ImageImageImageImageImage

Is there anybody still regretting the DeMar trade?

Moderators: 7 Footer, Duffman100, HiJiNX, niQ, Morris_Shatford, DG88, Reeko, lebron stopper

UnRealGM
Lead Assistant
And1: 8,151

Re: Is there anybody still regretting the DeMar trade? 

Post#61 » by UnRealGM » Sat Oct 19, 2019 10:27 pm

perfect, a thread that highlights who should go on my ignore list.
Johnny Bball
RealGM
And1: 48,344

Post#62 » by Johnny Bball » Sat Oct 19, 2019 11:47 pm

Raps1103 wrote:
Johnny Bball wrote:
Raps1103 wrote:
Our team right now, as is... would not be better with Dero on it ! I’m not a Dero hater... but the hole he creates on Defence is huge! And the the volume shooting would hurt our offence! I think he’s a fantastic human being .. but I wouldn’t take him back for a 2RP

Lol. I give up on this place. Powell and McCaw or whoever are now both better than derozan. Ok.

Go and give up, I’m sure we’ll all be fine !! Nowhere did I say that either are better players .. but it’s fun to make things up eh? Tho, they are both insanely better defenders than DeMar !! Which is what are team is.. an elite defensive team .. if you haven’t figured that out.. then yea... you should definitely give up on basketball all together ! There’s such a thing as fit .. not everything is PPG... DeRozan DOES NOT FIT WHAT WE ARE DOING HERE IN TORONTO! I would think that was obvious to the long time fans :banghead:

He also can’t hit 3s just sayin

If you said we wouldn't be better with DD, how in the world does that not mean both the shooting guards w have aren't better. I'm not making up anything beyond using logic. Fit is a funny way to try to say otherwise though. Can't even come off the bench either I guess.. Read my original post again to get what I was saying maybe. Not a hater. Got it. Say it once more just so you don't protest too much!
Raps1103
Veteran
And1: 3,235

Post#63 » by Raps1103 » Sun Oct 20, 2019 12:36 am

Johnny Bball wrote:
Raps1103 wrote:
Johnny Bball wrote:
Lol. I give up on this place. Powell and McCaw or whoever are now both better than derozan. Ok.

Go and give up, I’m sure we’ll all be fine !! Nowhere did I say that either are better players .. but it’s fun to make things up eh? Tho, they are both insanely better defenders than DeMar !! Which is what are team is.. an elite defensive team .. if you haven’t figured that out.. then yea... you should definitely give up on basketball all together ! There’s such a thing as fit .. not everything is PPG... DeRozan DOES NOT FIT WHAT WE ARE DOING HERE IN TORONTO! I would think that was obvious to the long time fans :banghead:

He also can’t hit 3s just sayin

If you said we wouldn't be better with DD, how in the world does that not mean both the shooting guards w have aren't better. I'm not making up anything beyond using logic. Fit is a funny way to try to say otherwise though. Can't even come off the bench either I guess.. Read my original post again to get what I was saying maybe. Not a hater. Got it. Say it once more just so you don't protest too much!

Way to avoid the whole defence n threes thing .. and our teams identity!! DeRozan doest fit .. casuals don’t get it ... it’s ok!!!
I know ... I know .. ppg is all there us to you !! Hey .. maybe we should get wiggins too !! :roll:

You speaking in a condescending tone doesn’t make you correct ! I didn’t even bring up how he disappears in the playoffs !!! Defence !! Defence !! Learn that word .. it’s what we do .. and DeMar doesn’t !!! I cant be any more clear than that
Par36
Assistant Coach
And1: 4,023

Post#64 » by Par36 » Sun Oct 20, 2019 12:41 am

I like DeMar tons.

Great player, amazing person.

But I'd trade away the whole Team for a championship.
will
RealGM
And1: 49,385
Location: Pat's Homestyle Jamaican Restaurant. Shouts to Sheryl's Caribbean Cuisine

Post#65 » by will » Sun Oct 20, 2019 12:47 am

Personally, I am not.
itsme23
Rookie
And1: 1,064

Post#66 » by itsme23 » Sun Oct 20, 2019 1:10 am

SaveTheHens wrote:
itsme23 wrote:Amazing trade.

Just wish we didn’t have such a robotic emotionless superstar where nothing could sway his decision.

I don’t think there is or ever has been any other superstar in the league that would have left the raps in that situation the following year aside from Kawhi.

Cannot think of one. Maybe Lebron but even he tried to repeat again the following year.

I don't think he's robotic. He didn't bend under pressure from what he really wanted. In fact that's a great example for any of us in real life, stick to your values, and your goals, don't let people try and put you into a position that you 'have' to make a decision that they want you to make. Respect everyone, but do your own thing. Kawhi's a legend.

How is he bending his values? He had it all in Toronto.

I get wanting to be home but god damn you guys are the champs run it back.

And he’s the definition of robotic.

Don’t take anything away from him as a player, just wish he had more emotions because that could have been the difference with him staying.
Brinbe
RealGM
And1: 35,271

Post#67 » by Brinbe » Sun Oct 20, 2019 1:36 am

i love demar, but avoiding paying him the max as he hits his 30s will always be the best part of the trade. the championship was obviously nice too though lol
kavan
General Manager
And1: 89

Post#68 » by kavan » Sun Oct 20, 2019 11:42 am

Smitch wrote:Best trade Raptors ever made in franchise history.
Still love Demar though.

I agree with this sentiment.

It was a necessary evil. Demar can totally OPT out and come back to Toronto but I see him heading to the Lakers for less than max.
Raptors, Leafs, Jays. #Toronto
HOOOMAN
Starter
And1: 3,186

Post#69 » by HOOOMAN » Sun Oct 20, 2019 1:10 pm

I'd even like to think, had we not won the ship, I'm still in favor of this trade. I feel like all those years we won in spite of him not because of him.
PT416
Assistant Coach
And1: 6,243

Post#70 » by PT416 » Sun Oct 20, 2019 10:00 pm

Honestly if I could do it all differently I would. There's no reason to win a championship if you're not going to repeat. None whatsoever. We should have traded Lowry to the Knicks and tanked for Wiggins like we wanted to. Now our last hope is Kostas.
Ackshun
General Manager
And1: 4,574

Post#71 » by Ackshun » Sun Oct 20, 2019 10:51 pm

PT416 wrote:Honestly if I could do it all differently I would. There's no reason to win a championship if you're not going to repeat. None whatsoever. We should have traded Lowry to the Knicks and tanked for Wiggins like we wanted to. Now our last hope is Kostas.

Naw man. Put down the crack pipe

Return to Toronto Raptors