Moderators: MickeyDavis, paulpressey25

ReasonablySober
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 35,013

Re: Media Thread - Nehm with new podcast - page 11 

Post#301 » by ReasonablySober » Tue Oct 29, 2019 10:59 pm

paulpressey25 wrote:
ReasonablySober wrote:Deadspin from all acounts was profitable, and the fact that just about all their editors and writers that got laid off or quit and just as quickly jumped to other established joints should tell you that quality hasn't been an issue.

Enron was profitable.

I bet you thought this was a good line when you said it.
Kerb Hohl
RealGM
And1: 4,171
Location: Hmmmm...how many 1sts would Jason Richardson cost...?

Post#302 » by Kerb Hohl » Tue Oct 29, 2019 11:13 pm

ReasonablySober wrote:Deadspin from all acounts was profitable, and the fact that just about all their editors and writers that got laid off or quit and just as quickly jumped to other established joints should tell you that quality hasn't been an issue.

The fact that their writers jumped to other sites is why I squarely don’t give a ****.

Now maybe I can get a site with Magary and Roth talking about sports and dick jokes. The **** corporate dicks fired 10 other people that all got jobs and do their thing elsewhere that you guys can read. Everyone wins.
paulpressey25
Senior Mod - Bucks
Senior Mod - Bucks
And1: 26,035

Post#303 » by paulpressey25 » Tue Oct 29, 2019 11:24 pm

Maybe one of you guys can explain to me how to listen to Justin Garcia's postgame Bucks show when out of town.

Last night, the link he sent took me to the ESPN radio page. Clicked on the stream 94.5 and/or stream 540am. Both those links took me to the national ESPN radio site, and the link broadcast ESPN radio national programming.

Then tried Streema, TuneIn, etc. and got the same thing for "AM 540" of that national ESPN programming.
In depth discussions here - shorter stuff on Twitter

https://twitter.com/paulpressey25
ReasonablySober
Retired Mod
Retired Mod

Post#304 » by ReasonablySober » Tue Oct 29, 2019 11:25 pm

Kerb Hohl wrote:

The fact that their writers jumped to other sites is why I squarely don’t give a ****.

Now maybe I can get a site with Magary and Roth talking about sports and dick jokes. The **** corporate dicks fired 10 other people that all got jobs and do their thing elsewhere that you guys can read. Everyone wins.

I think you know just as well I do that no matter the talent they won't be allowed to have the same voice at other spots. Even geniuses like Feinberg (while still doing great work) aren't doing the same hilarious stuff at other venues.

ETA: And since when are Magary and Roth the sports guys? That hasn't been the case in forever.
ReasonablySober
Retired Mod
Retired Mod

Post#305 » by ReasonablySober » Tue Oct 29, 2019 11:30 pm

This is the best tweet from today.

Read on Twitter

Nobody can dunk on Whitlock harder than Whitlock himself.
Kerb Hohl
RealGM

Post#306 » by Kerb Hohl » Tue Oct 29, 2019 11:45 pm

ReasonablySober wrote:
Kerb Hohl wrote:

I think you know just as well I do that no matter the talent they won't be allowed to have the same voice at other spots. Even geniuses like Feinberg (while still doing great work) aren't doing the same hilarious stuff at other venues.

ETA: And since when are Magary and Roth the sports guys? That hasn't been the case in forever.

They are mostly sports guys and funny personalities. Great entertainment. Yes, they delve into politics and I actually have liked some of their content but I can do without it.

The problem is most of the other writers are a majority politics or just shaming the rest of the media or other people with identity politics and not much other good content.
ReasonablySober
Retired Mod
Retired Mod

Post#307 » by ReasonablySober » Wed Oct 30, 2019 12:05 am

I honestly can't remember them going after anyone in the media that didn't clearly deserve it.
humanrefutation
Forum Mod
Forum Mod
And1: 13,997

Post#308 » by humanrefutation » Wed Oct 30, 2019 12:10 am

ReasonablySober wrote:This is the best tweet from today.

Read on Twitter

Nobody can dunk on Whitlock harder than Whitlock himself.

What's funny about Whitlock's comments there is that he used to be a fan of Deadspin. I think he even contributed to it back in the day. But as soon as they justifiably criticized him for his many awful, reductive takes, he started getting salty.
Kerb Hohl
RealGM

Post#309 » by Kerb Hohl » Wed Oct 30, 2019 12:14 am

ReasonablySober wrote:I honestly can't remember them going after anyone in the media that didn't clearly deserve it.

Off the top of my head, they doxxed went after their friend Sollenberger/PFT. We’ll agree to disagree because I know that being within 1000 miles of a bad person is a crime to some and I’m sure I’m going to hell for even listening to him speak.

Everything is just too evil/end of the world imo. And sometimes someone in the media can deserve to be made fun of for a bad take. They bring an army of thousands that think they are socially superior and in most cases it just isn’t great for society to get the endorphin rush of ganging up on the perceived bad guys on twitter.
Kerb Hohl
RealGM

Post#310 » by Kerb Hohl » Wed Oct 30, 2019 12:27 am

I’ll step aside here, though.

The act of them being crushed by a media conglomerate was bad.

I’ve stated my other opinions and gone too far already. Continue along without me from here, my dumb point has been made.
chonestown
General Manager
And1: 11,670

Post#311 » by chonestown » Wed Oct 30, 2019 1:34 am

Rockmaninoff wrote:Deadspin was cool when it started. I probably miss FreeDarko, Yaysports, and Wizznutzz more, though.

Ah, so at least there's one other member here who has a Jahidi thong and jams El Debarge on the reg.
“I went to Toronto, I went to Atlanta/I used to drink Pepsi, but now I like Fanta.”
-Hannibal Burress's impression of Canadian music figure Drake

"Poor as a mouse every morning/Rich as a cat every night."
-DCB
chonestown
General Manager
And1: 11,670

Post#312 » by chonestown » Wed Oct 30, 2019 1:37 am

Worthington's Law continues to hold sway.
“I went to Toronto, I went to Atlanta/I used to drink Pepsi, but now I like Fanta.”
-Hannibal Burress's impression of Canadian music figure Drake

"Poor as a mouse every morning/Rich as a cat every night."
-DCB
Rockmaninoff
General Manager
And1: 1,667

Post#313 » by Rockmaninoff » Wed Oct 30, 2019 2:53 am

chonestown wrote:
Rockmaninoff wrote:Deadspin was cool when it started. I probably miss FreeDarko, Yaysports, and Wizznutzz more, though.

Ah, so at least there's one other member here who has a Jahidi thong and jams El Debarge on the reg.

8-)
MilBucksBackOnTop06 wrote:The fight for civil rights just like for liberty and justice and peace won't be won by man. It will take a god...so lets move on to sports.

Magic Giannison wrote:Giannis is god but even god's cannot save our **** team.
kid idioteque
Analyst
And1: 2,542

Post#314 » by kid idioteque » Wed Oct 30, 2019 3:02 am

Deadspin is imperfect but important. In these tumultuous times (to say the least), they've never been afraid of rattling cages and speaking truth to power. New ownership is f*cking the site up badly and I'm afraid its end is near (if not here already).
kid idioteque
Analyst
And1: 2,542

Post#315 » by kid idioteque » Wed Oct 30, 2019 3:03 am

No politics! MD
MickeyDavis
Global Mod
Global Mod
And1: 45,377

Post#316 » by MickeyDavis » Wed Oct 30, 2019 3:54 am

Shutting this down for awhile. I've had to edit/delete some stuff. If you guys can't have a discussion without crossing the line then post somewhere else. This thread may be reopened at some point. In the meantime don't continue this in another thread. Thx.
I'm against picketing but I don't know how to show it.

Return to Milwaukee Bucks