So is Jokic just gonna be seemingly out of shape his entire career and does it matter??

Moderators: ken6199, Dirk, bisme37, KingDavid, bwgood77, zimpy27, cupcakesnake, Domejandro, infinite11285, Harry Garris

stoo
Bench Warmer
And1: 1,150

Re: So is Jokic just gonna be fat his entire career? 

Post#181 » by stoo » Sun Nov 3, 2019 11:46 am

I think summer with national team hasn't helped him. Also, I believe Nugggs are trying some things without him or not as involved as he can be, in case they are forced to play those rotation somewhen in the future. He'll be fine this season as always.. and literally every time he started season slowly
NotSinceWilt
76ciology
RealGM
And1: 23,528

Post#182 » by 76ciology » Sun Nov 3, 2019 11:55 am

There’s never been a time in history when we look back and say that the people who were censoring free speech were the good guys.
2011Champs
General Manager
And1: 854

Post#183 » by 2011Champs » Sun Nov 3, 2019 2:24 pm

Well, he isn’t Oliver Miller fat at least
dhsilv2
RealGM
And1: 22,507

Post#184 » by dhsilv2 » Sun Nov 3, 2019 6:03 pm

the_process wrote:
The less you eat, the more your body produces fat. It’s a defense mechanism that your body goes into when food intake is irregular.

That being said, if all the running that occurs in the NBA isn’t helping, then Jokic’s diet is obviously to blame for his extra pounds.

The body can't produce fat in the absence of calories. One's metabolism can slow down...but none the less we remain in a world of calories in calories out.

Exercise is for most people never going to offset the need to stop eating so much. Mind you not really a problem with nba guys...they are the freakest of freaky guys.
Wolfgang630
RealGM
And1: 16,425

Re: So is Jokic just gonna be seemingly out of shape his entire career and does it matter?? 

Post#185 » by Wolfgang630 » Sun Nov 3, 2019 6:38 pm

What’s wrong with this team? Why is their scoring so low? Does the offense not run through joker as much? Are they trying to play too many players?
levon
RealGM
And1: 23,189

Re: So is Jokic just gonna be seemingly out of shape his entire career and does it matter?? 

Post#186 » by levon » Sun Nov 3, 2019 6:42 pm

Wolfgang630 wrote:What’s wrong with this team? Why is their scoring so low? Does the offense not run through joker as much? Are they trying to play too many players?

Their superstar hasn't been a superstar yet. And from what I've seen Murray still hasn't taken a step forward.
cjx
Lead Assistant
And1: 5,480

Post#188 » by cjx » Sun Nov 3, 2019 7:37 pm

Jokic needs to eat some burdock root, kale and soursop asap! You should too, my RealGM friends. Cut out the sugary drinks and fast food. Jokic is too apathetic. A poor diet will have that effect on your mind.
Take a couple of minutes and check out this comic book, my friends: https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/574101710/the-assemblage-issue-1a-courage-and-no-more-crises
jehosafats
Lead Assistant
And1: 3,696

Post#189 » by jehosafats » Sun Nov 3, 2019 7:47 pm

He's got Bryant Reeves beat in that department
Baski
Lead Assistant
And1: 3,950

Post#190 » by Baski » Mon Nov 4, 2019 7:13 am

Sofia wrote:it worked for yo mama

:lol: :lol: :lol: I'm dead
Sgt Major
Head Coach
And1: 15,153

Post#191 » by Sgt Major » Mon Nov 4, 2019 7:29 am

Wolfgang630 wrote:What’s wrong with this team? Why is their scoring so low? Does the offense not run through joker as much? Are they trying to play too many players?

Malone is running slow pace plays for some reason and this doesn't suit Jokic, however stupid that may sound. The moment they sped up the game vs Magic, he started doing his thing.
Det. Frank Pembleton: You know, sometimes you're funny. Then there's now.
Roy The Natural
RealGM
And1: 5,421

Post#192 » by Roy The Natural » Mon Nov 4, 2019 10:19 am

dhsilv2 wrote:
ZB9 wrote:
dhsilv2 wrote:
You can work 100 hours a week and still be lazy...

lol wtf 100 hours? No, if you work 100 hours in a week, you are definitely not being lazy.

If you are working hard, you are not being lazy.

You and I must have very very different definitions of what being lazy entails.

The use of the word "hard" is a pretty big qualifier. I know plenty of people who work 100 hours a week...about 0 of that is working hard though.

I call bull.

In fact, I absolutely GUARANTEE you don't know a single person who regularly works 100 hours a week. The math just doesn't add up.

That works out:

7 day work week - 14 hours a day

6 day work week - 16.7 hours a day

5 day work week - 20 hours a day

No one's really working those hours regularly in America outside of business entrepreneurs who aren't working as much as doing what they love. The 5 and 6 day work weeks are literally impossible to maintain without burning out almost immediately from pure lack of sleep. The 7 day work week is plausible, but not for long periods. When I was in the military we'd do 17-20 hour days in bursts of 3-4 days every now and then, but no one is working that regularly.
J-Mezzy
RealGM
And1: 3,218

Post#193 » by J-Mezzy » Mon Nov 4, 2019 11:25 am

Yeah no one who works 100 hrs a week can be lazy lol

I don't care if their job is just to sit there and look at a screen. To work 16 hour days and only be home to sleep means you have a pretty good work ethic.
Thank you triplemke23 for the sig.
J-Mezzy
RealGM
And1: 3,218

Post#194 » by J-Mezzy » Mon Nov 4, 2019 11:29 am

I never thought much about his weight until the other night when i watched him live and my wife and 8 year old daughte both asked...how is that guy in the NBA?

I said he is actually pretty good lol..they both said how?
Thank you triplemke23 for the sig.
dhsilv2
RealGM

Post#195 » by dhsilv2 » Mon Nov 4, 2019 1:14 pm

Roy The Natural wrote:
dhsilv2 wrote:
ZB9 wrote:
lol wtf 100 hours? No, if you work 100 hours in a week, you are definitely not being lazy.

If you are working hard, you are not being lazy.

You and I must have very very different definitions of what being lazy entails.

The use of the word "hard" is a pretty big qualifier. I know plenty of people who work 100 hours a week...about 0 of that is working hard though.

I call bull.

In fact, I absolutely GUARANTEE you don't know a single person who regularly works 100 hours a week. The math just doesn't add up.

That works out:

No one's really working those hours regularly in America outside of business entrepreneurs who aren't working as much as doing what they love. The 5 and 6 day work weeks are literally impossible to maintain without burning out almost immediately from pure lack of sleep. The 7 day work week is plausible, but not for long periods. When I was in the military we'd do 17-20 hour days in bursts of 3-4 days every now and then, but no one is working that regularly.

Depends on regularly, every week, no. Do it often for stretches or at least one week a month? I've done that myself at times.
MartinsLusis
Senior
And1: 544

Post#196 » by MartinsLusis » Mon Nov 4, 2019 3:27 pm

Is he a great player? Absolutely.

Could he be even better if he got in shape? Absolutely.

You could really see how much being out of shape and lacking stamina impacted his productivity in the World Cup. But you can also tell that in the NBA of course.
Ahmed1212
Senior
And1: 558

Post#197 » by Ahmed1212 » Mon Nov 4, 2019 3:47 pm

If he was on the Heat. Would he be suspended?
Micro SaaS founder. Help people grow their Twitter and LinkedIn accounts. Subscribe here, https://www.postlyynewsletter.com/ for free tips on creating engaging content on Twiter and LinkedIn.
Roy The Natural
RealGM

Post#198 » by Roy The Natural » Mon Nov 4, 2019 7:49 pm

dhsilv2 wrote:
Roy The Natural wrote:
dhsilv2 wrote:

I call bull.

That works out:

Depends on regularly, every week, no. Do it often for stretches or at least one week a month? I've done that myself at times.

Explain. Doing what? I don't really believe you. What is the job title, and why were you working that much so regularly?

An 80 hour week every 3 or so months is plausible, 100 hours really just isn't. First off you basically have to be exempt, and salary. Additionally, any company working it empolyees like that regularly is well on it's way to tanking.

I've been in the "workforce" for 13 yearsas an engineer and never seen a single person work a 100 hour week. So I'm calling bull.
dhsilv2
RealGM

Post#199 » by dhsilv2 » Mon Nov 4, 2019 7:56 pm

Roy The Natural wrote:
dhsilv2 wrote:
Roy The Natural wrote:
I call bull.

That works out:

Explain. Doing what? I don't really believe you. What is the job title, and why were you working that much so regularly?

Financial analyst for a tech startup. Each month I had reports I had to get out that were done through excel. So weekend or not I'd be in the office 40 hours or so at the start of each month just to do the reporting. Throw in email, other work, and general keeping up with changes and it was pretty easy to put in 90-100 hours that first week of the month. Then I'd just work my normal 9 to 8 (leaving early for happy hour once or twice a week) and then work 4-5 hours in the mornings on weekends. And of course I'd normally check emails around midnight when a few members of management would start spamming out emails.

Hardly hard work...and certainly found myself goofing around plenty, but meh...was just easier to constantly be connected given emails and requests came in at all hours.
Roy The Natural
RealGM

Post#200 » by Roy The Natural » Mon Nov 4, 2019 8:11 pm

dhsilv2 wrote:
Roy The Natural wrote:
dhsilv2 wrote:

Financial analyst for a tech startup. Each month I had reports I had to get out that were done through excel. So weekend or not I'd be in the office 40 hours or so at the start of each month just to do the reporting. Throw in email, other work, and general keeping up with changes and it was pretty easy to put in 90-100 hours that first week of the month. Then I'd just work my normal 9 to 8 (leaving early for happy hour once or twice a week) and then work 4-5 hours in the mornings on weekends. And of course I'd normally check emails around midnight when a few members of management would start spamming out emails.

Hardly hard work...and certainly found myself goofing around plenty, but meh...was just easier to constantly be connected given emails and requests came in at all hours.

Should have automated it using VBA for Excel. Whenever I have Excel work, I just spend the time to write the macros to automate everything in Excel. There's even plenty of software that will scan and parse documents that you can then organize and calculate by coding with Excel. That's what I always did.

Working for a tech startup I could see someone hitting your hours, but that's only because tech startups are normally garbage company's with garbage management that don't know how to budget.

If you are still working in finance you must learn Excel vba, and become fluent in it. It's too important of a tool and you will never be working crappy hours like that again.

Thanks for the explanation.

Return to The General Board