Re: OT - AZ Cards and other NFL or College Football talk 

Post#541 » by SlovenianDragon » Fri Aug 9, 2019 1:58 am

oo nice I found a stream of it too....
SlovenianDragon
Head Coach
And1: 11,031

Post#542 » by SlovenianDragon » Fri Aug 9, 2019 2:12 am

well they are running through us like toilet paper... If I remember correctly didn't our defense suck last year really bad too?

As I say that a fumble but still.
bwgood77
Global Mod
Global Mod
And1: 57,044

Post#543 » by bwgood77 » Fri Aug 9, 2019 2:35 am

SlovenianDragon wrote:well they are running through us like toilet paper... If I remember correctly didn't our defense suck last year really bad too?

Yeah, they did draft a few defensive guys, but outside of their 2nd round pick CB, the other guys didn't get high draft grades (I know nothing about them though). But I expect they will be in a lot of shootouts, so at least it should be entertaining to watch.
SlovenianDragon
Head Coach

Post#544 » by SlovenianDragon » Fri Aug 9, 2019 2:37 am

bwgood77 wrote:
SlovenianDragon wrote:well they are running through us like toilet paper... If I remember correctly didn't our defense suck last year really bad too?

Yeah, they did draft a few defensive guys, but outside of their 2nd round pick CB, the other guys didn't get high draft grades (I know nothing about them though). But I expect they will be in a lot of shootouts, so at least it should be entertaining to watch.

murray looked good on that first drive wanna see a long shot though
SlovenianDragon
Head Coach

Post#545 » by SlovenianDragon » Fri Aug 9, 2019 2:38 am

oh are they gunna shut him down all game now? boo I get it tho
bwgood77
Global Mod
Global Mod

Re: OT - Other sports - MLB, NFL, NCAAF 

Post#546 » by bwgood77 » Wed Oct 2, 2019 1:14 am

So in this Wildcard game, the Nationals, with the better record, outscored the Brewers by over 100 runs this season, outscored their opponents by 149 runs, while the Brewers outscored theirs' by 3.

And of course, as for the pitching matchup...

Read on Twitter

But, the game got off to an interesting start...
Kyler Murray
Suns Forum Fantasy GOD
And1: 687

Post#547 » by Kyler Murray » Sun Oct 6, 2019 8:46 pm

Yay, first win of the season. This kid kyler does look special gotta admit, let's hope management can actually build a team around him.
bwgood77
Global Mod
Global Mod

Post#548 » by bwgood77 » Sun Oct 27, 2019 4:45 pm

Golanator wrote:Got to watch most of the 2nd half last night. Very impressed overall and the Suns made my sports night after my CFB team lost to effing Kansas. Lol

Big 12 was quite intereting yesterday...you lose to Kansas, OU loses to K State, UT to TCU. Still wondering how good Baylor really is. I know they barely beat you (as did UA) and UA stinks so who knows?
bwgood77
Global Mod
Global Mod

Post#549 » by bwgood77 » Tue Oct 29, 2019 3:40 pm

Kdab wrote:A foul.. of course

matt131 wrote:.

BobbieL wrote:.

More frustrating losses this year so far....Chargers or Suns? As many fouls as the Suns have had, I feel penalties have cost the Chargers far more....TDs being called back, etc.

Jazz/Nuggets or Lions/Texans/Titans?

For me it's the Chargers only because games are so signficant. That 4th loss and especially the 5th one (to not a great team) really basically effectively came close to ending the season. They still have a small chance, running the table, or even losing 1, especially with 2 games against KC but they need to beat GB and I don't see that being easy.

With the NBA, a couple of losses, in the grand scheme of things, especially at the beginning of the season when you can learn from them, not that big of a deal.
matt131
Lead Assistant
And1: 4,758

Post#550 » by matt131 » Tue Oct 29, 2019 5:17 pm

bwgood77 wrote:

More frustrating losses this year so far....Chargers or Suns? As many fouls as the Suns have had, I feel penalties have cost the Chargers far more....TDs being called back, etc.

For me it's the Chargers only because games are so signficant. That 4th loss and especially the 5th one (to not a great team) really basically effectively came close to ending the season. They still have a small chance, running the table, or even losing 1, especially with 2 games against KC but they need to beat GB and I don't see that being easy.

With the NBA, a couple of losses, in the grand scheme of things, especially at the beginning of the season when you can learn from them, not that big of a deal.

It's an interesting (and depressing) question (why do we root for THESE teams?! haha). But yes, penalties and losses are more magnified in the NFL since there are only 16 games. I think right now though, I am more frustrated by the Suns because a 4-0 start with wins over the Jazz, Clippers, and Nuggets would set the tone for the rest of the season and maybe even give us some respect around the league and with the media. 1 point losses are much better than 20 point blowouts, but man, I am still agitated by last night's loss.

I think I am less frustrated by the Chargers at the moment just because I feel like they are already out of it. If Mahomes was out for the season, maybe we could win the division. Our defense has just been SOOOO bad without Derwin, so I can see us losing pretty much any game at this point.

But you are right. Losses in the beginning of the NBA season aren't that big of a deal, especially if you can use them as a learning experience. Had a few things gone better for the Chargers (Lions game, Titans game) we'd be right there for the division, but I am not expecting much at this point, so I am less frustrated at each loss.
bwgood77
Global Mod
Global Mod

Post#551 » by bwgood77 » Tue Oct 29, 2019 5:39 pm

matt131 wrote:
bwgood77 wrote:

It's an interesting (and depressing) question (why do we root for THESE teams?! haha). But yes, penalties and losses are more magnified in the NFL since there are only 16 games. I think right now though, I am more frustrated by the Suns because a 4-0 start with wins over the Jazz, Clippers, and Nuggets would set the tone for the rest of the season and maybe even give us some respect around the league and with the media. 1 point losses are much better than 20 point blowouts, but man, I am still agitated by last night's loss.

I think I am less frustrated by the Chargers at the moment just because I feel like they are already out of it. If Mahomes was out for the season, maybe we could win the division. Our defense has just been SOOOO bad without Derwin, so I can see us losing pretty much any game at this point.

But you are right. Losses in the beginning of the NBA season aren't that big of a deal, especially if you can use them as a learning experience. Had a few things gone better for the Chargers (Lions game, Titans game) we'd be right there for the division, but I am not expecting much at this point, so I am less frustrated at each loss.

Yeah, but I was just thinking of the general feeling of each of those Chargers losses right after they happened when people thought the Chargers were a Super Bowl contender. Games they looked in control of in the first half (at least Detroit and Houston) and then blew it getting TDs called back.

With the Suns, while frustrating, I am impressed with the team (not vastly disappointed like with the Chargers) and know there is plenty of time to get those wins because we have talent and are missing Ayton...and they are only going to get better (at least Booker, Ayton, Bridges and the rookies).

With the Chargers I get so anxious in those games. It would be similar to the feeling of a Suns game near the end of a season that really mattered, or almost like a playoff game (maybe an earlier one in the series that you could still bounce back from but is still a tough loss).
Kdab
Senior
And1: 378

Post#552 » by Kdab » Tue Oct 29, 2019 11:35 pm

bwgood77 wrote:More frustrating losses this year so far....Chargers or Suns? As many fouls as the Suns have had, I feel penalties have cost the Chargers far more....TDs being called back, etc.

Expectation vs actual performance, it should be the Chargers but I've been somewhat emotionally detached from them ever since they left San Diego. However, offseason chatter crowning the Chargers as contenders and then the team performing like **** is nothing new and has been happening for several seasons so I wouldn't have been surprised. I still wish Rivers gets a ring though.

On the other hand, I'm just hoping to see actual improvements from the Suns and they sure have surprised this season. Last year was actually more frustrating since instead of improving the team actually regressed and it showed all the way back in Summer League. But the season is long and these losses would only matter if the team does end up in the playoff hunt but I'm not ready to make that jump.

Regarding penalties vs fouls, from what I've watched most of the calls against the Chargers have been correct which doesn't really leave me room to complain about the NFL refs as much. I really couldn't complain about the TD callback when I can clearly see Gordon down inches before the line. Meanwhile the NBA has a lot of touch fouls (and flops) that have been inconsistently called and some blatant bad calls. Booker's foul last night was clearly a foul, but refs don't call it all the time. Though not checking and correcting the clock was inexcusable. It doesn't help that teams can only challenge once, which costs you as timeout and has a lot more restrictions compared to the NFL. Then of course there are non calls which should really be addressed by both leagues.
bwgood77
Global Mod
Global Mod

Post#553 » by bwgood77 » Wed Oct 30, 2019 1:14 am

Kdab wrote:
bwgood77 wrote:More frustrating losses this year so far....Chargers or Suns? As many fouls as the Suns have had, I feel penalties have cost the Chargers far more....TDs being called back, etc.

Expectation vs actual performance, it should be the Chargers but I've been somewhat emotionally detached from them ever since they left San Diego. However, offseason chatter crowning the Chargers as contenders and then the team performing like **** is nothing new and has been happening for several seasons so I wouldn't have been surprised. I still wish Rivers gets a ring though.

On the other hand, I'm just hoping to see actual improvements from the Suns and they sure have surprised this season. Last year was actually more frustrating since instead of improving the team actually regressed and it showed all the way back in Summer League. But the season is long and these losses would only matter if the team does end up in the playoff hunt but I'm not ready to make that jump.

Regarding penalties vs fouls, from what I've watched most of the calls against the Chargers have been correct which doesn't really leave me room to complain about the NFL refs as much. I really couldn't complain about the TD callback when I can clearly see Gordon down inches before the line. Meanwhile the NBA has a lot of touch fouls (and flops) that have been inconsistently called and some blatant bad calls. Booker's foul last night was clearly a foul, but refs don't call it all the time. Though not checking and correcting the clock was inexcusable. It doesn't help that teams can only challenge once, which costs you as timeout and has a lot more restrictions compared to the NFL. Then of course there are non calls which should really be addressed by both leagues.

I meant the two tds called back against the Lions I think from a questionable block in the back and another one. Gordon messed up but we had no excuse running with no timeouts and 30 seconds left when a FG would tie it up. 3 passes to endzone and then short FG to tie it up. Good thing Whisenhunt is gone.
Kdab
Senior
And1: 378

Post#554 » by Kdab » Wed Oct 30, 2019 2:30 am

bwgood77 wrote:I meant the two tds called back against the Lions I think from a questionable block in the back and another one. Gordon messed up but we had no excuse running with no timeouts and 30 seconds left when a FG would tie it up. 3 passes to endzone and then short FG to tie it up. Good thing Whisenhunt is gone.

I didn't get to watch the Lions game. Not sure if the offense is going to get better until they get the run game rolling again. Gordon holding out and then coming back playing like garbage just didn't help.
bwgood77
Global Mod
Global Mod

Re: OT - World Series 

Post#555 » by bwgood77 » Wed Oct 30, 2019 11:41 pm

I'm not even a baseball fan, and I imagine few are here...but for me it's hard not to get pretty excited about a game 7. I've watched the Nationals come back in the Wildcard when they trailed the whole game, and it looked like they were done facing the closer, only to homer twice on b2b pitches.

Then they looked finished against the Dodgers and had a huge rally in the 9th, including a grand slam...then they swept the hot Cardinals.

The won the first two World Series games against favored Houston on the road, but lost the next 3 at home, and won game 6 against one of the best pitchers in baseball, again in Houston.

Game 7 tonight...starts in a few minutes.

There are few words more magical to baseball fans than "Game 7," and here we are, with the World Series between the Washington Nationals and Houston Astros reaching this final clash. The 40th Game 7 in World Series history could involve a number of firsts: The first title for the Nationals franchise, in a series with all seven games won by the road team. Or, if Houston wins, it could involve crowning baseball's first real dynasty since the Yankees of the late 1990s.

• Where and when: Minute Maid Park in Houston, 8:08 p.m. ET.

• Follow the action: Catch it on Fox on TV, and the ESPN Radio broadcast on the air.

• The matchup: Max Scherzer of the Nationals (11-7, 2.92 ERA in the regular season; 3-0, 2.16 ERA in the postseason) vs. Zack Greinke of the Astros (18-5, 2.93 ERA in the regular season; 0-2, 5.30 ERA in the postseason).

• The odds: The opening price of Game 7 is Houston -136, and the total is 7.5 under -120. The runline is Houston -1.5, +155.

https://www.espn.com/mlb/story/_/id/27960985/everything-need-know-be-epic-game-7-showdown
Kyler Murray
Suns Forum Fantasy GOD
And1: 687

Re: OT - World Series Game 7: 5:08 MST 

Post#556 » by Kyler Murray » Wed Oct 30, 2019 11:59 pm

I have zero clue about MLB but it even drew my attention, all 6 games won by the road team, that's crazy.
Sunsss
Analyst
And1: 1,074

Post#557 » by Sunsss » Thu Oct 31, 2019 12:41 am

Ulquiorra wrote:I have zero clue about MLB but it even drew my attention, all 6 games won by the road team, that's crazy.

First time that's ever happened in a best-of-7 series in any sports.
bwgood77
Global Mod
Global Mod

Post#558 » by bwgood77 » Thu Oct 31, 2019 4:28 am

Sunsss wrote:
Ulquiorra wrote:I have zero clue about MLB but it even drew my attention, all 6 games won by the road team, that's crazy.

First time that's ever happened in a best-of-7 series in any sports.

Make that all 7. Washington, trailing through 6 innings, took the lead and then blew it open in the 8th...they did the same to the Dodgers and came back against the Brewers too.
bwgood77
Global Mod
Global Mod

Re: OT - 49ers @ Cardinals, 5:20 MST 

Post#559 » by bwgood77 » Fri Nov 1, 2019 12:29 am

darealjuice
Suns Forum Future All Star
And1: 8,763

Re: OT - 49ers @ Cardinals, 5:20 MST 

Post#560 » by darealjuice » Fri Nov 1, 2019 12:32 am

Cardinals have a dangerous runningback room with Johnson, Edmonds, and Drake if/when they're all healthy. If only our offensive line had that kind of depth lol.

Return to Phoenix Suns