ImageImageImageImageImage

Woj & Lowe: Potential bidding war for Kyle Lowry

Moderators: 7 Footer, Duffman100, HiJiNX, niQ, Morris_Shatford, DG88, Reeko, lebron stopper

ChimRichalds
Junior
And1: 679

Re: Woj & Lowe: Potential bidding war for Kyle Lowry 

Post#181 » by ChimRichalds » Sun Oct 20, 2019 1:06 am

Syd-TK3 wrote:Pass on Winslow I'd rather a bunch of picks

Anyone trading for Lowry is not only not going to have any good picks, but they probably won't have the salary to match them in a trade. This isn't hockey. You can't just trade players for picks.

Also, I don't want to trade Lowry, because I think he's still incredibly underrated and that this team shouldn't throw in the towel yet, but if for some reason the team stinks and the fire sale is on, then Winslow would absolutely be a great return. Not only because he's a good player and great defender, but because rentals in the twilight of their career almost never get a good return.
Syd-TK3
RealGM
And1: 17,525

Post#182 » by Syd-TK3 » Sun Oct 20, 2019 2:06 am

ChimRichalds wrote:

Anyone trading for Lowry is not only not going to have any good picks, but they probably won't have the salary to match them in a trade. This isn't hockey. You can't just trade players for picks.

Also, I don't want to trade Lowry, because I think he's still incredibly underrated and that this team shouldn't throw in the towel yet, but if for some reason the team stinks and the fire sale is on, then Winslow would absolutely be a great return. Not only because he's a good player and great defender, but because rentals in the twilight of their career almost never get a good return.

well if that's the case you keep him. Trading lowry isn't like trading the other expirings, it's a rebuilding move and with that the goal should be for picks or young guys with good potential I don't really see that in Winslow
WuTang_OG
RealGM
And1: 43,042

Post#183 » by WuTang_OG » Sun Oct 20, 2019 2:17 am

I dont see how Lowry is gonna be moved. 30 mil contract hard to move today. I think he plays it out.
kalel123
Lead Assistant
And1: 3,998

Post#184 » by kalel123 » Sun Oct 20, 2019 2:17 am

Don't really love the deal but don't hate it either and can understand why it was done. Just hoped it could've been for less.

There's no real upside to holding out till summer because you risk sending the wrong message to everyone, most of all Siakam, and there was no realistic and meaningful way the cap "room" could've been utilized otherwise in 2020 offseason. Masai showed he understood this by signing Lowry to an extension. And by doing so, he pretty much signalled that he'll sign Siakam now as well. No matter the direction of the team, you'd expect Siakam to be one constant in the formula.
ChimRichalds
Junior
And1: 679

Post#185 » by ChimRichalds » Sun Oct 20, 2019 2:26 am

Syd-TK3 wrote:
ChimRichalds wrote:

well if that's the case you keep him. Trading lowry isn't like trading the other expirings, it's a rebuilding move and with that the goal should be for picks or young guys with good potential I don't really see that in Winslow

Winlow is a great defender, developed a very good three pointer over the last two years, and became an above average playmaker last year. He keeps improving by leaps and bounds every year and he's still only 23. Not sure how that wouldn't qualify as a young guy with good potential.
S.W.A.N
Lead Assistant
And1: 2,509

Post#186 » by S.W.A.N » Sun Oct 20, 2019 3:23 am

I like miami as a potential Lowry trade. Winslow is interesting, as are some of their young guys. a Winslow plus James Johnson or Kelly O is intriguing. Or Dragic plus a pick and a young player... I think some of the West teams are going to be desperate for wins and more likely to cough up something good. We'll see how we look at trade deadline. No need to panic on a Lowry trade, as he will still have value next year as an expiring...
We the North
SHFT
Head Coach
And1: 4,956

Post#187 » by SHFT » Sun Oct 20, 2019 3:26 am

ash_k wrote:
Alfred wrote:
ash_k wrote:actually he averaged 23.6 ppg with 45.2%shooting at 21 ...for example, Kobe has never shot over 47%....
cant be that "terrible"

Wiggins had a 49% TS% last season and a 50% TS% before that. That’s awful, especially for a guy with his physical tools.

so you mean his - True shooting percentage - a measure of shooting efficiency that takes into account field goals, 3-point field goals, and free throws (?!) is low....look that thing means nothing to ballers.. only special players can do 23.6ppg/45.2FG% at 21 (coming off 20.7ppg/45.9FG% at 20)...He is certainly not LeBron nor Kobe...and Thibs&JImmy stunted his career and yeah he has not been on Canada roster(sorry).. he is still a special player that can do what we are all hoping Siakam will do this season; create his own perimeter-shot off the dribble at a high level

it has gotten real personal around here with Wiggins.
Doesnt matter to ballers lol what does that even mean? You know our FO has heavily invested in analytics right? Not to mention Wiggins is a terrible defender and has shown 0 desire to be better since he got paid.

Its a moot point because its never happening.

Sent from my LG-H915 using RealGM mobile app
kenwood3333
Assistant Coach
And1: 3,184

Post#188 » by kenwood3333 » Sun Oct 20, 2019 3:30 am

This is probably the last year Toronto can get any value out of Lowry from a trade, but I doubt their GM have the guts to pull this one off, as he got a lot of heat for shipping fan favorite Derozen out. Gasol is the more likely to be moved, for a younger player.
LoveMyRaps
RealGM
And1: 42,642

Post#189 » by LoveMyRaps » Sun Oct 20, 2019 3:34 am

kenwood3333 wrote:This is probably the last year Toronto can get any value out of Lowry from a trade, but I doubt their GM have the guts to pull this one off, as he got a lot of heat for shipping fan favorite Derozen out. Gasol is the more likely to be moved, for a younger player.

False. He'll still be a valuable trade asset next season unless you expect him to completely fall off the rails this year.
In Masai We Trust :meditate:
kavan
General Manager
And1: 89

Post#190 » by kavan » Sun Oct 20, 2019 11:46 am

TheAlchemist wrote:
ash_k wrote:
SHFT wrote:It would be a terrible Canadian story when he would average 25 ppg on 35% shooting.

actually he averaged 23.6 ppg with 45.2%shooting at 21 ...for example, Kobe has never shot over 47%....
cant be that "terrible"

Why do you keep pushing this Wiggins narrative on every thread? Stop man, he sucks. Like it's pretty unanimous.

LOL @ saying he "sucks" because he is over paid and not taking over MVP voting because the team they have put around him has been in shambles for the last few year?.. Hate him all you want he will still put up 20+ 5/5. Just because he isnt living up to his contract doesnt mean he suck. Means he is OVERPAID and in a bad situation.

Anyone who says he sucks doesn't know basketball. He is a starter on almost every team in the NBA.

He isnt a star but he will win a few more All Star bids before his career is up.
Raptors, Leafs, Jays. #Toronto
kavan
General Manager
And1: 89

Post#191 » by kavan » Sun Oct 20, 2019 11:47 am

ash_k wrote:
SHFT wrote:
kavan wrote:Wiggins isnt a corner stone by any stretch but it would be a good Canadian story. Mind you I dont see Utah ever giving up Jamal Murray wonder when he comes a free agent. He is def someone who reminds me of a higher ceiling FVV.
It would be a terrible Canadian story when he would average 25 ppg on 35% shooting.

actually he averaged 23.6 ppg with 45.2%shooting at 21 ...for example, Kobe has never shot over 47%....
cant be that "terrible"

People are on Hater Patrol.. its okay. loll
Raptors, Leafs, Jays. #Toronto
JShuttlesworth
General Manager
And1: 12,813

Post#192 » by JShuttlesworth » Sun Oct 20, 2019 12:59 pm

The most likely scenarios with Miami would have Dragic and Lowry switching places. Raptors have players like Stanley and RHJ to add as fillers, Miami has players like Winslow or Olynyk to make the salaries match. I don't see it working without a pick being added by Miami though, whether it's a 2020 pick or a future pick.
djsunyc
RealGM
And1: 67,124

Post#193 » by djsunyc » Sun Oct 20, 2019 1:23 pm

WuTang_OG wrote:I dont see how Lowry is gonna be moved. 30 mil contract hard to move today. I think he plays it out.

i don't think they're hard to move - it's getting a good enough return to make it worth it is the issue.
djsunyc
RealGM

Post#194 » by djsunyc » Sun Oct 20, 2019 1:23 pm

JShuttlesworth wrote:The most likely scenarios with Miami would have Dragic and Lowry switching places. Raptors have players like Stanley and RHJ to add as fillers, Miami has players like Winslow or Olynyk to make the salaries match. I don't see it working without a pick being added by Miami though, whether it's a 2020 pick or a future pick.

if that's the deal, then it's not worth it. just hold on to him.
djsunyc
RealGM

Post#195 » by djsunyc » Sun Oct 20, 2019 1:24 pm

kenwood3333 wrote:This is probably the last year Toronto can get any value out of Lowry from a trade, but I doubt their GM have the guts to pull this one off, as he got a lot of heat for shipping fan favorite Derozen out. Gasol is the more likely to be moved, for a younger player.

guts? their gm? derozan? what kind of take is this?
WuTang_OG
RealGM
And1: 43,042

Post#196 » by WuTang_OG » Sun Oct 20, 2019 1:32 pm

djsunyc wrote:
WuTang_OG wrote:I dont see how Lowry is gonna be moved. 30 mil contract hard to move today. I think he plays it out.

i don't think they're hard to move - it's getting a good enough return to make it worth it is the issue.

U gotta match salaries and you need guys returning that dont have longer deals than lowry cuz of the cap space for 2021. I just dont see it. 30mil is a lot to make work
Kingsway_fan
RealGM
And1: 8,858

Post#197 » by Kingsway_fan » Sun Oct 20, 2019 1:33 pm

I think Masai has the balls to do it and will... best to move gasol and Lowry at deadline, if right trades present themselves...

Then resign ibaka and fred...
TheAlchemist
General Manager
And1: 8,228

Post#198 » by TheAlchemist » Sun Oct 20, 2019 1:44 pm

I rather Miami add tyler herro or the point guard kid.
JShuttlesworth
General Manager
And1: 12,813

Post#199 » by JShuttlesworth » Sun Oct 20, 2019 2:00 pm

djsunyc wrote:
JShuttlesworth wrote:The most likely scenarios with Miami would have Dragic and Lowry switching places. Raptors have players like Stanley and RHJ to add as fillers, Miami has players like Winslow or Olynyk to make the salaries match. I don't see it working without a pick being added by Miami though, whether it's a 2020 pick or a future pick.

if that's the deal, then it's not worth it. just hold on to him.

Agreed (for now).

I think the play is to continue to wait, we can get a late 1st for him at any time, there is no rush. His value may rise as we get closer to the deadline. If you don't see anything for him fine, hold him. The ultimate goal is keeping cap flexibility for 2021.

I don't think we're going to get a big haul for him regardless though, he's 33 and will be 34 before the season is over. You certainly aren't going to get a player like Bam back for him, he is going to off limits for Miami especially if he comes out playing well.

Things will be different heading up to the deadline no doubt. Teams who are playing good basketball heading into the playoffs will be start to picture themselves winning. Players like Lowry / Ibaka / Gasol / Fred could be those missing pieces and they might be willing to give more for them.

Return to Toronto Raptors