ImageImageImageImageImage

Ibaka is the most underrated player on our team

Moderators: HiJiNX, niQ, Morris_Shatford, DG88, Reeko, lebron stopper, 7 Footer, Duffman100

tor1234567
Rookie
And1: 990

Re: Ibaka is the most underrated player on our team 

Post#41 » by tor1234567 » Sun Oct 20, 2019 12:24 pm

Excellent role player... But way overpaid.

Can't keep him if we're serious about getting back to contention. We need the cap space that his salary eats up. Can't spend $22 million on a 7th man.
NeoDragonKnight
Starter
And1: 2,582

Post#42 » by NeoDragonKnight » Sun Oct 20, 2019 2:16 pm

He was a definite upgrade over Patrick Patterson as a stretch big. He is definitely a key player, but the problem is he has fits of rage which leads to Technicals and has brain farts during plays as well as the ball sticking to him for just a split second too long when the ball was swinging in the Raptors offfense, but he really stepped up last year once JV went down, and I think Gasol coming in really helped him on the defensive end and hid his faults on the offensive end as Gasol was much better at swinging the ball then JV or Ibaka along the arc, and the ball no longer stuck on Ibaka during the swing, and rather the ball got to Ibaka for a clean look which he was hitting at a good clip.
XxIronChainzxX
RealGM
And1: 7,659

Post#43 » by XxIronChainzxX » Sun Oct 20, 2019 2:52 pm

Metallikid wrote:
Zeno wrote:He is absolutely a really important player. I still think one of him or Gasol gets traded.

on a side note, I hope I'm wrong but every year there is a guy who shoots incredibly in the preseason and then goes ice cold to start the season and the opposite.

Serge, Norm, 2022 & 2024 unprotected first round picks for Blake Griffin.

Lowry/VanVleet/Siakam/Griffin/Gasol

Repeat.

Blake isn't anywhere near the same player - not even with load management and our medical staff. I also don't like Siakam at the 3 full time.

It's not a bad idea per se but it takes us out of any hunt for Giannis and that backcourt is tiny.

I don't think it's worth multiple FRPs. Blake is kind of like CP3 or Westbrook now: his deal is toxic enough we're the ones who get assets coming back.
Metallikid
RealGM
And1: 9,962

Post#44 » by Metallikid » Sun Oct 20, 2019 6:59 pm

XxIronChainzxX wrote:
Metallikid wrote:
Zeno wrote:He is absolutely a really important player. I still think one of him or Gasol gets traded.

on a side note, I hope I'm wrong but every year there is a guy who shoots incredibly in the preseason and then goes ice cold to start the season and the opposite.

Serge, Norm, 2022 & 2024 unprotected first round picks for Blake Griffin.

Lowry/VanVleet/Siakam/Griffin/Gasol

Repeat.

Blake isn't anywhere near the same player - not even with load management and our medical staff. I also don't like Siakam at the 3 full time.

It's not a bad idea per se but it takes us out of any hunt for Giannis and that backcourt is tiny.

I don't think it's worth multiple FRPs. Blake is kind of like CP3 or Westbrook now: his deal is toxic enough we're the ones who get assets coming back.

He had a great comeback year averaging 24/7/5. By the deadline he'd be 100% from the injury he had during the playoffs. You're right though, maybe it would only take one unprotected first round pick.

Our backcourt was small and we won a title. It doesn't take us out of the Giannis hunt because Marc will be off our books and hopefully Kyle either retires or takes a big pay cut so that we could be able to sign Giannis.
will
RealGM
And1: 49,385
Location: Pat's Homestyle Jamaican Restaurant. Shouts to Sheryl's Caribbean Cuisine

Post#45 » by will » Sun Oct 20, 2019 7:00 pm

I do like what Surge brings to the team.
niQ
Forum Mod - Raptors
Forum Mod - Raptors
And1: 29,216

Post#46 » by niQ » Mon Oct 21, 2019 6:46 pm

I know we've been hard on him, but I was ecstatic when we traded Ross for him and no matter what, Ibaka is 100x better than Biyombo on offense. Plus, he showed us what he's about in the finals.

Return to Toronto Raptors