Rookie Discussion [19/20] [part I]

Moderators: Domejandro, infinite11285, Harry Garris, ken6199, Dirk, bisme37, KingDavid, bwgood77, zimpy27, cupcakesnake

Who are your top 3 bets for ROTY if Zion sits out season? (RESET)

Brandon Clarke
7%
PJ Washington
3%
Kendrick Nunn
17%
Ja Morant
40%
Darius Garland
1%
Coby White
3%
Rui Hachimura
3%
RJ Barrett
10%
De’Andre Hunter
2%
Tyler Herro
15%

Total votes: 405

Buzzard
RealGM
And1: 7,522

Re: Rookie Discussion [POLL UPDATED TOP 3 - CAN CHANGE CHOICES AS GAMES ARE PLAYED] 

Post#1001 » by Buzzard » Thu Nov 7, 2019 5:03 am

Dacost wrote:
Illmatic12 wrote:Didn’t take long for us to start seeing the red flags with Cam Reddish - this is the problem, you can’t force a kid to fall in love with the game of basketball if he’s not willing to put in the work. If they don’t already have the right mentality coming into the league, it’s too late

Read on Twitter
?s=21

Sadly it’s no secret why Coach K couldn’t wait for him to leave Durham.

Cam Reddish is being paid $5 million and has done NOTHING as a professional to deserve it , if it was bad at Duke you think this kid is gonna listen to anyone now that he’s making millions? Good luck to the Hawks coaching staff trying to get through to him ..

Idk who that coach is but that's not the way to do it ...He almost hit Trae in the face.

7 games into the season, I am not losing any sleep over it. There were more than enough Hawks to blame this ugly showing on besides Reddish. He was just one of four Hawks who had four turnovers tonight. If it was me, I would asking what the hell happened with the two vets, Parker and Bembry, who had more than their fair share of boneheaded plays tonight.

I am positive what ever that was about, Coach Pierce will deal with it.
BAF Pacers: Unleash Trae!

PG Ice Trae
SG Buddy Hield/Luke Kennard/Brandin Podziemski
SF OG Anunoby/Terrence Ross/Kris Murray
PF Richaun Holmes/JaMychal Green/Chris Livingston
C KAT/Mark Williams
perempe20
Sixth Man
And1: 924

Re: Rookie Discussion [POLL UPDATED TOP 3 - CAN CHANGE CHOICES AS GAMES ARE PLAYED] 

Post#1002 » by perempe20 » Thu Nov 7, 2019 7:59 am

0:50 worst no-call (travel) on Morant
MemphisX
Analyst
And1: 3,552

Post#1003 » by MemphisX » Thu Nov 7, 2019 9:49 am

perempe20 wrote:0:50 worst no-call (travel) on Morant

Ball was tipped by KAT.
Check out my Memphis Grizzlies Youtube Channel --->>> https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCbB6yGykQEUwl9hqWYVp45g
Memgrizz0
Sophomore
And1: 251

Post#1004 » by Memgrizz0 » Thu Nov 7, 2019 9:57 am

Ja already having haters is how you know he’s good 8-)

Love seeing the big market New Yorkers upset :lol: :lol:
MemphisX
Analyst
And1: 3,552

Post#1005 » by MemphisX » Thu Nov 7, 2019 10:09 am

Read on Twitter
Check out my Memphis Grizzlies Youtube Channel --->>> https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCbB6yGykQEUwl9hqWYVp45g
Memgrizz0
Sophomore

Post#1006 » by Memgrizz0 » Thu Nov 7, 2019 10:13 am

Read on Twitter
?s=21
Memgrizz0
Sophomore

Re: Rookie Discussion [19/20] [part I] 

Post#1007 » by Memgrizz0 » Thu Nov 7, 2019 10:40 am

Read on Twitter
perempe20
Sixth Man
And1: 924

Post#1008 » by perempe20 » Thu Nov 7, 2019 11:38 am

btw nice cuts, can play off-ball as well.
yanuary
Rookie
And1: 608

Post#1009 » by yanuary » Thu Nov 7, 2019 11:56 am

Reddish sucks and its nothing new - he was garbage in Duke. I still cant believe that he was selected in lottery.
clyde21 wrote:sell high on Ingram, this is Zion's team now, there is no room for that black hole that is BI

clyde21 wrote:bench Ingram for NAW, already a better player
Charsace
Pro Prospect
And1: 44

Post#1010 » by Charsace » Thu Nov 7, 2019 5:01 pm

Memgrizz0 wrote:Ja already having haters is how you know he’s good 8-)

I highly doubt Knicks fans are upset Ja is is playing great seeing as how I'm a Knicks fan and I like what he's doing so far.

Why even be negative?
VCfor3
Forum Mod - Grizzlies
Forum Mod - Grizzlies
And1: 3,972

Post#1011 » by VCfor3 » Thu Nov 7, 2019 5:49 pm

Shoutout to Clarke being a stud. Perfect from the field and just does so many little things on each end of the court. Love the kid's motor. (And 194 ORtg with him on the floor is absurd!) This tweet was near the end of the game and not the final results just fyi.
Read on Twitter
RandlesCornrows
Bench Warmer
And1: 1,603

Post#1012 » by RandlesCornrows » Thu Nov 7, 2019 6:02 pm

Who is hating on Ja? Kid is a stud. Anyways, us New Yorkers are more than “upset” with this team, so I’m glad y’all get some satisfaction outta it. Now I question who is hating on who?

Anyways...

Back on the rookie discussion. Like I stated before the lack of space on this team it hurts RJ a lot. He’d be averaging at least 5/6 APG. Once he expands his mid range, and free throws, he’ll be unstoppable.
Buzzard
RealGM

Post#1013 » by Buzzard » Thu Nov 7, 2019 9:25 pm

Illmatic12 wrote:Didn’t take long for us to start seeing the red flags with Cam Reddish - this is the problem, you can’t force a kid to fall in love with the game of basketball if he’s not willing to put in the work. If they don’t already have the right mentality coming into the league, it’s too late

Read on Twitter
?s=21

Cam Reddish is being paid $5 million and has done NOTHING as a professional to deserve it , if it was bad at Duke you think this kid is gonna listen to anyone now that he’s making millions? Good luck to the Hawks coaching staff trying to get through to him ..

You probably don't know this but chances are he is being talked to about for not taking shots. His 3pt shot dropped at .333 in college and 77% ( pointed out by another Hawks fan ) of his shots were jumpers. Cam is passing up open looks as it seems like he has a conscious.

Reddish is averaging less threes a game in the pros than in college. Coaches want him to shoot no matter what if is he is open. That is why he was drafted. I would like to see him make some of those dunks he has been missing as well. Most of the misses are off the back of the rim on those, he just needs to realize he is pumped up when jumping :D

PG Ice Trae
C KAT/Mark Williams
Fat
RealGM
And1: 23,663

Post#1014 » by Fat » Fri Nov 8, 2019 12:27 am

:crazy: i havent seen anyone hate on him yet. im pretty sure both teams are more than happy with the guy they have at this point, i guess your using hate just because RJ is winning in the polls? lol. Right now morant i have him in the lead in the rookie race but the margin isnt big enough to lead to hate or disappointment.

+ we're tanking right into a good 2020 point guard draft :lol:
Miami Heat Baf

Fultz | NAW
Mitchell | Grimes
Trent Jr | DFS
Al Horford | Covington
Adams | Achiuwa
Illmatic12
RealGM
And1: 8,459

Post#1015 » by Illmatic12 » Fri Nov 8, 2019 12:45 am

Buzzard wrote:

Read on Twitter
?s=21

You probably don't know this but chances are he is being talked to about for not taking shots. His 3pt shot dropped at .333 in college and 77% ( pointed out by another Hawks fan ) of his shots were jumpers. Cam is passing up open looks as it seems like he has a conscious.

Reddish is averaging less threes a game in the pros than in college. Coaches want him to shoot no matter what if is he is open. That is why he was drafted. I would like to see him make some of those dunks he has been missing as well. Most of the misses are off the back of the rim on those, he just needs to realize he is pumped up when jumping :D

Not only is he not shooting enough open threes , he has a propensity for dribbling into contested shots that he shouldn't be taking.

Read on Twitter

Reddish needs to keep his game simple - shoot threes and attack closeouts with straight line drives. He isn't strong or athletic enough to do some of the stuff he's attempting. Even though I wasn't super high on him, I had no idea he would be struggling with basic concepts.
TheFinishSniper
Assistant Coach
And1: 3,244

Post#1016 » by TheFinishSniper » Fri Nov 8, 2019 1:46 am

Ja is likely ROY. I know it's still early but he just looks like ROY. As for Cam Reddish, I mean he looks exactly like person I thought he would be in NBA. Maybe even bit worse. He will bounce back from being completely terrible to just terrible eventually. But that's pretty much it.
cjx
Lead Assistant
And1: 5,454

Post#1017 » by cjx » Fri Nov 8, 2019 1:55 am

Brandon Clarke is Shawn Marion 2.0?
Take a couple of minutes and check out this comic book, my friends: https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/574101710/the-assemblage-issue-1a-courage-and-no-more-crises
Buzzard
RealGM

Post#1018 » by Buzzard » Fri Nov 8, 2019 2:35 am

Illmatic12 wrote:
Buzzard wrote:

Read on Twitter
?s=21

Not only is he not shooting enough open threes , he has a propensity for dribbling into contested shots that he shouldn't be taking.

Read on Twitter

Reddish needs to keep his game simple - shoot threes and attack closeouts with straight line drives. He isn't strong or athletic enough to do some of the stuff he's attempting. Even though I wasn't super high on him, I had no idea he would be struggling with basic concepts.

I am not worried about his strength as its only his rookie season. He has plenty of frame to put some muscle on. He does need to be the same player he was at Duke though; who took over 7 threes a game. I understand not wanting to hurt your team. If his coaching staff can live with them, he needs to live with them.

He needs to have one of those nights when 5 - 7 drop and the means will start justifying the end. He can work on his strength and dribble penetration in the off season.

PG Ice Trae
C KAT/Mark Williams
Duke4life831
Forum Mod
Forum Mod
And1: 64,314

Post#1019 » by Duke4life831 » Fri Nov 8, 2019 7:21 am

Buzzard wrote:
Illmatic12 wrote:
Buzzard wrote:You probably don't know this but chances are he is being talked to about for not taking shots. His 3pt shot dropped at .333 in college and 77% ( pointed out by another Hawks fan ) of his shots were jumpers. Cam is passing up open looks as it seems like he has a conscious.

Read on Twitter

I am not worried about his strength as its only his rookie season. He has plenty of frame to put some muscle on. He does need to be the same player he was at Duke though; who took over 7 threes a game. I understand not wanting to hurt your team. If his coaching staff can live with them, he needs to live with them.

He needs to have one of those nights when 5 - 7 drop and the means will start justifying the end. He can work on his strength and dribble penetration in the off season.

He pretty much is though. Cam is arguably one of the most frustrating players I can recall. Cam will have a stretch sooner or later when he puts a few games together when he's just bombing from 3 and everyone will have the talk, "Has Cam finally turned the corner?" then he goes back to this. The dude could drop 25 in a game, then put up multiple single digit games following it up.

Cam's last 7 games at Duke following up a 23 point performance against UNC. Averages 9 points a game on 7 shots (4 from 3) and didnt tell the coaching staff that anything was wrong up until about 10 minutes before tip off for a tournament game that he didnt feel up to playing.

All you're seeing from Cam right now is one of his "I dont really care" slumps, hes just doing it against far superior competition right now. Again we will see him have a hot game or 2, then he will be right back to this. This is just who Cam is, he was the same in high school. There were multiple moments when he was on the USA team being coached by Cal that Cal was visibly pissed at Cam for just not caring. The game where RJ made huge news for putting Canada on his back to beat USA, that was against Cam where he clearly just didnt care about the game and was god awful. This is Cam.
Repeat 3-peat
RealGM
And1: 14,429

Post#1020 » by Repeat 3-peat » Fri Nov 8, 2019 7:31 am

TheFinishSniper wrote:Ja is likely ROY. I know it's still early but he just looks like ROY. As for Cam Reddish, I mean he looks exactly like person I thought he would be in NBA. Maybe even bit worse. He will bounce back from being completely terrible to just terrible eventually. But that's pretty much it.

Ouch.

Return to The General Board