ImageImageImageImageImage

GM 7: Lakers @ Chicago 8:00pm

Moderators: TyCobb, Danny Darko, Kilroy

kblo247
RealGM
And1: 2,130

Re: GM 7: Lakers @ Chicago 8:00pm 

Post#201 » by kblo247 » Wed Nov 6, 2019 5:00 am

LAKESHOW wrote:This is what i want to see from vogel, the ability to develop the bench

I like seeing the defense. I was reminded of how useful guys like Lance, Hibbert, etc looked and were under him on that end. I watched Daniels in Houston and Phoenix, I've never seen him fight on the glass or rotate right :lol:
thebigbird
Head Coach
And1: 19,948

Post#202 » by thebigbird » Wed Nov 6, 2019 5:03 am

kblo247 wrote:
thebigbird wrote:
kblo247 wrote:But it worked. There are so many what ifs.

If Malone doesn't get hurt the LAkers win and Kobe/Shaq probably stay together and PAyton does not get traded or Fisher walk.

Heck if Jason Kidd's knee doesn't blow out in game 7 the Nets make 3 straight Finals and we never see the Pistons anyhow

KAwhi won doing stuff his way. The Clippers have never won ****. So following his path may get them there

It worked for the Raptors because they had a great supporting cast around him. They had a better record without him than with him. Can the clippers do that? It remains to be seen, especially until George comes back. Dude is a part-time player at this point.

Shaq was part time player too at his peak. But unlike Shaq, KAwhi comes and stays in shape.

Shaq's peak was his 2000 MVP season. He played 79 regular season games and averaged 40 mpg. He then played 23 games in the playoffs at 43.5 mpg. Not at all comparable to every other game Kawhi. They'd have to amputate his leg if he played that much.
toodles23
Assistant Coach
And1: 3,442

Post#203 » by toodles23 » Wed Nov 6, 2019 5:05 am

kblo247 wrote:
iamworthy wrote:
kblo247 wrote:Its 49 Lebron, 51 KAwho right now because of opening night

Stephen A and MAx had the argument on TV and I lean to MAx ... The one thing Kawhi has on LeBron is that LEBron ducked him on opening night. HE ducked him, wouldn't defend him, went ghost took the L, and tried press spin it. Right now their play level is close with Bron having a edge, but I give it to KAwhi because Kawhi waxed that ass opening night and then did the my city campaign.

Bron got to put an ass whooping on him tbh for me to say he can have Kawhi's spot

Wait what

Lebron actually played in that game. Kawhi is ducking Giannis tomorrow, the reigning MVP, by not even suiting up. And he had 3 days to rest before this game.
kblo247
RealGM

Post#204 » by kblo247 » Wed Nov 6, 2019 5:10 am

thebigbird wrote:
kblo247 wrote:
thebigbird wrote:It worked for the Raptors because they had a great supporting cast around him. They had a better record without him than with him. Can the clippers do that? It remains to be seen, especially until George comes back. Dude is a part-time player at this point.

Shaq was part time player too at his peak. But unlike Shaq, KAwhi comes and stays in shape.

Shaq's peak was his 2000 MVP season. He played 79 games regular season games and averaged 40 mpg. He then played 23 games in the playoffs at 43.5 mpg. Kawhi has never done anything comparable to that.

Okay he had an outlier year. Shaq was Holywood all years but that one and got called on the carpet for it frequently for when he was young, being concerned with movies and raps over staying in shape and getting hurt. Then when he peaked, not being hungry and playing his way in shape and healing on company time.

Literally Shaq played 51, 60, and 49 games before that MVP year. Then he played 74 and 67 every year after and got called out of shape by MAlone in the media his last year.

Kawho has been a 64-75 game player his whole career in the regular season even before Zaza got him. So him limiting himself to 66 games for example before the playoffs makes sense if he is healthy going into them because no player impacted the playoffs like him last year both ways
kblo247
RealGM

Post#205 » by kblo247 » Wed Nov 6, 2019 5:11 am

toodles23 wrote:
kblo247 wrote:
iamworthy wrote:

Stephen A and MAx had the argument on TV and I lean to MAx ... The one thing Kawhi has on LeBron is that LEBron ducked him on opening night. HE ducked him, wouldn't defend him, went ghost took the L, and tried press spin it. Right now their play level is close with Bron having a edge, but I give it to KAwhi because Kawhi waxed that ass opening night and then did the my city campaign.

Bron got to put an ass whooping on him tbh for me to say he can have Kawhi's spot

Wait what

Lebron actually played in that game. Kawhi is ducking Giannis tomorrow, the reigning MVP, by not even suiting up. And he had 3 days to rest before this game.

Kawhi does not have to duck the Greek Freak who he turned into the Greek Ghost when it mattered and had shaking art the line like booty meat last time they saw one another.
thebigbird
Head Coach
And1: 19,948

Post#206 » by thebigbird » Wed Nov 6, 2019 5:18 am

kblo247 wrote:
thebigbird wrote:
kblo247 wrote:Shaq was part time player too at his peak. But unlike Shaq, KAwhi comes and stays in shape.

Shaq's peak was his 2000 MVP season. He played 79 games regular season games and averaged 40 mpg. He then played 23 games in the playoffs at 43.5 mpg. Kawhi has never done anything comparable to that.

Okay he had an outlier year. Shaq was Holywood all years but that one and got called on the carpet for it frequently for when he was young, being concerned with movies and raps over staying in shape and getting hurt. Then when he peaked, not being hungry and playing his way in shape and healing on company time.

Literally Shaq played 51, 60, and 49 games before that MVP year. Then he played 74 and 67 every year after and got called out of shape by MAlone in the media his last year.

Kawho has been a 64-75 game player his whole career in the regular season even before Zaza got him. So him limiting himself to 66 games for example before the playoffs makes sense if he is healthy going into them because no player impacted the playoffs like him last year both ways

Bro.. The year Shaq played 49 games was the lockout season. They only played 50 games that year, so he missed 1 game. Also, Kawhi has never played 75 games in a regular season and has only played more than 66 twice in eight seasons, so I'm not sure how he has been a "64-75 game player his whole career."...
snaquille oatmeal
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 4,763

Post#207 » by snaquille oatmeal » Wed Nov 6, 2019 5:25 am

kblo247 wrote:
iamworthy wrote:
kblo247 wrote:Its 49 Lebron, 51 KAwho right now because of opening night

Read on Twitter
?s=21

I saw that and I can tell you that argument is flawed. that was the first game of the season Lebron was playing with a team that has never played together before and was actually learning the point guard position. of course Lebron will get paired against the opposing PG. he was not hiding from KL. Leonard on the hand was playing with a team that already has chemistry because most of the team already play a hole season together. that is a huge advantage. just because Max and SAS wanted to see that match up and didn't doesn't mean that Lebron chickened out. it just means that it was more important for the team to play their part.
Forum permissions
You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot trade for basketball reasons in this forum
You cannot but I can...five rings!
Kilroy
Forum Mod - Lakers
Forum Mod - Lakers
And1: 12,222

Post#208 » by Kilroy » Wed Nov 6, 2019 5:34 am

I thought the first game was weird... I think the concept that Lebron ducked Kawhi is flawed, but the game was weird... We played all preseason one way, and came out on opening night and changed it all up... LeBron was in full-pass mode that game and I thought the idea was that we'd let AD and McGee win the game for us inside, but McGee was a non-factor, Howard was a fraction of what he is now, and LeBron just kept forcing passes to AD...
So rather than Ducking Kawhi, I'd just put that on a really flawed game plan and rusty players...
That said, I personally found that one extremely disappointing... But I didn't feel like Kawhi had 'bested LeBron'... I just felt like LeBron had played really poorly and we'd lost.

IMO, Kawhi hasn't really done anything yet from a rivalry standpoint. Opening night is a joke generally, and so is Christmas, so call me when we face them later in the season.
Never have rice at Hanzo's house...
Sedale Threatt
RealGM
And1: 40,957

Post#209 » by Sedale Threatt » Wed Nov 6, 2019 5:45 am

kblo247 wrote:
thebigbird wrote:
kblo247 wrote:Shaq was part time player too at his peak. But unlike Shaq, KAwhi comes and stays in shape.

You have some of the weirdest preferences I think I've ever run into. You rip Shaq and LeBron, proven championship cornerstones, and go to the mat for clowns like Lance Stephenson and Nick Young. I don't understand.
Dr Aki
RealGM
And1: 29,330

Post#210 » by Dr Aki » Wed Nov 6, 2019 6:19 am

evilpimp972
Assistant Coach
And1: 3,760

Post#211 » by evilpimp972 » Wed Nov 6, 2019 6:23 am

What a win! Not the best win of the year of course but every important for the bench mob! Kuzma is baaaaack!
Caruso defense in the 4th man....Cook waking up.....
AD was terrible though haha
Tinseltown wrote:
True Story wrote:KD is the best player in the NBA.

Kevin Durant is a better scorer than Jordan

MJ was never this efficient
Kilroy
Forum Mod - Lakers
Forum Mod - Lakers
And1: 12,222

Post#212 » by Kilroy » Wed Nov 6, 2019 6:23 am

So 6gms in a row... First time since when? 2010?
Never have rice at Hanzo's house...
kblo247
RealGM

Post#213 » by kblo247 » Wed Nov 6, 2019 6:28 am

Sedale Threatt wrote:
kblo247 wrote:
thebigbird wrote:Shaq's peak was his 2000 MVP season. He played 79 games regular season games and averaged 40 mpg. He then played 23 games in the playoffs at 43.5 mpg. Kawhi has never done anything comparable to that.

You have some of the weirdest preferences I think I've ever run into. You rip Shaq and LeBron, proven championship cornerstones, and go to the mat for clowns like Lance Stephenson and Nick Young. I don't understand.

I said Kawhi shouldn’t be criticized as a part time player when Shaq was a part time player most his laker career. They are part time for different reasons. Kawhi is health which he can’t control. Shaqs was laziness which he had total control of but got excused because of end results. Right now Kawhi send results excuse it all.

I ripped Lebron because he deserved to be ripped last year. He wasn’t engaged defensively. He didn’t do an introduction. He had the balls to say don’t you know who I am and he had nothing to prove. He claim he was activated and got his ass waxed his first year out west. Kobe would have got dragged through the mud for that **** in his shoes.

As for Young, I said he got a bull **** deal here and he did for Russell and Ingram. Russell outed him and he got benched initially. Russell got traded sure. But with Ingram, Ingram had one of the worst rookie years period and got out played by young and he still got benched for his ass over Ingram earning time and touches to teach him how to win, which he still doesn’t get.

As for lance I said he played his role last year and didn’t cause problems. He shot free throws better than Ingram, Hart, Zo, Bron. He hit his threes when others didn’t. He didn’t cause a stink when Luke did random ass subs even when he was hot. He was a fine end of the bench guy who played a role and didn’t cause trouble.

I ripped Randle because Randle was always empty numbers and fake hustle. Bad defense, and he isn’t a starter in this league if you’re trying to win. I ripped Ingram because he doesn’t impact the game defensively. I ripped Zo for being soft and an offensive liability. Ripped Hart for the stupid ass foul a 3 point shooter routine. I ripped JC before any of you because he didn’t play D or have common sense.

Have you ever seen me rip Lou when he was here? Rip Nance or Zubac? Rip Kuzma?

Hell I ripped the nash trade from day 1 and said Nash ran Kobe into the ground because he was a liability yet we got his coach which was stupid when the one guy in the group of Kobe, Pau, Nash, and Dwight who shouldn’t have been accommodated was Nash who is the loser of the bunch.

I also have always ripped MItch for depleting the 3 peat team, making bad signings, and being a bad Gm which he’s still showing in Charlotte without Jerry Buss holding his hand.

I just stick to the truth, may offend some folks along the way but I keep it real, that grouchy ass uncle Bernie
Pythagoras
Analyst
And1: 3,282

Post#214 » by Pythagoras » Wed Nov 6, 2019 6:32 am

Lebron is going to absolutely steamroll the Clippers next time we play them. Bank on it.
Numbers rule the universe.
kblo247
RealGM

Post#215 » by kblo247 » Wed Nov 6, 2019 6:40 am

snaquille oatmeal wrote:
kblo247 wrote:
iamworthy wrote:

Read on Twitter
?s=21

I saw that and I can tell you that argument is flawed. that was the first game of the season Lebron was playing with a team that has never played together before and was actually learning the point guard position. of course Lebron will get paired against the opposing PG. he was not hiding from KL. Leonard on the hand was playing with a team that already has chemistry because most of the team already play a hole season together. that is a huge advantage. just because Max and SAS wanted to see that match up and didn't doesn't mean that Lebron chickened out. it just means that it was more important for the team to play their part.

When KCP was getting his ass bust, do you not think Lebron should have manned up and stepped up to defend Kawhi?

Kobe would have did it. We saw Kobe chase wade, wrestle with Melo, get Westbrook etc as he aged.

Michael would have did it.

KD would have did it as he took Bron in the finals when he got hot.

Lebron hid on Beverly and didn’t even try when KCP got ate up because there is the chance he gets waxed both ways. And he didn’t want any of it, which is why he deflected in the media after the game about there being no rivalry etc. But come on Kawhi spurns you in free agency, the last time y’all met in the playoffs he got finals mvp over you, and he ran ads with a frown in them declaring it his city and you don’t check him?!

Hell Kawhi stepped up to the freak in the playoffs when it mattered and shut down his dreams of a title.

To me I can’t give it to Bron over him. Right now Kawhi is in the throne he earned last year and Bron has more to prove than him, including the fact Bron can impact the western standings and playoffs more. To Lebron busts his ass when it mattes this season I got Lebron as the number 2 in the league, Kawhi as 1, and Greek Freak as 3 with KD out. Let me also add that I would take healthy KD over any of them to be honest both ways, but that’s just me.

As it stands now I’m impressed by Lebron more so than I ever was last year. Not just play but effort and engagement in what he says. He actually sounds like he gives a **** about being a laker, as opposed to Lebron and the Lakers like last year. He’s played great ball, I hope he keeps it up, same with AD and the others. It’s just like Dwight, it’s just like had we got Melo, I’d give them a chance. Lebron last year was a horrible outlier and disappointment for me, but this year I enjoy watching him play and even talk
Dr Aki
RealGM
And1: 29,330

Post#216 » by Dr Aki » Wed Nov 6, 2019 7:30 am

Kilroy wrote:So 6gms in a row... First time since when? 2010?

6-0 when caruso plays

coincidence? i think not
stan francisco
Lead Assistant
And1: 1,543

Post#217 » by stan francisco » Wed Nov 6, 2019 9:29 am

Danny Darko wrote:
Daniels can probably be cut at this point.

Should be traded along with Cook/Pope in a three team deal for Iggy.
NBA titles since the merger: LAL 11, CHI 6, SAS 5, BOS 5, GSW 4.
Spanish_Laker
Lead Assistant
And1: 2,010

Post#218 » by Spanish_Laker » Wed Nov 6, 2019 9:52 am

Nice comeback, but this team has to work really hard on two things:

- execution (so many turnovers)
- 3pt shooting

If we improve that, 60+ win season.
Banned after 15 years in this forum for no reason. Farewell RealGM users
Michael Lucky
RealGM
And1: 6,513

Post#219 » by Michael Lucky » Wed Nov 6, 2019 2:16 pm

stan francisco wrote:
Danny Darko wrote:
Daniels can probably be cut at this point.

Should be traded along with Cook/Pope in a three team deal for Iggy.

Trading Daniels and Cook together is stupid. All of a sudden we only have one three point shooter on the team.
snaquille oatmeal
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 4,763

Post#220 » by snaquille oatmeal » Wed Nov 6, 2019 2:40 pm

kblo247 wrote:
snaquille oatmeal wrote:
kblo247 wrote:Stephen A and MAx had the argument on TV and I lean to MAx ... The one thing Kawhi has on LeBron is that LEBron ducked him on opening night. HE ducked him, wouldn't defend him, went ghost took the L, and tried press spin it. Right now their play level is close with Bron having a edge, but I give it to KAwhi because Kawhi waxed that ass opening night and then did the my city campaign.

When KCP was getting his ass bust, do you not think Lebron should have manned up and stepped up to defend Kawhi?

Kobe would have did it. We saw Kobe chase wade, wrestle with Melo, get Westbrook etc as he aged.

Michael would have did it.

KD would have did it as he took Bron in the finals when he got hot.

Lebron hid on Beverly and didn’t even try when KCP got ate up because there is the chance he gets waxed both ways. And he didn’t want any of it, which is why he deflected in the media after the game about there being no rivalry etc. But come on Kawhi spurns you in free agency, the last time y’all met in the playoffs he got finals mvp over you, and he ran ads with a frown in them declaring it his city and you don’t check him?!

Hell Kawhi stepped up to the freak in the playoffs when it mattered and shut down his dreams of a title.

To me I can’t give it to Bron over him. Right now Kawhi is in the throne he earned last year and Bron has more to prove than him, including the fact Bron can impact the western standings and playoffs more. To Lebron busts his ass when it mattes this season I got Lebron as the number 2 in the league, Kawhi as 1, and Greek Freak as 3 with KD out. Let me also add that I would take healthy KD over any of them to be honest both ways, but that’s just me.

As it stands now I’m impressed by Lebron more so than I ever was last year. Not just play but effort and engagement in what he says. He actually sounds like he gives a **** about being a laker, as opposed to Lebron and the Lakers like last year. He’s played great ball, I hope he keeps it up, same with AD and the others. It’s just like Dwight, it’s just like had we got Melo, I’d give them a chance. Lebron last year was a horrible outlier and disappointment for me, but this year I enjoy watching him play and even talk

Nah he should have done what he did and that is stick to the plan.

You may not remember or know but back in the late 80’s early 90’s there was a huge argument about who was better Magic or Jordan. Jordan was the best one on one player and Magic was the best team player. Magic and the Lakers had beaten the Bulls in the regular season because Magic stuck to his game, but the argument continued. Then they met in the finals and Magic’s ego got in the way and wanted to prove he was better than MJ. So he played the finals taking on Jordan one on one and lost.

The moral of that story is that you have to stick to what you do best and in the Clippers game that’s what Lebron did and although the Lakers lost the team will be better for it in the long run because it is helping Lebron to play a new position for an entire game with brand new teammates. Plus you have to remember that it was the first game of the season.

So you didn’t get to see a KL/Lebron battle so what? Let’s see what happens in the playoffs then we will revisit this subject. It is not a rivalry. The Clippers need prove themselves in the post season we don’t.
Forum permissions