So is Jokic just gonna be seemingly out of shape his entire career and does it matter??

Moderators: ken6199, Dirk, bisme37, KingDavid, bwgood77, zimpy27, cupcakesnake, Domejandro, infinite11285, Harry Garris

Clyde Frazier
Forum Mod
Forum Mod
And1: 25,274

Re: So is Jokic just gonna be fat his entire career? 

Post#161 » by Clyde Frazier » Thu Oct 31, 2019 4:29 pm

DaFan334 wrote:This is the same guy that played 65 minutes in a game last playoffs, right?

In a different body so far this season, unfortunately.
Woody Allen
General Manager
And1: 2,840

Post#162 » by Woody Allen » Fri Nov 1, 2019 5:36 am

He's such a disaster on defense. Screws up the entire defensive rotation. I root for Jokic for the most part but any other player would get roasted so hard if they were so horrible, especially due to being completely out of shape.
Chi
Lead Assistant
And1: 2,376

Post#163 » by Chi » Fri Nov 1, 2019 5:43 am

Everything about Jokic is working out Great for Jokic...
tribulations
Analyst
And1: 1,276

Post#164 » by tribulations » Fri Nov 1, 2019 7:36 am

This forum's obsession with Jokic's weight is borderline perverse.

Sent from my SM-G977B using RealGM mobile app
TheBallsDeeper
Starter
And1: 2,114

Post#165 » by TheBallsDeeper » Fri Nov 1, 2019 11:20 am

I find it ridiculous the people here defending Jokic's weight as not his fault. There are no calories in fresh air. He is putting on weight from a poor diet, there is no argument against that. He is lacking discipline, and it is showing in his performance so far this season.
Richard Miller
Veteran
And1: 2,883

Post#166 » by Richard Miller » Fri Nov 1, 2019 1:18 pm

TheBallsDeeper wrote:I find it ridiculous the people here defending Jokic's weight as not his fault. There are no calories in fresh air. He is putting on weight from a poor diet, there is no argument against that. He is lacking discipline, and it is showing in his performance so far this season.

He was measured at 285 at the beginning of this season, which is actually less than in playoffs when (according to himself) he was 292 and played out of his mind. I don't know what's the Nuggets problem so far this season, but some are desperate to be right I guess. I hope that being 76ers fan is (again) just a strange coincidence. :P
Pachinko_
RealGM
And1: 23,692

Post#167 » by Pachinko_ » Fri Nov 1, 2019 2:09 pm

he is rotund.
TheBallsDeeper
Starter
And1: 2,114

Post#168 » by TheBallsDeeper » Fri Nov 1, 2019 9:20 pm

Richard Miller wrote:
TheBallsDeeper wrote:I find it ridiculous the people here defending Jokic's weight as not his fault. There are no calories in fresh air. He is putting on weight from a poor diet, there is no argument against that. He is lacking discipline, and it is showing in his performance so far this season.

He was measured at 285 at the beginning of this season, which is actually less than in playoffs when (according to himself) he was 292 and played out of his mind. I don't know what's the Nuggets problem so far this season, but some are desperate to be right I guess. I hope that being 76ers fan is (again) just a strange coincidence. :P

Why would it make a difference being a Sixers fan?
PrimeThyme
RealGM
And1: 14,333

Post#169 » by PrimeThyme » Sun Nov 3, 2019 12:20 am

He is one of my favorite players in the league, but this is just unacceptable. Tonight is the first time I've really gotten to watch him play for a full game and he is visibly gassed on the court and is clearly playing overweight. He's settled for about 3 contested threes tonight because he is so gassed from playing defense. He has to catch his breath at the free-throw line and after every possession.

No clue how he came into the season like this.
Clyde Frazier
Forum Mod
Forum Mod
And1: 25,274

Post#170 » by Clyde Frazier » Sun Nov 3, 2019 12:50 am

tribulations wrote:This forum's obsession with Jokic's weight is borderline perverse.

Sent from my SM-G977B using RealGM mobile app

Nah, I'm a big fan of his and he's visibly worse this season as a result of the poor conditioning, so I want to see him get his **** together.
DaddyCool19
Lead Assistant
And1: 6,392

Post#171 » by DaddyCool19 » Sun Nov 3, 2019 1:14 am

I bet somewhere is a fanboy, who thinks this is what peak performance looks like when he sees Jokic playing right now
Richard Miller
Veteran
And1: 2,883

Post#172 » by Richard Miller » Sun Nov 3, 2019 1:37 am

DaddyCool19 wrote:I bet somewhere is a fanboy, who thinks this is what peak performance looks like when he sees Jokic playing right now

Yup: https://streamable.com/t8kke
robbie84
Lead Assistant
And1: 4,376

Post#173 » by robbie84 » Sun Nov 3, 2019 4:59 am

Did he bulk up with the plan to cut down afterwards?
One day Marcus Smart will be defensive player of the year, mark my words.
Black Mage
Lead Assistant
And1: 4,580

Post#174 » by Black Mage » Sun Nov 3, 2019 5:27 am

UKClipperfan wrote:i know he's talented, but like... im watching the game right now and his belly kinda stickin out, my arns are leaner than his

i thought he would at least lean up a little bit by now

I think this is what Jokic is aiming for...

nbhadja
Sixth Man
And1: 1,148

Post#175 » by nbhadja » Sun Nov 3, 2019 5:28 am

UKClipperfan wrote:
GregOden wrote:I wonder how an active pro athlete is even that fat. Does he just eat a bucket of cheetos when he goes home?

yeh u would think playing that much basketball and sweating that much, would make it impossible to be fat

not being muscular i understand, but fat? he must be eating very well

He must be eat massive amounts of sugar and other carbs to be chubby despite the intense exercise of the NBA grind. His diet has to be trash.
CIN-C-STAR
Head Coach
And1: 16,280

Post#176 » by CIN-C-STAR » Sun Nov 3, 2019 5:30 am

Why's everyone on this thread spelling it wrong? :crazy:

Get it right, it's Jokicc :nod:

:lol:
"I'd rather have Kevin Love spacing out to the three point line than anything (Karl) Malone brings"
:lol: :lol: :lol:
the_process
RealGM
And1: 8,703

Post#177 » by the_process » Sun Nov 3, 2019 6:04 am

dhsilv2 wrote:
Pg81 wrote:
dhsilv2 wrote:
How many people who are over weight are actively attempting to stop being fat? I'm fat...I made the choice to eat what I ate. Just like in college and my early 20's when I made the choice to have abs year round (which was by no means easy for me).

I do not know. Do you? I do know that most fat people I know who try to reduce weight struggle a lot with it. Considering that the relapse rate is frighteningly high, the notion that all you have to do is "just do not eat bad foodz" is about as useful as telling a junkie to just do not do drugs. In other words it is a completely and utterly empty and hollow advice lacking any insight into the actual issue.

ZB9 wrote:
lol lazy compared to whom? The unemployment rate in the US is just 3.6 percent. The unemployment rate in Europe is 6.8 percent.

Maybe you are talking about North Americans? The unemployment rate in Canada is 5.7 percent. That would fit your narrative better. Although it's still lower than in Europe.

You're right about Americans having bad eating habits but calling Americans "lazy" doesnt make much sense.

Wait, what? Do you seriously believe that employment and unemployment rate have anything to do with laziness? :crazy:

The-Power wrote:Are you seriously comparing Jokic and his incentives (and opportunities) to stay in great shape to average people and their incentives (and opportunities)? Come on. Next you're telling me basketball players can't be expected to practice and play basketball every day because the average person doesn't play basketball every day either. And maybe, just maybe you noticed that the ‘obesity pandemic’ is not really much of an issue in the NBA. I wonder if there's any reason for that...

Maybe read the post I was originally reacting to? The one who claims that it is all 100% on you? :roll:

Who said don't eat bad food? I said put the fork down. You can go a month without eating. I can assure you, your weight will drop. It is THAT simple. If someone consumes less calories than they burn, they'll drop weight. If people struggle to keep weight off, it's for one SIMPLE reason. They chose to eat more than they burn. Every time you eat, it's a choice. There's a difference in "want" and "choice". If I want abs (who doesn't?) but choose to eat a burrito....well I chose to be fat.

The less you eat, the more your body produces fat. It’s a defense mechanism that your body goes into when food intake is irregular.

That being said, if all the running that occurs in the NBA isn’t helping, then Jokic’s diet is obviously to blame for his extra pounds.
Ryoga Hibiki
RealGM
And1: 6,545

Post#178 » by Ryoga Hibiki » Sun Nov 3, 2019 10:16 am

the_process wrote:
dhsilv2 wrote:
Pg81 wrote:
I do not know. Do you? I do know that most fat people I know who try to reduce weight struggle a lot with it. Considering that the relapse rate is frighteningly high, the notion that all you have to do is "just do not eat bad foodz" is about as useful as telling a junkie to just do not do drugs. In other words it is a completely and utterly empty and hollow advice lacking any insight into the actual issue.

Wait, what? Do you seriously believe that employment and unemployment rate have anything to do with laziness? :crazy:

Maybe read the post I was originally reacting to? The one who claims that it is all 100% on you? :roll:

Who said don't eat bad food? I said put the fork down. You can go a month without eating. I can assure you, your weight will drop. It is THAT simple. If someone consumes less calories than they burn, they'll drop weight. If people struggle to keep weight off, it's for one SIMPLE reason. They chose to eat more than they burn. Every time you eat, it's a choice. There's a difference in "want" and "choice". If I want abs (who doesn't?) but choose to eat a burrito....well I chose to be fat.

The less you eat, the more your body produces fat. It’s a defense mechanism that your body goes into when food intake is irregular.

That being said, if all the running that occurs in the NBA isn’t helping, then Jokic’s diet is obviously to blame for his extra pounds.
I don't think your are explaining this properly.

Sent from my Nokia 3210 using RealGM mobile app
Слава Украине!
WHITE_HOT_HEAT
Sixth Man
And1: 2,209

Post#179 » by WHITE_HOT_HEAT » Sun Nov 3, 2019 10:39 am

No two ways about it. He's not an average Joe. The guy is paid 10s of millions and has the best ecosystem to stay in shape. He doesn't and his lack of conditioning and bulk is hindering his team. In short = he is a fat lazy **** who needs to be held accountable and not coddled.
"And a Man?... A Man provides... And he does it even when he's not appreciated, or respected, or even loved. He simply bears up and he does it.... Because he's a Man...."
ImmortalD24
Assistant Coach
And1: 281

Post#180 » by ImmortalD24 » Sun Nov 3, 2019 10:53 am

He's an alright player.. but he's closer to a Bargnani than say a Duncan. Just sayin..

Imon wrote:
GregOden wrote:I wonder how an active pro athlete is even that fat. Does he just eat a bucket of cheetos when he goes home?

I'm not concern about Jokic.
He wants to be the very best - like no one ever was.
Read on Twitter

Euphemism for.. ;-)

Return to The General Board