ImageImageImageImageImage

2019 Off-Season: Draft, Trades, and FA Ideas Thread

Moderators: HiJiNX, niQ, Morris_Shatford, DG88, Reeko, lebron stopper, 7 Footer, Duffman100

bootsythornton
Sixth Man
And1: 1,727

Re: 2019 Off-Season: Draft, Trades, and FA Ideas Thread 

Post#2041 » by bootsythornton » Mon Oct 21, 2019 3:06 am

Buddy isn't worth the Max. 4 years $100m should get it done. If it doesn't, move him.
t54zhao
Junior
And1: 580

Post#2042 » by t54zhao » Mon Oct 21, 2019 3:59 am

Has anyone talked about trading Serge + filler to the Rockets for Capella?
My challenge to the Vaccine truthers, make a prediction and sig it.
Mine: In 2023, rates of heart attacks & strokes amongst vaccinated people, never infected with COVID will be similar (+-5%) when compared to people of same age in 2018.
StringerBell
Veteran
And1: 2,200

Post#2043 » by StringerBell » Mon Oct 21, 2019 4:06 am

Dalek wrote:

Man it's so easy to forget what a great interior passer Siakam is. Looking to see more of that this year with the ball in his hands.
Asif16
RealGM
And1: 27,437

Post#2044 » by Asif16 » Mon Oct 21, 2019 6:11 pm

With Beal officially off the trade market...it looks like the best possible player who might be available come trade deadline is Kevin Love.

And Love isnt a player who seems like he would be a fit for us.

We might be riding and dying with this squad all the way through (considering we're in a playoff position of course)
Red_Claw
Lead Assistant
And1: 8,646

Post#2045 » by Red_Claw » Mon Oct 21, 2019 6:35 pm

Asif16 wrote:With Beal officially off the trade market...it looks like the best possible player who might be available come trade deadline is Kevin Love.

We might be riding and dying with this squad all the way through (considering we're in a playoff position of course)

Im saying Gordon Hayward before Kevin Love. Would love for him to play point forward off the bench with FVV. Let Gordon run the point and Fred finish the play. His contract lines up with Lowry's so we would have 60+ mil coming off the books. We run with Serge at C and trade Gasol to a team that NEEDS to replace Al Horford and get a (couple) a picks for our troubles.
NotMyKawhi
Lead Assistant
And1: 5,025

Post#2046 » by NotMyKawhi » Tue Oct 22, 2019 1:38 am

I'd try to trade for Bogdan.

The kings won't be able to sign him, and then pay Fox and Bagley. We could wait till free agency but then we overpay big time. I'd do powell for bogdan
bootsythornton
Sixth Man

Post#2047 » by bootsythornton » Tue Oct 22, 2019 3:12 am

Toronto In - Kent Bazemore + Zach Collins
Portland In - Serge Ibaka

Toronto In - Biyombo
Charlotte In - Bazemore + 2ND

Turn Ibaka into Zach Collins + a 2nd is a win.

Raptors

Lowry - FVV
Powell - Davis
OG - SJ
Siakam - RHJ
Gasol - Collins
Dalek
RealGM
And1: 9,198

Post#2048 » by Dalek » Tue Oct 22, 2019 4:13 am

Just thinking out loud but say Houston falters with Westbrook and they figure out mid-season they can't win a championship with him, his contract is almost a near match for the newly extended Lowry deal.

Lowry is the optimal guy to play alongside a ball dominant Harden.

Westbrook and Siakam would be a great team to build with in a quick retool. Westbrook is an alphadog, and he still has great years left in him.

On a single year deal the trade doesn't make sense, but with the two extra years, his Houston history, and experience playing alongside a Harden-lite in Derozan, I can see Houston willing to look at it.
bootsythornton
Sixth Man

Post#2049 » by bootsythornton » Tue Oct 22, 2019 4:35 am

Dalek wrote:Just thinking out loud but say Houston falters with Westbrook and they figure out mid-season they can't win a championship with him, his contract is almost a near match for the newly extended Lowry deal.

Westbrook and Siakam would be a great team to build with in a quick retool. Westbrook is an alphadog, and he still has great years left in him.

On a single year deal the trade doesn't make sense, but with the two extra years, his Houston history, and experience playing alongside a Harden-lite in Derozan, I can see Houston willing to look at it.

love Lowry, but I'd probably look at it hard
Dalek
RealGM

Post#2050 » by Dalek » Tue Oct 22, 2019 4:48 am

sportsyard wrote:
Dalek wrote:Just thinking out loud but say Houston falters with Westbrook and they figure out mid-season they can't win a championship with him, his contract is almost a near match for the newly extended Lowry deal.

love Lowry, but I'd probably look at it hard

I feel like I want Lowry to retire a Raptor, but I also want a future where Toronto sees a Finals again. After this year things get a bit cloudier. Getting Westbrook is a good risk to me. Especially if it doesn't cost Toronto Siakam or OG. Russ is only 30 and still a great talent.
Rapsfan07
RealGM
And1: 5,415

Post#2051 » by Rapsfan07 » Tue Oct 22, 2019 5:04 pm

Red_Claw wrote:
Asif16 wrote:With Beal officially off the trade market...it looks like the best possible player who might be available come trade deadline is Kevin Love.

Im saying Gordon Hayward before Kevin Love. Would love for him to play point forward off the bench with FVV. Let Gordon run the point and Fred finish the play. His contract lines up with Lowry's so we would have 60+ mil coming off the books. We run with Serge at C and trade Gasol to a team that NEEDS to replace Al Horford and get a (couple) a picks for our troubles.

I agree on Gordon Hayward. Boston might see Ibaka or Gasol as better options since they are big men, more productive and on shorter term contacts. We can afford to take on Hayward since we're out of the running for next year's FA market anyway and our saving our capspace for 2021.

The only thing is - we would need compensation for taking on Hayward AND giving up one of Gasol/Ibaka (plus whoever else, depending on the size of the deal) and I'm not sure Boston has anything I personally would be interested in, other than picks. I like Jaylen Brown but not at his new salary AT ALL, so that is definitely off the table.

Anyway, Boston needs a quality big and don't have much by way of enticing players on big enough deals to make a trade work. Plus, we have TWO quality bigs that are potentially available in what is looking like a pretty shallow trade market. The only competition for business is the Cavs and Kevin Love. Boston might be a bit off put by his contract length, age, game and injury history but who knows. Plus the Blazers might also be in the market for a quality big as well.. that changes things.

All that being said, I think we can get more for Ibaka than we could for Gasol and seeing as Boston doesn't have much in terms of value that they would be willing to move, I would probably offer Gasol for Hayward and a pick.
Raps1103
Veteran
And1: 3,235

Post#2052 » by Raps1103 » Tue Oct 22, 2019 5:27 pm

Good god no!!! Haven’t you noticed that he drives away star players? Nobody wants to play with a ball hog egomaniac !! Dude is a selfish, pad stating, volume shooter... no way I want that cancer on our team !.... especially not for the all time best Raptor ever !! Nope!
Dalek
RealGM

Post#2053 » by Dalek » Tue Oct 22, 2019 5:47 pm

Raps1103 wrote:

Good god no!!! Haven’t you noticed that he drives away star players? Nobody wants to play with a ball hog egomaniac !! Dude is a selfish, pad stating, volume shooter... no way I want that cancer on our team !.... especially not for the all time best Raptor ever !! Nope!

I think you are being a bit hard on the guy. He won the MVP and routinely averages over 10 assists per game. He is a fiery competitor much in the same way Kyle is.

I can't speak to the cancer in the locker room aspect, but you are going to get some sort of diva with an MVP guy. That is just the NBA these days.
Raps1103
Veteran
And1: 3,235

Post#2054 » by Raps1103 » Tue Oct 22, 2019 7:29 pm

Dalek wrote:
Raps1103 wrote:

I think you are being a bit hard on the guy. He won the MVP and routinely averages over 10 assists per game. He is a fiery competitor much in the same way Kyle is.

I can't speak to the cancer in the locker room aspect, but you are going to get some sort of diva with an MVP guy. That is just the NBA these days.

If you only look at stats... sure! But he forces the passes in the first couple qrts.. and openly berates teammates when they miss n cost him assts... they aren’t organic! As I said .. stat padder!! He wants his stats first! Win second .. where Lowry is literally the exact opposite ! He’s won nothing in the playoffs, despite having huge stats next to him, because of his ego! Again!!! Never want that dude anywhere near our team!
JonasVFTW
Pro Prospect
And1: 1,518

Post#2055 » by JonasVFTW » Tue Oct 22, 2019 7:43 pm

NBA trying to screw us again by putting our ring ceremony as same day as World Series game 1.
Red_Claw
Lead Assistant

Post#2056 » by Red_Claw » Tue Oct 22, 2019 9:03 pm

Rapsfan07 wrote:
Red_Claw wrote:

I agree on Gordon Hayward. Boston might see Ibaka or Gasol as better options since they are big men, more productive and on shorter term contacts. We can afford to take on Hayward since we're out of the running for next year's FA market anyway and our saving our capspace for 2021.

The only thing is - we would need compensation for taking on Hayward AND giving up one of Gasol/Ibaka (plus whoever else, depending on the size of the deal) and I'm not sure Boston has anything I personally would be interested in, other than picks. I like Jaylen Brown but not at his new salary AT ALL, so that is definitely off the table.

Anyway, Boston needs a quality big and don't have much by way of enticing players on big enough deals to make a trade work. Plus, we have TWO quality bigs that are potentially available in what is looking like a pretty shallow trade market. The only competition for business is the Cavs and Kevin Love. Boston might be a bit off put by his contract length, age, game and injury history but who knows. Plus the Blazers might also be in the market for a quality big as well.. that changes things.

All that being said, I think we can get more for Ibaka than we could for Gasol and seeing as Boston doesn't have much in terms of value that they would be willing to move, I would probably offer Gasol for Hayward and a pick.

You aren't gonna get much more value for an expiring 34 year old. I mean Gasol fits with Boston perfectly. His game is nearly exactly like Horford's but i give the passing to Gasol.

Hayward has a 32.7 mil contract which means we'll need to add salary to make it work. Luckily, we have some deals that we can live without ( ie. McCaw, Johnson, RHJ) to even it out.

Boston has 3 picks next draft: Their own, Milwaukee's and Memphis. Memphis will be in the lottery but you never know. Boston can't draft what so ever so if they feel they have a chance this year and the pick is late lottery, maybe they give up the pick for a "Raptors run". Preferably, id do something like this:

Hayward + Memphis pick ( or Bos and Mil pick)
for
Gasol, Johnson, RHJ

Lowry/FVV/Davis
Powell/McCaw/Thomas
OG/Hayward/Miller
Siakam/Boucher
Serge/Hernandez

Our depth is obviously thinner but with some picks, Masai can work his magic for the next Siakam in the offseason.
LBJKB24MJ23
RealGM
And1: 21,154

Post#2057 » by LBJKB24MJ23 » Tue Oct 22, 2019 11:02 pm

someone who wants Westbrook - who is 30 years old, on the downside of his career, and relies on his athleticism to be a serviceable player? hes not the same MVP player anymore and he can't shoot 3s. so whats good left of him if he's losing his athleticism and can't shoot?

hard pass on Westbrook. if you said lets get him like 3-4 years ago I would be onboard, he's past his prime now. no thanks.
raf1995 wrote:I just don’t think he has that kind of potential. I think we will regret not trading him for a haul in a few years when he’s a mid-tier starter with nice playmaking and defense and a shaky jumper.
Rapsfan07
RealGM
And1: 5,415

Post#2058 » by Rapsfan07 » Tue Oct 22, 2019 11:07 pm

Red_Claw wrote:
Rapsfan07 wrote:
Red_Claw wrote:

You aren't gonna get much more value for an expiring 34 year old. I mean Gasol fits with Boston perfectly. His game is nearly exactly like Horford's but i give the passing to Gasol.

Hayward has a 32.7 mil contract which means we'll need to add salary to make it work. Luckily, we have some deals that we can live without ( ie. McCaw, Johnson, RHJ) to even it out.

Boston has 3 picks next draft: Their own, Milwaukee's and Memphis. Memphis will be in the lottery but you never know. Boston can't draft what so ever so if they feel they have a chance this year and the pick is late lottery, maybe they give up the pick for a "Raptors run". Preferably, id do something like this:

for
Gasol, Johnson, RHJ

Lowry/FVV/Davis
Powell/McCaw/Thomas
OG/Hayward/Miller
Siakam/Boucher
Serge/Hernandez

Our depth is obviously thinner but with some picks, Masai can work his magic for the next Siakam in the offseason.

I can't see Boston giving up a likely lottery pick for Gasol but I do think we need fair compensation for his value plus the added expense of Hayward's extra year. I'd say Hayward + BOS & MIL 2019 firsts is fair, though Boston might be reluctant to move two picks and depending on what they would substitute one of those pick and/or Hayward's play early on, Masai should be open to negotiating.

Someone proposed an interesting deal somewhere on this forum - Ibaka, Vanvleet for Favors, Moore, Jackson and Walker. That would be amazing and I'd personally add a protected first to make that happen.

Masai would have a young core of OG, Walker, Jackson, Siakam and a pick to rebuild this team. Plus the expiring deals of Lowry and Hayward in the 2021 offseason.
Red_Claw
Lead Assistant

Post#2059 » by Red_Claw » Tue Oct 22, 2019 11:49 pm

Spoiler:
Rapsfan07 wrote:
Red_Claw wrote:
Rapsfan07 wrote:

for
Gasol, Johnson, RHJ

Lowry/FVV/Davis
Powell/McCaw/Thomas
OG/Hayward/Miller
Siakam/Boucher
Serge/Hernandez

I can't see Boston giving up a likely lottery pick for Gasol but I do think we need fair compensation for his value plus the added expense of Hayward's extra year. I'd say Hayward + BOS & MIL 2019 firsts is fair, though Boston might be reluctant to move two picks and depending on what they would substitute one of those pick and/or Hayward's play early on, Masai should be open to negotiating.

Someone proposed an interesting deal somewhere on this forum - Ibaka, Vanvleet for Favors, Moore, Jackson and Walker. That would be amazing and I'd personally add a protected first to make that happen.

Masai would have a young core of OG, Walker, Jackson, Siakam and a pick to rebuild this team. Plus the expiring deals of Lowry and Hayward in the 2021 offseason.

I think its more likely Boston gives up a late lottery pick then New orleans trading Walker. He's got a bright future and they know it. New orleans can sign Serge in the off season if they want him that badly.
Mr Swagtastic
Forum Mod
Forum Mod
And1: 3,173

Post#2060 » by Mr Swagtastic » Wed Oct 23, 2019 12:49 am

Westbrook is the purest form of a alpha dog but his contract is borderline horrible. I don't think he is worth his money here. Pascal plus Westbrook isn't that much better than Lowry plus Siakam. Your also taking a big portion of your 2021 free agency money off the table and I don't think many stars want to play with Russ. He's had Ibaka, KD and Harden on the same team and they couldn't work then George and they went their own way.
Lord Leoshes wrote:i personally would rather keep Chalmers over Lowry

Return to Toronto Raptors