hoping Siakam will do this season; create his own perimeter-shot off the dribble at a high level

it has gotten real personal around here with Wiggins.
Sinant wrote:I treat the Phoenix/Cleveland/Boston Shaqs like I do Wizards MJ. Never happened.
Alfred
Retired Mod
Retired Mod

Post#174 » by Alfred » Sun Oct 20, 2019 12:46 am

ash_k wrote:
Alfred wrote:
ash_k wrote:actually he averaged 23.6 ppg with 45.2%shooting at 21 ...for example, Kobe has never shot over 47%....
cant be that "terrible"

so you mean his - True shooting percentage - a measure of shooting efficiency that takes into account field goals, 3-point field goals, and free throws (?!) is low....look that thing means nothing to ballers..

It should mean something to ballers. It is a stat that measures how efficient you are. The part you put in italics is very easy to understand, it's a stat that takes into account free throws as well as 2 and 3 point shots when calculating how efficient a player is.

Wiggins isn't even in ESPN's top 100 players in the league. He's been that bad.
will
RealGM
And1: 49,385
Location: Pat's Homestyle Jamaican Restaurant. Shouts to Sheryl's Caribbean Cuisine

Post#175 » by will » Sun Oct 20, 2019 12:48 am

Hopefully there is a bidding war for Kyle Lowry.
TheAlchemist
General Manager
And1: 8,228

Post#176 » by TheAlchemist » Sun Oct 20, 2019 12:49 am

ash_k wrote:
SHFT wrote:

cant be that "terrible"

Why do you keep pushing this Wiggins narrative on every thread? Stop man, he sucks. Like it's pretty unanimous.
TheAlchemist
General Manager
And1: 8,228

Post#177 » by TheAlchemist » Sun Oct 20, 2019 12:57 am

I'm really really praying that Orlando tries to go for it, and flips Aaron Gordon to us. Salary is a huge issue though, because outside of Gordon the rest of their salary is tied up to key guys.

What I'd do is trade OG + Lowry + maybe a future first or whatever we get from an Ibaka trade, for Aaron Gordon , DJ Augustine (salary) and Markelle Fultz (salary).

A duo of Siakim and Aaron Gordon on the wings is something I think we can build with for years to come.

Itd be interesting to see where Masai goes with this, but a bidding war for Lowry is solid if it results in a key piece going forward.

None of this Winslow crap.
Syd-TK3
RealGM
And1: 17,525

Post#178 » by Syd-TK3 » Sun Oct 20, 2019 1:00 am

Pass on Winslow I'd rather a bunch of picks
SaveTheHens
Analyst
And1: 1,816

Post#179 » by SaveTheHens » Sun Oct 20, 2019 1:02 am

Wiggins isn't that bad, he can use the structure and guidance we can provide. If we got Wiggins for Lowry I'd be stoked, we are turning second rounders into gems, Wiggins is still full of potential but he'd want to want it
GooniesNeverDie
RealGM
And1: 11,158

Post#180 » by GooniesNeverDie » Sun Oct 20, 2019 1:04 am

lets hope the league is pretty even come trade deadline.. if we decide to blow it up, we'd get a really nice return

Return to Toronto Raptors