So is Jokic just gonna be seemingly out of shape his entire career and does it matter??

Moderators: ken6199, Dirk, bisme37, KingDavid, bwgood77, zimpy27, cupcakesnake, Domejandro, infinite11285, Harry Garris

Wagonband
Bench Warmer
And1: 3,191

Re: So is Jokic just gonna be seemingly out of shape his entire career and does it matter?? 

Post#201 » by Wagonband » Mon Nov 4, 2019 8:12 pm

Was the title of the thread really changed because the word "fat" is offensive to some? WOW
dhsilv2
RealGM
And1: 22,456

Re: So is Jokic just gonna be fat his entire career? 

Post#202 » by dhsilv2 » Mon Nov 4, 2019 8:31 pm

Roy The Natural wrote:
dhsilv2 wrote:
Roy The Natural wrote:
Explain. Doing what? I don't really believe you. What is the job title, and why were you working that much so regularly?

Financial analyst for a tech startup. Each month I had reports I had to get out that were done through excel. So weekend or not I'd be in the office 40 hours or so at the start of each month just to do the reporting. Throw in email, other work, and general keeping up with changes and it was pretty easy to put in 90-100 hours that first week of the month. Then I'd just work my normal 9 to 8 (leaving early for happy hour once or twice a week) and then work 4-5 hours in the mornings on weekends. And of course I'd normally check emails around midnight when a few members of management would start spamming out emails.

Hardly hard work...and certainly found myself goofing around plenty, but meh...was just easier to constantly be connected given emails and requests came in at all hours.

Should have automated it using VBA for Excel. Whenever I have Excel work, I just spend the time to write the macros to automate everything in Excel. There's even plenty of software that will scan and parse documents that you can then organize and calculate by coding with Excel. That's what I always did.

Working for a tech startup I could see someone hitting your hours, but that's only because tech startups are normally garbage company's with garbage management that don't know how to budget.

If you are still working in finance you must learn Excel vba, and become fluent in it. It's too important of a tool and you will never be working crappy hours like that again.

Thanks for the explanation.

There was huge amounts of VBA code used in the production of the reports. That however doesn't address data quality issues which was why we ran it through excel in the first place. The fix was moving it into a real BI platform that could automate the process. But that required a year of data cleanup and working with IT to create the data warehouse and then the reporting.

That said, I don't think VBA is a useful skill in most finance environments. Good BI tools are far more important and more wide spread.
Showdown
Sixth Man
And1: 1,102

Re: So is Jokic just gonna be seemingly out of shape his entire career and does it matter?? 

Post#203 » by Showdown » Mon Nov 4, 2019 9:54 pm

Seemingly out of shape = Fat
stoo
Bench Warmer
And1: 1,095

Post#204 » by stoo » Mon Nov 4, 2019 10:25 pm

shouldn't it be "lot of shape" instead of "out of shape"?
NotSinceWilt
UKClipperfan
Junior
And1: 181

Post#205 » by UKClipperfan » Fri Nov 8, 2019 4:44 am

Wagonband wrote:Was the title of the thread really changed because the word "fat" is offensive to some? WOW

yeh i titled it fat, coz thats what he is by professional ahtlete standards, fat

cant believe this went 11 pages deep tho... lol
ATTL
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 8,482

Post#206 » by ATTL » Fri Nov 8, 2019 5:54 am

We prefer "people of mass" or "curvy".

He'll play himself into the same shape he was at near the end of last year. No worries.
TheBallsDeeper
Starter
And1: 2,114

Post#207 » by TheBallsDeeper » Fri Nov 8, 2019 6:01 am

Wagonband wrote:Was the title of the thread really changed because the word "fat" is offensive to some? WOW

Hahaha - I'd love to know who the fatty is that reported it!
TheBallsDeeper
Starter

Post#208 » by TheBallsDeeper » Fri Nov 8, 2019 6:17 am

stoo wrote:shouldn't it be "lot of shape" instead of "out of shape"?

Round is a shape
TheBallsDeeper
Starter

Post#209 » by TheBallsDeeper » Fri Nov 8, 2019 6:23 am

stoo wrote:I think summer with national team hasn't helped him. Also, I believe Nugggs are trying some things without him or not as involved as he can be, in case they are forced to play those rotation somewhen in the future. He'll be fine this season as always.. and literally every time he started season slowly

Is "trying some things without him", code for "having to bench him on defense because teams are exploiting his weakness"? If so, I agree.
Sgt Major
Head Coach
And1: 15,074

Post#210 » by Sgt Major » Fri Nov 8, 2019 7:02 am

You're nuts

OnePlus 6/Tapatalk
Det. Frank Pembleton: You know, sometimes you're funny. Then there's now.
stoo
Bench Warmer
And1: 1,095

Post#211 » by stoo » Fri Nov 8, 2019 10:32 am

TheBallsDeeper wrote:
stoo wrote:I think summer with national team hasn't helped him. Also, I believe Nugggs are trying some things without him or not as involved as he can be, in case they are forced to play those rotation somewhen in the future. He'll be fine this season as always.. and literally every time he started season slowly

Is "trying some things without him", code for "having to bench him on defense because teams are exploiting his weakness"? If so, I agree.

just watch a game tonight
NotSinceWilt
Richard Miller
Veteran
And1: 2,883

Post#212 » by Richard Miller » Sat Nov 9, 2019 6:03 am

stoo wrote:
TheBallsDeeper wrote:

I hope he watched :lol:
Sharkboy242
Veteran
And1: 3,796

Post#213 » by Sharkboy242 » Sat Nov 9, 2019 6:11 am

Richard Miller wrote:
stoo wrote:
TheBallsDeeper wrote:Is "trying some things without him", code for "having to bench him on defense because teams are exploiting his weakness"? If so, I agree.

He's doubling down on his stupidity like the child he is (in the game thread) :lol:
CIN-C-STAR
Head Coach
And1: 16,280

Post#214 » by CIN-C-STAR » Sat Nov 9, 2019 6:23 am

Jokicc looked pretty good tonight hitting that game winner through contact 8-)
"I'd rather have Kevin Love spacing out to the three point line than anything (Karl) Malone brings"
:lol: :lol: :lol:
TheBallsDeeper
Starter

Post#215 » by TheBallsDeeper » Sat Nov 9, 2019 6:26 am

Richard Miller wrote:
stoo wrote:
TheBallsDeeper wrote:Is "trying some things without him", code for "having to bench him on defense because teams are exploiting his weakness"? If so, I agree.

I did, good win by the Nuggets.

I thought the Sixers were running away with it, but Brown running with Neto when Trey Burkle was killing it and Embiid continuously playing stupid basketball let them back in it. If Neto and Embiid were benched with Horfard playing centre and Richardson playing point Sixers would have had an easy night.

Full credit to Murray, he played a great game, he was the best player on the court today. Swap him for Simmons and the Sixers win the title.

Jokic was poor, he was the main reason the Sixers had a big lead, he is really bad defensively, repeatedly got blown away by the Sixers players. His only savior was Embiid being the idiot that he is trying to show he is the best center, kept trying to put a massive dunk on, and the triple team stripped the ball, but to Jokic's credit he hung in there and made a crucial three and sold the flop on the last play to seal it. Sixers won't go anywhere with Brett Brown as Coach, and Nuggets won't go anywhere with a center that can't defend.
TheBallsDeeper
Starter

Post#216 » by TheBallsDeeper » Sat Nov 9, 2019 6:27 am

Sharkboy242 wrote:
Richard Miller wrote:
stoo wrote:

He's doubling down on his stupidity like the child he is (in the game thread) :lol:

Seriously, you should watch the game, you'll enjoy it. If you don't have access let me know and I might be able to send you my league pass log on.
Sgt Major
Head Coach
And1: 15,074

Post#217 » by Sgt Major » Sat Nov 9, 2019 6:44 am

OnePlus 6/Tapatalk
Det. Frank Pembleton: You know, sometimes you're funny. Then there's now.
Richard Miller
Veteran
And1: 2,883

Post#218 » by Richard Miller » Sat Nov 9, 2019 7:54 am

Btw, seemingly fat/out of shape Jokic played nearly 10 minutes more than Embiid.
Johnny Firpo
RealGM
And1: 8,683

Post#219 » by Johnny Firpo » Sat Nov 9, 2019 8:04 am

TheBallsDeeper wrote:
Richard Miller wrote:
stoo wrote:

I thought the Sixers were running away with it, but Brown running with Neto when Trey Burkle was killing it and Embiid continuously playing stupid basketball let them back in it. If Neto and Embiid were benched with Horfard playing centre and Richardson playing point Sixers would have had an easy night.

Full credit to Murray, he played a great game, he was the best player on the court today. Swap him for Simmons and the Sixers win the title.

Jokic was poor, he was the main reason the Sixers had a big lead, he is really bad defensively, repeatedly got blown away by the Sixers players. His only savior was Embiid being the idiot that he is trying to show he is the best center, kept trying to put a massive dunk on, and the triple team stripped the ball, but to Jokic's credit he hung in there and made a crucial three and sold the flop on the last play to seal it. Sixers won't go anywhere with Brett Brown as Coach, and Nuggets won't go anywhere with a center that can't defend.

You are so far removed from reality that it's not even funny anymore, man.
TheBallsDeeper
Starter

Post#220 » by TheBallsDeeper » Sat Nov 9, 2019 8:45 am

Johnny Firpo wrote:
TheBallsDeeper wrote:
Richard Miller wrote:

You are so far removed from reality that it's not even funny anymore, man.

It would be good if you actually provided a reason rather than just a statement.

Did you watch the game or just check Box scores? Considering it was on at the same time as the Dallas game, and you are a Dallas supporter, did you really watch the Nuggets Sixers game instead of the Dallas New York game? It seems really unlikely, so how are you able to dispute my observations? Or are you just running with the sheep, and posting low IG takes?

If you did watch it, which parts of my analyses do you agree with?

If you did not watch it, do you think you are qualified to comment on my analysis of the game, or are you just a box score watcher? Did you even watch the Dallas game? Maybe watch some games, you might enjoy it.

Return to The General Board